PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Skins/Mod

Devils Thrill
30-07-03, 00:06
In addition to "Nc Image Viewer", i have created a program called "Nc VFS Browser"

"Nc Virtual File System browser" lets you brows the virtual directorys created by neocron, "the files and folders you cant see on your hard drive", my program allows you to view and extract the Images stored in the VFS of gfx.pak

Extract the skins for CopBots, Mutants, Monks, MiniMaps, Weapons, Spells, Faction Logos and lots of other stuff.
See Examples on the website.

For those of you who havent seen my first program, visit the websits to read bout it

http://www.geocities.com/devils_thrill_mirror/
http://www.geocities.com/d_evils_thrill/

Pitspawn
30-07-03, 00:17
OMG ownage :) Will report back when ive played about with this a little more.

Judge
30-07-03, 00:21
LOL man those examples were hilarious. I can see alot of people making ones like that. :p

Q`alooaith
30-07-03, 00:26
I'm not sure I like it..

If you can change a copbots skin, you could also change the stealth effect to make it far from stealthy...

MortuusLupus
30-07-03, 00:30
People did a lot of that in Tribes, but they took it a step further, too, changing models and stuff. The flag carrier would have an 80 foot high flag showing his position. I think in a patch they implemented model checks to stop that.

Devils Thrill
30-07-03, 00:46
i have taken a few steps to prevent that, one is you can only extract bitmaps/skins.

so the bigst cheat you can do is make everyones head neon pink so you can see them from far, or edit the sky so its always day and you can see ppl in the horizon.

no stealth cheat :p

ch0ppy
30-07-03, 20:44
nice update :)

culture
30-07-03, 20:54
Oooh my fucking god there's some cool content hidden in nc's files :)

Helen Angilley
30-07-03, 20:57
Wow, does this mean I can customise Neocron further than just the RPOS?

Arcadius
30-07-03, 20:59
Are you saying it's possible to change my own skin?

I'm guessing it would appear the same to other people but different to me right?

Devils Thrill
30-07-03, 22:40
hidden content ?, i think its just stuff you hvent notist or stuff thats no longer used in the game. 8|

and yes, not just the rpos, you can change the skinn for almost everything :D

and changes only have a client-side effect, so no one is going to see your new pants or hairstyle or whatever 8|

Devils Thrill
30-07-03, 23:03
O, wait a min, there is a funny looking red copbot, and green copbot armor skinn ?
ive never seen that in the game :confused:

Kazuko
30-07-03, 23:32
Originally posted by Devils Thrill
i have taken a few steps to prevent that, one is you can only extract bitmaps/skins.

so the bigst cheat you can do is make everyones head neon pink so you can see them from far, or edit the sky so its always day and you can see ppl in the horizon.

no stealth cheat :p

You wouldn't be able to cheat anyway since everything important is server side. You could make it look like you're invisible but only you would see it as I'm sure you know. On the bright side you can give your RPOS (not colors, actual design) an entire makeover now.

Btw, do you ever check your email? :p

G.0.D.
31-07-03, 00:12
congrats, works good
GJ

again ill beg for a model decodder :(

enablerbr
31-07-03, 00:15
Devils Thrill any chance you could crack the sounds file for neocron. i did hear it's the only 1 not passworded.

G.0.D.
31-07-03, 00:21
btw u dont mind me using aspects of ur program in my upcomming one? i gave u credit...

Devils Thrill
31-07-03, 01:36
You can do whatever you want with my programs, its yours, the only reason i havent given out 100% of the source code is because of what happend to my very first post in this forum, it got deleted in less than 5 mins, if it wasnt for that i would'nt have sensored my programs to prevent you from doing stuff.

I guess there isnt any reason to prevent you from extracting sounds :confused: , next version will extract wav files.

models, im still haveing trouble with it, neocron uses the g3d graphics engin http://www.genesis3d.com/ , but its a Modifide version of or the g3d engin so thats whats causeing the problem :mad:

read this from the g3d fourm to find out a bit more bout neocron, its a LONG read, and for me the website was a bit slow but its a good read.

http://www.genesis3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=1002400&forum=9&start=0

culture
31-07-03, 02:02
hidden content ?, i think its just stuff you hvent notist or stuff thats no longer used in the game. 8|

"... content hidden in nc's files.." not "... hidden content in nc"

Q`alooaith
31-07-03, 03:49

I guess there isnt any reason to prevent you from extracting sounds :confused: , next version will extract wav files.

I'd sugest not to...

