PDA

View Full Version : Monk PA quest

Callash
31-07-03, 16:13
Oof, Im done. The NPCs are translated, now they are being spawned. I had to change something due to technical reasons though. Now you need at least 30 Crahn Sympathy OR at least 50 Sympathy with a Crahn-friendly faction to do the run. Anyone can use it though.

I hope you enjoy it. Questions, Comments, Bugs (gee, I hope not) can be posted here :)

OpTi
31-07-03, 16:15
WooP!

/me runs to tell clan

Edit: are they being spawned on venus too? i have an apu there that would also like a cloak along with my uranus ppu :D

Tyranny
31-07-03, 16:15
You DA MAN!!!!

hinch
31-07-03, 16:16
do you have to use your monk to get it or can i get it with my pe and just trade to monk cos im too lazy to do it using a monk

hajoan
31-07-03, 16:16
Question? OK:
Where are the two NPCs for starting the run?
What should it have to do with the LEs in the german Forum (need LE for constructing)?
When will I have a PA?

Great work Callash!

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 16:17
Damnit - and still 3 hours till I get home :(

Cyphor
31-07-03, 16:19
Originally posted by hajoan
Where are the two NPCs for starting the run?

Good question, and great work :D

hudsonbeck
31-07-03, 16:19
SWEET!

Now i kinda like that i was Laid off from work on tuesday:p
Sad huh?

Oh well.... Its off to get my new PA

THX Callash!

H

Russian
31-07-03, 16:26
Can a tank with 10 PSI wear it? If not - it should be nerfed ASAP.

phunqe
31-07-03, 16:27
Can we please get the reqs for the 4 different PAs?

You don't know which one to get if you don't have this information.

Thanks.

TEBO
31-07-03, 16:27
Whats the stats for the 8 PAs?

Anyone provide the info?

I can't wait to get back playing soon - arm got busted in car smash :( (Younger cousins been playing on me account since)

Siygess
31-07-03, 16:29
Good job Callash :)
(and I dont even play a monk!)

I dont suppose you can confirm if PE's are still going to get their own PA?

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 16:29
Originally posted by Russian

lol :lol:

n00b :p

@Siygess - stop hijacking this thread... :D

\\Fényx//
31-07-03, 16:35
Originally posted by Russian

:lol:

nah look ok, PSI's may have got their mothly nerf recently with the banishing of hybrids but cmon... theyr still fuckin over powerd. wheres the spy's 8 PA's !

BlackPrince
31-07-03, 16:38
A spy can wear one right, because we are the '2nd best users of Psi Powers' in the game...

right?

jernau
31-07-03, 16:39
Originally posted by Siygess
Good job Callash :)
(and I dont even play a monk!)

I dont suppose you can confirm if PE's are still going to get their own PA?

No offence but fuck PEs. Spies were promised their PA was a week away bloody months ago. Not only is it still not there but in the mean-time monkey-suits have been fully developed and implemented.

Nice one Callash - my monk appreciates this loads.
but
Fuck you KK - my spies are sick and tired of this shitty treatment.

\\Fényx//
31-07-03, 16:39
Originally posted by BlackPrince
A spy can wear one right, because we are the '2nd best users of Psi Powers' in the game...

right?
BWAHAHAHAHA ! thats almost as funny as carinth calling Joe Pineapples ''Jackass Joe'' in his whine thread yesterday :D

Dirus
31-07-03, 16:42
Oki people.

;)

Crahn PowerCloak A/P

PSI 85 A/PPU 95

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +20
PSI +2
A/PPU +7
CON -2
P/APU -15

Blessed Crahn PowerCloak A/P

PSI 95 A/PPU 110

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +25
PSI +4
A/PPU +10
CON -4
P/APU -20

Spirit Crahn PowerCloak A/P

PSI 115 A/PPU 125

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +30
PSI +6
A/PPU +13
CON -6
P/APU -25

Holy Crahn PowerCloak A/P

PSI 135 A/PPU 140

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +35
PSI +8
A/PPU +16
CON -8
P/APU -30

Edit: They all weigh the same amount. 5.0

hudsonbeck
31-07-03, 16:44
Originally posted by Lupus

PSI 135 A/PPU 140

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +35
PSI +8
A/PPU +7
CON -8
P/APU -30

Must mean P/APU +17..... Right?

H

Not that it even matters at this point;)

\\Fényx//
31-07-03, 16:46
ROFL, you wait all this time, you cry so bloody much... and for what... cloaks made from tissue paper, thats been soaked in petrol for 3 days just to make it extra weak O_o

I'd hate to see spy armour, will probably be a proper leather gimp suit with gag and everything O_o adding like +5 to all resists for the TL 135 version D=

To be honest, I know other tanks kill bitch and moad at this however I believe that each PA should have near identicle stats to its equivelant, eg PSI 1/tank1 should have around the same energy, maybe halving the pierce/force and anning those points back in fire/xray so then the total ammount of added resist points is the same, the + and - to main stats would be the equivelent to eachother aswell O_o no?

Vampire222
31-07-03, 16:47
add piercing to em.... plz....

hinch
your taking the piss if you expect monks to actually use that in combat

the bonus isnt worth it and the -con is bad
it should be -dex since we dont use that for anything.

however unlike tanks a capped monk can slip on pa3 without drugs if they have a ds :)

Dirus
Originally posted by hudsonbeck
Must mean P/APU +17..... Right?

H

Not that it even matters at this point;)

Oops.. it's +16

I just cut and paste and changed stats :p

*goes and fixes it*

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 16:52

PSI 95 A/PPU 110

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +25
PSI +4
A/PPU +10
CON -4
P/APU -20

I know what I'm slipping in to later on :D

That will take un-buffed APU to 173 and with PSI 3 to 193... Oh baby :D

Edit-----

Actually, because I get a +4 to PSI, I can take out the Exp PSI 3 in there atm and stick my attack 1 back in - wheeee :D

TEBO
31-07-03, 16:54
Oki people.

