PDA

View Full Version : Clever Deception

bounty
02-08-03, 16:44
Post your stories here about how you were cleverly deceived in NC.

I'd say the funniest way I was pked, was when i was a newb and didn't know you could get pked in an apartment. and a bunch of clan guys from malevolent invited 3 of us to join the clan and we would "discuss matters further in the clan apartment"SO all 3 of us go up and then they tell us to sit down, and we needed to get initiated. And then like 5 dudes start killing all 3 of us. I was the only one to make it out alive but i thought that was pretty clever and funny.

\\Fényx//
02-08-03, 16:48
I was meddin about in TH once and some guy was like ''i can jump from any height and it wont kill me'' i bet him 500k that the big ass fall in tech haven would kill him, he jumped, he died, i laughed my nuts off and legged it :D :lol:

Helen Angilley
02-08-03, 16:49
Just after the "Hackable Belt" thing came in, I was stood just outside one of the quieter cellar levelling spots when a Tank comes up, inviting me to his team.

Remembering that being a member of someone's team allows them to take the contents of your dropped "belt", without hacking, I politely declined.

Needless to say, I came across the same Tank later on....along with his mates.

Shame they had all been torched, burnt and smashed into the ground by an irate Clan annoyed that one of their newbies had been tricked in such a way.

The most delicous part?

All their dropped belts were being hacked by a friend of the newbie they had tricked earlier.

Eh...didn't make much sense, wasn't on topic, but it made me laugh.

Duder
02-08-03, 16:52
...when genty stole my basic heals at Tawkeen, he traded a ppu clan mate of mine, and he thought i traded him so...eh.....was pretty clever, yeah. o_O

=Chojin=
02-08-03, 17:55
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I was meddin about in TH once and some guy was like ''i can jump from any height and it wont kill me'' i bet him 500k that the big ass fall in tech haven would kill him, he jumped, he died, i laughed my nuts off and legged it :D :lol:

i think i know the fall your on about...teh one by the lifts yeah....if its that one i can jump down and it doesnt kill me..
was the guy a n00b ?

Cho

\\Fényx//
02-08-03, 18:43
Originally posted by =Chojin=
i think i know the fall your on about...teh one by the lifts yeah....if its that one i can jump down and it doesnt kill me..
was the guy a n00b ?

Cho

you go thru the door with the big ass ''CONSTRUCTING'' sign above it, its the highest drop in the game :O mind you, fall damage doesent kill you now because of the server side death thing

Eckel
02-08-03, 18:59
Stood outdise TG GR when a 0/2 (LE)comes slashing with his knife..... Having somewhat faster run speed everytime he came runnign at me i'd move and he missed..after so many times i though bah sod this and got myself into a position, he went to stab i moved he hit the gaurd instead.......3-4-5 more times i did it then the gaurd went off his head and pulled out the fusion cannon.....no more annoying 0/2 runner ;).....

Hitman6
02-08-03, 19:15
Originally posted by Eckel
Stood outdise TG GR when a 0/2 (LE)comes slashing with his knife..... Having somewhat faster run speed everytime he came runnign at me i'd move and he missed..after so many times i though bah sod this and got myself into a position, he went to stab i moved he hit the gaurd instead.......3-4-5 more times i did it then the gaurd went off his head and pulled out the fusion cannon.....no more annoying 0/2 runner ;).....

thats how i west 3 PA tanks that try to kill e at TG...
they all had CS i just ran to the GR made them hit the guards and then added lil damge myself while they were running and finish them all :P

another think there was some spy in PP3 wich was enemy of mine so i sniped him with my poison beam (it was my monk) he ran to his app, i just hit his name as pass, and go in to his app. his door was still open coz i was fast and i just watch him dieing.
then he gr again to his app and i killd him again... then he waited for me to go and i pretend to go but came back befor the door closed and he gr and i killd him again :P... then i just barrled his GR and realy went and guss what? he died again :P

MrAnderson
02-08-03, 19:22
u lot nasty LOL but funneh

my best was some guy needed to kill me for a faction thingy so he came to me and said he would give me 100K to kill me so i said ok, he traded and i accept then i said that i didnt get the money and he did it again still killed me and robbed my flash light from my belt but o well i could buy a thousand more after that easily earned 200K

Vampire222
02-08-03, 19:35
clever deception, uhm, u had this bug a lot of time back, where you could sit on a chair, and would be invisible for ppl who came into zone after you sat down, so a few ppl sat down there, and some pk'er gred in, and started using a gatling on me, they all jumped behind him and kicked his ass... just in time for me..

