PDA

View Full Version : What is regants legacy, and who is Regant???

Vampire222
28-07-03, 14:10
i constantly wonder why all the mutants live in regants legacy, what did regant have to do with them, is he their leader or something, couldnt find out anywhere.....

Kazper
28-07-03, 14:13
who is your daddy? and what does he do?

Tazo
28-07-03, 14:30
what is the handbook? why dont i read it?

Soothsayer
28-07-03, 14:48
Isn't Regant's Legacy going to be a faction when DOY comes out ?

Tazo
28-07-03, 15:10
Originally posted by Soothsayer
Isn't Regant's Legacy going to be a faction when DOY comes out ?

............................... what? o_O

QuantumDelta
28-07-03, 15:12
LOL
No soothsayer.

Regant = Reeza's dad IIRC.
I really need to read the storyline again :p

X452
28-07-03, 15:13
i went there once thinking itd be a fort or summet....

it turned out to be one REALY anoying windy road with water on both sides leading to one cool ass lookin castle :D

other then that i know jack s**t

ex-machina
28-07-03, 15:22
Read the storyline and all will be revealed

Helen Angilley
28-07-03, 15:27
If I remember correctly, Regant is Reza's son (A relative anyway) who was convicted but, rather than be executed, ProtoPharma used him to test all sort of "drugs".

Needless to say, he was the "first" Mutant (PP's drugs caused a lot of the mutations in humans/humanoids, which is why there are so many of them still in the city).

After these "experiments" he was released but also exiled from the city, he fled to the Wastelands and vowed to get revenge on the city. Needless to say, other Mutants found "Regant's Legacy" appealing and sought to follow him.

I think Regant was killed during the Ceres War but the Legacy itself still lives on, both in the surviving Mutants as well as "in" the fortress.

I don't have my manual on hand so I'm probably a little off, but that's the gist of it.

QuantumDelta
28-07-03, 15:35
Spirula! :p

Load_HeavyLoad
28-07-03, 15:38
You Tlakign Abot Regants Fortress??? ( If So We Own It :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):))

QuantumDelta
28-07-03, 15:42
Regents, Legacy.

And I been thinking about talking to fang about the ops people own (Regents=closer to TH and Jeriko=Closer to NC hint) :p

*shrugz0r*
Just want TH to have a green blob over it :p

Kendo Averly
28-07-03, 15:42
Originally posted by Tazo
what is the handbook? why dont i read it?

Downloaded version doesn't come with a hand book :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
28-07-03, 15:48
Originally posted by Kendo Averly
Downloaded version doesn't come with a hand book :rolleyes: vamp Didn't download.

Handbook is on the website :rolleyes:

IceStorm
28-07-03, 16:02
Isn't Regant's Legacy where Darkmetal was/will be?

Never saw the inside of that place, not that it really mattered. Most who did got their characters stuck for days.

QuantumDelta
28-07-03, 16:05
Originally posted by IceStorm

Never saw the inside of that place, not that it really mattered. Most who did got their characters stuck for days. Yup :p

Thane
28-07-03, 16:33

or to be 100% precise.... its basically 'just' DMs newer name (post beta3)

PaulVinten
28-07-03, 19:21
pie. I like pie.

Spy<VS>Spy
28-07-03, 19:22
aye, good old darkmetal...always home to interesting though often bugged and busted things. heh...it was always worth the 30 minute run out there to explore. you know it makes me wonder if the launcher cyclops and funny turret defences are still roaming around in there...hmm...

Soothsayer
28-07-03, 19:23
Regant's Legacy is a faction, but it is a npc faction I believe. The mutants and a few odd GMs belong to it, not to mention the occasional runner with a sync bug.
( hopes of playing a mutant dashed on the rocks of reality :p )

MoonUnit
28-07-03, 21:22
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
aye, good old darkmetal...always home to interesting though often bugged and busted things. heh...it was always worth the 30 minute run out there to explore. you know it makes me wonder if the launcher cyclops and funny turret defences are still roaming around in there...hmm...

Yes they are Spy (popped in there yesterday).

Moonunit

SorkZmok
28-07-03, 21:34
bah, i hate regants legacy!

when i was a noob, no one knew what it was or was there before, so i walked there...

took me forever to get there, i died several times, lost half of my stuff, most of my money and then i approached a fucking closed gate o_O

man i was pissed :D

Smugly
28-07-03, 21:57
To the best of what I know Regant isnt' remotely related to Reza. The only similarity being that they both at some point rule Neocron and have sooner or later been leader when Neocron has gone to war with Dome of York.

As I said, Regant was the leader of Neocron, descendent of Thor, the founder of Jeriko, the site later to become Neocron itself. Sometime after Thor's war against Crahn, when Crahn was defeated and forced out of the city to the wastelands with his Psi Monks, Thor dies and Regant succeeds him in 2565. In order to protect the citizens of Neocron, Regant orders the construction of a magnetic shield to block out radiation, but in order to do so, needs information contained on the Ceres disk.

Unfortunately, Ceres, currently the leader of Dome of York is rather pissed by Thor's adamant obsession with defeating Crahn. Still nursing this petty grudge he refuses to help Regant with his shield. As a result thousands die leaving Regant no choice but to start the Ceres war (2578 -2585) against Dome of York. Eventually, ofcourse he wins and the radiation shield gets built, Ceres is executed and a puppet leader is put on the throne of the dome.