*thinks of all the ways that could be exploited by players*

Omnituens
31-07-03, 03:54
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
*thinks of all the ways that could be exploited by players*

make the little click when you get sniped say

*AWOOGA YOU ARE BEING SHOT!*

enablerbr
31-07-03, 03:58
Q`alooaith well i would just settle for KK letting me have all those sounds without any need to extract them. if it's an exploit issue. i just want them to mess around with making tunes. i don't mean using appz like e-jay ( i won't use my audio term for that package due to forum rules :angel: )

Q`alooaith
31-07-03, 04:03
Originally posted by Omnituens
make the little click when you get sniped say

*AWOOGA YOU ARE BEING SHOT!*

Well I was trying to keep it quite so that stupid ppl might not realise what they could do but...

*Hey, Footsetps.. Here.. Here.!*

Kazuko
31-07-03, 04:26
Honestly if you're that obsessed with the game that you want foosteps replaced by "PERSON TO THE LEFT" each footstep sound, go nuts. I wouldn't be able to stand that for more than 30 seconds, but thats just me.

VashTheSoldier
31-07-03, 05:42
what about
OMG I HAVE A RARE OUT FEAR ME
or or
WARNING IM CASTING SPELLS FROM AFAR I COULD BE A PKR

MortuusLupus
31-07-03, 05:47
*Watch your ass, bitch, I'm about to mount you!*

That's what I'd use for someone drawing a weapon.

Omnituens
31-07-03, 07:14
omg, what have i started? :wtf: :lol:

Mankind
31-07-03, 08:14
Just an example.

I exported the CDV logo from my gfx.pak file. Editted it and wanna make it the new CDV logo.

So now I have to find where the paked compressed file is in my gfx folder and then make a mirror image of it in the same place with unpacked instead of packed?

Sunab_Naverith
31-07-03, 08:29
Haha, I'm gonna wait for the nude J.lo and Brittney models (high res versions :D ). BTW are Counter Strike skins compatible?

Mankind
31-07-03, 08:37
There are quite a few new things to be excited about in this.

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/1weird.jpg

What's this gun under the grenade launcher?

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/2weird.jpg

What are these 2 items under the grey armor?

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/doylogo.jpg

Looks like we are getting new logos? And what's the prominent one at the top? DoY logo possibly?

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/new.jpg

More new logos looks like.

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/phoenix.jpg

Who's phoenix?

====
So many odd things I have seen from this o.O

MortuusLupus
31-07-03, 08:39
EDIT: NM, looking at wrong photo

EDIT AGAIN: The top item under the armor is a box of rockets, I think. The item under that is the famous Mining Tool™

The top picture's got the tripmines in it. It's the bottom-center item.

Mankind
31-07-03, 08:41
haha check out decals\holo\veronique2.bmp...

omg great :)

Sorin
31-07-03, 08:43
8| 8| 8|

OMG!

SEX

Sunab_Naverith
31-07-03, 09:03
Makes ya wonder, why aren't all these images incorporated yet? Anyway, just went through the whole list of .bmp's in Neocron, here a few "links" to points of interest:

items\items4.bmp for new spells *note the NEW images*

items\items15.bmp , middle top for new pistol, bottom middle to right for new access cards

rpos\goguardian.bmp and rpos\goguardian2.bmp for possible GG upgrades?! :O

rpos\sync.bmp for a familiar screen, :lol:

splash0_640x480.bmp for a familiar beta screen... hey weren't we supposed to be outta beta 4? I notice it says they will be using this stage for bugfixing and gamebalancing... :D

Oh, ya, also, why the hell don't we have those REALLY sweet pepper park/veronique screens ingame? Another USA gimp ? Do german/uk versions have the screens already implemented?

Mankind
31-07-03, 09:08
items15 - thats the AoE rocket pistol so many pistol users..use :p

Shujin
31-07-03, 09:12
nice new sigg ;P looks like one with a asian theme *remembers askin for one with asian theme*

Mankind
31-07-03, 09:17
send me .JPG images to tr1@stny.rr.com

Not big though please :(

I'll start it after you send some ideas :)

Kazuko
31-07-03, 09:56

Hey, maybe its the famous Pheonix Ltd Role Players on saturn ~_^

msdong
31-07-03, 10:10
if u look the logo of the phoenix it looks processor like. think that is the logo of that strange AI Faction the NC website talked about.

haha, hacknet is coming soon (Dec2004)

Tombad
31-07-03, 10:12
decals\holo\pepper2.bmp

Just O_o.

Kazuko
31-07-03, 10:17
How do you advertise for something like that?

"Looking for slim woman to pose naked with futuristic tubes for MMORPG."

hehe, I've always wondered who the lady that does the Plaza voice is... Think she plays NC?

