PDA

View Full Version : Caped Skill Points Question

hudsonbeck
29-05-03, 18:09
Ok.... I have a Spy that is pure Construction (well almost there) and i was wondering if i put every single point into construction, What would be the natural total skill lvl?

I think i may be missing some points because i am at 86 INT and so i should be able to just add 14 to what i have now and have the total but it seems low.

I will add imps later but i was wondering what the natural max for a spy would be?

Thanks,
Hudson

redjacket
29-05-03, 18:19
175 with EVERYTHING in INT... with the 78 starting points... but... given that they fucked around with the spy, he used to have more points at start up... but... eh... as of right now... you should be able to hit 175 with 3 left over points at 100 int...

at 86 int... you should be able to hit 161 with 3 left over points...

483 raw train points at 86 int...
553 raw train points at 100 int...

formula...

((int - 5) x5) + 78 = raw train points
it takes 50 train points to get to subskill 50 (1 point each)
it takes 50 train points to get from 50 to 75 (2 points each)
it takes 75 train points to get from 75 to 100 (3 points each)
and then 5 train points after 100...

hudsonbeck
29-05-03, 18:31
Thx Red...
Thats what i thought i would end up with, It just seemed low to me.

So with the current imps Construct 1,2,3 and SS My max Skill would be 175 + 26 = 201
and with Construct 3 buff + 20 = 221
and with my OP + 50 = 271

So my max construct skill ATM (b4 new imps out) will be a skill of 271 :)

Sweet!

I cant wait to get the last 14 lvls in INT!

Thanks again Red,
Hudson

kurai
29-05-03, 18:33
Erm ...

http://www.hrmmm.co.uk/nc/caped-constructor.jpg

Sorry ... couldn't resist :D

[Look at topic title if you wonder what the hell I'm talking about]

redjacket
29-05-03, 18:36
you're so cute...

i just wanna feed you to a lion named Freddie Wilmen

Ormy
30-05-03, 01:46
isnt there a cap on subskills? The GMs have all their subskills at 255 (apparently :P) and thats the cap, please correct me if i am wrong.

BTW you cant cast const booster 3 by urself, you probably know that but just thought i'd point it out, it can be incredibly difficult to find a high level ppu willing to help sometimes.

ericdraven
30-05-03, 09:22
Originally posted by hudsonbeck

ONLY from constructing? Well... see you again with INT 100 in.. hm.. 30 years? ;)

Stigmata
30-05-03, 10:37
Quick question, this person is probably the most famous constructor on saturn (female char) over charges like fuck, made me a 3 slot CS artifact may i add.

now she claims to have const skill200+ now i have always just taken here word for it but yet a month or so ago while exploring the northern desert area's of the map noticed here droning using pb20's. to use pb20's i assume you need like 100rcl and 60 willpower or something around those figures ?

how could she be that high a const and do high level droning at the same time? even with all available imps i dont think she could pull this off ?

Any idea's or just another bullshitter stood in plaza talking crap ?

Also one of the other constructors stood in plaza i know also a female char (morigan) has 160 const skill and constructs items at higher quality than the other unamed person.

eg morigan with a lower claimed skill
caps all store bought weapons 89% or 91% or whatever it is on the weapon.

unnamed const with 200+ gets lower stats on the weps? is this possible ?

Stigmata

ericdraven
30-05-03, 10:41
Originally posted by stigmata

unnamed const with 200+ gets lower stats on the weps? is this possible ?

Stigmata

Nope, that's not possible. That unnamed person is obviously not telling the truth. ;)

If she is not even able to CAP the stats then she is for sure below 150, i'd say even below 130. :)

Stigmata
30-05-03, 11:04
hmm suspicions confirmed :(

wonder why she feels the need to lie to people, after all last time i checked she had 18mill and was 3rd richest person in money rankings

Stigmata

MF Doom
30-05-03, 11:10
Doesnt the construction skill cap around 150ish
There was a thread about it a while back.
Did KK change that

hivemind
30-05-03, 11:40
Since Construction is dependant on Dex, Int, and skill, the higher the Int and Dex of a constructior, the lower their skill needs to be. I remember hearing that a capped spy only needs 110 construct to cap quality on anything, can someone confirm that?

I don't blame them for exaggerating their skill tho, how else will they get business? Everyone will go to the person screaming "LVL 200 Constructor!!!!!11111oneoeone" even though the 99 DEX / 95 INT spy with 150 construct will make better stuff...

ericdraven
30-05-03, 12:00
Yes, a fully capped spy only needs CON 110 to cap the stats, i think a fully capped monk (which is impossible anyway :D ) needs 135..

jernau
30-05-03, 12:09
Originally posted by hivemind
Since Construction is dependant on Dex, Int, and skill, the higher the Int and Dex of a constructior, the lower their skill needs to be. I remember hearing that a capped spy only needs 110 construct to cap quality on anything, can someone confirm that?

