PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to...?

DarkPhoenix
31-07-03, 21:32
On the back of the Neocon case it says, "A Practically unlimited number of weapon systems created through combinations and extension." Whatever happened to this? I can only imagine that it was taken out/not placed in because of sevrer stability problems and the constant flow of info to the client from the server.

Sanctus
31-07-03, 21:48
maybe they meant weapon with slot combinations?

MMORPGS have a habit of making it look prettier than it is.

DarkPhoenix
05-08-03, 02:43
Any official word on this? Sorry for bump.

Skinman
05-08-03, 03:29
I'd agree with Sanctus that the box always hypes up whats actually inside.. (tho in NC's case I don't really mind)..

apart from the fact it says 'Countless design options for player avatars', and I believe it also states somewhere (tho not on the back of the box) 'Use the terrain to YOUR advantage' - but omits the fact that if you use it too well it may be considered exploiting :)

MortuusLupus
05-08-03, 03:31
99% likelyhood they meant with slots and weapons combinations. On any one-slotted non-tech gun, you can make up to 11 different weapons. There are 4 stat modifiers (barrel, gyro, bulletchamber, ultima), 3 ammo-mods (fire, xray, poison/explosive), and up to 4 other mods (flashlight, scope, silencer, laser pointer). Tech guns have even more. If you calculate out the number of combinations of slot-mods for each and every weapon in the game, add them together, and you'll come up with a ridiculously huge number.

Not really infinite, but almost impossible for anyone to have have one of every weapon in each possible setup.