PDA

View Full Version : Should MC5 be changed back to the way it was?

Arcadius
30-07-03, 10:59
This poll is for people who actually went to mc5, not for people who know they will never get a chip or will never actually try to get one(because those are always the ones that say "OMG IT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE").

The way it was before was fine IMO. I don't see what the problem was. It was already super hard to get parts because of the horrible drop rate and the fact that every clan camped the damn place.

Now they made it literally impossible except for uber duper uber tank/ppu team. And even then the tank dies a million times to kill the base once.

When I went there it was difficult, but possible. But after the glass was removed(god knows why)i just couldn't do it. There IS NO COVER WHATSOEVER! My apu would die everytime he hit the base commander, because the RAIN of plasma/poison/copbot/x-ray/neutron/holy god lightning from the guards would destroy me in 2-3 seconds.

KidWithStick
30-07-03, 11:01
YES PLEASE

KidWithStick
30-07-03, 11:04
holy god lightning from the guards would destroy me in 2-3 seconds.

lol...

even when car buffed me i couldnt take more than a few bursts head on...maybe 3-4...sometimes only 2 though...

i went in there real quick to see what it was like...then died and sid..oh well i guess i dont need a MC5 chip:(

Dardalion
30-07-03, 11:05
Never been there - but why bring out the chips then make nigh on impossible to get the parts for ?

KidWithStick
30-07-03, 11:12
who voted no? i want to pwn u now.

athon
30-07-03, 11:13
It's impossible now. I say, put the glass (or a barrier - doesnt have to be see-through - and make it go all the way to the ceiling to stop ppl firing over the top) back in.

All that's happened now is a new elite has been created among those who already have a complete MC5 chip because if the current situation remains, no one else is ever going to get one.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to kill people with MC5 chips btw, but you can't say that having one doesn't help in PvP (erm - well - except the trader chip of course :eek: ).

Athon Solo

Arcadius
30-07-03, 11:15
Who voted no? Can you please give a reason?

Anyhoo, It was already super supremely difficult for a spy or pistol PE to get an mc5 chip.

You can't make it a certian way for like 2 months, then after a whole bunch of people got their chips, change it to a near-impossible setup. THat's simply unfair.

KidWithStick
30-07-03, 11:17
if you people vote no

PLEASE TELL ME WHY

GT_Rince
30-07-03, 11:25
I voted no - simply because there were too many of the big clans just hitting this place time after time and hoarding these parts - plus, it was too easy for peeps to 'exploit' by hiding behind the glass.

Now, it is hard as hell, but still not impossible. These CPU's are considered 'uber' rare and should be as hard as hell to get.

No, before anyone says "Yeah, but you got your DS !!!" I have no parts at all. After a few more lvl's, I shall go there with a couple of PPU's and hunt for parts. Yes, it will be hard, and no doubt I will die plenty - but who ever said it should be easy?

bd*
30-07-03, 11:27
I voted yes but i think they should change it. When the glass was there Tanks were jumping up on it and getting into places where they couldnt be hit.

I think they should just come up with a new room altogther. Which is what they might be doing, and theyve taken away the glass so in the mean time no else can get parts :p

Arcadius
30-07-03, 11:28
Originally posted by GT_Rince

No, before anyone says "Yeah, but you got your DS !!!" I have no parts at all. After a few more lvl's, I shall go there with a couple of PPU's and hunt for parts. Yes, it will be hard, and no doubt I will die plenty - but who ever said it should be easy?

What's your class and have you actually been there since the patch?

EDIT:I see your an apu. Well I seriously doubt you have been to the "new" mc5.

athon
30-07-03, 11:32
Originally posted by Arcadius
Who voted no? Can you please give a reason?

Anyhoo, It was already super supremely difficult for a spy or pistol PE to get an mc5 chip.

You can't make it a certian way for like 2 months, then after a whole bunch of people got their chips, change it to a near-impossible setup. THat's simply unfair.

Not forgetting that they've now killed hybrids, which was one of the major groups doing MC5 (hell, I created a hybrid for the pure purpose of getting MC5 parts for my clan).

I say put the glass back in, make it go all the way to the ceiling and give it a chance.

Athon Solo

GT_Rince
30-07-03, 11:36
Nope - I haven't been there since the patch.