;)

Crahn PowerCloak A/P

PSI 85 A/PPU 95

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +20
PSI +2
A/PPU +7
CON -2
P/APU -15

PSI 95 A/PPU 110

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +25
PSI +4
A/PPU +10
CON -4
P/APU -20

Spirit Crahn PowerCloak A/P

PSI 115 A/PPU 125

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +30
PSI +6
A/PPU +13
CON -6
P/APU -25

PSI 135 A/PPU 140

Fire +10
XRay +10
Energy +35
PSI +8
A/PPU +16
CON -8
P/APU -30

mmmm lets c, with PSI at 115 I can use the 3rd PPU PA, but I would have to give up the Holy Spirit Vest - these monk PAs got any force or pierce on them?

ezza
31-07-03, 16:55
hmm ill still wear the higher suit but the resists are a bit disapointing, only the energy increases each level, why doesnt all the resists increase with each suit?

bd*
31-07-03, 16:57
I have it (pic coming up)

It is t3h s3x.
http://www.btinternet.com/~nwoclan/PSIPA.JPG

Thats APU PA2. Been running around in P1 with it for a while now, got some funny looks from people thinking i was a GM lol.

No chance of getting it now on Saturn, about 20 ppl crowded the NPC. Shame i didnt see this before i started the mission, woulda known i could go straight for 3 :( Though its advantages over 2 are nthing considering id have to pop my attack 2. So im happy :D

Also, the NPC didnt tell me everything i had to get :wtf:

Shockwave
31-07-03, 16:58
Originally posted by jernau
No offence but fuck PEs. Spies were promised their PA was a week away bloody months ago. Not only is it still not there but in the mean-time monkey-suits have been fully developed and implemented.

but

There's no pleasing some people. :rolleyes:

Shock.

Ps. I'm a Rifle Spy on Pluto, and yes, while I'm so desperate for Spy PA I'd be willing to sell my first-born for a set, I'm quite happy to let KK develop and release it in their own time.
Patience, young one! :)

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 16:59
Originally posted by bd*
I have it (pic coming up)

It is t3h s3x.

How easy is it to get ?

ezza
31-07-03, 16:59
damn the spys are invaiding the monk thread with there we want spy armour posts again:rolleyes:

TEBO
31-07-03, 17:01
Originally posted by hinch
your taking the piss if you expect monks to actually use that in combat

the bonus isnt worth it and the -con is bad
it should be -dex since we dont use that for anything.

however unlike tanks a capped monk can slip on pa3 without drugs if they have a ds :)

u dont need a ds to reach 115

fully capped 100
psi core = +5 psi
exp controller 3 = +5 psi
psi mem 3 = +5 psi
def psi 3 = 0 psi

=115 psi = no need for drugs or ds

Ark
31-07-03, 17:02
wow the stats suck on the monky pa =(

bd*
31-07-03, 17:04
Originally posted by GT_Rince
How easy is it to get ?

Very easy. PA2 needed, 20 chitin, LE, Holy Energy Bolt, Holy Crahn Shelter Vest (he will say just Shelter Vest, has to be holy) and Tank PA (the second one).

Pic on last page ;)

hinch
31-07-03, 17:05
Originally posted by TEBO
u dont need a ds to reach 115

fully capped 100
psi core = +5 psi
exp controller 3 = +5 psi
psi mem 3 = +5 psi
def psi 3 = 0 psi

=115 psi = no need for drugs or ds

there is if your a hybrid

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 17:07
Originally posted by ezza
damn the spys are invaiding the monk thread with there we want spy armour posts again:rolleyes:

lol - when the ARS came out and the monks moaned that they wanted the PSI PA, the spies told us to stfu... Sooo.......... http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/eviltongue.gif

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 17:10
Originally posted by bd*
and Tank PA (the second one).

8|

hinch
31-07-03, 17:10
Originally posted by bd*
Very easy. PA2 needed, 20 chitin, LE, Holy Energy Bolt, Holy Crahn Shelter Vest (he will say just Shelter Vest, has to be holy) and Tank PA (the second one).

Pic on last page ;)

right so basically i need:

an implant you cant buy in shops and dont worn
and tank pa2 from somewhere i cannot go due to being tg

hmmz i spot a problem here

jernau
31-07-03, 17:11
Originally posted by Shockwave
There's no pleasing some people. :rolleyes:

Shock.

Ps. I'm a Rifle Spy on Pluto, and yes, while I'm so desperate for Spy PA I'd be willing to sell my first-born for a set, I'm quite happy to let KK develop and release it in their own time.
Patience, young one! :)

Patience my ass. They told us the v.2 of the gimp suit was a week away in what? March?

In the time they've spent laughing at and pissing on spies they have developed and deployed and entire set of PAs for monks including new NPCs and missions. I'm getting really damned tired of the way KK balance this game and I know I'm not alone.

ps - sorry to get shitty about this but I refuse to shut up until they stop taking the mickey.

hinch
31-07-03, 17:15
you all told us monks to stfu when they nerfed the entire monk class with a tank

yet your 2nd generation rad suit isnt here and you bitch like a whore?

i`ll now commence to tell you what you told us

STFU NOOB

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 17:15
right so basically i need:

an implant you cant buy in shops and dont worn
and tank pa2 from somewhere i cannot go due to being tg

hmmz i spot a problem here

I have both of these - but seems like a strange combination :confused:

EDIT-----------

Oh, and to the spies bitching in here, I got one thing to say....

ZZzzzz http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bored1.gif

enablerbr
31-07-03, 17:18
jernau you should know by now . every time KK nerf's the monks. KK then gives them a new toy to SHUT THEM THE F*** UP.

so if it keeps them silent for a while i'm happy.:D

jernau
31-07-03, 17:19
you all told us monks to stfu when they nerfed the entire monk class with a tank

yet your 2nd generation rad suit isnt here and you bitch like a whore?

i`ll now commence to tell you what you told us

STFU NOOB

I never did anything of the kind and like I say my Monk is over the moon about this. Unfortunately my spies are rather more than just angry.

edit - @enablerbr - Yeah I know :(. I also think the Psi armour is a lot less than a lot of people hoped and that the spy armour will be made of tin-foil and dog-turds when it eventually arrives. Somehow I still have hope that they'll get their thumbs out their arses one day.:mad:

FirestarXL
31-07-03, 17:20
Script bug!
--------------

I got the Level 2 armour, the NPC told me to get an x256a (the gold PA) - it lied. It in fact wanted ther level 2 PA (x-12 or something) for the level 2 monk armour.