KidWithStick
02-08-03, 20:24
like 5 months ago when the newbie sewers on pluto were infested, i would go down there and run up behind someone and open trade and say

"GIVE ME 5K AND I WONT KILL YOU!!! DONT TURN AROUND EITHER!!!"

AHAHAHA that was some fun times...

i also used to follow people up to there APT's and run in behind them and do the same thing with the money...

nonamebrandeggs
02-08-03, 20:27
Someone told me to type "0" as an appt password and I did :(.

GO TRY IT YOURSELVES!

KidWithStick
02-08-03, 20:28
omg..never tryed that...what does it do?

=Chojin=
02-08-03, 20:29
dumps u in a non exitable appy methinks

Cho

nonamebrandeggs
02-08-03, 20:57
Originally posted by KidWithStick
omg..never tryed that...what does it do?

You get stuck and have to kill yourself or wait for a GM :p.

KidWithStick
02-08-03, 20:59
i just did it and it didnt do nothing...guess they fixed it lol

Genty
10-08-03, 18:01
Originally posted by Duder
...when genty stole my basic heals at Tawkeen, he traded a ppu clan mate of mine, and he thought i traded him so...eh.....was pretty clever, yeah. o_O

Yeah...sorry about that, I think it was more a case of crossed wires than deception. I asked at the same time if anyone had some basic heals, i saw the answer and assumed it was to me so I traded him and got what I thought he wanted to give to me. Then I used one and gave the other back to you.

Anyway, as I said, crossed wires and more accidental deception.

DarkPhoenix
10-08-03, 20:00
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
You get stuck and have to kill yourself or wait for a GM :p.

Same with "-". But a GM spanwed a GR in one of them so people could get out. Before then there were many belts to hack.

HellHound
10-08-03, 20:05
Actually, I've never been deceived in NC (unless it was so clever I didn't even know it happened 8| ).

Some people expect you to fall for the dumbest things - I was hunting wbs last week and a monk came along and asked me the following in quick succession:

Could he try out my 5 slotted TL59 lightcaster because he had enough R-C and Dex to use it, honestly.
Could he borrow my hacktool.
And 'if you found any rares I can research them'. :wtf:

Zokk
10-08-03, 20:33
I don't get cleverly decieved... I cleverly decieve people :D

Once... a member of a clan I hated asked me where he should go to find Plaza 4. I told him it was through Pepper Park and that he should follow me.

When we got about half way through PP1 I killed him. :D

-----------------

A long time ago... I was standing in some non-safezone area and asked if anyone wanted some free ammo. So a n00b ran up to me and said he would like some. I asked him if plasma ammo was okay, and he said sure.

So I shot him and killed him.

I mean, I didn't lie or anything... it WAS ammo... it was just moving really really fast :D

------------------

I was in PP1 again looking for people to kill. A hostile faction n00b runs in, sees me, ducks back behind the wall. He asks me if it's okay if he passes through. I tell him that I'm not sure, he'll have to ask my friend. He asks who my friend is.

I tell him Mr. CS.

BAM dead.

nonamebrandeggs
11-08-03, 04:27
Originally posted by Zokk
I don't get cleverly decieved... I cleverly decieve people :D

Once... a member of a clan I hated asked me where he should go to find Plaza 4. I told him it was through Pepper Park and that he should follow me.

When we got about half way through PP1 I killed him. :D

-----------------

A long time ago... I was standing in some non-safezone area and asked if anyone wanted some free ammo. So a n00b ran up to me and said he would like some. I asked him if plasma ammo was okay, and he said sure.

So I shot him and killed him.

I mean, I didn't lie or anything... it WAS ammo... it was just moving really really fast :D

------------------

I was in PP1 again looking for people to kill. A hostile faction n00b runs in, sees me, ducks back behind the wall. He asks me if it's okay if he passes through. I tell him that I'm not sure, he'll have to ask my friend. He asks who my friend is.

