PDA

View Full Version : MS Dos Version of Neocron?

NeoWolfie
15-03-03, 20:59
Ever wonder what Neocron would have looked like if it came out years ago and was a Dos only game?

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/english/index0.htm

and yes.. it's possible to make it look even more Dos like!

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/images/neocron_intro_eng.swf

ZoneseeK
15-03-03, 21:01
yeah that little intro is a mess...doesn't exactly give neocron a good look :p

Freezer
15-03-03, 21:07
Omg, that is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I kept waiting for the Mr. Grotesque Animation in the first half to pull out a guitar and hit the 80s power cords. And what the hell was up with the sudden zoom and sound effect when the guy raised his hand?

Mirco
15-03-03, 21:47
:eek: 8| o_O Are they serious?!!!!??? I hope people are not as shallow as me when they look for their next MMORPG and enters that site. If I was browsing trough I would have looked about half the intro and then browsed on past that site. It got nothing to capture a person, nothing to show of the game. Well, I guess someone hoping to find a game they could have 300 fps in would be thrilled, I wouldn`t.
I didnt read the url before I clicked it, first I thought it was intended to be some funny shit one of you guys slapped together in an hour.

Dade Murphey
15-03-03, 21:54
yeah...the guys who were supposed to promote the game and what not did a rather shoddy job on the promo video (to say the least)...though KK put out a good promo video for it that was like 8 minutes long...that's what actually got me into the game like a year or more ago...I'm so horribly glad I didn't see that cdv thing first...haha

NeoWolfie
15-03-03, 22:21
Anyone downloaded the offline demo?..

If you think Retail is buggy. try playing the offline demo. I never even finished the thing cuz I got tired of reinstalling it constantly trying to get past all the crashes I'd get when reaching a certain section of it.

Wolfclaws
17-03-03, 05:05
Hi people !

Being old enouf to have know most DOS Games/configurations, i thik it coud have become one of the most popular game. I myself dreamed of a post apocalyptic world. The struggle for life against mutants, machines and eatch others is a passionate domain. Very few games offered that because the demand were for pure Science-Fiction games until games like Fallout and Fallout 2 came to the rescue of that branch of SF. Of course the original MechWarrior (and the following "look-a-likes") is on that track (this is why Mecha are planned in NC) but people just forgot the context of MW.

Well the main thing about DOS was the lack base memory, but pass that (expanded/extanded) there was so few things in memory that games runned too fast when you upgraded your computer like "Game Over" right after entering the game !

Boy am i nostalgic !
But i buy not so long ago Wizardry 8
Its a single player game but the quality and speed speek for itself.
The mosters seem as good as in NC.
The game run in Window but its very similars to DOS graphics.
In fact you have the choice of 2D or 3D view and Time based or Turn based.
W8 did not sell well but it was intended for Nostalgics like myself :D
Whith the power of 3D technology that demand only like 300MHZ
If it were a WWW game it woud had been as popular as NC.

Look there to have a look !
http://www.sir-tech.com/

I really hate that Intro of NC !
Its like a carbon copy intro of older games :rolleyes:
If i do the research i am sure i can find at least 10 intro like that.
But i think its was intended to be so ugly, so Old DOS like...
Its just not good for the market to have it instead of a Full 3D intro.
And thats because the market are mostly composed of younger players like SID (see the illarous "Nerd" story relating events in the wastlands)
:lol:

WolfClaws
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Libéront le Québec ! ops je veut dire Néocron !

sakni
17-03-03, 05:46
Come on ! That CDV intro is grade A crap lol

How old are the web designers there ? 10 ?

Man, it barely resemble the game. Only pictures are representatives. But the animations ! I wouldn't even have tough of trying the game if i'd seen that add !

Seriously, KK, tell 'em they should do something about that crap. It's hurting your sale i can garantee it.

I'm no publicity designer, and that's why i know what the public like to see. I'm part of the public lol And that ! man... it's a insult to neocron.

ZoneVortex
17-03-03, 05:51
LOL oh man that first movie is ... mAN!!! I wish it was a joke!

Andy French
17-03-03, 05:54
That CDV movie is sad as hell... if I saw that shit before I bought the game I would of laughed my way home from the store with DAoC or some other crap :D

ex-machina
17-03-03, 15:13
CDV site is full of old skool images tho.

where the hell is this?!?!

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/locations/images/big/_wastelands2.jpg

Anx
17-03-03, 15:20
Jeezzz thats diabolical, i thought it was something someone had done for a laugh too at first not made by CDV LOL!!!!!

Just about sums them up i guess, half hearted shit.

Anx

Xian
17-03-03, 15:21
I thought that was a piss-take....

I know kids who can do better Flash animations.. and they haven't got as much material to work with. ><

Dissenter
17-03-03, 15:55
Oh...Dear.... that is quite bad :rolleyes:

@ex-machina

that is reagants legancy

;)

metalangel
17-03-03, 16:00
That is easily the worst piece of flash I've ever seen!

Nasher
17-03-03, 16:16

[url]http://www.cdv-neocron.de/locations...wastelands2.jpg

Lol, thats how the outside of darkmetal used to look in beta 2 with the old wastelands.

jernau
17-03-03, 17:36
Originally posted by ex-machina
CDV site is full of old skool images tho.

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/locations/images/big/_wastelands2.jpg

Regent's Legacy seen throught the eyes of a very old RPOS (possibly MJS's original RPOS).

zii
17-03-03, 18:59
That was a terrible intro.

I'm eagily awaiting the Vic-20 version !

Seven
17-03-03, 19:52
I've seen better graphics on cell phone screens. :lol:

Reminds me of the good old Dos games though...
*looks over at his P150 Dos machine in the corner*

Hopefully when we move I'll have room to set that up again and take a trip back in time.
I have about 70 Dos games in the basement, most of them in the orginal boxes.

Clyde
18-03-03, 01:02
I think that old rpos looks alot better than the current one =P

metalangel
09-01-04, 06:17
I thought I'd bump this classic thread... because it's so damn funny.

Gotterdammerung
09-01-04, 06:18
don't bump