That needs to be corrected otherise others will waste 200k also

hinch
31-07-03, 17:23
heres a present for you bitching spys

http://www.bart666.com/tbh/tbh.html

\\Fényx//
31-07-03, 17:25
what the f*ck?

why make a stupid recepie quest when you can just release it in a vendor like shop at the Crahn Church... just like tank PA is sold? that seems stupid to me to be honest...

'' inorder to make your highly flammable tissue paper cloak we require a chip that turns you into a pacifist, 20 pieces of spider shell aswell as a big ass 2 ton piece of hydraulics and metal'' O_o

Tyranny
31-07-03, 17:26
A new toy it maybe but with those resists and the - CON I think personally it will be just used to walk around Plaza in for a few days until novelty wears off. Can not see it being worn for PvP or PvM.... OH well seems they NERFED the Monk PA before we got it .... spose it saves them doin it in later patch :D

Anyhow I haven't tried it yet so will have to wait for feedback from others that have

DigestiveBiscui
31-07-03, 17:30
DOESNT WORK FOR ME

one of my spies has 74 TG synap, 14 FA and 17 crahn - but i cant get it....so the idea of have 50 for friendly crahn synap dont work

*sigh*

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 17:32
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
'' inorder to make your highly flammable tissue paper cloak we require a chip that turns you into a pacifist, 20 pieces of spider shell aswell as a big ass 2 ton piece of hydraulics and metal'' O_o

LOL :lol:

shalille
31-07-03, 17:34
I agree you should just have sold it in the stores same as tank PA.....unless you're actually making it nodrop.

Vampire222
31-07-03, 17:37
wheres the constructor???

bd*
31-07-03, 17:39
Originally posted by Vampire222
C_06 By the GoGo

MAJOR
31-07-03, 17:39
OMG another 30mins of work left, then 30mins drive home so i wont have the armor untill about 5:40pm ffs !!!

can some save me time and tell me where when what hes wearing the npc to contact :)))) pretty pretty please..............

MAJ

jernau
31-07-03, 17:40

He's a spy so KK have him out back with Egor, 8 litres of vaseline and a rusty garden rake.

enablerbr
31-07-03, 17:42
LOL

it's not that bad for spies yet. well not while monk's have worse PA than us spies have armour.

Pitspawn
31-07-03, 17:43
Whoever designed this run is a total retard. Yes lets make a mission for monks need INSANE transport. I remember a gm standing at the NPC enquiring why there were so many tanks there. DUH!

1x Delivery bag = 5.5 kilos
1x 256x PA = 21.5 kilos
1x Shelter Vest = 0.5 kilos
1x LE = 0.1 kilos

And after all this, running about etc the npc didnt work for me. Total waste of time.

Mingerroo
31-07-03, 17:46
So let me get this straight.

Spy PA was promised ages ago and still isn't here.

Monk PA is here, but has a worse resists than that of holy shelter.
Not to mention it lowers your already low CON!!!

Tanks can buy their PA, spies and monks have to do runs and get sympathy and all that shit for theirs. o_O

You psis are being jipped, and I really want my Spy PA cos according to this my spy would probably be on the second one by now.

ericdraven
31-07-03, 17:47
Erm... we are monks.. no pack-donkeys... i had to remove EVERYTHING from my monk in order to have... -4 freeload? Lucky me my mate is PPU who casted a supporter booster on me so i could at least walk... like a snail...

just to see stupid crahn PKers in the monastery who kill everyone who wants to get the PA.. pff.

tuxy
31-07-03, 17:49
i found another bug in the script the npc says the armor gives good protection surely hes ment to say the armor gives alot less protection than a holy sprit vest?

bd*
31-07-03, 17:53
Originally posted by ericdraven
Erm... we are monks.. no pack-donkeys... i had to remove EVERYTHING from my monk in order to have... -4 freeload? Lucky me my mate is PPU who casted a supporter booster on me so i could at least walk... like a snail...

just to see stupid crahn PKers in the monastery who kill everyone who wants to get the PA.. pff.

They put the NPCs by GoGos for a reason o_O

Carinth
31-07-03, 17:54
Fenyx, I didn't intend Jackass Joe to be directed at anyone specific : )

Looks like I can only use PA2 at best without drugs. The ideal pure imp setup with DS only gives 111 PSI. So I'll be wearing it in plaza otherwise it'll be in the closet.

hinch
31-07-03, 17:55
tbh theres not a single reason to wear it ever

since it is litterally goingto be only for show and running around plaza 1 in it why dont you just get the lvl 4 pa and just drug upto the bollocks to wear it

it has no other use than to make people go woo oahhh

it does look damn good and monks need pa but they need GOOD pa

perhaps stats should read like this

+50 fir
+50 xrr
+40 eng
+20 por
+50 for

and remove the -ve effects on a/ppu and you have something that is actually usefull in combat

you also wanna change -con to -dex then it becomes really usefull and would be worth getting

FirestarXL
31-07-03, 17:56
By the way, apart from the above mentioned bug (w00t, got myself some gold tank PA for the mantlepiece), it was an enjoyable little run, and not overly long which was good.

The sewer king guy was amusing :D

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 17:57
+10 APU (lvl 2) in combat IS useful - when you already have 160+, a boost up to 170+ without PSI 3 being cast, is a hell of a difference.

Callash
31-07-03, 18:00
Originally posted by Pitspawn
Whoever designed this run is a total retard.
Thanks.

bd* said it though, thats exactly why i put the NPC next to a gogu.

oh, and \\Fényx//: more like "In order to have a new item, I require you to have a bit of a challenge, as challenge is the key to fun in games." But feel free to boycot the run and sit in your app, if that suits you more.

SpAcEDoUbT
31-07-03, 18:03
Itd be nice if the NPC's were on Venus tho:(

Seems like the people who play PvM all day and all night and have hoards of money have got the 20 that were released. :(

bd*
31-07-03, 18:04
PA2 will always be ideal. To use 3 i have to pop my Attack 2 and put in a mem 3 or ds (if i had one). Even with a DS and PA3 it wouldnt give a big enough bonus over PA2.

So, Make PA2 blue as its the only one to wear :D

Also, i love this PA, defo be wearing it. The resists arent great but the improved attack is amazing. I can run cast my Fire Apoc without a gimped pool and its still got a free slot and not even capped dmg%.

So :P I like it. Thx Callash, nice PA (psst make it blue).

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 18:04
Originally posted by Callash
Thanks.

bd* said it though, thats exactly why i put the NPC next to a gogu.

oh, and \\Fényx//: more like "In order to have a new item, I require you to have a bit of a challenge, as challenge is the key to fun in games." But feel free to boycot the run and sit in your app, if that suits you more.

Callash, you know there are always gonna be a few peeps who bitch and moan anout the slightest thing - the trend atm is if it doesn't drop in your lap, complain :D

Good work on getting this in so fast dude :)

hinch
31-07-03, 18:05
+10 APU (lvl 2) in combat IS useful - when you already have 160+, a boost up to 170+ without PSI 3 being cast, is a hell of a difference.

not when offset against -ve con and -ve ppu as even "pure apu`s" usually have a tl3 heal just cos its so much faster than the pointless medkits

and when the resists are crappy then whats the point seriously there is none

Pitspawn
31-07-03, 18:06
Sorry callash but you guys have to have some sense when you make these things. Its not smart making the powerarmour run require INSANE transport for a class that has the LEAST TRANSPORT.

BTW Your NPCs are wrong you need to alter the scripts. The level1 PA tells me to get 256x PA. It actually means x13 PA.

Also there was NO mention of needing a TL3 heal for the construction. And why when the NPC returns the heal does he return it totally wrecked? Almost everyone in our clan is stressing out how complicated and misleading the npcs orders are. There is NO mission log, so you cant refer back to what you need. Can you honestly tell me that you feel this is acceptable?

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 18:07
not when offset against -ve con and -ve ppu as even "pure apu`s" usually have a tl3 heal just cos its so much faster than the pointless medkits

and when the resists are crappy then whats the point seriously there is none

Check my sig :p

I am pure - i.e I have no PPU at all.

And -3 off CON makes no difference to me at all - my Filter Heart 1 is quite happy there :)

hinch
31-07-03, 18:09
as i said most pures not all but most do have a tl3 heal

combination of -ve con and crappier resists than holy spirit really put you at more of a disadvantage than you realise

doing the mini run for it i dont care about though the npc`s would have been better in a safe zone not where pkers can camp you out.

but just the -ve effects of it are shocking i think i`ll just stick to holy buffs and holy sprit armour i already ahve my halo capped so no need for any fancy pa

Lucjan
31-07-03, 18:10
To those being disappointed by the stats of the monk PA: well, every PA sucks. Take a look at the tank PA1 and PA2. PA2 (STR115) gives only a few points better resists then the normal Dur-Armor. Tank get some STR, but besides PA1 and some leveling cases there is no need for that additional STR anyway.
It slows tanks down and makes the hit box much bigger what really isnt worth the +10 H-C.
The PA1 (STR95) is the uber sux with resist values even below Dur4. PA=looks cool. Thats it. But at least all monk PAs can be used ;-)

Now Im off to find a fellow PPU for a support booster to carry that stupid tank PA...

Callash
31-07-03, 18:16
Originally posted by Pitspawn
Sorry callash but you guys have to have some sense when you make these things. Its not smart making the powerarmour run require INSANE transport for a class that has the LEAST TRANSPORT.

BTW Your NPCs are wrong you need to alter the scripts. The level1 PA tells me to get 256x PA. It actually means x13 PA.

Also there was NO mention of needing a TL3 heal for the construction. And why when the NPC returns the heal does he return it totally wrecked? Can you honestly tell me that you feel this is acceptable?
1) Which is why i put it next to a gogu.

2) Already did, do a complete relog and it should display correctly

3) Yes I can. The quality thing is to prevent an exploit. There is no way to script an NPC to just give you "your" stuff back. Nor is there a way to determine if you have something in your inventory or not. All i can do is take items, check if this worked, or give items.
So the construct NPC takes items, and if he doesnt succeed, he gives you the items he took back. But like i said, i cannot give you "your" stuff back. That is why I had do choose the least possible quality. Otherwise, you could turn wrecked spells into fresh ones with this NPC, which would be an exploit, possibly even a money exploit.

Vampire222
31-07-03, 18:17
the pas bugged, i drug up using a krinakh shroom to psi 116 (111 base), so it should stay on after drug wears, ok it does that, but, but but ubt, its energy/xray/fire resists do not show in the armor tab

Callash
31-07-03, 18:22
the pas bugged, i drug up using a krinakh shroom to psi 116 (111 base), so it should stay on after drug wears, ok it does that, but, but but ubt, its energy/xray/fire resists do not show in the armor tab
It gives resists instead of armor value. Will be fixed with the next patch.

Selendor
31-07-03, 18:25
I don't understand the negativity people are posting towards the specs. They seem in line with other power armours for Tank and Copbot.

You lose Con, but so what? Surely that only affects the heart you can wear?

You lose if you're a hybrid. Well thats no suprise. Pure's have no disadvantage there.

You subsitute the 15 Force and 23 Pierce from the normal Vest. True, thats annoying, but isn't the boost to power and PSI level worth this?

If not, then don't use it, the last thing I want to see on the battlefield is monks that all look the same, we already get that with the Tanks (until they stop using them later on).

EDIT - and whoa, it adds to resists instead of armour ? Get wearing it now while you can :eek:

Sel

Rizzy
31-07-03, 18:26
Take out your psi attack chip 2, pop in a proto resistor. You lose 10 apu from the chip but gain it from the armour and gain nice resists from the resistor chip. Much better then psi attack 2 and holy spirit vest?

or even a moveon in? Hmmmmm. Worth investigating imo.

GT_Rince
31-07-03, 18:30
Typical - finally we get the monk PA, and peeps are complaining - lol

\\Fényx//
31-07-03, 18:31
Im sorry callash ok, but cmon? look at the PSI PA, what is the tank PA required for or is it just there as a money sink? Granted i know its more of a mini mission reward, however the ingredients are just completely out of whack with the final item, kinda like making yourself a nylon pair of boxers you need some toenail clippings, the shell of a mini and some books. O_o No offence meant however maybe you should have made it so they needed a set of holy spirit armour instead of the tank PA for the armour. ??? O_o

Pitspawn
31-07-03, 18:38
Well i finally got the Standard and Blessed Versions of PPU PA. Theyre not bad, the CON hit is way lower than i thought it'd be. One really good thing...

