PDA

View Full Version : Leveling help for newbies.

sHaKeY
04-02-03, 03:26
To start off you should get a mission "very easy" and for YOUR faction (hit F6 to see your faction sympathy) get a mission to kill either ROACH, SMALL SPIDER, SPIDER, SEWER FLIES, SEWER BEES or SMALL SEWER RAT, I prefer the small sewer rat missions cause the rats are easy and for a newb they give good experience. The SMALL SEWER RAT drops pieces of flesh that can give you health when you right click it in your inventory and "use" it or you can put it in your quick slots to the right for easy access during a fight. Keep doing these missions over and over till you reach a faction sympathy of 38, it will take you a little while but you will level a bit too. As you're running around the sewers you will find PLANTS underneath the floor, there are places you can stand by the walls that you can hit the plant through gaps between the floor and the wall if you position yourself right you wont get hit by the plant some will be able to poison you but if you have some flesh to eat and heal yourself you will be ok.

Plants drop some fairly good stuff like LOM pills and Weapons, So if you're hurting for cash or you just need a better weapon I would suggest killing a few dozen plants and selling the LOM pills to the Drug guy in Medicare. Make sure to heal cause the plants can kill you with their poison but the good thing is you will level your Constitution fairly well. You can get missions for various plants by doing "Easy" or "Normal" missions. I suggest doing "Kill BANEFULL PLANT" missions cause they are easier to find.

Once you have hit a faction sympathy of 38 or more and have a good weapon that does quite a bit of damage to SMALL SEWER RATS, you can move onto the Abandon cellar level 4 and do "Hard" missions to "Kill AGGRESSOR CAPTAINS" (I suggest being in a team to do this) in the level 4 cellar there are barrels and boxes you can use for cover. The mobs inside can kill you fairly fast if you don’t play it smart (Shoot, hide and heal. Repeat). The mobs in the level 4 cellar drop some good loot; you can make very good money and experience in here by picking up the bone enforcements and the weapons. They drop stuff that heal you too, they drop med kits, milk, grape juice, trash-orange/lime and they drop alcohol too but you don’t want to take that cause it will get you drunk and mess up the way you see and walk so you might get killed. Do a bunch of these missions cause they will level the skills your character cant level just by killing things, these missions give you 250 experience points in all skills for killing 5 of them.

After you have made 100,000 credits or more you might want to buy a Hovertech. A hovertech is a vehicle you can use to get around the wastelands quickly. You need Intelligence level 10 and Vehicle use of 25, Buy this point you should have more than enough skills to use a hovertech (unless you are a tank you will have to do missions to level your intelligence).

This step gets dangerous but is well worth it.

After you have a Hovertech you might want to head out to the Military Base (hit F9 and click on world map the military base is in the far upper right). Make sure you aren’t an enemy faction of City Mercs cause if you are you will have the guards shooting at you. You will have to take the subway to the outzone once you get to the outzone subway stop get off and head down the ramp and hang a left keep heading straight. You will find a Gene replicator right around the corner from where you synchronized, Activate it and every one you see on the way to the military base cause if you die...well...it sucks to start all the way back at the city. Once you reach the military base go inside and activate the GeneRep. Just north of the military bases entrance there is a bunker at this bunker there are a variety of high-level enemies but the bunker will keep you safe from the carnage and there are usually always a team out there you can ask to join. Here you will level very fast if you have a good team. These mobs drop very good loot and will make you good cash.

By this time you will have either met a lot of people and got some useful tips or you might have been recruited to a clan, this game has a lot of things to hunt and a lot of places to explore so have fun.

There are bigger and badder mobs out there like Hazard worms, Grim Prosecutors, Hopers, Soul clusters, Doom Reapers and many more, But these guys you will have to learn on your own :D

This is the way I have leveled many characters and it works fairly well. I have leveled a few characters across a couple servers to level 50 and higher in a pretty short time (few weeks). I hope this will help you enjoy your stay on Neocron and make your gaming experience FUN!

After all it is a video game

We're all here to have fun.

;)

sHaKeY (Pluto)

A.K.A. <---Im with stupid (Saturn)

For more info take a look at this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27324)

Mantus
04-02-03, 19:12
I don’t think missions are all that important early on. The time it takes to get one and find the target can be spent on killiing more MOBs.

