PDA

View Full Version : Ok I give where should a tank put his con points

Yokom
28-02-03, 20:52
I have been playing with resist in con and it doesnt make sense. Anyone want to help with how much you should have in each resist subskill. Really anyhelp would be good. Where is the point that resist is capped and your wasting points?

Mr_Whoa
28-02-03, 20:56
I shouldnt help a quant... but...

energy and xray are good choices, screw poison and give fire some love

Energy = the most common form of endgame pvp weapon delivery

Xray is a very Common ammo mod for the energy weapons

Fire, like disco, is making a comeback

Poison is only good for lvling since there isnt alot of poison pvp options

as for when it's capped and all that.... No idea, I have a ton of energy and the rest between xray and fire more to the xray side.

Quants suck :D
But I miss shooting at you Yok.

flower
28-02-03, 20:57
I have 50 in each resist (including force) but 0 in poison. It seems to help, I don't die in 1 second flat anymore, more like 2 seconds.

You don't need more than 50 in fire. Inq 4 armour will give you around 140-150 fire resist anyway, but you may want to add more to XRay and Energy, as you will more than likely need defense against those more than poison.

Of course, the word is slowly getting out on poison, most tanks have 0 in poison or close to that.

Mr_Whoa
28-02-03, 21:00
really the only thing you can get poison on worth a shit is psi spells and what... wyatt earp?? or some other not so worth a shit weapons. Another thing, nat resists are stronger then armor resists and there is rumored to be a secret combo of armor and nat resists making you "TH3 Ub3R" or some shit like that

Arcadius
28-02-03, 21:02
If you want to be a powerful PvP tank, then you MUST invest 90% of your con points into resist poison.

Tagge
28-02-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Mr_Whoa
really the only thing you can get poison on worth a shit is psi spells and what... wyatt earp?? or some other not so worth a shit weapons. Another thing, nat resists are stronger then armor resists and there is rumored to be a secret combo of armor and nat resists making you "TH3 Ub3R" or some shit like that

There is no "secret" combo of armor and resists because there are so many different attack damage types. The only "secrets" out there are home grown hacks and cheats that ppl don't advertise. (yes people out there do hack, cheat and exploit we are blind if we say otherwise)

Having 50 in energy, fire and xray is a good start, but I believe that tanks need more. There is a point of diminishing returns on having over 75 points in athletics or health, so shift any remaining points into resists. Concentrate on Energy since most end game weapons use energy as at least 1/2 of their damage component.

Note in PvP situations there may be some drugs, resist potions and/or spells that will greatly add to your resists. Add all those to already high level resists and you may become near invincible in the short term.

Yokom
28-02-03, 21:14
Ok guys i understand all this so far. But is going above 50 doing you anygood. Does armor resist work the same as the con resist. If so then resist are pretty much worthless in my view. Since I put on Inq armor and have 114 fire resist and fire mods still beat the crap out of my poor tank. If i have to try to get 75 in each resist to make a diff then would it just be better to put it in body health. since it takes 50 to get to 50 and 50 to get to 75 then we are talking about 300 points to get fire energy and xray to 75. would that be better off taking body health from 100 to 160? since 300/5 = 60 get my point.

This brings the next question to mind is PVP damage scaled? If so the catch 22 is that if I do put body health up to 160 then am i just increasing the damage that PVP weapons do to me?

I really wish we had a skills guide that was worth a shit. Or I could use loms to test some of this thanks guys,

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-02-03, 21:37
Yokom - Full Inq 4 gives 158 resist -

Vid Gamer
28-02-03, 21:43
This is commen sense but a lot of people don't know about it. Someone mentioned this in another thread and this is how it should be:

Duranium 4 Helmet
Duranium 4 Chest (or grey/blue PA)
Duranium 4 Pants

That equals roughly around 90+ energy resist by itself. There is also Inq. 4 armor, but in all honesty I find that armor better for PvM mobs instead of PvP, so you only really need to spend a little into Resist Energy since all the high end Duranium gives you a lot, so put the rest in Resist Fire and Resist Xray and leave Resist Poison alone.

Yokom
28-02-03, 22:20
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Yokom - Full Inq 4 gives 158 resist -

full inq 4 (only in TG btw i had it smuggled out) and inq boots gives you 160 that does really were all the way up to grim chasers they still pound the crap out of you. I have ten in fire resist and 40 in energy resist. When I put duranium 4 helm and pants and PA95 on the warbots still pound the crap out of me(like 100 a shot with the energy laser). But let a monk put a shelter on me and wow the warbot cant hardly touch me (like 20 a shot).

So is armor resist just crap compared to a monk shelter. So many questions and few answers.

Arcadius
28-02-03, 22:58
Originally posted by Yokom

full inq 4 (only in TG btw i had it smuggled out) and inq boots gives you 160 that does really were all the way up to grim chasers they still pound the crap out of you. I have ten in fire resist and 40 in energy resist. When I put duranium 4 helm and pants and PA95 on the warbots still pound the crap out of me(like 100 a shot with the energy laser).
So is armor resist just crap compared to a monk shelter.

1.holy shelter, not just any shelter.

2.Warbots do mostly x-ray damage.

Tagge
28-02-03, 23:30
When KK changed the health and resists a few patches back I seem to remember that KK said that "specializing" in a resist would pay... I interpreted this to mean that there is a increasing curve benefit to resists... low resists do little, mid lvl resists do more, but high resists 75+ (IMO) do far better. A natural 100 for any one particular resist is IMO the most one should ever set for resists.

I came to belive this b/c when buffed by monks bringing my resists to 75+ my ability to take punishment is substantially and noticably increased (even against grim chasers).

Sebrarn
01-03-03, 01:15
Rofl. If you plan to wear full inq 4 for 160 fire resist in PVP you'd get torn up by the energy part of CS. If you wore full dur 4 and had like 50 fire resist or 50 xray you'd get torn up by the ammo mod on the CS.

You can't just say "well inq 4 is 160 fire resist so i don't need much"

Cuz how often can you switch 4 pieces of armor (not to mention carry them all, you're going to want all str into HC) during PVP?

If you don't go past 50 for each resist in con points all I have to say is CSs are going to 2-3 shot you.

(My resists are still kinda fucked up, cuz I'm recovering from the gay ass LOM change. But yeah I used to think like you guys and trust me it DOESN'T work)

valleyforge
01-03-03, 02:03
here we go again :(

MrLOL
01-03-03, 02:55
ideall thru a balance of armour and CON resists

you should try and aim for the following :

100 X-RAY
100 Fire
150 Energy

and use an EXP Heart 2 and marine to make those resists as strong as possible (+5 CON each)

i take about 45 dmg from an X-ray CS using those.

FBI
01-03-03, 03:06
Armor resists are the same as con resists. Has been proven
with several tests. Your best bet is to put 20 more points
in xray than you have in energy. aka 50 energy 70 xray
33 fire. But anywho, try to keep energy close to 160
and xray/fire close to 100 but not too much over it and
your gunna be fine ;)

Edit:

some examples..

Inquis helmet+boosts = 77 firearmor+33 firecon = 110resist
Dur4 pants+Blue PA+med belt = 66 armorenr+80enrcon =151enr

Xray is the most sensitive resist, try to keep it close to fire.

There it is. The most mediocre setup you can have. And it's
balanced, which is the most important part. These numbers
are very close to what i have, but i always carry a dur4 helmet
just incase ;)

Spoon
01-03-03, 03:12
If your a Tank:

Athletics: 75 points(let implants take care of the rest(+30))
Body Health: 50-60 points(let implants take care of the rest(+30))
Endurance: 0 points(let implants do it all(+60)and you may have to use Lom's to work this out)
Resist Fire: 50-75
Resist Energy: 75
Resist X-Ray: 100
Resist Poisen: ????( that's up to you)

Poisen isn't that popular in PvP...
Filter Heart 2 gives you +15 Poisen Resist and +10 X-Ray Resist, use that once you get your CON to a high level.
If you can get between 100 and 120 combined through Resists and Armor(mainly Fire, Energy and X-Ray) you should be good to go, PvP wise.
Try differant Armor combinations to find out what suits you.
And I believe that the higher your CON level is, the more effective the Resists are, but this hasn't been confirmed.

Resist Force in STR, don't put any points in that, you'll get plenty from armor and implants.

Remember this is only "my" opinion....;)

Q'alooaith
01-03-03, 03:24
Must say I was aiming for 50 in each after imps.

Got lots o posion resist and lots of fire.

70 ath is all you need if your using PA1 if your gonna use PA2 you need it a little higher to cap speed after imps.

100 body health nat is a good idea as you get lots of health after imps.

Sebrarn
06-03-03, 23:28
Originally posted by Q'alooaith
Must say I was aiming for 50 in each after imps.

Got lots o posion resist and lots of fire.

70 ath is all you need if your using PA1 if your gonna use PA2 you need it a little higher to cap speed after imps.

100 body health nat is a good idea as you get lots of health after imps.

60 athletics + pa 2 + xp leg + movement advancer 3 = 70 athletics...

100 body health is complete overkill.

Psycho_Soldier
23-12-03, 09:50
Aww dammit, friend played a trick on me and I accidently posted. lol.