As time goes on Regant becomes more and more damaged by radiation exposure, and as he becomes less and less able to rule, the Psi Monks start to take over. Eventually, when Regant dies in 2611, his successor is murdered and the Psi Monks take over Neocron and rule until the coming of Lioon Reza

As a side note, the guy who was usd for medical experiments wasn't Regant, but were the children of Trevor Denton, most wanted man in Neocron for the repeated crimes of raiding abandoned property left behind by people who had left on the Great Trek for Irata III. Only two of them survive the procedures, Xav and Zeke.

hivemind
28-07-03, 22:02
T'internet?

Forget My Name
28-07-03, 22:02
Holy crap! There is a story to this game?

Logan Tyrus
28-07-03, 22:05
this guy knows his history :cool:

dL9
28-07-03, 22:17
Yeah there is a story starting from 2005 to 2750. It's really good too.

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Guide_History&file=index

Here it is for the ones that haven't read it yet.

Forget My Name
28-07-03, 22:38
man, could have fooled me... I thought the story line was supposed to kick off November of 2002, but ingame I don't see a damn thing resembling anything closely to something.

Logan Tyrus
29-07-03, 00:55
the story sets up the whole game! the jeriko fortesses. The TG. The Crahn. It all makes a lot more sense if u read the history!

(i read it on the bus home after i bought it :P )

Dribble Joy
29-07-03, 01:19
Originally posted by Forget My Name
Holy crap! There is a story to this game?

Dude, like, what smugly said is but a mere slice of the story.

Seriously, go read.

29-07-03, 11:08
What still hasnt been explained though is why DoY is anti-Neocron

Since Ceres was killed and the puppet leader technically has no reason to hate Reza (the Psi monks who killed Regants sucessor - yes, but not Reza) the only things I can think of is that the puppet leader has either been replaced by a pro-Ceres element or that the puppet leader doesnt know that the monks are no longer in power (there is no effective communication between Neocron and DoY because of the rad shields)

SovKhan
16-08-03, 23:24
well take this into consideration
2587-2610
The radiation in the area between the Dome of York and Neocron was enormous. Even with the best possible radiation protection, the distance between the two cities couldn't be covered without suffering permanent damages. Which in the following years lead to a rather isolated development of both cities.

no one has heard from the DOY for over 140 years now. so theres ganna be a few changes in leadership. we have to wait till the newer part of the plot unravles till we figure out why DOY is anti city.

Whiety Bulger
16-08-03, 23:33
Isnt Regant Thors son???

nova
16-08-03, 23:45
Yes he was

Beanie McChimp
17-08-03, 00:26
i have heard that regants legacy will become something great it will be a game type of thing where you have to reach the end of the place encountering mutants increasing in difficulty at the end i reckon will be a prize

csh1
17-08-03, 00:53
I think the recent attackes by mutants who kill "heavily armed squads" is linked to regent re opening.....

Or then again it could be a GM plot to delay releasing things.

Also the story to neocron isnt as exciting as the DOY of real life (ReaKKtor) and Neocron (CDV)....CDV conquered reakktor and installed a puppet leader as ganmes designer etc etc...thats why they hate CDV after 148 years or somthing..yeh...thats seems right..

Super Dude/Dahcosti

HellHound
17-08-03, 01:22
:mad:

Ever get that weird feeling when you wonder how a three page thread sprang up since last time you checked the forums.....?

And then you see the dates. :eek:

XenivouS
17-08-03, 01:29
This game has a pretty good story line to it and i try to remember the cyberpunk atmosphere when i get bored and conjure something to do to attemp to rp. Is the new story guy KK got adding to the story yet?

Helen Angilley
17-08-03, 02:28
Originally posted by XenivouS
This game has a pretty good story line to it and i try to remember the cyberpunk atmosphere when i get bored and conjure something to do to attemp to rp. Is the new story guy KK got adding to the story yet?

Yup, just not in the way that people demand he does/they understand.

Oye.

Just because it's not slapping you in the face doesn't mean it isn't there. Or something.

nova
17-08-03, 02:32
just look at all the npc's that showed up not to long ago

MortuusLupus
17-08-03, 02:43
The people in DoY are perfectly aware of what's going on in the city and who's in power. Remember those spies that were given a public execution a few months ago? York's been in the city, so they know what's up. Even if the spies didn't get anything, York and TG are allies, the domies could get all the information they need from them.

As for why they're pissed, who knows. Mebbe having their dome cracked allowing all the radiation to pour in didn't sit well with them. Mebbe the puppet we put in power was a related to Ceres, a la Red Alert 2 ("we Romanovs have our legacy to attend to!"). Mebbe TG is just a puppet for York, and the true leaders of the Guardian live in the dome, using the canyons as a small base and a distraction. Maybe Reza did some kind of Nigerian email scam on York and they're pissed 'cause we took their money.

Mr Friendly
17-08-03, 03:18
Originally posted by Kazper
who is your daddy? and what does he do?

:lol: :lol: lol:lol: :p

but yeah, according to the storyline the mutants are just humans that have been mutated by the enviornment after WWIII