PDA

View Full Version : I wanna play Neocron but...

Logan Tyrus
23-07-03, 13:00
...I'm at work :( I DEMAND that KK nerf work!

On another note, I see theres a lot of people at work who really shouldnt be spending all their time on the Neocron forums :p come on, what should you all be doing REALLY?

hinch
23-07-03, 13:02
managing stuff :)

or usually sat here with feet on desk playin on xbox`s

QuantumDelta
23-07-03, 13:07
*Wants hinches job* -_-

hinch
23-07-03, 13:12
playing on xboxes is my job :)

Elric
23-07-03, 13:21
answering phones and watching dvd's... *cough* VCD's :D *cough* oh, and on forums...

Logan Tyrus
23-07-03, 13:22
ahhh one of the lucky few with a job in games development...

lucky bastad :) and im sitting here foning 200 hotels....grumble...

hinch
23-07-03, 13:26
Originally posted by Logan Tyrus
ahhh one of the lucky few with a job in games development...
lucky bastad :) and im sitting here foning 200 hotels....grumble...

not quite game development

xbox compatability (dont ask its long winded)
I work for MS

Logan Tyrus
23-07-03, 13:31
ARGH KOS KOS!! MS TEH SUXXOR! lol

( i like em really lol )

QuantumDelta
23-07-03, 13:32
I could so do with a job like that -_-
QA For a company or something like that that is computer games related.....

I don't know if I'd really ever bother as much with other stuff o.o
Game/Machine/Software testing is something I somewhat enjoy though heh :/

Jesterthegreat
23-07-03, 13:35
ICT / Network Technician...

should be fixin stuff

but i work at a school and tomoz is my last day of work, then its 6 weeks paid holiday :) (but less time on the forums :()

NC Junkie

REMUS
23-07-03, 13:40
hitch how much do you get paid for a job like that, i havnt got a clue what i wanna be when im older, just finsihed my as levels and ive prolly managed to screw them up :(

oh well if my education falls to peices i could always turn to columbia and become a drug lord on some tropical island where sexy women and cocaine grows on speacil trees...............................

*completely looses track of reality*

zep
23-07-03, 13:41
Home Cinema Installer.

mmm, nc on 42" Plasma :)

Jesterthegreat
23-07-03, 13:43
Originally posted by REMUS
how much do you get paid for a job like that, i havnt got a clue what i wanna be when im older, just finsihed my as levels and ive prolly managed to screw them up :(

oh well if my education falls to peices i could always turn to columbia and become a drug lord on some tropical island where sexy women and cocaine grows on speacil trees...............................

*completely looses track of reality*

who you talkin to? lol

\\Fényx//
23-07-03, 13:45
Tech support at watford electronics, I get to play wth all the new shit in computers all day and like take about 20 phonecalls, other than that im browsing the forums all day lol :lol:

jernau
23-07-03, 13:45
Most jobs in the computer games industry have working conditions and pay on a par with a Reebok factory in Afghanistan.

I'm IT Manager for a really shitty little software company. Not for much longer though - their bankruptcy or my boredom will get me out of here rsn.

REMUS
23-07-03, 13:51
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
who you talkin to? lol

hinch :p

Ren
23-07-03, 13:53
Originally posted by jernau
Most jobs in the computer games industry have working conditions and pay on a par with a Reebok factory in Afghanistan.

:) :lol:

hinch
23-07-03, 13:53
hitch how much do you get paid for a job like that, i havnt got a clue what i wanna be when im older, just finsihed my as levels and ive prolly managed to screw them up :(

how rude !!!

its a fairly large number as im quite a way up the food chain as it were

REMUS
23-07-03, 13:55
rude...... o_O i asked how much you get paid!

hinch
23-07-03, 13:57
rude...... o_O i asked how much you get paid!

look at the ranks in your signature add a few 0`s and your somewhere within the ballpark

REMUS
23-07-03, 14:09
my goal is to earn £1k per week wether i do it legally or illegally :p you seem to have already managed this i want your job! getting paid to ruin your eyes doing a job you love *droolz*what kind of qualifications do you need?

I was thinking about studying for a english as and a levels and doing something to journelism at univercity so i could join a games magazine, and eventually become an editor, but ive seen how much work it requires and you definately earn the amount you get paid! Or maybe starting my own computer games shop but thats more of an idle fantasy untill i am in the postion to be able to fund it (for the most part) myself without a massive debt hanging over my head :(

Jesterthegreat
23-07-03, 14:22
well im on a lame £550 a month (after tax) so 7-8k a year i guess (before tax)

but thats 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, 39 weeks a year (school hours)

NC Junkie

hinch
23-07-03, 14:38
quals

a level maths
a level physics
a level chemistry
a level further maths
a level general studies

MSC computer science and electronic engineering
MSC computer science and artificla intelligence

MCSD (c++ based)
MCSD.NET (c# based)

Thats to date working on some other stuff atm

Jesterthegreat
23-07-03, 14:39
quals:

er... GCSEs...

NVQ lvl 2 Installing and Support ICT

thats it peeps O_o

NC Junkie

Logan Tyrus
23-07-03, 14:41
General studies doesnt count ! lol

I did further maths this year...well i say i did it i didnt actualy do any work...just the exams...ho hum back to college next year then :(

What are the MS exams like? I fancy doing them instead of Uni - feasible?

Jesterthegreat
23-07-03, 14:43
i am currently doin ? NVQ lvl 3 in installing and support ICT, then i will move on to a MCSE when i get a chance (and the funds i guess)

NC Junkie

hinch
23-07-03, 14:45
the mcsd`s (microsoft certified software developer) are actually held in higher respect than degree`s in most it firms as theyre based on pratical hands on stuff.

if you do it do the .NET version with c#, xml, sql server 2000

yes teh sql server exam is the closest you will ever get to impossiable but if you can get the min pass mark its fking good ( I only just passed it )

http://www.transcender.com/products/pak.asp?SKU=PFCNT0700&workstation=ws

Logan Tyrus
23-07-03, 14:47
cool cheers dood :D

Edit: *spits out milk* $1800!!! I guess i will need that student loan after all!!! :eek:

Ren
23-07-03, 14:50
lol u cant count general studies! lol.....

hinch
23-07-03, 14:52
just listed everythign i have (excluding gcse`s clearly)

El_MUERkO
23-07-03, 14:56
Remus do a computer course then get a softere testing job, bout £12,000/14,000 a year but you could move up the food chain :)

I'm a contractor so the work varies from silly money to no money but I'm probably going back to college in October, 26 back in college, mmm... girls :angel:

Greyson
31-10-03, 17:01
NOOOOO :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DON'T DO TESTING - Never do testing. You may as well sell your soul for a better job coz you loose it anyway if you do testing

I have no quals - Other that GCSCs and I'm now a developer (ok - only vba but I'm just starting out)
I have a fairly good wage but now have access to Studio.net and SQL Server so I will be getting those desired mcsds and get a very well payed role.

Ppl want these magic combos of skills now. VB is no good without SQL - ASP is no good without C(or # or ++). etc