PDA

View Full Version : Jumpgate/EEA and Neocron (OT)

d3ik
30-07-03, 11:46
When I first got in this game a few months ago I knew that a lot of people from JG (Jumpgate) were playing on Pluto but I was told they all cancelled their accounts and moved on. Then I see lxholla, the mastermind behind many-a server wars on Jumpgate post his 'who's oldest' thread and a few other JG people posted...

I just was curious as to a running figure of who is left from the good old EEA (or JG in general)... please post if you are still playing, I might just have to switch to Pluto.

Sinead O'Connor
30-07-03, 12:09
<----EEA/JG.

Sinead O'Connor
30-07-03, 12:10
i think there are still about 15 EEA/JG players left in neocron. (give or take)

Dardalion
30-07-03, 12:16
Myself and Ronaz - formerly of Jumpgate Squad [Foundation] still play as does Russian, Martlet and a few others

d3ik
30-07-03, 12:33
Wow, it's great a lot of people are still on. I was surprised to see lxholla, though. I heard he went postal on his clan and then quit... it's nice to see him back in the game.

ronaz
30-07-03, 12:36
*waves

:)

Trip
30-07-03, 12:42
Trip of =Royal Guard= here! JG as well. Playing on Pluto as NDA :)

DartVader
30-07-03, 13:07
<-- JG Pilot Quorx from Squad myRotacol and NanoVirus from Squad Thunder Eagles
stopped playing JG about 2 Months ago...

Eddie
30-07-03, 13:23
Excuse me for being ignorant.. but what is Jump Gate?

Another MMO I take it?

Eddie

DartVader
30-07-03, 13:27
yes, its an Space-MMORPG
look at www.jossh.com (US) or www.mightygames.com (EU) ...

d3ik
30-07-03, 13:28
Jumpgate was kind of like privateer in space (MMO). It was the only real-time first-person space combat sim of it's kind. You flew ships around space, killed MOB's, had clan wars, etc. It worked for awhile, but it ran into the problem of having a limited software development staff and repetitive gameplay. The player base was really what kept it alive, but eventually the majority of us got burnt out on it.

It is actually kind of funny because they held something called 'Episode 2' (basically an expansion) over the players heads for a long time much like KK is holding 'DOY', but then when Episode 2 came out it was a big let down... that's when I left the game.

[Edit] - BAH!!! Vader beat me to it... ah well.

Eddie
30-07-03, 13:39
Originally posted by d3ik
[B]Jumpgate was kind of like privateer in space (MMO)

Privateer fecking rocked! I loved it to bits... despite it adoring FMV.

Anyway.. this sounds very much like EVE.

Anyone gone from JG -> EVE?

Eddie

DartVader
30-07-03, 13:45
don't compare EvE and JG...

in JG flying and fighting is SKILL (more like a simulator), in EvE its Point and klick ...

Eddie
30-07-03, 13:51
Ahh fair enough.

JG is exactly like Privateer/IWar2/Tachyon where you have to "pilot" your ship? (albiet you can use Autopilot?)

Whereas Eve is point here go here?

As a guess.. any light shed would be nice. I like spacey games :D

Eddie

DartVader
30-07-03, 13:58
downoad JG and try it out...
The Game is free and you get 10 Days free Playing/Testing ...
(US only with CC, EU without CC)

enablerbr
30-07-03, 14:01
i beta tested JG but wasn't grabed enough to go retail. infact neocron is the 1st game i've beta tested that made me want to go retail.

El_MUERkO
30-07-03, 14:22
Played JG for about 5 months way back when.

Dardalion
30-07-03, 14:30
I started playing on EU in September 2001 then switch to US in Jan 2002 played till November then hit Neocron, I went back for EP2 which was a big let down :(

So I built an 8 module Space station and filled every slot then blew the fecker up cos I was bored - approx 550 million down the pan :D - I gave my remaining cash (850 million) to a m8 then cancelled.

Wilson
30-07-03, 14:51
Many Gang moved from Jumpgate to Neocron. Plus we have had other JG players from JG join us here.

