PDA

View Full Version : So you like warhammer do you

Hell-demon
07-07-03, 16:48
So many people in this forum like warhammer. I was never a big fan of it. And panted my 40k marines with the wrong sort of paint:eek:

So this poll will show me how many of you enjoy it and how many hate it. Also please discuss all your little action figures/lumps of plastic here:D

random hero
07-07-03, 18:33
warhammer 40k is great
the imperial guard are awsome
i am not a geek

me

*ph33r*
07-07-03, 18:34
chaos space marines > all

edit- and omg has anyone played gorkamorka (something like that) where its all based around vehicles? Man its fun, you can get your orks to jump onto other vehicles and stuff... its oober :p

Ragnarok
07-07-03, 18:39
Originally posted by *ph33r*

edit- and omg has anyone played gorkamorka (something like that) where its all based around vehicles? Man its fun, you can get your orks to jump onto other vehicles and stuff... its oober :p

Oof, never played it myself but I've seen it being played!

Madness. Utter, utter madness. 8|

-Ragnarok

*ph33r*
07-07-03, 18:43
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Oof, never played it myself but I've seen it being played!

Madness. Utter, utter madness. 8|

-Ragnarok

Its damn good fun, first time I played it was in GW... I had like 3 jeeps loaded with orks and the objective was to stop the other ork team from transporting fuel barrels into this big ole' fort. I charged all my jeeps forward and managed to flip one over before it was even my second go lol. Anyways, then I got one of my jeeps to drive alongside an enemy's jeep. Made 3 orks jump onto the other jeep. One poor bugger missed the jeep and fell flat on his face while the others owned the driver and passengers.

Then came the good part, an enemy jeep had almost made it into the fort with some barrels. I made my gunner shoot down the fort's gate and it fell and crushed the driver, creating a blockade and winning the game for me and the other guys I was playing with.

Fun what you can do with a few plastic models eh? :D

Krll
07-07-03, 22:55
Hmm... I used to play Edlar... I stopped partly because it was getting too expensive, partly because I had no one to play against for a few years, and partly because everyone kept saying I was nuts for gloss varnishing my models after painting.

I played Necromunda for a while too, but got even more comments because I painted my Goliaths naked... Except for their chains and leather straps...

:eek:

-Krll

Q`alooaith
07-07-03, 23:57
I love 40K..

Went from being a 2nd ed SM...
To a thrid ed Eldar, after building a largeish force of 1000pts..

I started my Tau horde, currently over 2000 points strong and growing from time to time..

Old picture, from an old site showing off my army.. (http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/taufire/images/Dscf0018.jpg)

Now I'm thinking of getting some IG to use as human aux troops, into the breach cheep troops..

Q

Krll
08-07-03, 00:00
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Now I'm thinking of getting some IG to use as human aux troops, into the breach cheep troops..

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends! Once more! Or fill the wall with our English dead!"

William Shakespear - Not sure of the book.

Edit: If I remember, I'll post a piccy of my Eldar (not Edlar, as I preciously posted :D ).

-Krll

Q`alooaith
08-07-03, 00:18
awww, I thought you where a edlar player.. theres so few edlar players its silly..
:rolleyes:

I should take some new pics of my Tau, I've been reworking the colour's on them so they look cooler..

Krll
08-07-03, 00:23
awww, I thought you where a edlar player.. theres so few edlar players its silly..
:rolleyes:

Lol! Don't tempt me into spamming... the temptation is bad enough when I'm sober, never mind drunk! :D

-Krll

Q`alooaith
08-07-03, 00:29
Originally posted by Krll
Lol! Don't tempt me into spamming... the temptation is bad enough when I'm sober, never mind drunk! :D

-Krll

isn't that spam anyway?

Spam= useless information?

I don't spam, I give some usefull info's, I try my best to keep it fun too..

why post when drunk? goodness Last time I got drunk I woke up in my back garden.. but thats another story..

Tau are a good ballence of SM armor and tech, a str 5 weapon as standard, no creature they can't wound given a lot of luck..

Krll
08-07-03, 00:31
I don't spam, I give some usefull info's, I try my best to keep it fun too..

Nyah! :p

why post when drunk? goodness Last time I got drunk I woke up in my back garden.. but thats another story..

Read my latest message in the "Death race 2000" thread (linked in my sig, for that answer. :mad: (only second ever mad smiley!)