I tell him Mr. CS.

BAM dead.

You missed the time where you tricked me into jumping off the cliff with you and Frok, when I was a weee little spy.

Drexel
11-08-03, 05:53
Cleaver Deception that failed...

Clan mate was trying to do his first epic, advertised for a runner to kill.

Paid the said runner in advance (100k) big mistake, he just ran off laughing.

Then 2 hours later the servers crashed & they reset Saturn 24 hours.

BINGO 100k back in his account. LOL damn that was funny.. next day we found the would be theif and asked him if he was missing anything. He chose not to reply & ran off (in embarasment i assume).

(you know who you are :lol: )

extract
11-08-03, 07:25
My personal fave are the ones where people talk smack...then get killed then log some alt thinking theyre fooling somebody...for instance...

I was with a mid lvl char of mine a PE he was probably lvl 35-40 or so and I was at F_08 with some other noobish chars that were out there cept for like a lvl 55 monk...who just happened to be tangent and i was FA....he was pretty cool til the wbs stopped spawning and I guess he got bored or whatever so he says to one of the other guys "pick a number either 1 or 2" well Im not stupid I realized what was happening right away....he wanted to PK us....well I immediately realizing my situation in the matter called on clan chat for some help cause "I think this guys gonna try to PK me" well I had about 5 guys in clan say "omw" so this guys like pick a number over and over again(really dumb on his part..he shoulda shot first talked later) cause it gave me ample time to stall him long enuf for some hi lvl clannies come and own him before he even got a shot off...not about 5 minutes later a hi lvl tank appears and just tries the casual "hi" "hows it going" shit... then after about 5 mins of just bullshittin hes like "hey Im friends with youre clan especially _____(the guy who just killed the monk)" and right away were all like who does he think hes fooling LOL.....so to make an already long and boring story short we called him out and i decided that since i kinda got left out of the last fight since he got owned so fast that id just start shooting....it felt great shooting him til he pulled out his CS and gave me a taste of uberness...I ultimately found out thru clan channel at the GR in TH that he got owned quick after i died...but he thought he was being clever but we all saw right thru it....

oh well i think its funny sorry if I wasted too much time =P

SilentGravity
11-08-03, 07:46
One word.... "Milkman"....

Mankind
11-08-03, 07:51
Heh I got a good one...

I was on my friends Tangent runner and needed to get my SS implanted. There was only one poker in plaza 1 and he was being a jerk. Well it was a Fallen Angel. He told me he didnt poke TT. I said please. He kept saying no. I finally told him I'd pay him 25k for just that one poke. He finally poked me. When it finished, I just smiled and logged off.

OTIS
11-08-03, 07:55
A few patches back when i started my monk... i was lvling off small sewer rats. A ??/20-30 monk(w/o and le chip in) demands money from my n00b. I tell him no, then he precedes to tell me that he will kill me if i dont give hime some cash. I tell him to stfu and that u cant kill me u f*cking n00b i still have my LE in. I ignore his spamming messages and continue to lvl. About 5 secs later i'm getting hit by something and i turn around just in time to see the same monk that had demanded $$ was energy lancing me to death.o_O Now i felt like a uber n00b cuz i had told him that he cant kill me cuz my le was in and figured i was protected...I was decieved by CA:p <----- I love that story :lol: :lol:

Zokk
11-08-03, 07:56
You missed the time where you tricked me into jumping off the cliff with you and Frok, when I was a weee little spy.

Ahh... yeah that was a good one too :p

Psychoninja
11-08-03, 08:38
SigmaHex would annoy me if I didn't mention this.
He mugged a spy for a Hovertec in TH once.....

:rolleyes:

Original monk
11-08-03, 12:17
I dont think its clever deception but its worth mentioning: I like to stand in PP1 at the entrance yust inside where the 2 copbots are, as a ppu i cant do alot to people but sumthimes a noobie TG tank thinks he's cool and tries to kill me with a mellee weapon, only thing ya need to do then is freeze em and take a few steps back, he will be pretty busy and full off adrenaline trying to kill you and wont notice the 2 copbots telling em to put he's weapon down, result is a dead melleetank :P

I saw this scenario loads of times now, not only with noobs that is...