PDA

View Full Version : LE chipped horror

Original monk
15-07-03, 10:12
Because i hunt at MC5 sumtimes and i dont wonna drop a belt every time i die, and offcourse i dont wonna get ganked by every clan that thinks their ubber and own (litteraly) that place: i weir an LE chip.
Now yesterday i was walking in the city and enter PepperPark1 without any buffs offcourse and sum hi rank monk starts poisonbarreling/pestilancing that place: i end up with 5 poisonstacks and barely survive, stupid of me thinkin my LE protects me for poisonbarrels o_O
So i go out heal and zone into an app to cast antipoisonsanctum and haz buff. I go back to test it out and indeed i got a stack again :eek: , yust this to warn other LE users of the danger of poisonbarrels.
Second thing that happend was me casting a parashokbarrel into PP1, yust because i like the sight of it, thinking my le will stop all damage/freeze to other people. Wrong again, the apu monk that a sec before was poisonbarreling me starts accusing me now of exploiting cause i shocked em with my barrel :( . About the same thing happend with my soulcluster, i spawn it and it begins attacking faction enemy's, again i got called exploiter with the trait there screenshotting me and gonna report me etc etc. Well things i wonna know is: am i an exploiter when i cast that soulcluster, and do i exploit when i cast a freezebarrel ? And is that apu monk exploiting when he poisonbarrels me (me as an le user) :confused: :confused: Ifso i better trow away my soulcluster cause an enemy-faction-someone can always appear after i spawned the sc, also the freezebarrel has no use then, it would be 1 continious exploit when i kept using it o_O and if they are exploits why dont they fix or remove em so i cant get booted by some retard taking screenies of me spawning a souly. Also when i can get poisonbarreled with an LE in maybe its possible that a LE user can poisonbarrel non-LE users, havent tried that yet im ppu u see, i know with energy and fire there arent alot of troubles, but getting poisoned with youre LE in is weird. BTW i hate exploiters of any kind so tell me what i am doing wrong so i dont get it called again :(

Omnituens
15-07-03, 10:15
AoE is bugged regarding LE users. I have lost SL on a LE char because of AoE drones. KK will fix it in time, that monk has no case against you. just try to avoid it from now on.

MjukisDjur
15-07-03, 11:13
Odd, my LE chars never seem to be able to hurt any other player with aoe...?

Lecko
15-07-03, 11:18
It does work. I got a tradeskiller levelling in the sewer and there was a load of pkers there. They were firing about randomly (as they do) and my little spy caught some AoE flak from the weapons. Luckily they didnt notice and i carried on.

\\Fényx//
15-07-03, 11:53
threads likely to get closed soon...

the last thread about this was considered as an exploit on how to harm LE users, If possible I'd edit your posts or the thread will be closed and removed because of that.

Its not all AOE, just certain weapons and some drones that can. =/

then again KK and the forum mods dont like me so instead of acting on the bugs i find they chose to delete and dismis the threads :wtf:

Original monk
15-07-03, 11:58
thank you omnituens, i hope they fix it quickly so no misunderstandings can flow out of this.

to mjukis : the sc acted even when i had an le in as a normal sc, by this i mean attacking all enemy factions and doing damage to them o_O also i lost a great amount of sl cause my sc attacked a friendly faction some-one wich later on died without me zoning first, i wish the sc of an LE'ed-someone didnt attack any people, even not when they attacked the sc, the sc should be LE'ed also.
For the parabarrel, yeah the barrel affected non-le's, like the poisonbarrel stacked my LE'ed body. I dont think a LE'ed person can poisonbarrel a non-LE'ed person, but as i said before, i didnt tried it cause im ppu. In any case this all need fixing and as long this didnt happen i gonna follow omnituens he's advice and dont use them sc and parabarrel anymore when there are people around. For them dirty monks trying to pk me with the poisonbarrel, i wil screenshot em for safety and offcourse always use antipoisonsanctum when im in a non-safezone :o

athon
15-07-03, 12:01
If KK don't want these problems (not exploits imo) with the LE to be posted about they should realease a patch to fix it.

Athon Solo

Original monk
15-07-03, 12:05
to fenix: i had a good answer, so i know not to use these spells anymore, for the rest i can understand the forummods delete this thread because its a very sensitive subject. Reason also of me posting this is that if many people know about this bugs, it will give KK an impulse to get rid of them bugs before all people go accusing eachoter of exploits and we all get paranoia and start screenshotting everything we see. Its not my style covering everything up and act suspicious about it, i yust provide the info so people dont have to go trough the same situation.
I dont know about the AoE drones but i do know they need to fix the poisonbarrel, parashockbarrel and souly fast or the LE looses its value (partially)

darkservent
15-07-03, 15:59
strange bug, should be fixed asap. GMs really need a sticky post tellin ppl that usin LEs is not exploitin in MC5 and should make it clear to where its seen as exploitin. In any case it is KKs fault to let this through and should apply hot fixes immediatly.

Xian
15-07-03, 16:18
I was there when you were barreling. Funny how not a single one of us in the zone didn't get touched but the TG that came through did, lol. :angel:

SorkZmok
15-07-03, 16:33
Originally posted by Omnituens
AoE is bugged regarding LE users. I have lost SL on a LE char because of AoE drones. KK will fix it in time, that monk has no case against you. just try to avoid it from now on.
Ha, i win!