As TL of Monk PA increases weight stays the same! :)

This is a very good move IMO because 5.0 kilos is borderline for the armour as it is.

Thanks for fixing the npcs callash.

Callash
31-07-03, 18:39
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Im sorry callash ok, but cmon? look at the PSI PA, what is the tank PA required for or is it just there as a money sink? Granted i know its more of a mini mission reward, however the ingredients are just completely out of whack with the final item, kinda like making yourself a nylon pair of boxers you need some toenail clippings, the shell of a mini and some books. O_o No offence meant however maybe you should have made it so they needed a set of holy spirit armour instead of the tank PA for the armour. ??? O_o
The tank PA is required for the "PA" bit. the crahn vest is required to make it monk-y, the LE for some special mechanics it contains, chitin for more energy resist and so on. That's what the NPCs tell you, dude o_O

Besides, like I said: In a game like this, you can't forget the fun factor. Of course I could have scripted the run to just require you to buy a set of Spirit Armor, but c'mon, how much fun would that one have been to do? I could've as well made the NPC just ask you for money and giving you a Monk PA. But that would have been lame, if you ask me.

Itth
31-07-03, 18:43

you took the words out of my mouth.

whiners, stfu.

Stigmata
31-07-03, 18:44
First off please dont merge the thread !

Ok go to the guy at crahn HQ he tells you all the things you need blah blah fucking blah.

you get the things you think he wants you to!

you go to tawkeen village

there are 60+people trying to talk to the same npc

so it takes about 30 minutes to talk to him.

Then when you eventually talk to him the screen is just blank! WTF!!!!!!!

so someone tells me crahn symp is too low, so i get a mate to trade with the guy,

he then just constantly says "you came for pa1 right"

hell no you dumb fucker chris micheal i want pa2

then he springs a surprise on all of us there and disapears.

WTF KK sort this out another show of incompentence, the npc has been in for what maybe an hour and he is fucked already.

Andy

forgot to say this is saturn

tuxy
someone killed the npc at the church on saturn and now he wont respawn what a suprise!

Jest
I could've as well made the NPC just ask you for money and giving you a Monk PA. But that would have been lame, if you ask me. Agreed. Thats exactly the type of stuff this game needs more of. Good start C. Every one who is complaining about the mission eats babies so don't listen to them any way.

\\Fényx//
31-07-03, 18:46
im not disputing that callash, but i just dont see what parts of the tank PA would be required for it. its a ruddy huge chunk of metal, what would make sense (imo) is if the was a full set of each level of psi armour for each level of the PA, well a little bit cheaper than the tank PA but you still gotta get chitin aint ya plus the other stuff, just a full set of each level of PSI armour makes more sense to me O_o

jernau
31-07-03, 18:46
The tank PA is required for the "PA" bit. the crahn vest is required to make it monk-y, the LE for some special mechanics it contains, chitin for more energy resist and so on. That's what the NPCs tell you, dude o_O

Besides, like I said: In a game like this, you can't forget the fun factor. Of course I could have scripted the run to just require you to buy a set of Spirit Armor, but c'mon, how much fun would that one have been to do? I could've as well made the NPC just ask you for money and giving you a Monk PA. But that would have been lame, if you ask me.

I have to agree to all this. The "mini-quest" idea is sound and makes it more interesting.

FirestarXL
31-07-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Jest
Agreed. Thats exactly the type of stuff this game needs more of. Good start C. Every one who is complaining about the mission eats babies so don't listen to them any way.

Amen to that! :D

Dribble Joy
31-07-03, 18:53
How about making the Tank PA attainable from a mission as well?
A merc mini-mission? Go around getting random hydralic parts and stuff?

Same with the other PAs perhaps?

monkeh - crahn
tank - mercs
radsuit - TT
PE - DoY?
Spy - FA

Fell free to ridicule...

SpAcEDoUbT
31-07-03, 18:58
Callash , I know KK dont run Venus , But do u have any idea if the NPCs are going to be added?? or are there ONLY 20 being released onto Venus..?

Ive mailed one of the AD employees( in french of course) but have had no reply as yet.

Callash
31-07-03, 19:01
I will send those NPC scripts to AD, but I have no idea if they will implement them, or do their own thing... or not implement them at all.

Peeping Tom
31-07-03, 19:09
finaly got my monkey pa its pretty good actualy no now i can lom my apu for bigger pool and my resist some :)

Question Is the pa supposed to add Armor Value or Con Value inn resist ? atm it adds the resist to con

K4F

Vampire222
31-07-03, 19:11
Whos Responsible for the development of the psi pa, i got to smite him *SLAP* NO RED LASER EYES!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Vampire222
31-07-03, 19:12
EEK doublepost mania

ericdraven
31-07-03, 19:13
1) Which is why i put it next to a gogu.

Well, i didn't know this a priori. ;)

However, I appreciate your work Callash and that it has been done so quickly.

OpTi
31-07-03, 19:13
I will send those NPC scripts to AD, but I have no idea if they will implement them, or do their own thing... or not implement them at all.

can we borrow Nid and his hammer if they don't implement them?

we've been waiting patiently for this and have planned it for a long time, quietly biding out time and letting things pass untill we are ready

Mingerroo
31-07-03, 19:28
As for the dropping in lap comment. Im not saying I want it to drop in my lap, I love the idea of missions to get it. But tanks get to BUY their PA! And you need that to make psi PA. So not only is the psi PA more expensive than tank PA, it is also harder to get.

I dont want to buy this PA in shops, I just want tank PA to need a short mission, a certain amount of faction sympathy and a little of your time AS WELL.

\\Fényx//
31-07-03, 19:30
Originally posted by Mingerroo
As for the dropping in lap comment. Im not saying I want it to drop in my lap, I love the idea of missions to get it. But tanks get to BUY their PA! And you need that to make psi PA. So not only is the psi PA more expensive than tank PA, it is also harder to get.

I dont want to buy this PA in shops, I just want tank PA to need a short mission, a certain amount of faction sympathy and a little of your time AS WELL.

but then that means that PSI's will have to do both missions lol :lol: O_o anyway make tanks need to do missions, do that but take the tank PA out of the equasion for the psi PA.