I still think that anything that drops something that is 'probably' the most sought after part on the server, shouldn't be anything other than "Hard as Hell" !

Stigmata
30-07-03, 11:37
I'm not all that bothered coz my monk has a DS already, my tank could do with a herc but its not really necessary to participate in pvp.

But i think it is pretty un-fair that it has changed for everyone else who had not been there yet or finsihed getting their parts.

Andy

Arcadius
30-07-03, 11:39
Nope - I haven't been there since the patch.

Surprise surprise.

Originally posted by stigmata

But i think it is pretty un-fair that it has changed for everyone else who had not been there yet or finsihed getting their parts.

Andy

EXACTLY!

RayBob
30-07-03, 12:09
I voted NO. MC5 is still doable but it is no longer a place that APUs can stack barrels and kill a commander in just minutes. It is very very hard now. You will die A LOT! It will take you 20-30 minutes for one damn kill!

However, I do think that the DROP RATE needs to be improved. I have spent 4 hours in there, killed the commander 10 times and come home with 2 parts. Right now you are lucky if you get one part every 3 kills. That is just ridiculous.

I also think the chips should be indestructible, like the epic chips. I don't want to spend my life in MC5 getting a chip that loses 8-12% durability from one drop and then have to go back to get another one! I think we should go there, work our asses off to get our chip and then be done with that damn place.

Ray

hinch
30-07-03, 12:10
change open topped glass to closed steel plate from top to bottom so none of you cheaky little apu monks can jump and beam over the top of it or barrel through it

jobs a fish and game on etc blah

xkorpio
30-07-03, 12:11
And the dead animal resting option? :D

QuantumDelta
30-07-03, 13:30
Originally posted by RayBob
I voted NO. MC5 is still doable but it is no longer a place that APUs can stack barrels and kill a commander in just minutes. It is very very hard now. You will die A LOT! It will take you 20-30 minutes for one damn kill!

However, I do think that the DROP RATE needs to be improved. I have spent 4 hours in there, killed the commander 10 times and come home with 2 parts. Right now you are lucky if you get one part every 3 kills. That is just ridiculous.

I also think the chips should be indestructible, like the epic chips. I don't want to spend my life in MC5 getting a chip that loses 8-12% durability from one drop and then have to go back to get another one! I think we should go there, work our asses off to get our chip and then be done with that damn place.

Ray

how's it doable?
*Take PPU buffs*
*Zone*
*Fire one shot*
*Die OR zone out in time to live*
Yeah o-fucking-kay o_O

livide
30-07-03, 13:43
i voted NO coz i think its ok the way it is now...

takes u some more time but now the imps got rare again ^.^ (imo how it ment to be)

and im glad that there is no possiblity anymore for our 1337 tanks to fire through the glas-wall or whatever ....

LTA
30-07-03, 13:48
I voted yes

All we have now is a set of people who have a advantage over others simply because they got time to make it in mc5 before a patch... now everyone else is given the finger, left behind and dosent have much chance of catching those who already have it.

enablerbr
30-07-03, 13:50
LTA it a bit like saying all us beta testers should never have been allowed to play in retail.:rolleyes:

Ste-X
30-07-03, 13:51
its possable to do a run in 10-15 min tops, its alot harder now but once you know how do it its still damn easy but they should have 1 kill = 1 tech drop at least, such a fucking joke

GT_Rince
30-07-03, 13:54
Surprise surprise.

Which bit of the rest of my post DIDN'T you read? :rolleyes:

You asked why we say no then don't even have the good grace to bow down when someone has an opinion that is different to yours.

Man - fuckin annoys me when peeps post a topic then flame and argue with anyone that disagrees with them. How childish. :mad:

SigmaDraconis
30-07-03, 13:58
It is doable..u die alot..ALOT..but they usually dont shoot at the PPUs till everyoen is dead for a few secs...so they can continue to rez..gets..very..very..annoying though..

The onyl thing i think is unfair is the fact of hwo easily people got them before..and now those who dont have them are kinda fucked unless they belong to one of the 2-3 best clans on their given server.

RayBob
30-07-03, 14:00
Originally posted by Ste-X
...should have 1 kill = 1 tech drop at least, such a fucking joke

AMEN

The drop rate sucks, 1 part per kill would be fair.

Ray

deac
30-07-03, 14:01
im just soo freaking happy i have my ds now :P

and good luck rince, your going to need it .

LTA
30-07-03, 14:02
Originally posted by enablerbr
LTA it a bit like saying all us beta testers should never have been allowed to play in retail.:rolleyes:

it is?

More like, kk make changes that chnage something from quick/easy to a huge timesink so whenever new people come there's always the ones who so far ahead it will take the noobs agggeees to catch up, Rares, Loot Drops, mc5 etc.
not saying you dont get em ingame but they do it so it really does make a huge timesinked difference

GT_Rince
30-07-03, 14:05
Originally posted by deac
im just soo freaking happy i have my ds now :P

and good luck rince, your going to need it .

I never said it wasn't going to be hard - I don't mind that. I know it isn't impossibe - far from it...

Why do people always moan when shit isn't handed to them without having to put any effort in.

If it takes an hour to kill the base commander, and you have to get ressed 30 times in the process.. So What ! ?

:rolleyes:

greendonkeyuk
30-07-03, 14:10
Originally posted by Ste-X
its possable to do a run in 10-15 min tops, its alot harder now but once you know how do it its still damn easy but they should have 1 kill = 1 tech drop at least, such a fucking joke

theyre talking about mc5 mate not the chaos caves. :p

Ive been there about a dozen times, i have 3 mc5 parts in my collection. It was hard enough to do as it was before, not impossible but tough. I liked the drop rate as was, because it was possible but tough. Now, you walk in there, shoot, he shoots back and we die. simple. You need 5 ppus and 4-5 tanks at least to clear it. Theres what... 6 or 7 guys in there. Ok the melee gy and the dude with the uzi arent to much to worry about but the other dudes with the copbot plasma pwn!

Theres 2 ways of improving it in my opinion, either A: put the wall back in (one at least - with NO gap in it)
B: or make it so theres only 2 or 3 guys inc the base commander.
At least then a team of 4 or 5 could do it.

Other than that, i think they should make another mc5 somewhere else, or another area similar to it with the same rewards (uber chips/armour perhaps) somewhere else.... Regants legacy perhaps?
I mean what is regants legacy..... the name implies to me that its some sort of catacomb or burial chamber or something where hes (regant) buried, did they perhaps put some ceres disks in there with him..... maybe one of these discs tells you how to make RAILGUNS!
now that would be awesome.
Ok back on topic.

MC5 SUCKS ATM IMO. Above are my reasons why.

ericdraven
30-07-03, 14:17
Originally posted by livide

takes u some more time but now the imps got rare again ^.^ (imo how it ment to be)

and im glad that there is no possiblity anymore for our 1337 tanks to fire through the glas-wall or whatever ....

Yup, i was there with livide. We killed the commander twice and i think it took us half an hour? I didn't count how often i died, tho.. 20 times? :lol:
Not to mention that we got no parts...

I voted "no" tho, it SHOULD be hard. And it is NOT impossible. The only thing which bothers me is that there are already A LOT MC5 chips around and of course those people have an advantage now, but.. it's a game, stop whining.

And to the comment "you can't barrel the commander anymore" - for me it was EASIER to barrel as before - because there is no glass. :D

Doc Holliday
30-07-03, 14:28
Fact is here imo that only monks could really farm mc5 respectivly. tanks hmm ok we know about the jump and shoot etc or aoe at the glass to damage the commander but what about pes and spies. can u do it with them????? obviously not. that to me is a little unfair on players forgettin the glass issue for a second. I have done mc5. got fuck all except a lot of con xp and some new mates who picked me up of the floor....

DonnyJepp
30-07-03, 14:48
Someone's about to score an SA chip on Ebay, anyone care to bet on the final selling price? I expect it to go for near $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3037573196&category=4596

PS this is not my auction or anything, just pointing it out to back up Arc's point.

kira wolf
30-07-03, 16:25
I voted yes.

If they were upset about the "glass jumping" then they should have extended it to the ceiling. But, from what I understand, removing code from games is eaiser than adding it, soooo.. KK lazy? I dunno.

Anyone who voted no; I still dont understand. Boo-hoo.. it was always too crowded... only uber clans got the chips... boo-hoo. A good friend of mine on Uranus has a good saying "The big dog eats first." Wait your turn, most of the people who voted no probably still think this is a solo game, huh? MC5 was not made for the little antisocial players.

Personally, I HATE MC5. It was a chore going there and farming parts. So, I'm kind of happy with this latest change... now I don't have to go there for a while :) At the same time I have a pile of MC5 parts that are 1 or 2 away from completed chips, now the things are stuffed so far up everyone's asses.. its impossible to trade for the parts you need. So, actually Im 50 / 50 on the whole situation.

I mean what is regants legacy..... the name implies to me that its some sort of catacomb or burial chamber or something where hes (regant) buried, did they perhaps put some ceres disks in there with him..... maybe one of these discs tells you how to make RAILGUNS!
now that would be awesome.

check out my sig ;)

hinch
30-07-03, 17:05
kira please be online in about 2 hours i need you to make me a fuck load of new guns please :)

its upgrade time again

-FN-
30-07-03, 17:53
Yes, but add two more similar buildings, just like there are more than one Outdoor Caves, Swamp Caves, etc.

I heard rumors that GMs were going to set this up, but nothing has come of it.

Put two more buildings w/commanders in MC5 and the viablility of getting parts will come back.

Right now it seems KK let the high level players get... higher level, and now anyone who worked up to the point where they could even *try* MC5 is shafted with an electric cactus.

GT_Rince
30-07-03, 17:54
Originally posted by kira wolf

Wait your turn, most of the people who voted no probably still think this is a solo game, huh? MC5 was not made for the little antisocial players.

Don't think you will find that is the case - I personally have always been in a clan but believe that nothing should be easy to get if it is an uber rare - which these are.

IMO, the ones that voted yes are probably the ones that don't like to put the time and effort into actually going after something and expect it to be dropped into their lap... and bitch and moan when it doesn't...

ericdraven
30-07-03, 18:25
IMO, the ones that voted yes are probably the ones that don't like to put the time and effort into actually going after something and expect it to be dropped into their lap... and bitch and moan when it doesn't...

Oh yes, 10000% agree.

Maybe we should make a poll if the MC5-chips should be shop buyable? :lol:

GT_Rince
30-07-03, 18:29
Originally posted by ericdraven
Oh yes, 10000% agree.

Maybe we should make a poll if the MC5-chips should be shop buyable? :lol:

:lol:

Spoon
30-07-03, 18:37
Yer, bring back the glass....
Or add the mobs to other locations.

and no I haven't been back there since the patch, I had a hard enough time staying alive in there with the glass.....:o

Arcadius
30-07-03, 19:23
Which bit of the rest of my post DIDN'T you read? :rolleyes:

I read your entire post, I was just stating i wasn't surprised that you haven't been there since patch.

You asked why we say no then don't even have the good grace to bow down when someone has an opinion that is different to yours.

Do you want me to kiss you and hug you? What's your problem?

Man - fuckin annoys me when peeps post a topic then flame and argue with anyone that disagrees with them. How childish. :mad:

This has to be the stupidest post in the whole thread. "surprise surprise" is a flame to you? Please go seek some therapy.

Originally posted by RayBob

roflmao

How selfish.

Why do people always moan when shit isn't handed to them without having to put any effort in.

It still took alot of effort before. Why are you so goddamn narrow-minded and see everything in black and white?

If people want the glass back in, that suddenly means that they want everything handed to them?

Originally posted by greendonkeyuk

Theres 2 ways of improving it in my opinion, either A: put the wall back in (one at least - with NO gap in it)
B: or make it so theres only 2 or 3 guys inc the base commander.
At least then a team of 4 or 5 could do it.

good ideas.

Originally posted by kira wolf
I voted yes.

If they were upset about the "glass jumping" then they should have extended it to the ceiling. But, from what I understand, removing code from games is eaiser than adding it, soooo.. KK lazy? I dunno.

Anyone who voted no; I still dont understand. Boo-hoo.. it was always too crowded... only uber clans got the chips... boo-hoo.

roflmao exactly

Originally posted by -FN-
Yanyone who worked up to the point where they could even *try* MC5 is shafted with an electric cactus.

roflmao

yea I spent weeks getting my DS. And it took alot of time and effort.

