PDA

View Full Version : Torteth's Farewell

Torteth
21-03-03, 13:20
Ugh, here I am doing what I never thought I'd do... (and what I flamed people for doing...) I cancelled my account a month ago and it expired yesterday... What I'm trying to say is...:

Torteth is leaving... (And He* is writing a "Quit Post.")

"WHO!?!!@1!!1ONE!@?!!??" I hear you say...

I wasnt all that well known, I kept a low profile, mostly to avoid PKers and when they added the LE chip level cap, I jammed my LE back in. So I dont have a big name like FatalWolf, Joystick or the other big name PKers... But I had fun, made a big enough name for myself and carved a niche for myself in the grim unforgiving city of Neocron.

I saw many things in my time, mostly good for neocron, some in my opinion bad. Neocron has survived Nerfs, Wipes, Bans, and having community that I can only describe as mostly BAD...

Anyway, onwards...

I think firstly I have to thank all the workers at KK and all the Copbots that patrol these forums. Great work guys, although when I used to follow the forums (July 2002 till Febuary 2003) any GM's name or the holy letters KK were ever followed with were curse words. So I shall stick to this tradition and say: "GMs, KK workers, Copbots FUCKING ROCK!!!"

Next I have to thank the small group of people that made my Neocron experience fun and/or memorable. In no order his a list of the ones I can remember:
trunkeh, FBI, flyl, lilpengy, Coda, Zephon, Farsight, Epzilon, Extirpator, MrJam, Codename V, DX-Defender, Perminator, lexxuk, Andilizer, ostrich as well as some people from NAT and all those members of my clan "The Triad" in the beta.
You guys really do rock! Of course there are more, as well as people I met in #neocron and here on the forums but they are far too numerous to mention.
Finally, CoLdFuZiOn & Thug2thug2thug2, although you two were PKers, you made Neocron so much more enjoyable for me. CF pked me one day, when I had not been playing Neocron for more than 2 hours. the next week I was 10 ranks higher than him, just because he gave me a reason to level. He still PKed me (I refused to stoop to using phospher, a tactic he used to the full!) for a few weeks, but after a while...

So anyway, I hope everyone here has fun with neocron, I still have my trusty CDs here, begging to be installed and I have all the patchs... So maybe after DOY gets settled in I'll re-activate my account, who knows.

If anyone sees a Torteth in future MMORPGs, (I plan to play Planetside but dont expect to see me in SWG or WOW) gimme a yell and tell me you played Neocron. My name is unique to me (thankfully, after what happened to Paradox :P) and if I recognise you I'll be sure to yell back... :)

Anyway, This Is Torteth Signing Out...

*Although my character was A Female, Purple Wearing, Gun Totting, LE Using, Blonde Spy, I am actually a 16 Y/O guy from Australia...

PS: If only I had Technitium's skill at
ABUSING YOUR EYES WITH COLOUR, that would make this post somthing to remember...

SlaZ
21-03-03, 14:01
Good luck.

Coldfuzion was quite the character in beta.

FBI
21-03-03, 15:04
I'll see you soon torteth. Yes it's a shame someone on planetside
stole my fking name. Thankfully, a zero at the end seemed to
help. You were a very good player and to me popular because
when i try to think of the people i know in nc, your name pops
up relatively quick ;)

Catch ya in planetside.

Torteth
21-03-03, 15:06
hah, the great FBI graces my thread with his presence... You, lilpengy and Coda pop straight up in my mind, you three defined Neocron for me!

Keep on rocking FBI, we'll have to do some cool shit in Planetside together!

FBI
21-03-03, 15:15
Rawr :)

I remember you were the only one who constructed for me when
i was on the go or in plaza2. Eto_times2 would research for me
as well in beta. You both were twins (same models) so i could
never tell you two apart :p

I'm starting to get back into Americas Army and BF1942 again.
I really like playing jedi knight II: the outcast daily for quick
slicey dicey action and quake3 instagib to train my precision
with a rail gun.

DO you play any of these ? heh

Thane
21-03-03, 15:17
*me waves* :(

Flyl
21-03-03, 19:07
I remember in beta, when Batqueen bones were first implemented, you came down into a newbie sewer as a ** spy, I can't remember why you were in the sewers, but you showed me these bones and it was like the first time I'd ever saw them (Im a noob I know ^^)

Shame to see you're joining the increasingly large list of my friends that're leaving. Good luck in whatever you choose to become addicted to next, drop me a line sometime - have fun! ^^

Codename: V
21-03-03, 22:38
NEED A POKE!!! ;)

You saved me innumerable times back when I was a 2-chev Tank and just couldn't walk away from Giant Hovershits. You were the backbone of Plaza-1, and I'll probably see you in Planetside.

Lexxuk
21-03-03, 22:59
Can i have ur stuff? ;)

Extirpator
22-03-03, 03:49
don't let the door ... errr :)

have fun Torteth

Torteth
22-03-03, 04:23
Thanks a lot guys, and yeah Flyl I remember that, I was searching for PKers, never did find many... ;)

And no lexxuk you cant have my stuff, I may reactivate my account in 2.999 months... :D

G.0.D.
16-11-03, 09:25
random spam b4 this is closed
SEEXEXX
EDIT:

OK DONT HIT ME NID I DIDNT KNOW THIS WAS AN OLD THREAD
there were just some people talking about how they quit and they posted this link so I had to through my two cents worth of spam in...
please dont hit me

PLZZZZZ

2ply
16-11-03, 09:26
agree with god.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX

QuantumDelta
16-11-03, 09:27
[07:06] <Torteth> http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52525&highlight=torteth+quit
[07:06] <Torteth> heh, yeah...
[07:07] <g0d_> I got my random spam in b4 it got closed
[07:07] <g0d_> SWOOSH
[07:08] <Himura-San> errrr
[07:08] <Himura-San> god...
[07:08] <Himura-San> check the dates...
[07:08] <ostrich> wtf is with this movie
[07:08] <g0d_> I just bumped an old thread didnt i :)
[07:08] <Himura-San> very old
[07:08] <ostrich> she's doing nothing.
[07:08] <g0d_> Nids going to hit me isnt he
[07:08] <Himura-San> probably
[07:08] <Torteth> ...
[07:09] <Torteth> you DID NOT bump that thraed did you...?

LMFAO.....
don't kill him :p

G.0.D.
16-11-03, 09:30
[01:14] [+Torteth] nid is going to flip out
[01:14] [+Torteth] his spider sense must be tingling right now
[01:15] [g0d_] yup :)
[01:15] [+Himura-San] rofl
[01:15] [+Himura-San] well
[01:15] [+Himura-San] it's gotter on forum patrol
[01:15] [+Himura-San] and he patrols on invisible
[01:15] [+Himura-San] =p
[01:15] [g0d_] Aparently toreth you just quit neocron!
[01:15] [g0d_] ^_^
[01:15] [+Himura-San] but he's probably exploding over the fact that i flamed him heh *censored by request...*
[01:15] [g0d_] at least thats what we are going to tell nid
[01:15] [g0d_] to calm him down
[01:15] [+Torteth] damn you god, you'll get my 8month old Quit Thread closed
[01:15] [+Torteth] looool
[01:16] [+Himura-San] rofllll
[01:16] [+Torteth] I was FOND of that thread

Gotterdammerung
16-11-03, 09:38
as per the forum rules the thread is closed. Please feel free to use e-mail & the pm function to send your regards to Torteth

Oh, and I also wanted to say Please don't bump old topics