-Krll

random hero
08-07-03, 03:53
what is wrong with you people clearly the imperial guard are all powerful

Smugly
08-07-03, 05:47
Problem with Imperial Guard is it's never really your army. It's always the army GW wants to force you to play. If it isn't sodding Force Organisation charts, LIMITING you to how many of those wonderful Leman Russ ass kickers your can have, it's the sodding "All Infantry Must be bought in Platoons" rule meaning I have to field no less than about 55 Soldiers in every battle. And the only sodding plastic men are the damn catachans, and I'm not sodding paying £2.50 a soldier for a pack of decent Soldier like models.

I really would like to play 40K and Warhammer. But it's price, price price. Raising one army in warhammer can cost upwards of £100. I got about 11 Armies to play with in Medieval: Total War for £30, plus since I'm not the one colouring in the armies, M:TW looks quite a bit better (shivers at the memory of the cartoon eyes on my old Van Saar Necromunda Gang).

Personally, I always preferred the skirmish games, like Necromunda and Gorkamorka. But GW kept dropping them. I figured out the pattern by Mordheim and just stopped playing.

Q`alooaith
08-07-03, 12:59
Originally posted by Smugly
Problem with Imperial Guard is it's never really your army. It's always the army GW wants to force you to play. If it isn't sodding Force Organisation charts, LIMITING you to how many of those wonderful Leman Russ ass kickers your can have, it's the sodding "All Infantry Must be bought in Platoons" rule meaning I have to field no less than about 55 Soldiers in every battle. And the only sodding plastic men are the damn catachans, and I'm not sodding paying £2.50 a soldier for a pack of decent Soldier like models.

I really would like to play 40K and Warhammer. But it's price, price price. Raising one army in warhammer can cost upwards of £100. I got about 11 Armies to play with in Medieval: Total War for £30, plus since I'm not the one colouring in the armies, M:TW looks quite a bit better (shivers at the memory of the cartoon eyes on my old Van Saar Necromunda Gang).

Personally, I always preferred the skirmish games, like Necromunda and Gorkamorka. But GW kept dropping them. I figured out the pattern by Mordheim and just stopped playing.

can't you buy AC units or MCI so you'd only need two squads of them and a command section?

cracky
08-07-03, 13:52
I didn't vote because I can't understand the answers.

greendonkeyuk
08-07-03, 14:22
Originally posted by Krll
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends! Once more! Or fill the wall with our English dead!"

William Shakespear - Not sure of the book.
-Krll

Henry V

I used to love warhammer when i was 12, now as an adult it doesnt hold the same magic. i still love the stories and i always have a sneaky look in when i walk past the shop but other than that, nah, neocrack is more my style........

Now if martin ever decided to partner up with GW and make a DECENT pc version of the games, ......... well........ id consider buying it for sure......

Q`alooaith
08-07-03, 14:22
then why did you post?

did you want others to know that you don't understand somthing and want it explaining..
if thats the case you should have jsut asked..

40K, or warhammer 40,000 is a tabletop battles game set in the far future, it's not a nice future either, warhammer is a fantasy tabletop battles game, but it's not all flowers there either..

Krll
08-07-03, 14:24
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
Henry V

Thanks. :)

I think you'd like some of the drawings of massive battles and huge weapons etc. in the rule books Cracky. :)

-Krll

Geth
07-08-03, 06:54
Oh ya, Eldar all the way. :cool:

Mind you I gave up playing mostly because of the new edition and rule changes back in 98ish (I can't remember exact). I use to be able to hold my own with a few powerful Aspect Warrior squads all the way into 3000 and 4000 point battles. But the change in rules that now focus on quantity rather than quality, I had to change tatics and it just became too expensive for my taste about a year ago. Hell I still have unpainted models I need to do.

As to age issue, I went a few tournaments and damn was I in for a surprise. I expect lots of little kids 12 and under, but I felt young at 20 years old, playing against men that easily could have been my father. O_o

SigmaDraconis
07-08-03, 07:00
Originally posted by Smugly

Armoured Company m8...ohhhh watch them Lemans go ohhhh eee...

btw Sanguinus pwnz jo0

even without a rhino-rush...

oh oh even better...with Dev squads muahhaa

a pound is like 1.25$ right?..army for 100 pounds? wow..small army heh :)

oh yea..

NERF THE ASPECT WARRIORS !!!!1111oneoneone

ZoneVortex
07-08-03, 07:58
I like it when blood angels dress like cows. And lie still.

Mattimeo
07-08-03, 08:00
I used to love it, but that was back before the new version. I used to play UltraMarines and Tyranid. Unfortunatly, the new version came out, and I hated the rules. then they started charging insane prices for their miniatures (they want $45 for a plastic tank).

