PDA

View Full Version : **Best area for Rare Drops**

___T-X____
20-07-03, 12:53
Hi,

im a Hacking Tank and do so for c10's and rares. I did hunt at the MB bunker 2 in j_02 because the guards kill the warbots without me having to do the work. Ive come to realise the 'drop rate' there is piss poor, and is all over the MB area.

Today I tried Gab Mine and couldnt believe the difference, out of 5 warbots, 4 dropped Rares, but the best thing was they were dropping C10's with rares - wtf is that about ?.

Has anybody else found that certain area's are just 'better' for rare drops.....

Please share your findings.

T-X

Dardalion
20-07-03, 13:02
If the guards kill the WB's then of course you will get crap loot.

Dardalion

___T-X____
20-07-03, 13:04
Alot of the time I do it myself because the WB's arent near the bunker, its just useful to have the guards there if theres 3/4 WB's.

-still crappy drop-

X452
20-07-03, 13:13
ok so im new and i havent "realy" hunted as much as u probably. but... :)

i hunt at the same kind of place u do in J_02, just drivin about lookin for WB's and in the past 4/5 days if had a preverbial sh*t load of loot..... 20/30 VHC10 over 80 tech parts and loads of exp impas and cool other imps (and no i havent been playing 24/7 :P).

anyway to my point... isnt the drop rate a "per mob" thing, not "where the mob is" thing?

___T-X____
20-07-03, 13:36
i think it has something to do with rank also ?

im 55/66**

anybody know if this effects it ?

viscious666
20-07-03, 13:38
Originally posted by ___T-X____
i think it has something to do with rank also ?

im 55/66**

anybody know if this effects it ?

if ur that high, why do u need gaurds to help u =P

im a monk and i was able to solo them at rank 35/41

___T-X____
20-07-03, 13:39
shit, good point, im so shit at this game... can u teach me your skills please ?

n3m
20-07-03, 15:48
you can solo warbots at rank 25.. (monk)
you can solo chasers at 32 (tank or monk)

not going to tell you were i hunt, because i hate it when someone comes blasting my mob away when im healing or crashing/syncing and just getting 51% of the dmg so the loot is theirs

Judge
20-07-03, 16:03
Rank effects the drop rate significantly I have found. When I was 4 chevs I was getting alot of loot from Fire mobs. But as soona s I became * then i was getting alot less loot. am alomst considering putting my rank back down for a while :p

___T-X____
20-07-03, 16:13
right, in that case ill take pa2 off add start using crap guns to bring my rank down, i think i can get it down to 40/60 ////

thanks

ericdraven
20-07-03, 16:56
You will always get the same loot. It's only luck, nothing more.

I leveled nine different chars with different ranks and the loot was not significant different, except when i had a very high ranked hybrid (90+). But every rank below 80 gave me always the same rare parts drop rate.

lullysing
20-07-03, 17:54
I would suggest a multi slotted retail gun for hunting warbots and such over a rare weapon, simply for the matter of rank involved. And be wary of your hackers. some of them are snakes, no doubt about it.

Dream
20-07-03, 20:28
pure luck

IronMonkey
20-07-03, 20:37
big time pure luck

I dont know about you but im 53/57 pure apu
I killed 45 wb's the other night and got no drops

gab isnt any different

rares are random it looks to me

Nexos
20-07-03, 20:50
I've killed about 750 wbs/wbts the last few week, over all droprate of techparts exact 30 per cent, one hundred kills -> 30 parts

can't confirm anything about all the rumours around according the droprate. the only thing I realized is the fact, that I get good (good = every 3-4 wb one techpart) loot when I'm the only person hunting in a zone (propably because there isn't anyone "stealing" _my_ 30 percent of techpart-carrying warbots *g)

Eledhbrant
20-07-03, 21:22
Make sure you either hack yourself or have a trustworthy hacker...then again just because you trust him doesnt mean he isnt lying :rolleyes:

StoneRayne
20-07-03, 21:32
Originally posted by viscious666
if ur that high, why do u need gaurds to help u =P

im a monk and i was able to solo them at rank 35/41
Monks can solo Chasers at any rank, even 0/2, because their projectiles hit through the walls. Tanks on the other hand most of the time can't get the grim to hide his ride hand, and will get hit. Same goes for PEs and Spies (unless sniping).

I'm a pure apu and I solo grims without getting hit by them at all 70% of the time, so what? When I was leveling a tank I found it 50 times harder.

lullysing
20-07-03, 21:57
I get a good droprate from the regular warbots... i'm guessing a get approx 3 parts per 4 warbots.... But then again, i hack the warbots myself and i shoot them myself too.

For some reason, it's getting the implants that i don't get such great luck.

Mingerroo
20-07-03, 22:19
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
Make sure you either hack yourself or have a trustworthy hacker...then again just because you trust him doesnt mean he isnt lying :rolleyes:

Just tell them to hack but not open, so you ahve to wait for priveleges, that way u kno that ur the first in there.