Sunab_Naverith
31-07-03, 10:19
Um, those aren't tubes, they are ropes :)

Kazuko
31-07-03, 10:20
Whatever :p

Devils Thrill
01-08-03, 02:20
Some intresting stuff i found that you might like :)

Faction info i found

1 "CityAdmin" ---------- Replaced "Official Forces"
7 "Trader Union" ------ Replaced "Phoenix.nc"
13 "Anarchy Breed"
16 "Regant’s Legacy"
17 "Regant’s Mutants"
18 "Insects"
19 "Monster"

Items / Weapons / Power Suits :eek:

// "Tangent Assassinationsuit v S-11"
// "Heavy Tangent Assassinationsuit v S-11a"
// "Power Assassinationsuit v S-256"
// "Ultimate Power Assassinationsuit v S-256a"
"Tangent Anti-Radiationsuit v Prototype 1X-D"
// "Tangent Infiltrationsuit v S-11"
// "Heavy Tangent Infiltrationsuit v S-11a"
// "Power Infiltrationsuit v S-256"
// "Ultimate Power Infiltrationsuit v S-256a"

"Crahn Power Cloak A"
"Blessed Crahn Power Cloak A"
"Spirit Crahn Power Cloak A"
"Holy Crahn Power Cloak A"
"Crahn Power Cloak P"
"Blessed Crahn Power Cloak P"
"Spirit Crahn Power Cloak P"
"Holy Crahn Power Cloak P"

// "BLUEPRINT- 55 TB Capacity:"
// "BLUEPRINT- 75 TB Capacity:"
// "BLUEPRINT- 90 TB Capacity:"
// "BLUEPRINT- 100 TB Capacity:"
// "BLUEPRINT- 150 TB Capacity:"

"Basic Flashbang"
"Flashbang"
"Advanced Flashbang"
"Basic Smoke Grenade"
"Commando Smoke Grenade"
"Battlefield Smoke Grenade"

The stuff with // before it means it hasnt been implemented yett, or it has been removed ;)

Mingerroo
01-08-03, 02:34
Hehe. My mate just worked on a program like tyhis. He worked out the Zlib decompression format for paks that only have one file in them, but cant get his head around paks that have multiple files in them. He just sits there with a hex editor staring blankly.

On a side note, any excellent graphic artists out there fancy reskinning all the player models, or perhaps just a few weapons, should do so and release it to the community :) that way we can get some better graphics into our games.

enablerbr
01-08-03, 02:35

//"BLUEPRINT- 55 TB Capacity:"
//"BLUEPRINT- 75 TB Capacity:"
//"BLUEPRINT- 90 TB Capacity:"
//"BLUEPRINT- 100 TB Capacity:"
//"BLUEPRINT- 150 TB Capacity:"

well hope it was removed or it looks like us researchers get another kick in the bollox again. :mad:

Devils Thrill
01-08-03, 02:41
need someone who has been playing the game from day one, to tell us if the Data cubes are new or old ?

Kazuko
01-08-03, 04:59
Damnit release the one that lets you view other files :p

Devils Thrill
01-08-03, 11:37
he he, no :lol:

Brammers
01-08-03, 13:41
Originally posted by Mankind

Who's phoenix?
[/B]

Phoenix Ltd - based in Techhaven sector 1, on Pluto :)

...I would love our company to have that logo on the doors!

Elric
01-08-03, 13:57
looks astounding, I'll be downloading and checkin that all out when I get home :)

msdong
01-08-03, 14:04
need someone who has been playing the game from day one, to tell us if the Data cubes are new or old ?

never see them in my time since i start B3.

who cares about the capacity of dataqubes - if they cost to much its bring in service. even pokers put the expensive lube costs on their clients....

"Basic Flashbang" "Flashbang" "Advanced Flashbang" "Basic Smoke Grenade" "Commando Smoke Grenade" "Battlefield Smoke Grenade"

ah hey - cool. i hear Thanatos talk about them once upon a time:)

Lord Cypher
01-08-03, 17:14
Some intresting stuff i found that you might like :)

Faction info i found

1 "CityAdmin" ---------- Replaced "Official Forces"
7 "Trader Union" ------ Replaced "Phoenix.nc"
13 "Anarchy Breed"
16 "Regant’s Legacy"
17 "Regant’s Mutants"
18 "Insects"
19 "Monster"

Faction #12 is like Fuellers or something, I wonder what tha will be used for.

Edit: Stop PMing me asking where I found out, people were talking about it in #Neocron on ETG a few days ago.

spydre1070
01-08-03, 19:41
theres a TON of crap in there that hasnt been introduced into the game yet. I remember in beta they were doing a contest where people could do logos for different shops in neocron. one of them was for Yakarma. it looks kinda like the. .well ill show you.

http://www.sighost.us/members/spydre1070/yakarma.jpg

*i colored it to the best of my memory* anyone else remember this or am i losing my mind?