Lexxuk
31-07-03, 19:30
My story on this. I my mate n I want the armour, she wants the lvl 2, and 1, i want the 1, cause we didnt know the stats. Fair enoug, get the packages from the guy. Get the LE's and the chitin. GR to Gravis, head south, so far so good. Talk to guy "you dont got the armour" wtf? We just bought 2 lvl 3's and a lvl 4, you know, the expensive stuff, about 550k's worth?

Ohh *says a runner* the NPC is wrong, its lvl 1 for 1, 2 for 2 etc.. Oh good, my mate comes along with 2 1's and 1 2. I talk to him (ohh, after runnin back to gravis to get some heals, thanks for the warning there). Run back, get the lvl 1 PPU, then, the lvl 2 APU. My 5 slot holy nrg bolt vanishes and comes back as a shitty one (thanks for that), and we find lvl 2 actually only needs 95 PSI, which hey, I have more than.

Nice idea, poor implimentation. You should have said "monk armour is in, you require x,y,z to get it, its stats are" not "monk armour is in, we've screwed up the NPC, you're going to waste 500 odd k, and loose a 5 slot spell"

zanzan
31-07-03, 19:40
people stop bitching, if you dont like the armor dont use it and stfu.
i love this PA, good work C, i really love the sewer king :) and some people buy off me 25 C's for 50k, rofl

MjukisDjur
31-07-03, 19:44
Cannot believe you guys whining... wtf is the matter with you?
So, its a teeny bit buggy - SO DONT GET IT THE FIRST HOUR ITS ON THE SERVER

Callash - good work man

MjukisDjur
31-07-03, 19:46
btw, who straps on something that gives you -8 con as a monk?? :)

SpAcEDoUbT
31-07-03, 19:46
:(

Feel lucky people, feel very lucky..

Just been informed that Venus has only 4 sets of armour.. thats right FOUR..

One was given in an event and others were sold to highest bidders.

Brilliant RP on the part of AD as the 3 bidders werent even in crahn sect :/

Shockwave
31-07-03, 19:48

Unbelievable, isn't it? After all the work Callash put in, people are still whining about it. :rolleyes:

No pleasing some people. :)

Shock.

Helen Angilley
31-07-03, 19:53
People had their chance for the Spy PA in the past, unfortunately said people were too vain and wanted the PA to have a total re-design in terms of asethics.

They only have themselves to blame.

Anyway, my Psi-Monk will prolly poop hereself when she finally gets it. :p

Not going to make a mad dash for it, like most people here (If you want something in the first hour it's released don't complain when everyone else is crowding the NPCs o_O).

Having said that, I'm slightly irked off that so much trouble went with justifying what you need for the PA.....yet a CityAdmin guy can just waltz up and get one.

OpTi
31-07-03, 19:55
Originally posted by SpAcEDoUbT
:(

Feel lucky people, feel very lucky..

Just been informed that Venus has only 4 sets of armour.. thats right FOUR..

One was given in an event and others were sold to highest bidders.

Brilliant RP on the part of AD as the 3 bidders werent even in crahn sect :/

yeah it SUCKS!!!!

they auctioned, yes AUCTIONED 3 sets of armour to the highest bidders, and ALL factions invited so us crahn have actualy have to wait :(

Mankind
31-07-03, 19:55
I have 65 with Twilight Guardian.
I have 20 with Crahn.

I get no text when I click on the NPCs at Tawkeen.

Why?

Callash
31-07-03, 20:01
Originally posted by Mankind
I have 65 with Twilight Guardian.
I have 20 with Crahn.

I get no text when I click on the NPCs at Tawkeen.

Why?
Because you need to relog :p

The NPC should just say "Yo." If you dont have the necessary stuff yet. No text means the script didnt load (it's one huge bugger so it can happen), which means you need to do a full relog.

zanzan
31-07-03, 20:02
i had that problem aswell, 15 relogs and then it worked 8|

edit:any chance that you will add force/pier resist to it?even with heavy deflactor i still have a BIG ASS weakness

phunqe
31-07-03, 20:13
Originally posted by zanzan
i had that problem aswell...

Lol zan, you sure made it clear for everyone else as well ;)

:D

And Callash - Good work!

Ascension
31-07-03, 20:20
Hmm, am greatly disapointed being apu i have 2 gimp myself 2 were PA 2 so al stick with 1 for show in Plaza 1

MadDog
31-07-03, 20:20
its not workign for me

i went to pp3, got the part list for PA2

went to c06, but the noc wot say a damn thing, just blank text

nice :rolleyes:

Helen Angilley
31-07-03, 20:22
Originally posted by MadDog
its not workign for me

i went to pp3, got the part list for PA2

went to c06, but the noc wot say a damn thing, just blank text

nice :rolleyes:

Did you read what Callash posted?

Do a full re-log then try again.

zanzan
31-07-03, 20:22
Originally posted by phunqe
Lol zan, you sure made it clear for everyone else as well ;)

:D

yeah ^^

"COM'ON YOU HOMO NPC TALK WITH ME FAGGOT"

MadDog
31-07-03, 20:26
ya ive relogged

plenty of times

ive been aroudn long enough to know to relog when i have a problem.

but thanks :rolleyes:

Arcadius
31-07-03, 20:49
I wish pa3 gave more apu like 16 or something.

hehehe I was gonna put in an xp controller or psi mem 3 to use the third pa, but alas it pa3 doesn't give enough apu for me to end up with a better bonus.

:p

funkeymonkey
31-07-03, 20:59
This is on saturn. And im trying to get apu PA 2.

Each time ive spoken to the npcs (thers 2 of them, one is inside the gogo :wtf: ) I have been given a black chat dialogue. It opens a chat but does not display any text. I have reloged plenty of times.

Heres what i have in my inventory:

*20 chitin
*normal delivery bag
*biotech law enforcer
*crhan multi energy bolt (also tried a multi lightning bolt)
*Heavy armor suite tangent v x-13a
*crhan holy spirit vest

What am i doing wrong? Why wasnt needing spells in the recipe mentioned?

[edit] Been told i need a holy shelter vest, but get same problem.

Eledhbrant
31-07-03, 21:32
isnt it a holy energy bolt?

funkeymonkey
31-07-03, 21:49
yep thats it thanks. its the multi energy for the pa3

Carinth
31-07-03, 23:02
Is it just me or does the ppu pa look feminine and the apu pa look masculine? Especialy with the "V" which looks like a heart on the back. I was just hanging out with two other ppu's, all of us are guys, yet in our pa we look like a bunch of girls : (

Thormael
01-08-03, 00:17
Originally posted by Carinth
was just hanging out with two other ppu's, all of us are guys, yet in our pa we look like a bunch of girls : ( LOL! :b

Arcadius
01-08-03, 00:18
OMG I LOVE PA3. I GET 383 MANA AND NEAR CAP HL. OMMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGOOGGMOMGGMOGMOMOGGMOMO

*explodes*

Lucky Sparks
01-08-03, 00:24
decent armor .. fun quest .. good job KK !!! thanks

ezza
01-08-03, 00:53
Originally posted by Carinth
Is it just me or does the ppu pa look feminine and the apu pa look masculine? Especialy with the "V" which looks like a heart on the back. I was just hanging out with two other ppu's, all of us are guys, yet in our pa we look like a bunch of girls : (

pfhh im a APU and my PA makes my ass stick outO_o whats that all about8| :p

apart from that i love the new PA(though you could do with making the armour a bit lighter for us weedy monks;) )
changed my setup a bit and now i can use the 3rd APU PA, though may switch back to second, only draw back to the PA atm if im going on a hunting session i really have to leave the PA at home cos of my transport limitation, damn that heavy cloak!!

zanzan
01-08-03, 00:55
Originally posted by Arcadius
OMG I LOVE PA3. I GET 383 MANA AND NEAR CAP HL. OMMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGOOGGMOMGGMOGMOMOGGMOMO

*explodes*
Grab DS parts from the body...:angel:

REMUS
01-08-03, 01:53
apu's can run cast holy lightening, and anti buff, ppu's hardly need any resists with the boost to their ppu spells.

I agree the monk pa needs tweaking but it doesnt need any massive changes really.

Eckel
01-08-03, 01:54
omg i can have a tradeskill!!!!! :D

Arcadius
01-08-03, 01:58
NPC is bugged. I 've tried relogging 8 times.

shalille
01-08-03, 02:22
Where do you get the 20 chitins? can you buy it or do you have to kill silly mobs or what?

tuxy
01-08-03, 02:25
Originally posted by shalille
Where do you get the 20 chitins? can you buy it or do you have to kill silly mobs or what?

you must hail to the mighty sewer king in plaza 4

shalille
01-08-03, 03:15
Bleh, shoulda just put it in the shops like tank pa.

Hmm, when comparing ....

(1 Tank) GR to mb, walk 10 yards, buy PA...

with

(2 monk) Gr to mb , walk 10 yards, buy PA, gr to nc , run to plaza4 , talk nonsense to some gimp, get 20 chitin, run to yaks, buy armor, buy or res/cst an LE , GR to gravis, run to abbey, get pked by more gimps who hack your belt hoping for a 5 slot ppu spell, respawn in appt, res/cst a second LE, insert the second LE, synch out, spend 10 minutes trying to log back in, log in, gr to gravis, run to abbey, spend whatever more amount of amount time its gonna take waiting for some bugged npc........

All I can say is...

Godwhatapieceofcrapstupidquestnonsensewasteofuslesstimesinkwhenyoucouldjusthaveputthebloodystuffinth eshops....

SuperGonser
01-08-03, 03:33
but

Ya, ive been requesting something for my Fighter Spy since December so he doesnt die every 5 f*cking mins. I 200% agree with you, KK put the f*cking Spy PA in. Hell i remember when they added Duranite in the patch notes it said AND I QUOTE "Lower level Duranium for Spies" HAHAHAHAHA ! F*CK THAT, we cant even use 1. All it was, was for lower lvl tanks to use.

Helen Angilley
01-08-03, 03:37
Originally posted by SuperGonser
Ya, ive been requesting something for my Fighter Spy since December so he doesnt die every 5 f*cking mins. I 200% agree with you, KK put the f*cking Spy PA in. Hell i remember when they added Duranite in the patch notes it said AND I QUOTE "Lower level Duranium for Spies" HAHAHAHAHA ! F*CK THAT, we cant even use 1. All it was, was for lower lvl tanks to use.

As was already said (By myself, no less :p) we had our chance at getting Spy PA much sooner than it should've been.

Unfortunately, people were too vain and demanded that KK re-design the PA's "look".

They probably put it on the back shelf until they were confident it's design wouldn't be shot down again.

SuperGonser
01-08-03, 04:18
Um, hello it looked like it was tin foil. And they do have everything done for it, check the Test Server, the suits on there and looks great.

Edit: Can someone tell me where to start the quest, what i will need, and where to finish the quest ? Thank you.

CarniFlex
01-08-03, 04:29
npc for 3rd monk pa steals the tech parts for mission and dont give you 3rd monk armour returns everything else @ saturn.

Progenitor
01-08-03, 05:38
Originally posted by shalille

I had a hundred and some odd chitins sitting in a cabiniet - they worked for me.

-p

Mingerroo
01-08-03, 10:46
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
As was already said (By myself, no less :p) we had our chance at getting Spy PA much sooner than it should've been.

Unfortunately, people were too vain and demanded that KK re-design the PA's "look".

They probably put it on the back shelf until they were confident it's design wouldn't be shot down again.

Actually it was pulled for a game reason, but I cant remember why. Then they came out with the new design later as well as having solved the problem. (Which I do believe was a case of trying to stop tanks wearing it, PEs wearing it, etc). Hmmm, but yes, people were vain and that pisses me off to an extent because I think the two types of spy PA (asassination and that other one [of which there are many level makes]) should have two separate looks. One the TT made look, and the other the almost DoY rusted metal look. o_O just my ideas here. :)

GT_Rince
01-08-03, 11:04
Just want to say another 'thanks' to Callash - it has been a long time since I have been down in the sewers to kill anything - lol...

About 70 spiders, roaches and bees later, I had 25 chitin :D

I personally love the armor. It means I can now run-cast all my spells, including Holy Anti Deflector & Shelter so I can chase PPU's who try to get away :D

Promethius
01-08-03, 11:58
well since i can wear the PA 3 for monks....ppu version it brings my ppu to 172....phear my uber capped dmg% on my group buffs.

Yalson
01-08-03, 12:58
Does anyone know

is it possible to give the "package" thing to somebody else to complete the mission?

Sleawer
01-08-03, 13:51
Originally posted by REMUS

apu's can run cast holy lightening, and anti buff, ppu's hardly need any resists with the boost to their ppu spells.

I agree the monk pa needs tweaking but it doesnt need any massive changes really.

Apu's could runcast holy lighting before the PA, the bonus is in dmg, now I can cap it and fire apoc. Runcast antibuff? o_O heh nice dream, but no, cant runcast that.

And I'm not a ppu, but as long as I played it in my old days, I can tell you they need resists, buffs are not almighty, their duration is not so great, and without resists a pure apu can bypass the shelter protection.

I agree too, the monk PA doesnt need massive changes, but a bit of ppw bonus would be very handly imo.

Mumblyfish
01-08-03, 13:58
Originally posted by Sleawer
Apu's could runcast holy lighting before the PA, the bonus is in dmg, now I can cap it and fire apoc. Runcast antibuff? o_O heh nice dream, but no, cant runcast that.

98 INT. Capped PSI. All INT in PSU. Minimum mana pool (266), a whole lot of APU. With a PSI Combat Boost 3 I can runcast every spell in my repertoire with the exception of barrels. It's a pity I just have close to zero skill when it comes to combat. Sigh.

By the way, a problem with the "constructing" NPC on Pluto. He got pushed back into the gogo, and now noone can talk to him. Even clicking on him when he's selected gets no results. Kill him?

jernau
01-08-03, 14:17

That is somewhat less than half the story Helen.

Sleawer
01-08-03, 15:48
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

98 INT. Capped PSI. All INT in PSU. Minimum mana pool (266), a whole lot of APU. With a PSI Combat Boost 3 I can runcast every spell in my repertoire with the exception of barrels. It's a pity I just have close to zero skill when it comes to combat. Sigh.

210 psu and 188 apu, with psi 3 (208 apu 222 psu) I can almost runcast rare barrels (need to stand still a second), and IN NO WAY I can runcast my complete artifact 3 slotted Holy Antibuff. Neither with PSI 3.

edit: due the same reason as barrels, I cap damage on it, but RoF also plays an important role in runcasting. With 35 RoF you cant runcast a rare barrel, therefore with 21 RoF you cant runcast anti-shield, anti-deflector, anti-heal, antibuff (rare) or holy antibuff (rare).

bd*
01-08-03, 16:27
Originally posted by Yalson
Does anyone know

is it possible to give the "package" thing to somebody else to complete the mission?

Yes ive been doing it a lot for friends on saturn who couldnt get the NPCs to talk to them (never happened to me).

By taking the package you get the respective mission. If you have 2 then its the one you got second i believe.

FBI
01-08-03, 22:23
Should call it PA-CC.

Point and click class.

:p

(i'm messing around guys, don't get all fiesty)

Nymphette79
02-08-03, 11:15
I cant find anywhere where it tells you what to collet for the PA
I want the lvl 3 but trying to get the lvl 2 was hard, i wasnt sure what i needed so had to drag my ass there and back loads but at the end it was worth it. Thank you Lexx :x

So that i dont have to run back and forth again could someone please tell me all the its i need for PPU lvl 3

Arcadius
02-08-03, 11:17
Originally posted by Nymphette79
I cant find anywhere where it tells you what to collet for the PA
I want the lvl 3 but trying to get the lvl 2 was hard, i wasnt sure what i needed so had to drag my ass there and back loads but at the end it was worth it. Thank you Lexx :x

So that i dont have to run back and forth again could someone please tell me all the its i need for PPU lvl 3

You new to talk to the NPC in front of the crahn church to get the package. Then you need tank PA3. You need spirit vest. You need Blessed heal. You need LE. You need 20 chitin. You need DOY package which you can find at the entrance to doy(K_14) an NPC there will give it to you but only if you're carrying the original package from the Crahn NPC.

Nymphette79
02-08-03, 11:33
Thank you, it was the spell i wasnt sure of, he doesnt tell you anything about that

Nymphette79
02-08-03, 12:44
I eventually get there and the NPC is gone, ive relogged to no avail :(

Yalson
02-08-03, 21:31
please fix the stupid NPC problems.

some people have the cloak already whilst others can't get it.

ericdraven
02-08-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Nymphette79
I eventually get there and the NPC is gone, ive relogged to no avail :(

The NPC on Uranus is gone since yesterday afternoon..

Helen Angilley
02-08-03, 21:48
Originally posted by Yalson
please fix the stupid NPC problems.

some people have the cloak already whilst others can't get it.

So? What's the big deal? Hardly an enormous advantage right now.

ericdraven
02-08-03, 21:56

Maybe not. But it's annoying.

And if it would be a <insert your class here> PA NPC which is not respawning then you would moan as well, face it. :p

(btw, i got my PAs, but i can imagine how frustrating it is if you do this little quest just to find out that it's not working)

Yalson
02-08-03, 22:47

The plus to PSI would let me cast some spells without drugs...

phunqe
03-08-03, 16:47
...and the NPC at tawkeen is gone on Pluto... again...

Other interactive NPCs respawn, why don't this one do so as well? The DoY NPCs at TT HQ respawn for example.

jernau
03-08-03, 17:15
Originally posted by phunqe
...and the NPC at tawkeen is gone on Pluto... again...

Other interactive NPCs respawn, why don't this one do so as well? The DoY NPCs at TT HQ respawn for example.

Both have been gone on Saturn for a day now. Even the dick-wads that killed them and were camping there to kill people looking for them have got bored and left now.

phunqe
03-08-03, 17:33
Even the dick-wads that killed them and were camping there to kill people looking for them have got bored and left now.

Lol, always a safe sign of a non-existent quest NPC.

bd*
04-08-03, 00:54

From just under 500% to Just over 600% on my apoc....

yea, thats nothing.

(to be fair i did lom a bit of ppw too but this armour is uber)

ElFunkyArab
07-03-05, 05:58
:angel: :angel: :angel:

MkVenner
07-03-05, 06:16
holy bump batman....

Tyr
07-03-05, 06:29
Please no bumping threads from so far back.

Thread closed.