I guess their goes your generalization right out the window. :rolleyes:

Anyways final thoughts, the only people who vote no, most of them are probably voting no for a selfish reason. To have the place all to themself, because now they know very vew people will go there. There's no harm in putting the glass back, it's still gonna be a tough effort.

Oh and "omg i voted no because peeople SPLOITED". :rolleyes: THen make the glass hit the ceiling or just make it a wall entirely ffs.

alig
30-07-03, 19:35
Before u keep bitching about them being 'too hard to get' tell me, Do u need a mc5 chip to be a good pvp'er? eh? no do u fuck, mc5 chips are just a plain and simple 'luxury' they dont make u 'higher than the rest' or 'an absolute beast' the only reason ppl wanted them was for the plain fact they DID make a hybrid monk 'well above the rest' and well.....we all know where hybrid monks are now, dont we!! :p

Pfehh
30-07-03, 19:39
Reading over these pages, it's so easy to tell the difference between the people who have actually been there, and those who are talking out their ass.

GT_Rince
30-07-03, 19:51
Arc - you have proven (once again) that you don't like people disagreeing with you. I haven't been there since the patch because I have been lvling my character - no "Surprise Surprise" about it. That is YOU being narrow minded as you seem to think that I haven't been there because the glass has been removed.

And if you want stupid posts, look at your own - nothing more than a whine because it is gonna mean you have to put some work into getting something - you have proven my point... thank you :)

And no, I would rather you didn't kiss and hug me if it's all the same... But try to accept that sometimes people don't agree with what you say - It is called a difference of opinion...

Yes, it was hard before - now it is really hard. So ? And I will say again, I don't have any parts at all yet - I personally am looking forward to a challenge that I know is gonna be hard as hell. It will give me something else to do.

But thank you for proving my points with your well thought out comments - lol :lol:

Ryu
30-07-03, 19:57
Ummm .. no time and effort?? I spent 3-4 weeks of real time (the hours I wasn't at work) trying to get my mc5 chip. When they removed that glass .. I still didnt have the last two parts I needed for my DS. And what part of that was having it handed to me??

The way it is now .. all the other people who want one will never get one .. I mean comeone .. who wants to spend 3 months of real life time trying to get a mc5 chip .. I'm come on .. there's rare .. and then there's .... time to play another freaking mmorpg cause the time sink into getting 1 rare is retarded. Those kind of tactics are stupid and end up being reserved for mega clans.

If anyone played AO ever .. what clan had the most Azures decked out characters .. Storm .. cause they were the biggest strongest clan. Same applies here ..

Arcadius
30-07-03, 19:58
Arc - you have proven (once again) that you don't like people disagreeing with you. I haven't been there since the patch because I have been lvling my character - no "Surprise Surprise" about it. That is YOU being narrow minded as you seem to think that I haven't been there because the glass has been removed.

eh? Tons of people disagree with me. "surprise surprise" is another way of saying that it's easy for you to not complain when you haven't even been there yet. Where the hell did I say that you haven't been there because the glass has been removed? WHERE DID I SAY THAT?

Jesus christ.

And if you want stupid posts, look at your own - nothing more than a whine because it is gonna mean you have to put some work into getting something - you have proven my point... thank you :)

Um how did I prove your point? I swear to god you have the intelligence of a gnat. I already said I got my ds and it took a few weeks and hard work. And I did put alot of work into it.

And no, I would rather you didn't kiss and hug me if it's all the same... But try to accept that sometimes people don't agree with what you say - It is called a difference of opinion...

Actually you do want kisses and hugs. Accepting that someone has a difference of a opinion doesn't mean saying nothing, not aruging your arguement back, or kissing them and hugging them.

Your the one getting all bent out of shape because I said 2 words that werent' even flames.

Yes, it was hard before - now it is really hard. So ? And I will say again, I don't have any parts at all yet - I personally am looking forward to a challenge that I know is gonna be hard as hell. It will give me something else to do.

That's GOOD FOR YOU!

But thank you for proving my points with your well thought out comments - lol :lol:

Thanks, it's funny how you made alot of assumptions about me and I haven't done the same, yet you make fun of my comments. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ryu
Ummm .. no time and effort?? I spent 3-4 weeks of real time (the hours I wasn't at work) trying to get my mc5 chip. When they removed that glass ...