Eledhbrant
30-07-03, 14:59
I played JG too

JediLuke from QuanusTemplars

Russian
30-07-03, 15:22
The Gang former member of EEA, KHA, LLA, AA, MAVAV, and other secret societies :)

Oh, and Hi :)

Tregard
30-07-03, 16:20
I'm the only Quantar to make it here and stay that I know of. I thought about going back and looking at Episode 2 but can't be arsed just yet.:p

Ixholla
30-07-03, 16:47
I was surprised to see lxholla, though. I heard he went postal on his clan and then quit..

I went postal a couple of times.

:/

After a while D3 I just kinda gave up on the whole
squad thing in Neocron.

My style of barking orders over TS and telling them
to get their asses in gear doesn't really work well in
this game.

Also, I noticed that players tend to do well untill they
get maxxed then they sorta fade away like Tesrend
and Rix did.

If you ever need anything just let me know.

Also I never guit :P

Ixxy

Dardalion
30-07-03, 16:58
@ Tregard - Im/was a Quant after getting Sol Optimus

@Ixholla - I saw Tes in CRP about a week ago

Russian
30-07-03, 17:17
Chorlman is playing Tesrend's account IIRC.

Dardalion
30-07-03, 17:35
I stand corrected :o

Garm
30-07-03, 17:52
I used to play Jumpgate and finally canceled my main character about 2 months ago :( I played that character for over a year. Oh well, some things have to change and that game is one of em.

--Garm

X452
30-07-03, 18:29
jumpgae!!! dam its been a while since i played that.

still think my accounts got about 300 mill on it :)

n e way

nobler's moved to neocrack :D

any -=M=A=- play???

Dardalion
30-07-03, 18:33
Originally posted by Garm
I used to play Jumpgate and finally canceled my main character about 2 months ago :( I played that character for over a year. Oh well, some things have to change and that game is one of em.

--Garm

Who were you then ? Which server ?

Critter
30-07-03, 18:45
I played JG on EU server as "-Viper-"

Not played for a very long time now though :)

BlackPrince
30-07-03, 19:42
Yub yub, lots of us gangsta play.

I miss JG, but it spent way too much time in beta, thats what really killed it.

Dardalion
30-07-03, 19:46
Originally posted by Critter
I played JG on EU server as "-Viper-"

Not played for a very long time now though :)

Sounds familiar - I was Big Red (Oct) for ages then became Pi-Oh-Pah (Sol)

I left just before the big bust between Sherif and MG - summat about cloned artis

d3ik
30-07-03, 19:57
8| Wow, looks like quite a few Jumpgate players migrated over here! I was thinking two, maybe three people.. but three pages of posts? It's kind of funny, we went from one really great game (with some issues) that no one played to another really great game (with some issues) that no one plays :) Hopefully Neocron will fare better than JG in the longrun. I hope to see you guys online.

Garm
30-07-03, 20:22
Originally posted by Dardalion
Who were you then ? Which server ?

I can't say. It would give away my alternate runner on here and Mod's are not allowed to reveal that info :P

--Garm

d3ik
30-07-03, 20:28
*starts writing a PHP script to compare JOSSH user database to Neocron's and filter duplicate names... * :)

Dardalion
30-07-03, 20:29
I can't say. It would give away my alternate runner on here and Mod's are not allowed to reveal that info :P

--Garm

Did you know of me at all ? I played EU and US

Garm
30-07-03, 20:34
Oh yes. We traded shots many times, you usually giving me a nice pod ride. I played the game and tried to bring some RP to it, but never played enough to become a tough threat.

--Garm

Russian
30-07-03, 20:35
I was a carebear of JG, trying to keep that tradition in Neocron.

BlackPrince
30-07-03, 20:36
Death for a Phoenix pilot was a foregone conclusion. Its how you died that decided battles.

I have many a fond memory of us fighting against the Sols/OEC. Once all the non-Octs were dead (being alive was amazing to us), we all just sat in system, chatted for a while, then went back to our respective bases to refuel/rearm.

