PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Satellite Sound Problems

Obsidion
30-07-03, 22:47
Hi, as you could probably guess by my title, I have a Toshiba Satellite 2455-S305 laptop and I'm having a problem with the sound. For the first few minutes the sounds and music play fine, but when I cast a spell (not the first time, usually about the 4th cast) my sound goes out. And it's not just for Neocron. After my playing sessions I don't have any sound when I use other programs. It doesn't just happen when I cast either, the other day when I was lomming my monk, the sound died after about 10 mins. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if its a driver problem, or whatever sound card is in this laptop is not compatible o_O . It uses SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio.

Thanks,
~Obsidion

Farbanti
31-07-03, 10:00
Originally posted by Obsidion
Hi, as you could probably guess by my title, I have a Toshiba Satellite 2455-S305 laptop and I'm having a problem with the sound. For the first few minutes the sounds and music play fine, but when I cast a spell (not the first time, usually about the 4th cast) my sound goes out. And it's not just for Neocron. After my playing sessions I don't have any sound when I use other programs. It doesn't just happen when I cast either, the other day when I was lomming my monk, the sound died after about 10 mins. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if its a driver problem, or whatever sound card is in this laptop is not compatible o_O . It uses SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio.

Thanks,
~Obsidion

canīt say for sure, but i have some experience with toshibas sattelite series. easy spoken - it just was not made for gaming :)

the sattelite series is more for bureau issues then gaming, hence has a poor sound device... and i think only a primary as well. hence it getīs into trouble as soon as music and fx are played simoultaniously.

but this is just a guess.

try the standards, get the newest drivers for your laptop, get all windows updates and get the newest direct X... maybe it helps.

FBI
15-08-03, 16:44
Actually, your speakers are fine. There's a sound bug in neocron
right now that's making speakers Crackle, Fizzle and Pop.

It's something to do with PSI monk spells, that's the only thing
that trigers this for me. It's a bug in their mp3 decoder/soundcard
compatibility with their software.

I think it's just another one of those things we all know bout,
get sick of but put up with it in the end.