I have lost SL on a LE char twice even without using AoE! Just used a crappy Energy Spell and suddenly my SL drops to -5 and my Faction Symp got fucked up :mad:

Original monk
15-07-03, 16:43
"xian said: I was there when you were barreling. Funny how not a single one of us in the zone didn't get touched but the TG that came through did, lol"

yeah weird he ;)

tw@
15-07-03, 17:23
Its weird about the barrels, but the soulclusters seems logical that it would do damage. When a soulclusters is cast, it is basically a mob, it has the same kind of AI as them, i will shoot what shoots it, unless it is told to shoot something else. But as you cant tell it to shoot something else coz of ur LE Chip, it will just shoot defaultly, at whatever hits it or whoever is enemy faction. It's still dodgy about the poison/para barrels though.

Anthonys
15-07-03, 19:50
Last time someone pointed this out...

I happened to be the one in another thread... Nid came aloong and deleted every occurance of what was being discussed...

Why...

Cause it is a program glitch which can be used to Exploit...

And to kill runners who can't fight back...

I wonder why he let this one slide and all others got narfed...

Original monk
15-07-03, 20:23
Maybe he havent seen this thread yet, or maybe he thinks to many people know this "exploit". Its not sumthing you have to look for ya see, ya yust cast a soulcluster and it shoots indeed at everything randomly, beginning with enemy factions and ending with people that shoot the sc. For the barrels: thats yust a big bug wich people all know by know, i hope its removed next patch but i can understand KK is pretty bussy with DoY comming up and the strange "wil" of the servers who sumthimes wont let us inside, like at this moment :)

Arcadius
15-07-03, 20:32
I killed an LE user the other day by accident. I was pestilencING everyone in pp1. So I ran to p3. And I noticed a dead LE user on the ground. I was like "huh?" And then he informed me that he ran into the barrel.

I wonder if it works the other way around. The ultimate PKer, more overpowered than a hybrid........................AN LE APU!!!!!!!

lol

Psycho_Soldier
15-07-03, 20:32
From my experience as a LE user its random. I was testing it in PP and I would run to peoples poison barrels to see if it would stack. Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't. If someone tries to use this exploit on you on purpose, take screenshots and report them for exploiting.

amfest
15-07-03, 21:19
posting about this only lets people that get a giggle from killing people know that it's possible . .and they should only be posted in game with the ? in the right corner .. .
as a note i was told it's getting fixed in next patch so we'll see then

Original monk
16-07-03, 10:19
Last time i posted ingame (?-button upperrightconer) was to report a sniperblackout bug, i couldnt see true my sniper, except a small opening in the upperleftcorner, i got a reply telling me it would be fixed in the next patch or as soon as possible etc, thats very neat but i still cant use my silent hunter :-/ cause of that bug. The public bugtracker is a laugh (im sorry but its reality). So i decided to put this one on the community talk, also to know if anyone else has had experiences with this matter, the more people that talk about it, the more info that goes around the faster it will be fixed. So yeah i have me own reasons to post something here and not ingame or anywhere else :)

[TgR]KILLER
16-07-03, 11:30
Mayby some LE's are bugged some ppl get hit with LE by AoE some can't.. with my friends tank i shot with my Mal @ a LEd guy sure he was bleeding all over the floor but he lost 0 Hlt couldn't harm him

Scikar
16-07-03, 12:06
I think it's just pestilence that works, and regular poison barrels don't.

Original monk
16-07-03, 12:23
not all AoE weapons have it, certainly no tankweapons, its some drones (dont know wich ones) and for 100% sure a poisonbarrel or indeed pestilance, i was testing wich one it was when a bad monk came in and started to cast regular barrels instead of the pestilance so i still dont know :/

mystery8
16-07-03, 12:55
I had this bug hitting me back in March, maybe even February. Really wish they'd fix it. Especially with the coming Soulight changes (meaning it'll be harder to correct my soullight via missions after getting bit by the bug). My droner got hit again a few weeks ago and now my Rifler got hit. Rather depressing to see 100 SL go to -12 because of a bug.:rolleyes:

MjukisDjur
16-07-03, 12:58
I take it back. Yesterday at grave I got a nice sl hit. Did not notice hitting anyone and I was not teamed... No corpse or anything nearby. odd...

FBI
17-09-03, 01:55
still not fixed yet. suck

mystery8
17-09-03, 02:22
Yeah. My PPU Monk friend and I were hunting Warbots, so he launched a Soul Cluster. As usual I accidently hit the SC, so it shot at me once or twice. Then the Titan got me (I'm a Spy), so he took a SL loss, sympathy hit, and got placed in 'No Faction'. Stupid old bugs.

John.nl
17-09-03, 19:07
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
From my experience as a LE user its random. I was testing it in PP and I would run to peoples poison barrels to see if it would stack. Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't. If someone tries to use this exploit on you on purpose, take screenshots and report them for exploiting.

Aye, same here wearing LE and using aoe drones. I noticed sometimes a runner's shield flashed on near impact. That was my cue to relog in order to minimize SL penalty.