I don't blame them for exaggerating their skill tho, how else will they get business? Everyone will go to the person screaming "LVL 200 Constructor!!!!!11111oneoeone" even though the 99 DEX / 95 INT spy with 150 construct will make better stuff...

That is correct for non-rares only. They cap at a fixed number and the slot chance is based on the capped quality. Always get the DEX and INT of a CST for non-rares.

No-one really knows the score on Rares however so maybe it's worth having crazy CST there. I personally doubt it though and have opted for another DEX CPU instead of the CST1 on my constructor spy.

For more info : http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=648198#post648198

@Stigmata - you are not the first to have doubts ;)

@Ormy - yup 255 is cap AFAIK. There was even a thread somewhere from a CST saying that he had hit it at an OP. Still, that means you can just hit the cap with CST boost 1 if you really want to.

Promethius
30-05-03, 13:31
Thx Red...
Thats what i thought i would end up with, It just seemed low to me.

So with the current imps Construct 1,2,3 and SS My max Skill would be 175 + 26 = 201
and with Construct 3 buff + 20 = 221
and with my OP + 50 = 271

So my max construct skill ATM (b4 new imps out) will be a skill of 271 :)

Sweet!

Thanks again Red,
Hudson

Well keep inmind the cap s 255.....

Shakari
30-05-03, 13:38
Originally posted by ericdraven
Nope, that's not possible. That unnamed person is obviously not telling the truth. ;)

If she is not even able to CAP the stats then she is for sure below 150, i'd say even below 130. :)

If such said person cannot cap store weapons then I'd say there below 120 by quite a bit, cos my spy has 120 cst and caps the quality on all store bought stuff ?????

Shakari
30-05-03, 13:39
Originally posted by MF Doom
Doesnt the construction skill cap around 150ish
There was a thread about it a while back.
Did KK change that

with high dex 100+ and high int 90+ it caps for quality on store stuff at around 115 to 120 ish in my experience

ericdraven
30-05-03, 13:40
Originally posted by Shakari
If such said person cannot cap store weapons then I'd say there below 120 by quite a bit, cos my spy has 120 cst and caps the quality on all store bought stuff ?????

Well, yes, depends on your INT/DEX mainskill... you probably have high INT/DEX values therefore you can cap it already at 120, whereas lower INT/DEX values need higher CON to cap.

Scikar
30-05-03, 14:08
Stig, the person you are referring to has always lied about her construct skill. She used to claim to have about 180 skill but then didn't cap store weapons, then suddenly claimed she had 200 skill, loads of people started using her, and of course, if you are building stuff constantly you're gonna get the occasional 4 or 5 slot weapon which people will go brag about. I get the impression that she didn't bother with store weapons, she just had a fairly high skill and always built rares, and with the quality boost you get with them it doesn't matter that she wasn't too high skilled (I have yet to see a rare built by her with 120% in all stats).

culture
30-05-03, 14:13
Does this chars name start with an "R" and end with an "E" ? :o

Stigmata
30-05-03, 14:16
Scikar the CS she built for me was artifact before i used any of the 3 slots that where on the weapon, the stats where 120dmg 119freq 118range and 116handling once i modded it it was full 120% on all

Stigmata

oh btw culture yes you are correct

Scikar
30-05-03, 14:25
Admittedly I think recently she has skilled up to the point where she is actually a good constructor, but I still never use her partially because I never go to Plaza, but mainly because I know she lied about her skill (and possibly still does).

Mankind
30-05-03, 16:30
Another way to add construction..

Advanced Nerves? Does this just raise research or construction as well?

Construct boost 1, 2 or 3. Boost 3 would put you well over 220. That's insane for construction skill.

Thx

jernau
30-05-03, 18:13
Nerves are RES and HCK.

Promethius
02-06-03, 16:20
Originally posted by Scikar
Stig, the person you are referring to has always lied about her construct skill. She used to claim to have about 180 skill but then didn't cap store weapons, then suddenly claimed she had 200 skill, loads of people started using her, and of course, if you are building stuff constantly you're gonna get the occasional 4 or 5 slot weapon which people will go brag about. I get the impression that she didn't bother with store weapons, she just had a fairly high skill and always built rares, and with the quality boost you get with them it doesn't matter that she wasn't too high skilled (I have yet to see a rare built by her with 120% in all stats).