Exactly. That's why Rince is talking out of his ass.

Everyone who got their chips(err and went to mc5, not just got it free from clan) worked hard for it.

ericdraven
30-07-03, 20:01
Originally posted by Ryu
Ummm .. no time and effort?? I spent 3-4 weeks of real time (the hours I wasn't at work) trying to get my mc5 chip. When they removed that glass .. I still didnt have the last two parts I needed for my DS. And what part of that was having it handed to me??

The way it is now .. all the other people who want one will never get one .. I mean comeone .. who wants to spend 3 months of real life time trying to get a mc5 chip .. I'm come on .. there's rare .. and then there's .... time to play another freaking mmorpg cause the time sink into getting 1 rare is retarded. Those kind of tactics are stupid and end up being reserved for mega clans.

If anyone played AO ever .. what clan had the most Azures decked out characters .. Storm .. cause they were the biggest strongest clan. Same applies here ..

heh.. isn't it EVERYWHERE like this.. even in REAL LIFE (oh yes, this exists as well :p ).. the strongest become stronger, the weakest become weaker.. well.. bad luck.. "that's life".. it's even the same in "virtual life"..
Well, what can you do? simple solution - join the strongest..
Difficult solution - try to BECOME the strongest.

Arcadius
30-07-03, 20:04
heh.. isn't it EVERYWHERE like this.. even in REAL LIFE (oh yes, this exists as well :p ).. the strongest become stronger, the weakest become weaker.. well.. bad luck.. "that's life".. it's even the same in "virtual life"..

virtual life!=real life

ffs

Remember the primary purposes of games is entertainment and fun. You want real life? Don't GR after you die, delete your char and start over. OGMMGOMOGMO SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST LOLOLOLO

:lol:

:p

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Ahhhh much better.

ericdraven
30-07-03, 20:14
Remember the primary purposes of games is entertainment and fun. You want real life? Don't GR after you die, delete your char and start over. OGMMGOMOGMO SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST LOLOLOLO

No, i don't want real life. This game IS for entertainment and fun.

BUT - you can't "switch off" the human nature and behaviour in a game - can you? And THEREFORE some aspects of a game come VERY CLOSE to the REAL WORLD. If you want it or not.
If computers would play neocron (AI), computers without sense of feelings, greed, jealousy and and and.. THEN it would look different probably. But we all are human beings.. and drag the reality into the game.

Arcadius
30-07-03, 20:24
No, i don't want real life. This game IS for entertainment and fun.

BUT - you can't "switch off" the human nature and behaviour in a game - can you? And THEREFORE some aspects of a game come VERY CLOSE to the REAL WORLD. If you want it or not.
If computers would play neocron (AI), computers without sense of feelings, greed, jealousy and and and.. THEN it would look different probably. But we all are human beings.. and drag the reality into the game.

You're absolutely right, however that has nothing to do with mc5 having glass. :p

ericdraven
30-07-03, 20:25
You're absolutely right, however that has nothing to do with mc5 having glass. :p

Yeah.. it was just a little "excursus".. :p

Nullifidian
30-07-03, 21:08
I say delete the chips. They cause camping. This is not fucking Everquest.

=Chojin=
30-07-03, 21:25
just my little view

i got a ds and a herc took fuking ages it was hard enough with the glass and without its just insane...sure make it hard but u realy want it that hard?

Cho

Budfan8
30-07-03, 21:57
Sorry Rince, your my clannie and I luff ya, but I dissagree with ya on this one.

I voted yes, to put it back......if there is an issue with people sittin on top of the glass (wish i'd have thought of that :p ) then ffs fix it. Don't just pull the glass out, that ghey.

We used to go in there with 2 tanks, 1 apu, 1 ppu, and 1 spy, and we got our asses kicked. The only viable way was to hide behind the glass, and use aoe to hit them. Once he's down, run over loot (get nothing) and then off to the backroom to heal and buff up.