Then of course, they banned use of "old" rules at the bunker (here at the US headquarters in Maryland, they have a whole building devoted to being able to play their games with the awsome terrain they make).

Then they banned the use of unpainted miniatures... then they banned the use of miniatures painted with anything but citadel paint... and now I hear they've banned the use of minatures without flock (that stupid sand/grass crap on the bases) and are discussing banning non-highlighted/'eavy metal quality paintjobs.

I have a serious, serious hate on for anything GW, except Mordheim, which thankfully I have more than enough stuff to play with and need nothing new.

Parappa
07-08-03, 09:22
Hmm, lots of 40k players here. I'm a FB player myself, cause there's nothing like... devouring the souls of others.

Oh, and I play Dark Elves (not bitching anymore) and Chaos Dwarfs (bring them back!)

Judge
07-08-03, 11:38
I used to play 40K a few years back..... but once again the price drove me away. Its just so god damn expensive. Especially for teenagers, who need money for other stuff, like booze :p

I always played Orks. I really had fun converting my landraider into an orkish battlewagon. I had great fun making up a load of vehicles using the vehivle design rules in White Dwarf. I made fuck loads of crazy Ork shit. I originally got into GW stuff through necromunda, I spend a rather enjoyable week with my cousin playing necromunda pretty much non-stop. That game rocked. It really started off my liking for futuristic/cyberpunk style games. Gorkamorka was fucking insane, but great fun lol. Especially when people started bringing in their own rules, like the Rocket Powered In-line Skates. That was incredible :p

CarniFlex
07-08-03, 11:46
Played 40k 3rd edition bookform, good ol' rules. One marine with a heavy machinegun could keep firing as long as he rolled 6'es.

Although my nick is from the Tyranid warbeast CarniFex I never played tyranids. Started with marines, hated em, went for Eldar and their craftworlds loved em ever since :D

There something special with a elf and his pointy ears... and his awesome shuriken rifles and cannons

HellHound
07-08-03, 12:27
'You have already voted on this poll'. o_O

Oh I get it, it's a month old.... :rolleyes:

FireWarrior
07-08-03, 15:15
Warhammer Fantasy and High Elves all the way! :D

Gotta admit that the Tyranids are some of coolest space aliens seen to date though
Alien GO HOME :)

hinch
07-08-03, 15:23
i got a 40,000 point blood angels army gathering dust in my loft from when i was at uni years ago used to play every wednesday night then vampire every friday and tuesday i believe its along time ago

anyone else ever do that shit or goto laser quest all the time and happen to live in huddersfield?

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 15:24
Originally posted by FireWarrior
Warhammer Fantasy and High Elves all the way! :D

Gotta admit that the Tyranids are some of coolest space aliens seen to date though
Alien GO HOME :)

:rolleyes: haumogaunts = ripoff of from the original Alien film... also look at that guy's artwork(cant remember the name), the guy who originally made the scetches which led to the 'Alien' imagery

Anyway waiting for a taxi then im off up the hospital for a bit :(

hinch
07-08-03, 15:28
h.r.gieger

he designed the whole first aliens jobbit most of his work looks like that too and he was a big fan into gothic style bio-mechanisms

LTA
07-08-03, 15:34
Bought and painted Abaddon(because he's leet) and 2 Chaos terminators... then cba to pay for anymore and left it at that :p

Ransom
07-08-03, 16:18
I have to admit to owning both a Tau and Demonhunter army. Those Deamonhunters are damned expensive though. Not a single troop type comes in plastic, and I find it hard to find value in paying £9 for a 2 1/2 inch piece of cheap metal alloy :-)

kira wolf
07-08-03, 17:37
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SKULLS FOR KHORNE!

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 17:50
SEDATIVES FOR KIRA WOLF!

*ph33r*
07-08-03, 17:53
BAN STICK FOR \\Fényx//'s SPAM!!!! AND BAN ME TOOO!!! OMG!!!!

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 17:58
Originally posted by *ph33r*
BAN STICK FOR \\Fényx//'s SPAM!!!! AND BAN ME TOOO!!! OMG!!!!

d00de ive not even been here for the last hour and a half ive been in a bloody hospital... jeez...

Q`alooaith
08-08-03, 01:31
Originally posted by Ransom
I have to admit to owning both a Tau and Demonhunter army. Those Deamonhunters are damned expensive though. Not a single troop type comes in plastic, and I find it hard to find value in paying £9 for a 2 1/2 inch piece of cheap metal alloy :-)

Bloody pricey... I got my army before they did the price jack.. but only just, I was going to hold off but the manager told me they where going up so I got a whole load of junk..