Disturbed021
20-07-03, 22:23
Pure luck. I hunt at MB and Gab and some days are better than others. Sometimes I can kill 5 WBs or WBTs and get 5-10 techs other days I can kill 25 WBs and get nuthin :(
or maybe its karma :p
Some days I'm a good boy other days not so good :D

Sunab_Naverith
21-07-03, 01:55
I just had an epiphany... what if SL affects the drop ratio? I currently have LE in, and I have a SL cap of 100, and a week ago when I started solo hunting for techs, I had a SL of 29, then I noticed, meh, maybe 1 outta 5 WB's had tech parts. I now have around 50 SL, and usually get several techs a WB kill, if not multiple combos of techs/imps/parts. Can someone who has crappy/good SL verify this?

IronMonkey
21-07-03, 02:09
nope i have 98 sl. dont think thats it =-p

Helen Angilley
21-07-03, 02:11
To think, the person that finally works out, writes down and distributes the "formula", for the Tech Part drop rate, will be enormously famous.

Nice to see a game where everything _isn't_ handed to the players on a silver platter.

Birkoff
21-07-03, 02:21
I've hunted warbots all over the map as a 90/66 PSI and as a 50/50 (ish) Pe the drops are the same (the hacker is in the same room). We also used a 115 hacking and 55 hacking and it was still he same. We tred without changing weapon and with multi weapon... DB no DB.... the srops seem the same.

I personally think its LUCK. :)

oooo i also had 100 SL at 1 point after doign 5 epics and now i have low negative and its dont seem to change at all :)

Sunab_Naverith
21-07-03, 04:04
K, well that idea is trash *throws theory out the window*.:(
Was hoping I had cracked the drop rate formula :D. Has anyone theorized about it involving the ARMOR your wearing? :D :rolleyes: You never know with KK doing the coding....:p

Mr Friendly
21-07-03, 05:04
its all random, some days areas are good, & some days bad. For example:
for one week I hunted at MB bunker 2 and got only one rare out of 5 WBT/WBs.:::. but last week i got 6 rares from only 5 WBT/WBs. (exp part & tech part & a c9 just from one WBT)

its just like the lottery, its completely randomized.

but yes in areas like Gab & *another place* where theres at a most of 3 WBs in the sector at a time, they tend to drop more, mainly cuz theres not many of em in that sector.

but either way works for me :) On a descent day i get 15 rares in a day. Find the right areas & ur set ;) but hey, thats the fun in huntin anyway right? :D :D

Seven
21-07-03, 06:14
Put your Tank hacking points into barter and sell loot.

Buy the rares you need.

It's much easier and you don't have to worry about ID'ing rares and all that crap.

I did the WB hacking gig and it sucked especially on Saturn.

GT_Rince
21-07-03, 11:32
OK - as I am now rank 70/43, can anyone tell me what kinda loot I am gonna get off WB's if I go hunting them?

Last time I went hunting them with my PE (66/67), I got mostly crap - when I changed some settings to get my rank back down again (54/58), I started getting decent drops again.

Maybe time to roll Ruburn to a spy again and pick up those rifles :D

xkorpio
20-08-03, 01:16
Rank affects the loot drop, thats for sure.

Make the test:

- A 25/30 char kills an Agro Captain: it drops several items, bone reinforcments and even some good pistols.

- A 54/69 char kills the same Agro Captain (well actually not THE SAME) and the loot is only one snack/liquor/candy bar.

That applies at all levels, so if you have high level you would not have as good loot as a lower level. You will notice that money gains go lower as you rise levels.

Hippieman
20-08-03, 01:24
And the Lord said...Thou shall not ressurrect the elderly/old threads, or face the wraith of the Nidhogg.

+1

neophotographer
20-08-03, 02:07
Originally posted by xkorpio
Rank affects the loot drop, thats for sure.

Make the test:

- A 25/30 char kills an Agro Captain: it drops several items, bone reinforcments and even some good pistols.

- A 54/69 char kills the same Agro Captain (well actually not THE SAME) and the loot is only one snack/liquor/candy bar.

That applies at all levels, so if you have high level you would not have as good loot as a lower level. You will notice that money gains go lower as you rise levels.

That only matters while you're close to the level of the mob. for example if a 46/66 kills a 120/120 then the loot will be the same as if a 70/65 killed the 120/120 The only time you'll notice a difference is when you get close to the mobs level (I think it's like within 10 levels or so, I can't remember to be exact.))

hope that helps a little.

oh. and rares are pure luck. it seems some days fo the week are better however. I tend to get really good drops on sunday usually. *shrug* I've noticed int he past 3 weeks that's been my best drop/per trip rate.

P.S. +1 :lol:

Stacey

wolfwood
20-08-03, 02:09
The best place I have found is at Gabium there are a lot of wbs there and it also helps to kill the other mobs inorder to increase the wb spawn rate.

Kaden
20-08-03, 02:43
Personally, I find the rare drops better at J_02 imo