To me, that was the amazing thing about JG. One of the few games where Mercs were Mercs and kept to their agreements (The Gang's agreement w/EEA was that we would not engage any other Oct squadrons).

fun times.

d3ik
30-07-03, 20:42
I have fond memories as well, but none will compare to toasting Aslan when he was trying to strip EE. He just kept launching and we kept killing him... it was beautiful. Also getting the C9 flying to the station and docking was cool 'EEs Pet Kraken'. I have screenshots of all that somewhere....

BlackPrince
30-07-03, 21:06
Hehhee, Somewhere I have a screenshot of old JoJo.

Dardalion
30-07-03, 21:23
Oh yes. We traded shots many times, you usually giving me a nice pod ride. I played the game and tried to bring some RP to it, but never played enough to become a tough threat.

--Garm

I assume you are referring to my Big Red account on EU ?

That has been in many hands since I stopped playing - It could have been Ceebe or Sherif, It was used as a mule for a while too

I doubt it was me podding you as I sucked at PVP :rolleyes:

I occasionally fought Russian and died, Once I even thought it would be fun to attack his Nix in my Sol Tow 8|

Critter
30-07-03, 21:57
Sounds familiar - I was Big Red (Oct) for ages then became Pi-Oh-Pah (Sol)

I left just before the big bust between Sherif and MG - summat about cloned artis

Yes, I remember that very well. I was one of the people caught in the middle of all that LLA stuff :P

Dardalion
30-07-03, 22:15
Ahhh I think I remember you - A rock licker erm....Quant :D

Garm
30-07-03, 22:25
No. I was an Oct. Things got outta hand and I took a break. Never was the same again. I was very pro-oct. I loved the nightly beatings with the Sol's. I also loved when the quants got kinda powerful and started giving beatings.

--Garm

Berzerker
30-07-03, 22:51
I went back a few weeks ago. I'm sure I saw the lesser spotted TT way out there in the distance .

Dardalion
30-07-03, 23:03
No. I was an Oct. Things got outta hand and I took a break. Never was the same again. I was very pro-oct. I loved the nightly beatings with the Sol's. I also loved when the quants got kinda powerful and started giving beatings.

--Garm

I was referring to Critter as a Quant :D

Dardalion
30-07-03, 23:04

--Garm

You were OV then ;)

Garm
30-07-03, 23:10
No.... I was an Oct Dog :) Can't give any more hints than that.

--Garm

Budfan8
30-07-03, 23:11
I played Jump gate for quite a while. Started off my first little quant as budfan8, played him till opti and finaly realized how much the quant ships sucked ass.

So I made a 2nd acct named Gawl. Was an oct and fought the conflux with New Dawn. Did a little pvp with my third acct Guts....but mainly played Gawl workin the phocs in my nova/senator nix baby.

I miss jg, but I am havin much more fun with The Gang here in Neocron.....still I guess shooting NDA is as much fun as shooting sols :p

Oh and a lot of us from The Gang did play EVE for a while.......but we had to fun to many cruisers for Russian we ran outta cash fast :D

Dardalion
30-07-03, 23:26
No.... I was an Oct Dog :) Can't give any more hints than that.

--Garm

LOL its been nearly 18 months since I played on EU so my memory is a bit rusty :o

Garm
31-07-03, 00:42
I played on US.

Sythlie
31-07-03, 00:54
Geeze. I had forgotten about the pet kraken...

Trip
31-07-03, 01:30
bleh....oct+quant crackers. Us =RG= spanked you into place nice and well :) bet you i spanked garm a bit.
btw Decimatr was my callsign back then. Moved on to be a flux hugger with TotalNoob when RG dissolved. I love my bannana tensy. Nukes were fun.
i remember pi-oh-pah a bit in the :eng channels and ixholla...i think ix was a sol....not sure
i remember -viper- as a oct as well that we use to kill too...
OV were kool tho.

p.s. it all went downhill when gossip closed down PJG :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( whaaaa! i miss PJG

Ormy
31-07-03, 01:41
Originally posted by Dardalion
I assume you are referring to my Big Red account on EU ?