I liked 2nd ed better than 3rd.. in some ways it's far better, though 3rd is still a bit of fun..

Looking over 3rd abuse of the rules is very common, like two tac squads of five, then maxed out Support, elites and HQ's..

3rd is a childs game, 2nd a more mature game more complex..

Originally posted by kira wolf
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SKULLS FOR KHORNE!

For the Greater good, I shall hand your buttocks to the Ethereal's
/edit, Debolding

kira wolf
08-08-03, 15:44
hur hur hur...

I used to love that game. I still have my chaos army, but noone plays it anymore :(

Every time I try to resurrect it at my local gaming club, no one wants to because its too expensive or its too much work.

They would rather play those "click" games. Pre-painted crap, with a collectible type of addiction. IMHO they crushed Warhammer / Warhammer 40K here in the States, I dunno if they are popular any where else.

DOWN WITH WIZ-KIDS!

Doc Holliday
08-08-03, 16:29
:lol: Yeah i used to play up until about 15 or 16 yrs of age. beer got in the way and combined with a misspent youth and the fact of GW changing the damn stuff they made the little guys out of and hiked the price cos if it. It was a real good hobby and could be addictive as hell i must admit. I always liked the stories and the fiction behind it. I also used to collect the minitaures for paintin em as much as playin. Still the chaos marines were where its at BY FAR!!! they had so much power and presence on a battlefield. i won some nice tournanments with em both official and unofficial in and out of stores with em due to the balance u could create.

Abbadon ( think that was his name. the General dude with the claw and the sword ) and ahriman the chief sorcerer where my favourites by miles. Evil bastards but great fun to play.

Apart from that i like the dark elves :D

greendonkeyuk
08-08-03, 16:34
for the record, doc didnt win too much at all against me...... well not at warhammer fantasy, maybe at 40k......

Doc 3 words for ya

UNDEAD PWNED JOOO!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit:
(him and me are related 8|)

hinch
08-08-03, 16:38
ahh brotherly love

i just got one thing to say to you all

death company close range to enemy with a dead chaplain

OUCH all enemy is history

neat little trick give the dc a pod drop. from word go drop whole company into the middle of the opposing army.

first 2 marines next turn KILL THE CHAPLAIN :) and you think im kidding.
dc then go into blood rage charging down everything within about 52" and they gain attack bonus`s because of the blood rage.

these guys if armed properly and used properly can chew through an entire army in only a few turns then you just clean up with a couple of terminator squads and some hw bombardment

msdong
08-08-03, 16:48
W40k is cool but they nerfed the dwars and then it was only the Marines and the fuckin elfs and orks.
u have to be lucky to find a chaos or tyranid player.

i allways liked my modells and love to paint some of them.

haha, vest was my squad of imerial dwarfs with hoverboard and lasgun and frags. hehehe they rocked the freakin orks.

shodanjr_gr
08-08-03, 16:51
Chaos are teh e><ploitersz....

I mean, i was playing a 1.500 battle. I got Ultramarines, the opponent had Chaos. I wipe out his whole army in like 2 turns and he has that huge possesed unit with a chaos prince in it. The Demon had like 7 attacks and a 4+ invulnerable save (i think) and for every 6 he rolled to hit, he got an extra attack. I concentrate all my fire on him and his squad. I killed like all the possesed. Then the demon prince killed the following:
7 Strong Terminator Squad
1 Chaplain
5 Strong Devastator Squad
1 Dreadnaught
1 Land Raider

NERF TEH KAOS GW....BOOST TEH ULTRAMARINEZ !!!!1!!!1111!!!one!!111oneone111!!twoone

But WH40K kicks ass.

Fantasy aint that bad either. I got armies for both of em.

<edit>ALSO NERF TEH TYRANIDZZ.........

Oath
08-08-03, 17:00
Yup 40k rocks

personally i play death guard, DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROROROR!!!!!!!!11111oneoneon KOFS KOFS KOFS

Forget My Name
08-08-03, 17:01
dark eldar 2000 points
Sister of battle 1000 points
Tyranids 2400 points
Necrons 2000 points

Welcome to my world.....

hinch
08-08-03, 17:02
ultramarines are the sucky

a nice 5000 pointer blood angels is

death company (35 each selected amounts based on random rolls against other companys)

1x dc chaplain
2x terminators storm bolters and meelee chain fist
1x furiso dreadnaught
2x rhino
2x whirlwind
2x assault squads
3x heavy weapons squads
4x normall crappy infantry squads (cannon fodder)
dante
mephiston

kira wolf
08-08-03, 17:36
Dammit.. where are you foo's when I wanna play a game!