I first noticed Roe was lieing about her skill when: I had her build me a moon striker and ALL the stats were outstanding at 108% with 1 slot. I was beyond myself. (keep in mind, i bought her EVER drug there was for str / int / dex)

hudsonbeck
02-06-03, 17:28
I hate to post after Prom since he shot me in the back when i had half health and a chaser on top of me over the weekend, but i guess i have no choice:p

I use to use Bane' and he consistantly made me Great weapons. At the time i think he was approx skill of 185 plus he could use a OP when needed. I dont know where he is now though. I just hate Paying out the ass for a service that i now find out to be bullshit.

Although the other day she did make me an all artifact 2 slot PE with the help of my construct 3 buff :)

I will be Capped soon and will be in plaza building with a skill of 221 cause i have a PPU that has nothing better to do than buff me all day. I will post pics here so u guys know for sure what my ALT's Skill is and i wont charge u out the ass.
I am so tired of doing nothing but lvling this character. It is so fricking boreing!!!

@Prom
Its all cool...i'll have ur tags soon enough;)

Hudson

Promethius
03-06-03, 13:24
I hate to post after Prom since he shot me in the back when i had half health and a chaser on top of me over the weekend, but i guess i have no choice:p

I use to use Bane' and he consistantly made me Great weapons. At the time i think he was approx skill of 185 plus he could use a OP when needed. I dont know where he is now though. I just hate Paying out the ass for a service that i now find out to be bullshit.

Although the other day she did make me an all artifact 2 slot PE with the help of my construct 3 buff :)

I will be Capped soon and will be in plaza building with a skill of 221 cause i have a PPU that has nothing better to do than buff me all day. I will post pics here so u guys know for sure what my ALT's Skill is and i wont charge u out the ass.
I am so tired of doing nothing but lvling this character. It is so fricking boreing!!!

@Prom
Its all cool...i'll have ur tags soon enough;)

Hudson

Hehe. Lookin forward to it...erm.....both that is the tl 221 ad the dogtags =P.

About the shooting you in the back.Not to long agoa t CRP unlike myself a NC chaos runner GRed in and normaly i would gank him. But i didn't i chose to be nice (the horror). We chatted adn wat not for like 5 min. Then another one GRed. I got a lil suspicious but i figured jsut lling together. And abut 30 seconds later a tank druged up before they GRed and caem running ot with a CS hasin me around and the monk / spy / tank all joined in. Ever since then my mercy for other runners is down to an all time low. I tried to be nice but i was burned so my mercy was a weakness. So if you wanna blame anyone jsut look at NC chaos they sowed me the lite....or darkness =)

hudsonbeck
03-06-03, 17:17
I guess you were just passing on the tradition....
I showed kindness to MayhemMike by not ganking him after he PKed a clanie of mine and thats what i got for my kindness.
So now u might know who my ALT was...maybe not.
But Mike will have to pay ten fold for his actions now ;)

I am still hesitant to take you alone (as my con is gimpeed atm) but if i can get in the first shot, I will :p

CU around (hopefully b4 u c me!)

oinyo
03-06-03, 17:22
ya. i was wondering the top weap lore before its capped and usless also

\\Fényx//
03-06-03, 18:04
'she' also made 2 of my 3 pain easers, the first one was 'perfect' yet all stats were under 110% other than range at 111%, the second one she did was 'perfect' quality again but a little better with 116% damage,both of these had 0 slots...
third one i got built i was not gonna go back to her because to be honest i had suspicions that she was swapping them for shite ones in her inv or somethin. anyway third one i got buily was by a FA guy, was around base 140 but paid the extra 20k to do it at his factory, he got me an artifact 120% damage/range/freq 119% handling 3 slot PE...

NeoLojik
03-06-03, 18:24
There was a great constructor on Pluto, Ptah his name was. It seems his disappeared into thin air though :(

Shame, he made me a fully artifact Liberator with 3 slots, and an excellent A&W Rapidfire SMG224 with 3 slots. Havent seen him in a while tho :(

Original monk
07-08-03, 10:07
Originally posted by stigmata
hmm suspicions confirmed :(

wonder why she feels the need to lie to people, after all last time i checked she had 18mill and was 3rd richest person in money rankings

Stigmata

LoL i wonder who this unnamed female constructor is :confused: , i only know one 200 constructer on saturn, and yeah she's female and yeah she happens to be loaded with cash, i also think like 90% of the forum knows who your etalkin about lol, altough the saturn people then

edit: i better read the entire thread in advance ;)

kurai
07-08-03, 10:10
Welcome to August.
Thread started in June.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 10:12
Originally posted by kurai
Welcome to August.
Thread started in June.

:lol:

it actually started in may 8|

kurai
07-08-03, 10:22
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
it actually started in may 8| Oh. In that case, carry on. Threads from May are allowed to be bumped. Obviously.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 10:23
Originally posted by kurai
Oh. In that case, carry on. Threads from May are allowed to be bumped. Obviously.

I see that the helpdesk hasnt put the jam back into your donut :rolleyes:

kurai
07-08-03, 10:25
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I see that the helpdesk hasnt put the jam back into your donut :rolleyes: Indeed not.
But judging by current correspondence they are clearly putting the "missing" back into "the point" by a truly stellar margin.

Hippieman
07-08-03, 10:27
SPAM SPAM WONDERFUL SPAM SPAM WONDERFUL SPAM SPAM.

SPAM ALL YOUR LIFE

AHHH

SPAM, ITS THE OTHER OTHER OTHER,(20 OTHER's LATER) WHITE MEATf

and other spam

Original monk
07-08-03, 11:33
Originally posted by Promethius

About the shooting you in the back.Not to long agoa t CRP unlike myself a NC chaos runner GRed in and normaly i would gank him. But i didn't i chose to be nice (the horror). We chatted adn wat not for like 5 min. Then another one GRed. I got a lil suspicious but i figured jsut lling together. And abut 30 seconds later a tank druged up before they GRed and caem running ot with a CS hasin me around and the monk / spy / tank all joined in. Ever since then my mercy for other runners is down to an all time low. I tried to be nice but i was burned so my mercy was a weakness. So if you wanna blame anyone jsut look at NC chaos they sowed me the lite....or darkness =)

Thats the things ya get with a feared clan he prom (who off 90% thinks they are some superior being [egotrippers], while like 90% of saturns laughingstock) dont go naggin ya get killed at crp, my ppu got ganked several times inside that cave (this last 2 days)by teams of 5 to 9 of ND'ers, when i was busy with ressurecting and healing people, always the same, they (KK) lock of the graves, they lock of everything else where i can level, im glad i can finnaly ppu somewhere (crp and the other chaos cave) and always a team of several ppu/apu ND's come to rape me in there, smokeyj on top offcourse, yesterday smokeyj went naggin for a spy 3 boost even offering 1 mill for it in crp when i would have given it fo free if he didnt killed me the second before (that while i was healing some lowlevel PE's huntin there) this has nothing to do with clan things (my monk is unclanned) this has to do with being a bitch, and the only place i still level is crp or mc5, cause mc5 genreps ar also locked i dont get much choise, same with graves, and im fuckin tired of going to the lame swampcaves again where i allready capped 2 chars so im a bit tired of that green enviroment, a wb ya say ? i get 5 k xp of a daamn WB, i dont like 5 k when i have 20 mill xp to go o_O Think my only option is to put back an le in and laugh in you guys faces when ya come rapin me again with 10 people.

Nothin personal Prom i know youre an ok guy, its yust youre clanbuddy's have strange ways of leveling (yust kill everyone in the cave and then go off) Last laugh best laugh i say but it wont improve athmospheres on saturn, i can honestly say i dont get killed by anybody on saturn, yust cause im not aggresive, but smokeyj, soulcutter and pipehitter (divide) are the only exceptions on that, when there are other clannies with em they join in offcourse but otherwise everybody acts chill,
react as much as ya like i wont respond, i wont come to look at this thread again, i wouldnt care less if its closed/deleted and i wouldnt care less what any new dawn thinks.
If ND gonna be dirty ok then, but theres always someone dirtier, Olodummare will be good to saturn i feel its strenght, i feel the moment is right. Obatala will conquer and health, peace, harmony and purity will follow in her footsteps.

EDIT: sorry if offtopic

HellHound
07-08-03, 12:35
This is why old threads aren't supposed to be bumped... maybe I should just check the date to start with from now on. :rolleyes:
Better than reading 3 pages and finding out at the end. :(

tw@
07-08-03, 13:27
Well now you can include the +10 to CST from the hawkings =D

PsiCorps
08-08-03, 08:27
The unnamed cster knows me well so she doesent seem to swap with me, (4 slot mal off her (lost that and made myself a 4 slot mal(Drugged up TL 123 cster(this is alot of brackets)))) But she ALWAYS has a friend next to her which is suspicious and used to be in a clan with people which got FREE 3-5 slot cs's im seeing a pattern here

tw@
08-08-03, 12:13
What SHE Doesnt understand is that we are not accusing the fact we think its impossible to get TL 200+, which is easily possible, infact you can get TL 206 CST (without PPU boost), but rather that we are accusing the fact that she DOESNT have that much and most likely is closer to a lower TL because she has the combat rank that a certain drone would give her. A Constructor from NEW DAWN did the maths and worked out how much CST she most likely has.