That has been in many hands since I stopped playing - It could have been Ceebe or Sherif, It was used as a mule for a while too

Yup Big Red was used as a storage tow for a few months in my squad.

I played on EU, as a wing commander of QS (Quantar's-Sword) under the name Ormy_1 for almost a year (the squad still exists, and one or two members still play). Got bored and left after the let down of EP2 and achieving opti.

Some (actually almost all) of the best memories i have of Online games are from JG. The PVP systems rocked beyond all mortal compare (HG/civ system). 1v1 duels and 20v20 battles were both awesome in different ways. The real feeling of nervousness and fear as 20 nixes and 3 scouts come out of the gate, and head towards you measly 12 phoons, 3 bombers, and 2 rangers. And then the true feeling of victory, happiness, and acomplishment after you wipe the floor with them, suffering only 7 losses :)

Centuri
31-07-03, 02:20
Hmm jumpgate was a good game,

Played US beta 4(I think):

Centuri - JGA (JumpGate Alliance) Squad Leader

Beta v1.0

Centuri - JGA Command Squad Leader (First clan formed after the wipe)

After a while closed JGA down and formed another squad called CLASSIFIED with a couple of my old JGA mates. Then Left that after awhile and joined DEATH who owned :) until beta finished.

Player EU retail: (First player in retail to get into a Heavy Fighter :) )

_Centuri_ - USV (US Veterans) co-leader with Giomani, SRM_Bear

Then moved onto... OV, (Octavian Vanguard) for a while, then went to The Dark Path when Raiderr came back into game.

I think that covers my history with Jumpgate, I am sure I have meet some of you in the past. If you was in any of those clans and remember me let me know

Ixholla
31-07-03, 07:25
Also getting the C9 flying to the station and docking was cool 'EEAs Pet Kraken'. I have screenshots of all that somewhere....

That was my pet Kracken....."Pohatu" was his name.

He protected Evening's End.

For those that never knew it was an old GM that still
had an account on JG after Themis took over lol.

:)

Ixxy

Sythlie
31-07-03, 07:38
Yeah. GM_Mother. :P

Dardalion
31-07-03, 07:44
I played on US.

Well now I am awake and semi conscious :D - you are one of the few Octs I fought - shame I cant remember any names ;)

bubby
31-07-03, 07:56
NIX NEEDS A BIGGER HIT BOX :)

Incursus
31-07-03, 07:57
WTF Ixxeh Im still around... sorta. Eve still owns me though, awesome game, assuming you have the patience for it and the smarts to fly properly.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

bubby
31-07-03, 07:57
LOL

I had you murdered :)

Ixholla
01-08-03, 03:37
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

:/

lol

Ixholla
05-08-03, 05:50
I have only one word to say to this....

HARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

http://www.flyinglab.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15286#post15286

Judge
05-08-03, 13:46
I'm downloading the game atm, anyone got any tips for a newb for 10 days. :D

X452
05-08-03, 14:35
pick sol......

fly from sol core to sol depot and back on transport missions..... ull be bored sh**less bit its not bad noob xp and by the time u get to lvl 9 u shud have enuf cash from killin noob flux to buy the light fighter :)

tahts if it hasnt changed since i was last on

happy flying

Judge
05-08-03, 14:38
argh.... I have no Idea what I'm doing. I can't even dock properly. I keep on blowing up. lol, I think its gonna be a long 10 days :p

DiFedgey
07-08-03, 21:41
DicE_BAR (Quant) / DiFedgey (Oct), both US :)

Ixholla
07-08-03, 22:14
Hey Dice....

Wher the hell is Tes?

Sythlie
07-08-03, 22:22
Yo, Dice.

Dardalion
07-08-03, 23:16
Originally posted by DiFedgey
DicE_BAR (Quant) / DiFedgey (Oct), both US :)

Hiya Dice ;)

bubby
07-08-03, 23:39
What up CHEESE DANISH :)

Martlet
17-02-14, 20:33
Any left?

Doc Holliday
18-02-14, 05:06
nice bump on an 11 year old thread.

Bifrost
18-02-14, 11:48