It would take us with 1 fully capped tank and the other (me) not to far off about 15-20 minutes per run. Sometimes the rewards were great (3 parts 3 commander) but the majority of the time the ration ended up being something like 1 in 6-7 commanders would drop a part. You wana leave the spawn rate like that, cool.....but put the fucking glass back. Otherwise make it a 1 commander 1 drop deal.

I have yet to go in myself, but the others I used to go with have gone in and they said its damn near impossible.

SpAcEDoUbT
04-08-03, 23:38
Well, I have been in since the patch and to say its impossible isnt true.

We had NO capped characters ( nearest was ppu had capped psi).

team was.. 2 x apu ( /55 around)
2 x ppu ( both near same level)
1 tank ( dont know level, NOWHERE near cap)

Im not posting this to say im soo good.

In fact the opposite, im not that hot..

its just if we can do it???

Is it REALLY that hard???

PS.
Granted the PPUs were unbelievably great but it can be done and without the glass.

edit..
sorry ... old thread.. delete mods if u so desire:P

QuantumDelta
04-08-03, 23:49
Me'n'Arc have argued more than anyone on this forum except maybe Kobra and you know who....

We get on fine o_O

Monthar
05-08-03, 07:41
I voted it's fine the way it is simply because as a droner I never had a chance the way it was either so it only makes it fair that it's now just as hard for the rest of you as it was on droners.

KidWithStick
05-08-03, 09:13
Originally posted by livide

yup, 30 mill for a DS? k.

KidWithStick
05-08-03, 09:26
I just read up on most of the other post's...

arc you better be carefull, dont blow your top like i did.

yes games were made to be fun, they were not made to annoy and piss you off. as for the most part...

to be honost most people give up after trying for so long...yea say waht you want...but i can gaurantee eevryone in this game will eventually give up on doing somthing...because its pointless...

this game is suppose to be fun and enjoyable, not boring and anoying.

at its current state...i gotta admit this game is starting to get me to say "wtf am i even doing"

i cant go lvl at CRP, and dont say omg you lazy bum...run there. because like i said its pointless...no one else will hardly be there.

i log on my tank, say "hi all" in clan chat...see whos on, run to pepperpark and see if anyone is there that i can kill.(most of the time there isnt)

i check the GR to CRP...its locked 90% of the time...i log off.

log on saturn, because my monk is like KOS to everyone...and theres almost always people in PP to kill...but that can only entertain me for so long...

so anyways...MC5 was actually fun to do...it was challanging...and we didnt always make it out alive...

to me all they had to do was either put an invisible barrier on top of the glass to stop exploiting monks, and a couple other changes...instead i think that they took the easy way by just removing it...

rant

rant

rant

phunqe
05-08-03, 09:43
I can to some extent agree that MC5 is better now, since it's much harder than before.
When the glass was in, I might have died a total of 2 times (I'm ppu) out of all the countless times me and a clan tank were in there.
Not to talk about the loot, it was great when we were only 2 :)

The problem now is that there is no GR in the vicinity. Soliko and nemesis is often held by TG on Pluto (I'm CA), and if you die you have to run/drive or whatever to get back. Since MC5 is so hard now, wouldn't it be nice to have the GR put there? :)

I have been to MC5 two times since the patch and stayed basically until I died. I didn't come back, due to the GR fact.
Also, since I have a DS in you are so damn paranoid to drop it out of your head (mainly because finding a TL115 poker is a bugger and the fact that it looses insane amount of condition everytime it pops out). I know, I am being over protective of my DS, but I can't help it, and I know it's wrong.

We managed to kill the commander a couple of times though. It is NOT impossible. I was there with one APU with capped holy lightning, and with dmg boosts on the commander it went very fast. The hard part is basically avoiding all the other's fire :p
Sure, the APU died a lot but with a 5 slot :p holy rez it was doable. Also, keeping a heal on me constantly (even at full health) saved me each and every time (well, apart form the last times when I died then).
Even if you are on fire from a couple of the guards, you'll make it to the back room to get rid of the aggro. I have a capped holy heal, shelter, deflector and I guess that makes a difference, but as I said, with a bit of technique and work it's doable :)

hinch
05-08-03, 11:16
@mince me and arc disagree all the time he for some fucked up reason thinks pure monks are actually some use o_O and even better he thinks pure apu`s own 8| all i can say is RESSURECT TEH HYBRID