My Khorne army will Pwn j00 all!!!!!1111oneoneoneneo

SUCK MY PLASMA TOADIE OF THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!!

When are they gonna get smart and make a MMORPG for 40K... I heard something about Fantasy, but thats crap. The 40K story line is just simply awesome. If anyone wants a good read, you should pick up the 2nd edition Chaos codex. You will get a feel of the brutality of the universe... just awesome IMO.

Thats it Im gonna make a new Tank named "Karhn the Betrayer"!

FireWarrior
08-08-03, 17:44
War Fantasy MMORPG:

Warhammer Online (real imaginative title don't ya think?)

Warhammer 40K "normal" FPS:

Firewarrior (how awesome a title is that!? I got a game named after me:cool: )

A bunch of really old and really crappy RPG-like games for WH40K too...
Also, a HL MOD for WH40K was released not too long ago...
http://www.rivalspecies.com/

Not sure what other WH PC games there are besides those

El Barto
08-08-03, 18:55
Ultramarines rock, I blow any army to bits, and my bikers can take down any commander.

Dribble Joy
08-08-03, 19:08
I is a ORK I is, wif da bigg guns DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!!!!!

an' da choppas dat go chop chop chop
an' da trukks wiv all da boyz in da bak to go crush da puny oomans wif dere torchez an' dere bayon... bayonats.. bayonads...bayo.. sod it pointy fings on end of dere tourchez

an' da Kans an' da Boss in 'is wagon wif his big armour an big choppa an big GUNs dat go DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!!!!!

\\Fényx//
08-08-03, 19:15
6k of spacewolves (me babies, nearly every model converted)
Every bloodbowl team (tourney player)
9k of fully painted beastmen (old skool beasties tho... grrr why they make new models every 3 days O_o)
Just started a cadian army aswell, new plastics are nice.

Ill get some pic's of me shit hot painting uploaded just to make you all jealous :D :cool:

cshank2
08-08-03, 19:32
me and my friend were gonna get into 40k but then I moved. Im thinking about it again. Anyone know how to find opponets?

Breschau
08-08-03, 19:44
Played Warhammer RPG, Fantasy Battle, 40k, Epic 40k, Necromunda, Realms of Chaos (was that what it was called? 2 books.. Lost and the Damned, and another that I forget the name of.. something about Slaves or Slavery) and BloodBowl (and Dungeon Bowl).

They all rocked, though for my money Necromunda was the best.

However, while I loved the games, I quickly started to hate GW. Money grabbing bastards.

"ooh, we're using a new lead-free metal so we can sell our figures to a wider audience [some countries restricted sales or something cos of the lead content.. or age limits, or whatever].. so let's increase the prices!" - unless I'm remembering wrongly, that genuinely happened.. and they almost said it in those words (price increase was cos the metal was more expensive or something, I dunno.. but reason was so they could sell it in more places).

I eventually stopped buying any more figures purely because of the price hikes.. not to mention the tendency to re-release each game every few months so they could try to sell you 2 pages of rules changes for £30 ("nono, you get a lizardman army too!" "I don't want a lizardman army" "why not? they're great.. here, want to buy a dark elf army book too? start more armies!" - roughly the conversation I had with the store manager when he asked me if I was gonna get the new WFB).

Still, fond memories of the games, and painted a fair few miniatures in my time, including a 2000-3000 point Chaos 40k army, about 1500 points of Ork 40k, 3 Necromunda gangs (my Delaque gang was literally unstoppable - none of my friends were able to come close to their might :D), about 3000 points of Orc & Goblin WFB army :)

I'm patiently waiting for the day someone creates Necromunda as a tactical turn based game (similar to stuff like Fallout Tactics, X-Com, etc).. with matching servers and basically the same gang system - so your gang levels up, gets a points value attached to make matches fair, old members die and new ones get recruited, etc etc. Could have a good single player game there too, but mp would rock.

Q`alooaith
09-08-03, 02:29
We're charging a little bit more for all our products, rather than a lot more for our less popular ranges

Real money grubbers..

Somone should have told them, lower prices= more sales = more money coming in total..

ahh well..

My Tau kicked butt, I was taking on forces twice my points value and smashing them to itty bitty bits...

Doc Holliday
09-08-03, 19:37
MM necromunda. Delaque gang were the boys in that all secret and devious. Honestly i think if u started a poll saying how many people who want trench coats in neocron played delaque gangs in neocromunda u wouldnt be very suprised at all...........

Erikin
09-08-03, 22:34
Black Templers are teh pk of teh Warhammer world