Mankind
01-08-03, 23:19
Originally posted by spydre1070
*i colored it to the best of my memory* anyone else remember this or am i losing my mind?

You lost your mind years ago; everyone has just been nice to you since then because they feel bad for you :lol:

dL9
02-08-03, 00:02
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
People did a lot of that in Tribes, but they took it a step further, too, changing models and stuff. The flag carrier would have an 80 foot high flag showing his position. I think in a patch they implemented model checks to stop that.

Ahh those were the days man... the days where everyone had the Happy Flag and Auto Beacon...

Lets hope Neocron doesn't turn out like that...

spydre1070
02-08-03, 17:40
You lost your mind years ago; everyone has just been nice to you since then because they feel bad for you

<^>(-__-)<^>

MarsFreak
02-08-03, 17:51
the phoenix logo is out there since KK released the first shots of DoY :)

look carefully at the this:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/doy_01.jpg

(left corner)

Duder
02-08-03, 17:57
Originally posted by spydre1070
theres a TON of crap in there that hasnt been introduced into the game yet. I remember in beta they were doing a contest where people could do logos for different shops in neocron. one of them was for Yakarma. it looks kinda like the. .well ill show you.

http://www.sighost.us/members/spydre1070/yakarma.jpg

Eyecandy.....ooooOOOoooh :)

enablerbr
02-08-03, 18:10
Originally posted by MarsFreak
the phoenix logo is out there since KK released the first shots of DoY :)

look carefully at the this:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/doy_01.jpg

(left corner)

so KK has been sneaking DoY into neocron afterall.:D . no wonder patches are getting bigger all the time. not bug fixes but DoY toys.

Shad0w
02-08-03, 21:40
You should have a look around your Neocron folder more often and you will see that this has already been happening with recent patches. Their taking it one step and a time. Its better than downloading all of it, like the installer of NC. :p

Kasumi
03-08-03, 15:12
Why do i keep getting an error saying "This is not a bitmap"?

QuantumDelta
03-08-03, 15:39
You guys do know that you're ruining future content for yourselves? o_O

Shad0w
03-08-03, 23:05
Content is really nothing important. It is features and storyline that makes that game great. This is no difference than the publisher sending out that glimpse of the upcomming game in a screenshot. We dont get all the details, but just enough to make us more excited for what is to come next.

msdong
03-08-03, 23:22
Originally posted by Shad0w
.... Their taking it one step and a time. Its better than downloading all of it, like the installer of NC. :p

do you know how many 4mb patches we have to wait till 300-400 MB DoY is out ? ;)

350 MB
Patch every 2 weeks
3 years until DoY....

but im shure there will be a BIG DoY.pac we have to DL ...

Mingerroo
03-08-03, 23:42
Yeah, but the stuff they are giving now is DoY comment that people outside of DoY will be able to see. The main bulk of the zone etc will be a big DoY pack, the rest is in "for everyone" patches.

Kasumi
04-08-03, 01:04
Does no one not know hwo to fix this error and I have all the right stuff needed?

Devils Thrill
04-08-03, 01:18
the "This is not a bitmap" message isnt an err, that pops up everytime you try to view a file that is not a bitmap image.

its only an err if it happend when you click on a bitmap :confused:

Kasumi
04-08-03, 01:19
Oh sorry it happens when i click on a bitmap :)

spydre1070
04-08-03, 01:22
ah. how do i get these files to work >__< its bugging the hell out of me. i want to change a file of my RPOS.. what am i doing wrong?
the file i want to change is the Genrep menu. i changed the words around. so anyways. my NC Game dir is C:\Games\Neocron. i put it in C:\Games\Neocron\gfx\rpos\ (its called genrep.bmp and i also have one called pak_genrep.bmp) but it doesnt show up in game :| whats wrong >__<

http://www.sighost.us/members/spydre1070/genrep.jpg

FarSight
04-08-03, 09:35
In first days of B4 we (some pll) changed some skins and sounds in our clients due to bugs ... eg in first days J_01 was bugged in clients were missing skins ... we duplicate skins with proper names ... and there was missing sound when you hack swith to BYB in MB storage ... same soultion ..... there was a topic about this but i cant find it now (mayby deleted ??)

Devils Thrill
04-08-03, 15:57
when you replace a file, make sure that it has the same hight, width and the same amount of colours (256 or less), also for the rpos it helps if you convert your image to a grayscale image then back to 256 colours, because in-game all colours are converted to a shade of green, but im no graphics artist.

and if you get an err when clicking on bitmaps, then i cant help you, im not microsoft you know..., sorry, wait for the next version. :confused: