PDA

View Full Version : Drone Imps

Slick
29-07-03, 15:52
Is the riggers interface and riggers dream on retail?

I have collected 20 tech parts and havent seen one yet, and as for mc5 that is just a waste of time now.

HellHound
29-07-03, 16:21
I don't know anyone who's found a part, so we can't be sure. The patch notes for today include 'fixed droner implant drops' so maybe they mean the rare parts too.

Ehyuko
29-07-03, 19:39
Rigger dream chips do drop, one person I know is 1 part away from a complete chip, before this last patch no one had found any parts to the special rigger interface out of hundreds of rares.

JiNxY
03-08-03, 05:23
yeh, i also know some1 with a Dream part.

but the interface?!?! is it even on retail?
i would very much like an _Official_ Comment on this please

ive had over 100 rares researched today, and you guessed it [ZIP]

i've been hunting non-stop since the patch, and i would like to know if my efforts are worth it?
also i only hunt WB's so is it that WB's dont drop this part or something dumb like that?

Official word plz

did i mention official?

official

Cyphor
03-08-03, 05:34
Riggers dream is mc5...People have new tactics in there? mabey i should go back and examine it :D

Not had any riggers interface parts out of about 100 in our clan since patch so not sure if they were implimented, then again not had any slasher parts either :confused:

Hippieman
03-08-03, 05:41
Someone said they got slasher parts so I guess its in.

Cyphor
03-08-03, 05:42
Originally posted by Hippieman
Someone said they got slasher parts so I guess its in.

ok cool just have to keep working for them then :)

Omnituens
03-08-03, 11:15
im still ressing parts like mad. no luck so far.

ericdraven
03-08-03, 12:14
Got 136 new rare parts on my fridays hunting session.

Another new part of SLASHER, but still NO part of the riggers interface. I don't think it's ingame. o_O

JiNxY
03-08-03, 19:42
i've got a feeling these 2 rigger threads will get merged...

but i hope they dont, the more threads the better!!!

we want an answer plz :)

Cass
04-08-03, 08:08
KK + Rigger Implant = me losing hair.

Bump.

Darth Slayer
04-08-03, 10:00
Yes what the fuck up is it with this rigger interface part come on KK tell us whether it's in or not FFS. :mad:

JiNxY
04-08-03, 13:46
hehe good to see more people getting frustrated over this.

there aint many droners and even less who read the forums,
so its hard to get a point across.

although all the other imps are nice (thnx kk). for low lvl droners anyway, all us higher droners had no use for them apart from the eye and exp MC3. so the only real additions of this patch were the rare/MC5 ones!

one of which (MC5) Droners have no chance of getting without a clan (and without the glass its even harder now, but i dont mind that :) )

and the rare isnt even dropping, sooooo although kk gave us some attention it seems it wasnt enough, which is a shame.

Darth Slayer
04-08-03, 16:42
just been told KK screwed up and forgot to add the Rigger Interface parts to the rares pool........ :mad:
Somedays I begin to wonder why I play this game really I do.

HellHound
04-08-03, 16:47
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
just been told KK screwed up and forgot to add the Rigger Interface parts to the rares pool........ :mad:
Somedays I begin to wonder why I play this game really I do.

All those posts on the ingame forums being ignored... and now we know why. :mad:

JiNxY
04-08-03, 22:00
hey darth did you hear that from somewhere official or just a friend?

i still dont see how hard it is for them to just say whats going on.
Its like the patch notes, not everything is documented, we never quite know whats happening with our hard earned money

Omnituens
04-08-03, 22:03
res 30 low techs today.

still no riggers interface. just loads of ultima parts (which should be dropped whole btw)

Darth Slayer
04-08-03, 22:15
A friend I'd like something official even if it's just Fuck u noobs suffer..:)
But do the math all those rares ressed and not one Rigger Interface part....:confused:
Come KK how Fucking hard is it to reply and tell us something.
H'mmm u can see I'm upset now I'm swearing......:(

Slick
05-08-03, 04:05
how long does it take to do a hotfix adding the tech parts to the rares pool, or arnt droners important enough to loose server time for and have to wait 10 years till you find some fixes to some bugs which probably wont fix them anyway.

JiNxY
05-08-03, 13:45
hrhr this post is your general BUMP post...

at least if it gets closed we know its being read haha..

a small hotfix would be nice guys to to get this imp into circulation.
have we not been patient enough?
(surely it would just take an hour or 2 at most???)

Brammers
05-08-03, 13:53
Test server patch 210 has just been released - can't check it myself, as I'm at work :(

However I've put a note in the facts thread about the riggers interface not dropping on retail. I shall let you know if there is a response.

JiNxY
05-08-03, 23:57
any update on that new test patch brammers?

IF it does have the RI its still gunna be ages till it comes out on retail

blablablablabla

come on guys!! you can do i!! do an hours overtime tonight, i'll pay u 10 quid :D

Gimme a H
Gimme a O
Gimme a T
Gimme a F
Gimme a I
Gimme a X

What have you got?!??! at the moment no riggers interface
:lol:

ahhhh sometimes i crack myself up...

... no no, i really do

jernau
06-08-03, 00:55
LOL @ Jinxy - They won't ever help spies let alone droners. I'm sure if a few tanks said they didn't like the colour of their CS we'd get a patch in minutes but there's still no guarantee they'd remember to put any spy fixes in it.

/edit - Just to remind anyone that hasn't been here or missed it :

DRONES HAVE BEEN A FUCKED-UP BUGGY NIGHTMARE FOR A WHOLE YEAR AND KK HAVE DONE PRECISELY NOTHING ABOUT IT.

Expecting a fix now is like hoping a canibal with go veggy after he's already eaten both your legs.

Cass
06-08-03, 08:12
Originally posted by jernau
Expecting a fix now is like hoping a canibal with go veggy after he's already eaten both your legs.

LOL @ that :D

Add to that the fact that the lowest rare drone is also the highest TL rare weapon in the game. Period. That's gotta be changed.
Add to that the fact that we still get that stupid "unable to launch" bug at least once a day.
Add to that the fact that the ground collision physics are still not correct.
Add to that the fact that droning adds to hack effectiveness (huh??) link (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477) Shouldnt it add to vehicle or something?
Add to that the fact that the droner buff adds to Weapon Lore (according to "show info", but actaully doesn't -- which does absolutely nothing for droners anyways)
Add to that the fact that one of the lightweight drones is spelled "Lightweigth" (TL8)
Add to that the fact that sometimes the drone you exit out of wont show up on the ground for 30 or so seconds.

Brammers
06-08-03, 11:45
Originally posted by JiNxY
any update on that new test patch brammers?

Nothing mentioned so far... so.

1) They fixed it, but are not telling us (It does happen, new stuff does sneak in each patch)
2) It wont be introduced until a later, to do with the storyline. (That would be cool a event involving droners)
3) They forgot.... :mad:

Also I've not had a chance to test stuff on the test server recently, due to real life things.

I did test the new drones chips a few patches ago, and they are nice oh so nice. (And I was even a *** 91/70 rank as well :D)

zanzan
06-08-03, 11:52
dont get ur hopes up for a drone ownage.
a capped PN/punisher barly do pvp/pvm damage.. =(
(thats with a pure droner, no repair.., implanets: rigger dream/interface, mind cont 3, exp mind cont 3, dex booster 3, drone eye 3)

Velvet
06-08-03, 12:18
Originally posted by jernau
DRONES HAVE BEEN A FUCKED-UP BUGGY NIGHTMARE FOR A WHOLE YEAR AND KK HAVE DONE PRECISELY NOTHING ABOUT IT.

PLEASE WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE :lol:

But you`re right of course...

JiNxY
06-08-03, 13:54
hehe, with these new imps ive pushed my PN dmg from 140% to 156% i think (not sure im at work)

which is nice, but only does another 4(?) dmg to a WBT..
and still does crap all to a person with even a basic shelter..

but then to those without shelter my dmg is pretty high.
I usually only fight at OP fights and when those shelters go down those guys are pretty much toast.

with the Dream and the Interface i hopefully should get near cap (i have some repair) but then i'll still only get another few points damage...

BUT STILL... I WANT I WANT I WANT
*throws his arms around and stamps his feet*

Elvince
06-08-03, 14:34
What are the best value in WPW and rCL to cap a nemesis drone?
Does anyone get a part of the rare rigger interface... but not the mc5 one!

Does the punisher is relly better than the Nemesis ?

THks

"Venus player"

jernau
06-08-03, 15:17
Originally posted by Elvince
What are the best value in WPW and rCL to cap a nemesis drone?

Does the punisher is relly better than the Nemesis ?

THks

"Venus player"

Punisher does similar damage/time to a PN against individual mobs but is AoE so better against groups.

Punisher has far better armour which IMO makes it a far superior hunting drone. PN is more manouverable and has a higher flight ceiling so is better in PvP.

According to Rustot PN is ENR/XRY and Punisher is ENR. If so then that also makes PN a better choice in PvP.

Slick
06-08-03, 16:21
Punisher is a waste of time. It is too much hastle to get made, it is too slow, has poor handling and you have to gimp your stats or drug up to use it.

I can get 174% damage and 258% handling on particle nemesis.

i have a rank 84/59 and only need 4 more levels dex and int to cap my spy.

To level up i just take all my imps out and drop my rank down to 65/54. This helps me get a bit more xp while i still cap the rg1000.

jernau
06-08-03, 17:01
PN vs. 2 warbots = major arse
Punisher vs 4 warbots = lootage

I'm fully capped and depending on rig can use punisher naturally or with DEX drugs to allow more subskill boost from imps. The lower DEX/higher subskill setup is a total and utter waste of time. I've tried both extensively and the minor difference in damage is beneath comtempt. Far better to have a decent hunting drone.

Darth Slayer
06-08-03, 17:36
Originally posted by Elvince

"Venus player" [/B]

As it seems KK has forgotten to add the parts to the rare pool then no nobodys seen a Rigger Interface part.

Ehyuko
06-08-03, 18:23
I've always found the best hunting drone to be the MR 1000 and unless you cap a nemesis, the punisher does less damage on a direct hit [and still lower in it's AoE]. Considering you need to be almost capped to use the punisher anyway, I find it beyond useless, as I get better xp from a nemesis unless I can hit 3+ enemies at the same time with each shot from the punisher.

Considering how the patches have been going lately the fix for the special rigger interface will likely be included in the next patch... probably due to be released in mid september.

kbmg
14-08-03, 22:20
The other day i was getting droner eye 2 with every plant i killed now im getting none. i thought it might be a plot thing because of the fact iw was onlly droner eyes i was finding and no other parts...implants and they instantly stoped when TH was attacked... anyone else notice this.

Darth Slayer
14-08-03, 22:32
Um shops sell all droner eyes now I think that the plants and such dropped them was a mistake by KK's part. A bit like the mistake when they forgot to add in th Rigger Interface parts to the rare pool........:mad: