PDA

View Full Version : Neocron FAQ

Siygess
01-05-03, 17:41
I thought I might save some wear and tear on GM and player keyboards by answering some of the most likely questions that are going to be flying around the forums and OOC/HELP channels over the next few weeks. Here goes:

Q: I've just left MC5 and now I seem to be in my apartment. What should I do now?
A: Familiarise yourself with the contents of your apartment. You should have a Home Term (the small computer on a desk) that allows you to access the in game forum and email system. You will also have item storage of some kind.. in some cases these are wall mounted cabinets, in other apartments, they are simply boxes. You will also have a Gene Replicator (GR) which you should already be familiar with, and a Go Guardian. Now you can leave your apartment and explore!

Q: I'm sorry, whats a Gene Replicator again?
A: A Gene Replicator (GR) is part respawn point, part teleporter. Every time you come across a new GR, you should click on it and activate it at a cost of 150 credits. This will allow to use it in the future. You can teleport between to GR's that you have activated in this way by clicking on a GR, then selecting the destination GR from the list provided. Click teleport, and you will appear at that GR, after paying a small fee. When you die, you will be able to respawn from any of the GR's you have previously activated.

Q: I'm sorry, whats a Go Guardian again?
A: A Go Guardian (GG) is an item storage much like a giant cabinet - but you can access the contents of your GG from any GG you find.

Q: I have to go to somewhere, but I dont know how to get there.
A: The easiset way to find your way around is with the Nav-Ray. Press F9 to bring up the Nav Ray, and see if you can find what you are looking for in the list of destinations, then hit start. You will see a dotted line leading away from you, and a large arrow at the top of your screen. Follow both, and you will soon make your way to your destination.

Q: I've found a big yellow Venture Warp Terminal. What does that do?
A: This is only for the very adventurous! Using the Venture Warp system will teleport you to a random sector of the wastelands, where you will be miles away from your apartment. You will encounter a great number of new and very hostile creatures out there, so its best to leave it until you are a bit tougher.

Q: Im lost, where is my apartment?
A: A very common problem! Find a City Terminal (mounted on the wall, it looks like a big computer) and click on the word "info" along the top of the screen, then "runner info". From here, you can find out the street and building name of your apartment. Make a mental note of it, then press F9 to activate the Nav-Ray. Select "Apartments" from the list of destinations and scroll down though the long list of apartments until you see yours. Click on it and hit start. Follow the dotted line, and it will lead you to your apartment building.

Q: I'm standing in the lift of my apartment building, but how do I get up into my apartment?
A: Click on the small terminal inside the lift, and enter the name of your character. This is your apartment code. Click enter, and you will be taken to the hallway outside your apartment.

Q: Where is my apartment key?
A: You dont have a key for your aparment - just an access code (which is your name). You can not give away or loose your starter apartment, though should you buy other apartments in the future, those will come with a key.

Q: Where can I buy low level armour and weapons?
A: All Archer and Wesson shops sell a variety of guns and armour. If you cant find what you are looking for, try different shopkeeps in the same shop, or a different branch of A&W in another part of the city, as they often sell slightly different equipment. HEW also sell equipment, but as it is always high tech equipment, you probably wont be able to use any of it just yet.

Q: I keep hearing a voice saying "Drop that weapon!" - What should I do?
A: In some areas of Neocron, you are under the watchful eye of the Copbots. Even if you cant see them, they are still watching you! Make sure you have put your weapon away (you'll know if it has been put away as you wont see it held out in front of you).

Q: How do I talk to other people?
A: Press the TAB key. You will notice that a cursor should be flashing in the chat window. Type your message and press enter, and the message will be sent to all the people in the current chat mode (visible just under the chat window). To change the chat mode, you either press F1 or click on the current chat mode and cycle through until you reach the one you want:

LOCAL: Everyone in the local list will hear the message
BUDDY: Everyone in your buddy list will get the message. To add someone to your buddy list, press F1, click on the "Buddy" button and enter their name into the box at the bottom of the window.
CLAN: Everyone in your clan will get the message. If you are not in a Clan, this will have no effect.
DIRECT: A specified person will get the message. To change who will recieve the message, press F1, click on the "Direct" button and enter the name into the box at the bottom of the window.

Q: I dont understand all these abbreviations people are using - Help!
A: If you search the forums, you will find several threads containing most of the abbreviations and slang used within the game. The most important ones are:

Poke / Poking (the act of implanting special implants into a runners body)
BP (Means either Blueprint or Backpack)
GR (Gene Replicator)
GG or GoGo (Go Guardian)
Res (Research, Researcher or Researching. Not to be confused with ressurection, as may happen with former UO players. When you die, it is unlikely that someone will ressurect you)

Q: What is the best way to ask for help in the game?
A: It's best not to ask for help in LOCAL mode, so instead, press F1, click on the "Custom" button and scroll down the list of additional channels until you reach either the OOC channel or the HELP channel. Click on the name of the channel to activate it and type your message into the chat window. Make sure you have unmuted the channel by ensuring there is an X next to the name of the channel, otherwise you wont hear any replies you get!

Q: There are too many conversations appearing in the chat window - What should I do?
A: There are a number of different chat channels and sometimes it is usefull to "mute" some of them to prevent the chat window being flooded. Press the F1 key. A number of chat channels will be displayed (LOCAL, BUDDY, CLAN, TEAM, DIRECT, CUSTOM), and while you may mute those, you really want to click on the "Custom" button. This will display a long list of additional channels, and to the left of each will be a small X. Left click on the X to un-check it and that will mute the channel.

Q: What is the LE Chip and why should I keep it in?
A: In simple game terms, the LE Chip protects you from player vs player combat, but it also stops you from joining a clan. There are other considerations too, but at low level, you dont really need to worry about those. You can remove it by pressing F3 and dragging the LE Chip into your inventory.

Q: It says I have entered an Hunting/Anarchy Zone.. does that mean I'm going to be attacked?
A: Possibly. If you have your LE chip in, you are safe from attack by other players, but NPC's who are hostile to the faction you have joined my attack you..however, they will normally shout a warning at you several times before they do. If you have removed your LE chip, it is possible that other players will attack you, and if you die, you will also drop a belt in addition to your backpack.

Q: Where do I go to kill things?
A: As long as you are in Neocron City, you should look for the large grey/brown manhole covers on the floor. These are sewer enterences. To start with, you will need to go into the "Level 1" sewers, but as you go stronger, you can move on to the higher level sewers.

Q: What is my rank?
A: You rank is measured by two values. To see these values, press F5. At the top of the window, it will say something like 'Rank: 1/3'. The first number is your combat rank (i.e. how effective you are in combat) and the second number indicates your overall rank. Above that, you will also see one or more '/' characters. This is a quick way to summarise your rank.

Q: How can I tell if the creature I am about to fight is going to be easy or difficult?
A: Put your cursor over the creature and you should see its name, its rank (represented by two numbers) and a series of '/' characters). You should compare your rank with that of your opponent, but at low levels, it is simpler to just compare the number of '/' (slashes) with your own. An equal rank, or equal number of '/', you should expect an even fight.

Q: How do I hit things with my fists?
A: Press Alt + H. As with any weapon, you are restricted as to the areas where you can "equip it"

Q: What do I do with all the things I have picked up?
A: At low levels, the use of all your looted items will fall into one of four categories.. items you can use (like picking up a gun or knife from a dead creature), items you can sell to other players (chemicals such as Solantium or Meritium), items you can sell at Yo's (pretty much anything) and items you can eat to gain health (medical kits, candy bars, cola, meat)

Q: I've been hurt - how do I heal myself?
A: You heal naturally over time, but you can speed that up by using first aid kits / medical kits (if you have any) or a healing spell if you can cast it. You can also eat the meat that you pick up from dead creatures to give you more health.

Q: Do I need to buy any of the tools?
A: It is not necessary to buy any of the tools at the beginning of the game, however a lot of players will buy an implant tool or repair tool in order to become a bit more self sufficient.

Q: What does it mean if an item in my inventory is red?
A: It means one of two things - either the item is so worn out that it has been rendered unusable, or it means you do not yet meet all the requirements in order to use it. You can tell if the item is broken by right clicking on it, selecting "show info" and looking at the condition.

Q: I died and now I dont have any of my things - Help!
A: When you die, you leave behind your backpack. There are two ways of getting it back - you can either use a Gen Rep and select "recover inventory" (which will happen instantly, but it will cost you credits) or walk back to where you died and pick it back up again. Your backpack can not be looted by creatures or other players, so it should be safe until you return. If you have removed your LE chip, you will also drop an random item from your inventory (EXCEPT THE ITEM IN QUICK SLOT ONE). Other players may, if they have a very high hack skill, hack into you belt and steal the item inside.

Shellcracker
01-05-03, 18:01
Great post for beginners!!!

[x] Sticky

Regards
Shellcracker

satanmofo
01-05-03, 19:37
Just As A Minor Correction.........

You Dont Have To Tab Into The RPOS every Time You Wanna Talk Instead Just Hit Enter / Return On your keyboard tyope your message and hit enter again. Also a nice little shortcut for changing chat modes is hitting ALT + C....very very very handy for those droners out there.......... oh.........another little sidenote

Droners!!! Bind Sorry to the first macro key..............(translation)
in your chat screen type +sms a Sorry.......Accident (or whatever you wanna say.....Like Big Pimpin In Big LAC. sorry) Why? cos you will hit someone at some point and if your in a big fight you dont wanna have to type " so sorry you big tanky power armour wearing hunk of steel you, please dont kill me with that green swirly thing because i dont have enough money to regain my baclpack from the Gen Rep....SHI............" ............you get the point

And every time you wanna say it type /sms a (any letter from a-z so 26 messages d00dz) specially handy for tradeskillers (construction, research, implanting and repairing etc.)

Just two More things........if you spawn at a Genrep....and some one kills you.....dont GR back there, because they will kill you over and over and over and over again....... and my last and most golden peice of advice well.........sorry but i have 2 more........DTA dont trust anybody NC is harsh cold and unforgiving (well supposed to be) make sure you get a reputable person to do everything.......i dont wanna get hasled by a nOOb (that would mean you) that someone stole there 2 slotted stilleto knife.

And The Last Greatest Piece of Advice I can give you.......if you see a warbot or a warbot titan.......or any other suitably named nasty over rank 50 (noticable by the * , ** , *** beside there name) please dont run up to it and hit it with your new brassknuckles.......wait a minute.....what am i saying.Um, forget that pleasae go and try it they goive you rares if you hit them in the nuts.....(man thats some of the funniest things ive ever seen in a game) mr 1/2 runs up to a warbot titan *** 85/85 sed titan then proceeds to shock and disintergrate the said nOOb.....and the sad thing

He Did it again and again and again and again.....eventually the server crashed because of the amount of his packs. so please.......keep doing it (nah realy dont im messing with you)

anyway if you are new and start playing on URANUS server then you can contact me i play as OATH if you get me then i wil give you all the advice you need for starting (please we need new players on uranus)

Ehyuko
01-05-03, 21:18
Store bought weapons are low quality, as are [most] mob dropped ones. Player made weapons are superior to store bought in every way.

Right click on a weapon to display it's stats, at the top is damage, frequency, etc. These are item dependant, based on the quality of the person that built it. Things coming from a store are generally about 20-40%, which makes using these weapons much harder for your skills.

The damage, rate of fire and aiming at the bottom are the effect your skills have on the weapon, modified by the quality stats of the weapon [numbers at the top].

The higher the Tech Level of the item, the lower the maximum quality cap will be [from around 100 to items under TL [tech level] 10 to 80 for TL 116 items.

Because store bought items are generally low quality [20-40%] and player made items are high quality [100-80%], using a player made weapon GREATLY helps aiming, rate of fire and doing damage.

Many tradeskillers [researchers, constructors and implanters] hang around in Plaza 1 in Neocron city, sometimes there are a lot of people talking and running around so be sure you are talking and trading the right person BEFORE you give him a item to be made.

How to get an item made:

First of all you need the item to be made or a blueprint of one. If you have an item, you need a researcher to make a blueprint of one, this blueprint is used up in the building process [or if the constructor fails badly] and also lists all the item parts you need to make this item. Researchers need research substance and empty datacubes to research, so bring some or tip well, the higher the TL the longer it takes [TL 116 items take about 2 minutes each try]. All blueprints are equal, but the skill of the researcher determines how long he takes and his success rate. A researcher needs AT LEAST the same skill in research as your item's TL, the failure rate is high until a researcher is 30+ points higher in research then the TL and only assured success if they have DOUBLE the TL of the item in skill.

After you have a blueprint and the item parts you require, take them to a constructor and give them to him. Just like a researcher, a constructor needs AT LEAST the same level of construction skill as your item, but construction skill DOES matter, as the quality of the item made is dependent on 3 things, 65% construction skill, 30% dex level and 15% int level. A constructor with high stats in int and dex can hit the quality cap of an item with much lower skill then a low level constructor [with low stats]. Again, success is only gaunteed if the constructor has skill double the TL of the item, on critical failures, the blueprint may be erased or some item parts may be destroyed.

Slots on an item are random, but infuenced by how close to the quality cap the constructor can build. A constructor that can cap quality has the same chances for slots as one with much higher skill, but some people perfer the higher level constructor just because they think they have better luck. The maximum number of slots you can have on an item are 5 [without using a rare slot enhancer], but often constructors build weapons without slots or with few numbers of slots much more frequently due to game mechanics.

After your item is made, it may have slots [empty white boxes in the upper right corner of the item], these can be filled with the appropriate kind of weapon mod. Some weapon mods, like barrel increase damage and range, others like gyro allow more shots in a burst to hit but are useless on single shot weapons. The maximum stats your weapon can have are 120% [in the top set of numbers], adding any kind of mod that will take these numbers beyond 120% has no effect. To mod a weapon, you need a weapon with slots, a weapon mod and a constructor. Modding weapons requires no construction lube and low skill, and takes a very short time. The most favored mods on a weapon now are ultima [a rare mod adding to almost all weapon stats], ammo type[ammo mods allow different kinds of ammo to be used, non-basic ammo does MORE damage then basic and does not count towards any of the stats on a weapon], barrel [increased range and damage], gyro [more shots in a burst hit] and bulletchamber [faster rate of fire].

Remember mods have to be the same kind as the item, you cannot use a heavy weapon barrel on anything except a heavy weapon.

You cannot use the same mod twice on a weapon EXCEPT if it is a high tech weapon, and then you need a high tech mod and a low tech mod to have the same mod. Example: A laser rifle with 2 free slots can have an energy barrel [high tech barrel] and a rifle barrel, but not 2 rifle barrels or energy barrels. Ammo mods follow the ammo type not weapon type, so be sure to check what you can use against what you are buying. Store bought mods have the same effect as player made mods.

Generally low TL items are very cheap and quick to make, if you lose your weapon or it becomes wrecked [too low in quality to use] and you cannot repair it or find a repairer, most people will give you a low level weapon for free if you ask. But beware, begging is very irritating, especially if a request is spammed repeatedly or large numbers of low level players come running to the same person. Also, low level items sell for very little money, begging for them and selling them is a MUCH slower way to make money [and gives zero xp] then killing mobs with them.

On multi character servers, you can make your own researcher/constructor and use him to equip your other characters, however on single character servers, you will need to learn to rely on others, but also because it's a single charater server, in general it's easier to find someone who will work for you [as I've found on multi charater servers people tend to build and research things themselves, and are more interested in getting the items to their own characters then making things for others]. Of course the server population on single char servers has less researchers and constructors, so in the end it's up to how you like to play and luck on finding the things and people you need.

[TgR]KILLER
01-05-03, 21:46
Sticky this tread ppl.. its a very good guide..

For ppl who wanna join Pluto.. u can always Dm ( direct message ) me or e-mail me ingame.. my nickname is [TgR]KILLER
i'm capped out ( means i got all the highest levels possible )

so i got almost always time :) i'm ready and willing to awnser your questions as u go :)

Garm
01-05-03, 21:51
Lets try and keep the comments in here centered around adding to the FAQ if possible so all of our new runners do not have to sift through pages and pages of comments. Thanks.

--Garm

Judge
01-05-03, 21:54
If any newbies on the Pluto server need help about anything mentioned or indeed anything at all then either direct chat Gibsnag, DX-Warlock or Phiberdelic phreaker. We are a clan devoted to helping newbies who come into neocrons rather vast learning curve. We we try to help you out as much as possible, if you want to search for our clan on the citycomm (Big yellow things, looks like a computer screen, that sticks off the wall in some places in the city) then we are called: Omega Training Centre

Arcadius
02-05-03, 05:49
Originally posted by Garm
Lets try and keep the comments in here centered around adding to the FAQ if possible so all of our new runners do not have to sift through pages and pages of comments. Thanks.

--Garm

:confused:

What do you mean exactly?

Like if I wanted to give tips to n00b monks who choose PPU as their path. Can I do that?

hose187
02-05-03, 06:30
One note. "Primary apartment" is an option in the services of nav-ray. It will take you to your starter apt. Much easier than remembering the street and all that.
It was already mentioned that Plaza 1 is the player meeting place. If you have trouble finding it, use the nav-ray (F9) to go to City Admin faction headquarters. That is in Plaza 1.

Drakor
02-05-03, 07:36
Over time your items get damaged. Just pulling an item out of your quickbelt and making it active can damage an item, even if you don't use it. So get in the habit of once or twice a night, checking the condition of ALL of your items. To do this:

1.) Open up your Inventory (Inv. F2), Armor (F3) and Implant (F4) screen. You need to check every item in all three of those boxes and in your Quickbelt.

2.) Put your cursor over the item that wish to check and RIGHT click on it. An information window will pop up telling you all kinds of information about that item.

3.) Look for for the stat call CONDITION. If its a brand new item that a high level player made for you, it will be 120%/120%. Once an item reaches around 35% or so, you will want to get it repaired. Law Enforcer Chips (LE or LE Chip for short) are a special exception, see below.

4.) If you can repair items because you put points into the Repair skill (listed under DEX), then you can do this yourself but don't feel bad if you can't. MOST Neocron folk can't repair their own stuff, so they have someone else do it for them. How do you go about getting it fixed? Head to Plaza 1. If you don't know where that is, hit F9 and have the Nav-Ray take you to City Admin HQ. When you see Plaza Sec-1 in the upper left hand corner of your screen, turn off the Nav Ray.

5.) Now wander around the bottom of Plaza 1 until you see the medicare building. Out front you will usually see LOTS of people. Just stand there for a few min. and see if anyone is advertising that they are doing repair work.

6.) Send them a Direct Message (DM) and ask them if they will repair items and what their fees are. Be aware that low level tech items like most of your gear won't take much effort or any expense for them to repair but they still might have a min. Before you open a trade window make SURE that they have responded and that you can afford their fee (if any). Once you get to around 20th level or so, you really should tip. Most tradeskillers use a lube or grease to do their work and they bear the cost of that lube/grease. At the very least you should cover the cost of that lube or provide it yourself when you ask the work to be done.

7.) How much should you tip? For a repair job, if you are 20th level or higher, you should be able to afford a tip of at least 1k per item repaired. If you are 30th or higher, you should tip considerably higher say around 2k or 3k per item. No matter what level you are, you should ALWAYS say "Thank you" when the job is over.

Law Enforcer Chip
=============
Don't panic if you look at this itemj and see that its condition is 19%. all LE Chips start at 19% when a character is first created. Getting another one made shouldn't be too difficult. If you are on the Pluto Server, send me a DM and I will help you out. Taking out an LE Chip (or putting it back in) takes 10 min. of REAL time. Each time the LE Chip is removed it will suffer 4% damage.

If you DO remove your LE Chip PUT IT IN YOUR GOGUARDIAN or in a CABINET IN YOUR STARTER APARTMENT. Do NOT carry it in your inventory. There is a bug in the game that affects LE Chips. If you have an LE Chip in your Inv. and you die or go linkdead, when you come back it will be PERMANENTLY gone. This bug has reached out and bitten me twice, so be very careful. It even affects LE Chips that were made by other players.

To say that taking out the LE Chip is serious business is putting it mildly. The LE Chip has three restrictions:

1.) It takes up space that could be used by a better implant.
2.) You cannot join a clan with one in.
3.) You take a very, very slight XP Penalty when its installed.
4.) You cannot hack someone else's QuickBelt (don't do this if you do take it out or you will make a lot of enemies).

Overall these restrictions are not that severe (they used to be far worse). Many folk may try to tempt you into removing it to join their clan and promise you all kinds of stuff if you join them. The old saying "If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is" still holds true especially in Neocron.

My advice would be to level to at least 20th level before you take it out. That way you can see for yourself how often people pk on your server before you decide to remove it.

The Most Important Advice
===================
Naturally, I saved the single most important advice for last. :) For the love of all that is holy PLEASE play on a server that speaks your language. If you speak only English then DON'T play on Jupiter or Venus for example. Pay attention to the language that is the primary language of that server.

Lastly, if you do speak more than one language please don't speak a language other than that server's primary language except in DM or Mail. Speaking german on the Pluto server in Local mode for example is considered rude to those that don't speak it and hear it. If you want to speak german on Pluto, do it in DM or mail. Common courtesy never goes out of style.

Drakor
Pluto Server

Spoon
02-05-03, 18:34
Q:What is all this junk(chitin, wire, metal plates and pipe, wood, glass and green, blue and brown poisenglands) I get from mobs I kill, the YO's venders won't give me any money for it?

A: These are raw materials that can be used to make basic components used in constructing.
To turn these raw materials into basic components you will need a Recycle Tool and some points in your Recycling subskill under DEX skill.
You can buy a TL30 Recycle tool at the YO's Vender in Plaza 2 for under 400 credits, you can also buy them at one of the many Crytons shops located all over the city for around 550 credits.
Using these Recycling Recipes (http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/recyclingrecipes.asp) you can produce basic chemicals by putting the recycle tool in your Processor(F9) and the required amount of junk as per the recipe and clicking the Start button(*NOTE* you will need Recycling points in your Recycling subskill that matches the TL(Tech Level) of the component you wish to make, example; to make Arillium you will need 2 points in Recycling and 3 Green Poisenglands, 1 Wood and 1 Chitin).

You won't get rich selling these components to Constructers, but you will get valuable XP points in your INT and DEX skills.

And that's only half of the reason that Recycling can be useful.
The biggest advantage to recycling is being able to clone ammo, Med-kits, PSI boosters and Stanima boosters.
You will notice that some of the junk you loot from mobs is sellable at a YO's vender(chitin scraps, animal skin and limbs, this is the type of junk you need to clone ammo etc.
To clone ammo or Med-kits you first need to check the TL of the item you wish to clone, do this by right clicking the item to get the info screen and check the "Tech Level" of the item.
You will need the amount of points in your recycling subskill that matches the items TL, usually around 15-30 points, sometimes more, sometimes less.
To clone you simply put the Recycling tool in the first slot of the processor window, then the item you wish to clone in the second slot, then fill the rest of the processor with junk and click the Start button and there you go, free ammo, med-kits and boosters.

The higher level mobs you kill, the more valuable their junk gets, the more valuable(higher resell price) the better results you get when cloning.
Also, in addition to dropping junk these higher level mobs also drop Implants and sometimes guns and armor, selling implants back to the Crytons Implant and Bone enforcement venders and selling looted guns and Armor back to A & W weapons and Armor dealers will get you a better price than selling all your loot to YO's.

Cloning not only saves you money, but it makes it more convenient to be able to keep hunting, rather than running back to the city to buy ammo or medkits all the time, as you venture further and further out of the city this will become more apparent.

psi-monk
07-05-03, 14:44
I think that the quests should be longer and more profetable for the players who finish them. The quests shoud also have some sugnificanse to the history of the game and the people around them. I'm a big fan of Dungeon And Dragons (D&D) third edition rules and right now I've been building a history for my world and to be honest it makes the game more realistic for the players to develope a history as they realize that what they do can acturely have a big impact on the game and the people around them.

:lol: :D

Ehyuko
09-05-03, 23:37
I've posted this under another thread in the forums, but believe this will help anyone new to Neocron and thus should be in the sticky.

Neocron City:

There are many great spots to level and make money in the city.

The Via Rosso and Plaza areas have sewers levels 1-3 where you can expect to find critters from 1/1 roaches to 15/15 plants on the upper levels and beggers and lazars on the lower levels [weak gun toting mobs].

Plaza and Pepper Park have the next step of hunting areas, abandoned rooms and sewers 4+5, where you can expect to meet creatures like mutant warriors, agressors and preachers, which should be fine to level on from rank 8-20.

If you get bored, have a group or just want a bit more of a challenge, head to industrial 2 or outzone 4 for the storage halls where you find things from agressors and buchees to cyclops launchers. The clops are 50/50 ranked mobs and will give you decent experience and loot to about level 30-40, but by this point you are ready to solo through the weaker parts of the wastelands.

Wastelands:

The wastelands contain many diferent ranks and types of mobs depending on the areas. It is important to tag as many gene reps as you can as you go from zone to zone, all warzones contain one, so you can use your nav ray once you are in a warzone to find it. If you are lower then level 20 it will be very dangerous to adventure solo, and even some rank 40+ will have a rough time if they are surprised by a high rank mob.

In the northwest [mostly barren terrain] there are more mechanical mobs from cyberhounds [10/10 or so] to warbot titans [85/85] and hoverbombers and giant hover stations [120/120]

In the north east there are mostly high rank poison and fire mobs, from sandworms [66/66] and raptors [60/60] to grim chasers [120/120]. The terrain is mostly desert or canyons. There are now Dome of York scoutbots and defence units in some of these areas, they have very long range and highly damaging attacks, be careful of them.

In the central regions it is mostly steppe [plains or rolling hills with some vegetation] or mountanous. In the mountain region you might find low ranking insects to hoverbombers, a wide variety of ranks can be found in this region so it's hard to say what the predominant ranks are. In the steppe regions you will also run into a variety of mob types and ranks, anything from wolves [8/8] to warbots[80/80] and decayed brutes [95/95], but the most common enemies are cyber guard types [10-30's] and spider sentries [50/50]. Word of warning decayed brutes are FAST, so be careful if you attack one.

In the eastern regions you mostly encounter fire mobs like in the northeasern sections, raptors to grims again, great for tanks to level on less so for the other classes that lack the fire protection type armour, or have a harder time using them. The terrain is mostly canyons.

In the western sections the terrain is mostly swamp, the home of many poison mobs. Most of these are fairly low ranked, and shouldn't be a problem to most people that can take a buchee. Some of the mobs run from weak insects to swamp stranglers [45/45] and gliders. There are several mutant camps in these zones, usually containing an assortment of mutant soldiers to buchees.

Areas and mobs to be careful of:

In some of the southeast sections there are mobs called Y replicants, these are very dangerous even to high ranking runners, they look like cyborgs and have excellent range. The Y trooper is an exception to this, it has short range and does very good damage, but is much weaker then the commanders and sargents, still be careful even 50/50 runners have problems with these sometimes.

Warbots in the northern and central regions have a parashock type of attack that slows you as well as a highly damaging energy beam and rockets, be careful if you get too close as if you can't handle them once they shock you you will likely die.

Low level runners should watch out for buchees, they have a strong melee attack and throw homing grenades. If you stay in constant motion you can avoid the grenades, but they will be difficult to hit without taking hits yourself.

Brutes in the steppe regions like I said earlier, are very fast and only high level runners with very high runspeeds or people on vehicles can keep ahead of these. If you fight one for the first time, expect a brute to close to melee range while firing fireballs.

High ranking mobs, such as hoverbots, grims, terrors or decayed types are generally very dangerous to any runner lower then 50/50 [tanks are an exception, they can take these creatures earlier mainly due to their high con and armour, still these mobs can do lots of damage so watch your health].

DoY [dome of york] mobs are very dangerous to solo runners, they have a long range attack and do lots of damage. As with anything else be careful when fighting these for the first time.

The eastern zones also often have Twilight Guardian faction guards scattered through them. If you have TG as a faction enemy they will attack on sight.

Caves and cellers in the wastelands:

Caves and storage ares in the wastelands are fairly hard and generally contain mobs that do damage types similar ot others in their region. The swamp caves have 70-100 ranked mobs that do lots of poison damage, the crystal caves have very hard to hit bats that do piercing and poison damage, the chaos caves in the east contain mobs that do energy and fire damage, the cellers in abandoned towns generally contain ceres war type mobs [troopers and veterans] that fire VERY strong rockets, the caves in the desert contain mainly soulclusters that do energy damage [ranks from 90-110].

The swamp cave in the Gravis uplink zone, the crystal cave 2 zones east of Tech Haven, the Chaos Caves in the cycrow lab zone, the desert cave south of Tescom, the Grave east of Tescom, and the celler of Point Red all contain "bosses", a single high ranked individual mob that only spawns in these areas. The caves themselves are full of high ranked mobs also, so getting to the boss is hard for small groups. These bosses drop specific items that can only be had from their dead bodies, and thus are often hunted by high ranking groups.

Caves and celler mobs only respawn once everyone has left them, so you do not have to worry about a path out if you carefully clear the mobs away from the entrance.

Nidhogg
03-07-03, 18:31
Renamed thread to just "Newbie FAQ" as part of a general sticky cleanup.

Also, if you're reading this looking for the answer as to why the Neocron launcher keeps trying to download patch #160 over and over again, just delete patch #159 and try again. This is a common problem and I don't think it's mentioned in any of the stickies so far.

N

Apathy
11-07-03, 03:35
Thank you, this helps quite a bit.

[TgR]KILLER
19-07-03, 15:55
Originally posted by Nidhogg

Also, if you're reading this looking for the answer as to why the Neocron launcher keeps trying to download patch #160 over and over again, just delete patch #159 and try again. This is a common problem and I don't think it's mentioned in any of the stickies so far.

N

Or.. Just download the update launcher show at the launcher page itself.. i'll be a nice guy and LINK (ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches/NeocronLauncher.exe) it for u.. Happy gaming

Mc Cloud
27-07-03, 05:29
how do i reactivate an account ?

Nidhogg
27-07-03, 12:49
Originally posted by Mc Cloud
how do i reactivate an account ? If the account was purchased retail then it can be reactivated through the Account Information (https://www.neocron.com/account/accinfo.php) page. If you are reactivating a full account that started as a 10-day trial then you have to contact account@neocron.com with your details. Hope that helps.

N

Nidhogg
27-07-03, 17:35
If Neocron opens up to a black screen and four empty boxes for video driver, sound driver etc., read below:

I had a problem with a dial_up account from Freeserve (uk) where the auto-dialer program provided for connection clashed with the neocron configuration program. Resulting in exactly what you are seeing. Black screen 4 boxes no options to select.

The way arround it for me was to:
1.) ctrl-alt-del to bring up task manager
2.) end task on the auto-dialer
3.) run the configure neocron app, select primary driver etc
4.) reboot to get auto-dialer working again

Then neocron ran fine.Tip courtesy of Kain, via LordJammer. Good work guys. :)

N

Nidhogg
14-08-03, 18:54
If your game crashes to the desktop whenever you press UP or DOWN (for example) and you're using a USB keyboard, turn off numlock and the crashes will stop.

N

J. Folsom
16-08-03, 16:01
First of all, this is not a question, it is an explanation of how resists work, though comments and correction are most welcomed.

I'd also like to add that this is based off of neocron.ems.ru (http://neocron.ems.ru) a great statistical site...

Also, if you're looking for exact setups, you've come to the wrong place, this is all merely advice.

Not to forget, this is a looong post, make sure you''ve got more then a minute before starting your reading. ;)

Anyway...

Should I take resists?

This is very dependant on your play style, and whether you're interested in PvP or not, in general for PvP it's advisable to try to get your resists and armor totals as rounded as possible, especially Energy, Fire and Xray defense important for PvP, as you'll probably be facing that the most... However, force and pierce are another major damage type in PvP, but luckily Force Resistance (Which adds to both force and pierce defense) is a strength based skill, so unless you're a psi monk it's pretty easy to get it up to high values.
Poison was incredibly strong (and popular) for one patch, but in recent times has been nerfed... You might still want to get some defense for it though, but you probably won't need as much as the others.

As for PvM, you should probably base your resists and armor on what you fight the most, if you're mostly hunting in the canyons, go for high fire resist and armor, while those who prefer hunting warbots and other mechanical monstrosities might prefer going for high x-ray and energy armors... There are also 3 dungeons in which the monsters use poison damage, these are the graves (K13), the bat/crystal caves (Near Tech Haven) and the chaos caves (Canyon Reloading Point (Cycrow Lab), and close to the TG canyon.).

How much should I spend?

This is very dependant on the armor you can get, and thus very class dependant. It also helps in this case if you know how the resists and armor work.

Basically, every resist point up to 100 skill will count as 0.9 armor, after 100 it get's a bit weird, a resist truly caps once you reach 114 skill in it, any points beyond that are lost.

Knowing this, you can calculate how much damage reduction you get from your armor and resists. Every point of armor (Up til 100), will give a 0.66% damage reduction, meaning that roughly every 25 armor gives 16.5% damage reduction, with 100 defense gives 66% damage reduction.
After that it get's weird again...

These are tables depicting the values given above 100 for the armor and resists:

Resist | Armor added
--------------------
100 | 90
101 | 97
102 | 101
103 | 103
104 | 105
105 | 107
107 | 110
110 | 114
114 | 119

Defense | Damage Absorbed
-------------------------
100 | 66%
125 | 71%
150 | 73%
175 | 75%
200 | 76%

Keeping this in mind, you could say that the optimal value for defense is 125, since after that the damage reduced for investment made get's small... Of course, if you have nothing else in the skill to spend points on, you might just as well get it further up, of course that's usually only applicable to resist force. ;)

Defense, speed or health?

This is a pretty good question, but basically it depends on your play style, your weapons, and, of course, your class.
For example, a tank can usually get away with spending less points in athletics, as you can spend quite a lot of points in agility, most psi monks will probably choose to do the same, so they can get more in their other constitution skills.

This is most difficult to choose for spies and PE's, as you'll always be sacrificing either damage or defense, so you'll have to try to find an optimal balance. Of course, you might think that stealth activators make the choice easier, but that's not completely true, you have to sacrifice points which could have gone to raising your damage by taking stealth activators, though for spies that choice is marginally easier, as all spies use high-tech weapons...

Of course, now I'm forgetting about droners, who also have a tough choice here, should you sacrifice some of your remote control in favor of stealth, or would you be better off with higher agility? Or perhaps, you should take repair as that way you won't have to return to the city as often to get your drones repaired... This is all personal choice, though if you've built up your resists well as droner, I'd advise going for stealth, as that way if you're quick enough to leave your drone if someone's shooting you, you'll at least have some chance of escape.
As for what stealth to choose, I'd go for stealth II, as it provides the optimal balance between length and cost.

Also, never forget about health, I usually advice to take at least 50 points in this, with other boosts coming from implants. I'd also advice taking at least 50 athletics, as you'll never get a reasonable speed purely from agility, no matter what your class happens to be.

Armor and implants what to use?

Most people are pretty confused about what adds what in the first place... Anyway, the bone enforcements add to the actual armor values, not to the resists, all other implants however, will add to your resists.

As for good choice of armor? As a PE or Tank, in PvP you'll probably want to go for a mix of duranit/duranium and inquisition armor, spies are more difficult, though it might be advisable to get your strength up some, as this'll allow you to equip some pieces of inquisition armor. This, along with a heavy energy protection belt, allows you to still get reasonably good fire and energy defense, the anti-radiation suit is also incredible x-ray protection, though it offers no other bonuses.

In PvM, of course, just equip as much defense as possible for the damage you'll be dealing with.

Good implants in general are:

MOVEON (BioTech epic reward, no requirements, +3 strength and constitution, and a boost to resist force, transport, melee combat, heavy combat, body health and endurance)
ProtoPharm Resistor (ProtoPharm Epic reward, no requirements, +15 energy, fire, xray and force resistance)

There's also two 'uncommon' armors, which might be of interest:

Viper King Armor (18.4 force, 36.8 pierce and 36.8 poison, needs 60 strength)
Titan Armor (8.2 force, 32.8 pierce, 41.0 fire, need 55 strength)

Specific classes might want some other implants as well, though which are advisable to use I'll leave up to you.

Danae
25-08-03, 10:45
How to change subscription times:

Currently, to subscribe to a new payment schedule you must cancel your account, then reactivate it chosing a different time period. This change will not take effect until the current subscription has run out.

----------------------------------------------------

About cancelling:

For regular accounts - you can use https://www.neocron.com/account and click Cancel Your Neocron Subscription or log into worldpay.com/shopper and cancel your agreement there. Sometimes it takes time for our database and worldpay's database to synch and the reactivate buttons do not always appear immediately. If after 4 hours the buttons still aren't there when you login to https://www.neocron.com/account/accinfo.php please email account@neocron.com and we will look to see if the account has been fully cancelled.

For trial accounts - Never cancel your trial account at worldpay. Use https://www.neocron.com/account and click on Cancel Neocron Subscription only!

----------------------------------------------------

How to reactivate:

For regular accounts - You may reactivate your account by going to:

https://www.neocron.com/account/accinfo.php and logging in with your Neocron username and password.

Once you log in, scroll down a bit and you will see three buttons, these are your payment/billing cycle choices: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months. Chose the option that bests suits your needs, and remember this is a reoccurring charge so you will be billed continuously for whichever option you have chosen (ie. every month or every three months or every six months).

After you chose your payment/billing option you will be sent to a screen where you chose your credit card type and currancy. Make sure you chose the proper information and continue. The next steps are fairly self explainitory, just fill in your details and continue to reactivate the account.

For trial accounts - If you wish to reactivate your trial account please email account@neocron.com and we can reactivate it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------

How to get your Worldpay ID and Password if you do not remember it and have not cancelled your Neocron account:

Email us and ask us for your futurepay ID, then go to:

https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/AutoShopperPasswordServlet?lang=en&path=http%3A%2F%2Fselect.worldpay.com%2Fwcc%2Fadmin

Put in the email you used when you registered your Neocron/Worldpay accounts, and your Futurepay ID.

------------------------------------------------------

If you have any issues that are with worldpay please contact them at: shopperhelp@worldpay.com

-----------------------------------------------------

If you are stuck and need assistance please email account@neocron.com

------------------------------------------------------

Please remember if you are unsure email us. Never ever ever give your login or personal information to someone who doesn't work for Reakktor.

We try to help you as fast as possible. Over the weekends our supervisor is generally not in the office so if it is a matter of you having a payment problem (over paying, payment not being taken, account expired that should not be, etc) you usually have to wait for our supervisor to get back into the office to deal with those problems. So I apologize for any inconvenience. If you have submitted an account ticket and wish to find out the status on it, just email me danae@neocron.com and I can look into it for you. I personally work doing english email support from 8am-4pm UK time or 9am to 5pm UK time but I spent loads of personal time doing it as well. So you will get an email if I'm around. Emailing me is definitly the fastest way to get my attention.

I hope all this informaiton helps.

J. Folsom
30-08-03, 15:57
Tihs is an ASCII chart depcting relationships between the various factions, note that Dome of York relations and Anarchy Breed relations are actually built up checking out the hostility of NPCs belonging to these factions, they are not (currently) playable factions.

This chart also nicely shows you the meaning of common faction abbreviations, which might be helpful if you're new to Neocron.

O = Allied
X = Hostile
= Neutral
CA = CityAdmin
DRE = Diamond Real Estate
NEXT = NEXT
TT = Tangent Technologies
BioT = BioTech
PP = ProtoPharm
TS = Tsunami Syndicate
BD = Black Dragon
CS = Crahn Sect
CM = City Mercs
DoY = Dome of York
AB = Anarchy Breed
FA = Fallen Angels
TG = Twilight Guardian

| CA |DRE |NEXT| TT |BioT| PP | TS | BD | CS | CM |DoY | AB | FA | TG
----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----
CA | O | O | O | O | O | O | X | X | X | | X | X | | X
DRE| O | O | O | O | | | O | X | | O | X | X | | X
NEXT| O | O | O | O | | X | | | | O | X | X | O | X
TT | O | O | O | O | X | | | | | O | X | X | X | X
BioT| O | | | X | O | O | O | O | X | O | X | X | | X
PP | O | | X | | O | O | X | O | O | O | X | X | |
TS | X | O | | | O | X | O | X | X | | O | O | O | O
BD | X | X | | | O | O | X | O | O | X | O | O | X | X
CS | X | | | | X | O | X | O | O | | O | X | X | O
CM | | O | O | O | O | O | | X | | O | X | X | | X
DOY| X | X | X | X | X | X | O | O | O | X | O | | O | O
AB | X | X | X | X | X | X | O | O | X | X | | O | O | O
FA | | | O | X | | | | X | X | | O | O | O | O
TG | X | X | X | X | X | | | X | O | X | O | O | O | O

nobby
11-09-03, 22:58
hi, i know this is an FAQ so i thought this might be the best pace to pst this question, what is the difference between minimim installation and maximum instalation?

Vampire222
12-09-03, 00:05
2 big files (uhh one even i think) will stay on your cd on small install.. saves you like 500 mb space

TraumaTeam
13-10-03, 18:26
To turn off the head bob, do the following:

(Thanks to Nidhogg for the information!)

/set ctrl_bob <amount>

where <amount> is a real number between 0.0 (no bob) and 1.0 (maximum bob)

J. Folsom
14-10-03, 13:00
Originally posted by TraumaTeam
To turn off the head bob, do the following:

(Thanks to Nidhogg for the information!)

/set ctrl_bob <amount>

where <amount> is a real number between 0.0 (no bob) and 1.0 (maximum bob) If you always want to have head bobbing off, open Neocron\ini\Control.ini, find "set ctrl_bob", and change the 1.0 after it to 0.0.

nobby
21-10-03, 20:48
hi, look at my start up problem thread, could anyone hel me, noone has given me the best answer so far! :(

TraumaTeam
13-11-03, 00:37
On the World Map (available from the NavRay F9 window), you can use the buttons in the lower-left corner to get information about the outposts. Here is some info on what those abbreviations mean:

AN - Attack No One.
AE - Attack Enemies.
AFr - Attack Non-Friendlies (AFAIK lets allies in but neutrals not)
AFa - Attack All Not in Faction.
AC - Attack All Not in Clan.

GrA - Allow Genrep Travel for all.
GrFr - Allow Genrep Travel for Only Allies.
GrFa - Allow Genrep Travel for Only Faction.
GrC - Allow Genrep Travel for Only Clan.

[Props to QuantumDelta for the info...]

TraumaTeam
14-11-03, 17:51
Additional information on the OP status in the global map:

When you're in the same zone as an OP (outpost), you get a bonus depending on the setting of the OP (see below) and the type of facility:
- Factory - construction bonus
- Lab - research bonus
- Mine - recycle bonus
- Uplink - hacking bonus
- Fortress - fighting skill bonus (TC/HC/MC/RC/PC/WEP only)

The bonuses are based on your relationship to the clan that controls the facility:
- Enemies: +15
- Neutral/Allies: +25
- Same Faction: +35
- Same Clan: +50

The clan that controls the facility can also control who gets the bonus. (The "attack" setting determines this. If it's set to AN, everyone in the zone gets the bonus. If it's set to AE, everyone but enemies will get the bonus. And so on...)

Remember - you just need to be in the zone and not in the OP itself.

(Many thanks to Maarten, Phlith, Keiron, and QuantumDelta for this information!)

Talismar
22-11-03, 20:39
I'm looking for further information on the neocron.ini ... might mention NOSPLASH = "TRUE" and NOEXTO= "TRUE" to get rid of the opening splash screen and the credits screen when you quit (Since there doesn't seem to be much information about the ini settings in the forum that I've found)

Also I was wondering how I managed to get a large GOGO window on one account ... not complaining - I like it and would like to duplicate it :) By large I mean I can see the entire contents at once rather then the little 2x5 window.

J. Folsom
07-12-03, 18:10
Talismar, I'm pretty certain you can enlarge your Gogo window by clicking on the bottom right corner of the window and dragging it downwards.

Talismar
11-12-03, 07:35
Hmm thought I tried that ... guess I'll try again :)

alexxp
22-01-04, 16:14
[ edited - banned ]

Mr. Chainsaw
22-01-04, 19:18
You can enlarge the GOGO window?

<slaps forehead> Thank you Folsom!

Tratos
02-03-04, 21:40
Updated Information

The Law Enforcer (LE) chip has now changed to what is stated in the eariler part of this FAQ.

The chip does not! take a portion of your xp and money when hunting
This chip now cannot be put back into your head after you reach rank XX/30
If you alt tab while taking the LE out it will seem to stick at 100% for ever when the chip is at 100% removed simply relog and the chip will come out after around 20 seconds

The Gene Replicator has also slightly changed since the writing of this FAQ.

Some outpost may tell you that you cannot Gr there this is because the owning clan has dissallowed access to your faction
If you try to GR to one of these "locked Ops" after you die you will be teleported to your appartment

Just thought i'd clear that up!

~Tratos

Nidhogg
02-07-04, 20:09
In honour of Tratos and Celt...

The retail patches can be downloaded quickly from the following ftp site:

ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches/

N

Douglas Quaid
02-07-04, 22:47
This is an interesting game and yes I am new to it. This information in the post is very helpful. I sure it will make playing more fun.
Good luck

Dribble Joy
15-07-04, 18:33
I'd also like to add that this is based off of neocron.ems.ru (http://neocron.ems.ru) a great statistical site... Unfortunately this site has not been updated for a LONG time.

Basically, every resist point up to 100 skill will count as 0.9 armor, after 100 it get's a bit weird, a resist truly caps once you reach 114 skill in it, any points beyond that are lost.

Knowing this, you can calculate how much damage reduction you get from your armor and resists. Every point of armor (Up til 100), will give a 0.66% damage reduction, meaning that roughly every 25 armor gives 16.5% damage reduction, with 100 defense gives 66% damage reduction.
After that it get's weird again...
Just to clerify a few things.

Armour is broken down into two parts. Armour and resists.

Resists as mentioned above add to your total armour value a given amount.
Up to resist 99 the armour bonus is resistx0.9.
After then reists are more 'valuable' than armour.
The point where the bonus from reists stop, Ie. cap, is at resist 114, which equates to +119 armour.

The armour value and the armour bonus from resists gives a total armour value. This gives a cirtain absorbtion of dmg taken, acording to two linear relationships.
A steep one from 0 armour up to about 111 armour and a shallow one up from there to the 200 armour cap. You can obtain armour values above 200, but it will count as 200.

The key to a setup is the balance between armour (total) and hit points.
I'll leave that up to people to find themsleves.

ichinin
26-07-04, 20:44
1. Press F1 to activate the communications window (Hypercom) (Picture 1)

2. Click on Custom (Picture 2)

3. Scroll down (scrollbar right) to "Player to Player help" channel (Picture 3)

4. Left click TO THE LEFT of the channel name to make a small X appear, This will unmute that particular channel - all are muted by default (Picture 4)

5. Unmute some other essential channels, like Faction, Trade-NC, IMP/REP/RES/CSTR/BTR-Neocron, note the X left of the channel names. (Picture 5)

To mute a channel again, just remove (left click) the X left of the channel name.

(Done.. Mods, please sticky this thread, or i'll sticky my Flazer Healing Light to the next noob who asks.)

Xylaz
27-07-04, 02:25
someone make it STICKY pls

Dribble Joy
27-07-04, 03:11
I concur.

Also, add something similar to the help window that pops up on logging in.

ashman
08-09-04, 22:22
Thanks for this great FAQ, it is quite useful ^^"

deedlit
09-09-04, 13:10
Great post if i may say, this will help me a great deal to lvl and to play more pationat ingame.

Errant911
10-09-04, 23:25
I forgot the cmd to reset your position, could someone please enlighten me?

Juht
10-09-04, 23:44
/set reset_position 1

J. Folsom
07-10-04, 17:05
An updated version of the faction relationship table I posted before. Relationships may not be 100% correct, as I didn't have a chance to check all factions, because of this it's partially based on assumptions. The basic hostile/friendly stuff should be correct however.

O = Allied
X = Hostile
= Neutral
CA = CityAdmin
NEXT = NEXT
BioT = BioTech
PP = ProtoPharm
TS = Tsunami Syndicate
BD = Black Dragon
CS = Crahn Sect
CM = City Mercs
DoY = Dome of York (NPC faction, not selectable for players.)
AB = Anarchy Breed (NPC faction, not selectable for players. Exception: Pandore)
FA = Fallen Angels
TG = Twilight Guardian

CA | O | O | O | O | O | O | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
DRE | O | O | O | O | | | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
NEXT| O | O | O | O | | | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
TT | O | O | O | O | | | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
BioT| O | | | | O | O | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
PP | O | | | | O | O | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
TS | X | X | X | X | X | X | O | | | | | | O | O
BD | X | X | X | X | X | X | | O | O | | | | |
CS | X | X | X | X | X | X | | O | O | | | X | | O
CM | | | | | | | | | | O | | X | |
DOY | X | X | X | X | X | X | | | | | O | ? | |
AB | X | X | X | X | X | X | | | X | X | ? | O | |
FA | X | X | X | X | X | X | | | | | | | O | O
TG | X | X | X | X | X | X | | | O | X | | | O | O

Philchow
07-10-04, 17:06
AB = Anarchy Breed (NPC faction, not selectable for players)

Selectable for players on Pandore. ;)

J. Folsom
07-10-04, 17:55
Selectable for players on Pandore. ;)
Noted and changed in the chart, thanks.

Anyone in Anarchy Breed on Pandore willing to check whether they're attacked by DoY bots or not?

EDIT:

Also, as an addition to the FAQ area:

Neocron 2 comes with 10 different possible RPOS colour sets, which can be changed using the /set gfx_hudcolor command. For example "/set gfx_hudcolor 0" sets it to the default look. I'd definitely advice checking all 10 of them out, as it's quite likely you'll like one of the other 9 better than the default one.

Philchow
08-10-04, 05:55
Noted and changed in the chart, thanks.

Anyone in Anarchy Breed on Pandore willing to check whether they're attacked by DoY bots or not?

Nope.

Yet, Crahn are ennemies to AB in DoY (think Crahn's guards shoot AB).

J. Folsom
08-10-04, 10:11
Final version now. Thanks to Philchow for the AB info.

O = Allied
X = Hostile
? = Unknown, but friendly
= Neutral
CA = CityAdmin
NEXT = NEXT
BioT = BioTech
PP = ProtoPharm
TS = Tsunami Syndicate
BD = Black Dragon
CS = Crahn Sect
CM = City Mercs
DoY = Dome of York (NPC faction, not selectable for players.)
AB = Anarchy Breed (NPC faction, not selectable for players. Exception: Pandore)
FA = Fallen Angels
TG = Twilight Guardian

CA | O | O | O | O | O | O | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
DRE | O | O | O | O | | | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
NEXT| O | O | O | O | | | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
TT | O | O | O | O | | | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
BioT| O | | | | O | O | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
PP | O | | | | O | O | X | X | X | | X | X | X | X
TS | X | X | X | X | X | X | O | | | | ? | | O | O
BD | X | X | X | X | X | X | | O | O | | ? | | |
CS | X | X | X | X | X | X | | O | O | | ? | X | | O
CM | | | | | | | | | | O | ? | X | | X
DOY | X | X | X | X | X | X | ? | ? | ? | ? | O | ? | ? | ?
AB | X | X | X | X | X | X | | | X | X | ? | O | |
FA | X | X | X | X | X | X | | | | | ? | | O | O
TG | X | X | X | X | X | X | | | O | X | ? | | O | O

Sakletare
10-10-04, 20:28
This version of the faction symps is a bit more accurate (and pretty ;)).
http://www.sakletare.net/nc2_symps.pdf

joran420
12-10-04, 20:40
AB npc's as crahn ar e definatly not neutral to me

Sakletare
12-10-04, 21:24
I made my version even prettier and changed the file name.
http://www.sakletare.net/nc2_factions.pdf

Drexel
13-10-04, 04:25
@ Sakletare

Could you change the shade of the Red & Green you have used, when i print this in Black & White (damn cheap work printer) the colors currently look identicly Grey (the yellow is fine).

Thanks in Advance.

Sakletare
13-10-04, 17:39
@ Sakletare

Could you change the shade of the Red & Green you have used, when i print this in Black & White (damn cheap work printer) the colors currently look identicly Grey (the yellow is fine).

Thanks in Advance.
Sorry, i have a color laser printer at work, wasn't thinking.
Here's a black & white version: http://www.sakletare.net/nc2_factions_bw.pdf

Enjoy. :)

C|u
30-10-04, 09:16
where do i find neocron client? on the site i found only the Neocron 2 client, do i need this? in future what will we need to play? neocron 2 or 1? hel plse

J. Folsom
02-11-04, 18:22
where do i find neocron client? on the site i found only the Neocron 2 client, do i need this? in future what will we need to play? neocron 2 or 1? hel plse
Neocron 2 is what you need.

rene[G]ade
01-12-04, 05:15
I going to download cilent, some one can tell me cost for play ?

Morpheus
09-12-04, 07:27
ade']I going to download cilent, some one can tell me cost for play ?

Payment = 13€ per month (if you start a new NC2 account).

for upgrading a NC1 account to NC2 = 20€ (once) with 1 month gameplay included. Then also 13€ per month

greetz

Ghost_Raven
21-09-05, 22:33
I've just started out as a Psi Monk, but the game will not let me use Psi powers because I dont have a PSI AMP, what is it and where can I buy/get one?

Thanks for any help

eprodigy
21-09-05, 22:38
that means you dont have a PSI glove on. in NC you can get them in pepper park 3, in doy any PSI store around. you should start with one on a monk; move the glove to the proper spot on your F3 implant window.

Ghost_Raven
21-09-05, 22:42
that means you dont have a PSI glove on. in NC you can get them in pepper park 3, in doy any PSI store around. you should start with one on a monk; move the glove to the proper spot on your F3 implant window.

Oh I didn't know you need to implant it thanxs

eprodigy
21-09-05, 22:51
it doesnt need to be implanted in by an implanter; you can just place it on (like a glove =))

cApNhOwDy
03-11-05, 04:21
I"m interested in this game. If I get Neocron 2, will I have missed out on the all of the events that took place in Neocron 1? Is Neocron 2 an expansion pack, or a completely different game altogether?

Asurmen Spec Op
03-11-05, 05:13
I"m interested in this game. If I get Neocron 2, will I have missed out on the all of the events that took place in Neocron 1? Is Neocron 2 an expansion pack, or a completely different game altogether?

Completely different

Nidhogg
03-11-05, 11:17
Actually that's quite a political question. Technically it's an expansion pack but one that includes the original game so you don't need to have previously bought Neocron 1 to play. It was later renamed from Neocron: Beyond Dome of York to Neocron 2 by our publishers in an attempt to avert any confusion in that area. Unfortunately that had impacts in other areas as the game was reviewed as a sequel rather than an expansion. Still, live and learn. ;)

N

/edit - if anyone wishes to contest this please PM me or start a thread in Comm Talk. The FAQ is not the place to discuss it. Before creating a thread though, perform a search and you'll find MJS clearly stating the points above.

RogerRamjet
03-11-05, 16:16
Why were Kami chips and MC5s without requirements removed?

Dribble Joy
03-11-05, 16:33
Quite obvious why reqs were added to MC5s, as for Kamis, no idea...

Not that they would be of much use anyway with the current skill system.

voormis
04-11-05, 21:48
I have never played this game...

Is there a way to d/l the Neocron 1 client and play for free? I was under the impression the first game was free to play?

Nidhogg
04-11-05, 23:24
I have never played this game...

Is there a way to d/l the Neocron 1 client and play for free? I was under the impression the first game was free to play?
We are no longer accepting new Neocron 1 accounts. You can download the Neocron 2 client and create a trial if you wish.

N

cApNhOwDy
06-11-05, 03:18
Actually that's quite a political question. Technically it's an expansion pack but one that includes the original game so you don't need to have previously bought Neocron 1 to play. It was later renamed from Neocron: Beyond Dome of York to Neocron 2 by our publishers in an attempt to avert any confusion in that area. Unfortunately that had impacts in other areas as the game was reviewed as a sequel rather than an expansion. Still, live and learn. ;)

N

/edit - if anyone wishes to contest this please PM me or start a thread in Comm Talk. The FAQ is not the place to discuss it. Before creating a thread though, perform a search and you'll find MJS clearly stating the points above.

That's awesome! So I'm guessing that means that the Neocron Evolution 2.1 patch will work with "Neocron 1", right? Do I need to buy both Neocron 1 and 2 or just Neocron 2 in order to play both 1 and 2?

Nidhogg
06-11-05, 13:55
If you've already got Neocron 1 characters then you will be able to have them moved over to NC2 (and therefore Evol 2.1) but if you don't then you won't be able to create an NC1 account (as stated a few posts up), in which case you'll have to use NC2.

N

cApNhOwDy
13-11-05, 01:30
But Neocron 2 has all of the Neocron 1 quests, so both the Neocron 1 and 2 quests will get graphical updates, right?

Dribble Joy
13-11-05, 03:21
NC2 is an upgrade of various features from NC1, everything (quest wise) is in NC2 as NC2 is the same game with add-ons.

Most quests are simply talk to NPC X, talk to NPC Y, kill NPC Z, etc. so as for gfx, all that might happen is that the NPC models might change.

Bluedragonnn
21-08-06, 03:09
since everyone looks at this thread cna sumeoen post on my thread "trial file corrupt" and help me?
:angel:

Slideways
22-10-06, 06:46
Hm, my account works.

erine
01-12-06, 21:06
Hey I received an email and a link in it, they have great services. They
Offer power leveling, rentals, they buy and sell, they can even trade. Check
Out **********.com (http://**********.com)

LuCiD
16-12-07, 22:58
edit: sorry, mispost