I just go straight for the plants that spawn in VIA sewers. Supper easy to kill and way above a starting characters level so they give lots of XP and Credits. They also drop really good loot, like LoM pills, Electro Shockers, Combat Knives, Claws and even Swords :D

By the time you start thinking about leveling your secondary stats, and therefore thinking about doing missions, you will notice that your faction sympathy has gone up quite a bit on its own. Enough to do the Hard or even Very hard missions.

sHaKeY
04-02-03, 19:28
there is a sewer 1 in plaza 4 that has a citycom right next to the entrance and there is ALWAYS small spiders, very easy to get kill small spider mission and kill 5 rince and repeat. so it wont make and difference if you do missions early on or later. its how ive lvled since beta so i just thought ide share it. over all it is up to the player to do what they want im just giving them a suggestion:D

sHaKeY
04-02-03, 23:20
sorry for double posting but in the main thread above i said the military base is in the far upper right, thats wrong. Its in the far upper Left.

i must have dyslexia lol :rolleyes:

X Kitty X
05-02-03, 11:04
sHaKeY - - thats the best advice I've read on here in a long time - perfect for beginners. Where is the enterance for Abandened cellar level 4???. I have got to the stage now where I am gonna buy a vehicle and go up to the military base.

You should think about putting it in the player guides section.

Kitty
:rolleyes:

sHaKeY
05-02-03, 16:08
The abandon cellar 4 is in the diamond realstate in plaza 1 there is also one in plaza 2 in the Archer & Wesson.

Thanx :)

reddog
05-02-03, 18:22
for the abandoned cellar 4 take some aggie missions. you can find em in the hard ones more XP and 1500nc gain just for killin mob you would kill anyway.

BTW it make sence to take missions from the beginning as you gain XP for every skills. i don't know how a startin tank would gain psi and int XP without doing mission in the beginning. after a while when you go to lvl 4 you can team up but not in the lvl1 sewers. so start with missions.

Parker
06-02-03, 19:48
Also - for mid level characters - the storage rooms in the industrial section are probably the best (if tough) way to make money and exp.

(i still use them if i need money fast...)

Parker

oliver
20-02-03, 11:56
looking goood :D :) :angel: :lol:

The Nought
10-03-03, 20:04
Why do these guides keep saying that the KILL SMALL SEWER RAT is the best one to take?
You should try and kill a rat with a brand spanking new spy! When you finally kill the damn thing after 3-4min of slashing, it better hold some meat, or else you health is more then half gone.

It's true that small sewer rat is pretty easy when you’re a tank, but not everybody starts out as one!

Spies and PE's should stick to spider missions. These are easy to kill, easy to see, and don't run around like the roach does.
BTW why did KK dump the Kill Fierce Poisonses Spider mission? Granted, it was a bit much the it was a hard mission that a Spy could do after something like 1-2 hours of gameplay, but I liked it because of the fact that they where big and yellow and you could see then a mile away :)

sHaKeY
11-03-03, 00:06
What ever works for you.

This way works well with any class, keep the meat in you quick slots so you can pop em as your slashing.

Praetorian
12-03-03, 19:46
Originally posted by The Nought
Why do these guides keep saying that the KILL SMALL SEWER RAT is the best one to take?
You should try and kill a rat with a brand spanking new spy! When you finally kill the damn thing after 3-4min of slashing, it better hold some meat, or else you health is more then half gone.

It's true that small sewer rat is pretty easy when you’re a tank, but not everybody starts out as one!

Maybe its because you can actually kill the small sewer rat without taking any damage at all? :rolleyes:

;)

If you play it smart, you just keep it out of range, but close enough so YOU can hit it, but not the other way around... If it comes for you, you just backpedal and slash away until it dies. It is possible to kill it with your starting knife like this without taking a single hit. Trust me, thats the way I worked my faction sympathy up to 70 in 2 days starting out as a spy. Just taking kill small sewer rats... :D

bkmvl
17-03-03, 16:54
Killed a few of those small sewer rats, not to easy but doable ;)

Started a tank though in the outzone, shure wonder how i'm going to get by the mutants there, i die in a few hits :angel:

Social-Zero
16-04-03, 15:37
missions are very important at low level to develop skills such as PSI use as a tank to be able to use heal

sHaKeY
17-04-03, 06:15
I feel this guide works very well, thats why i wrote it. it worked for me lvling all of the classes.

Sir ramic hobbs
27-04-03, 16:30
I started my PE a while ago i had RL friends giving me info and stuff to help but they never told me that there were better places than level 1 sewer as a result i stayed in level 1 sewer till level 20 that was painful to my char as i found out but now my PE is nearly capped and i started a tank i never touched the level 1 sewers and after 5 hours solid training in level 4 cellar i achieved level 23 So goes to show if you always try to kill stuff above your level it will be hard but yuo will level 10 times faster and the consitution is great

Jac Raven
16-05-03, 07:52
Some Usefull adivce there - thx guys

Hey shakey i see you are a JG player, you're on EU right, wernet you a scummy oct?.
(i play this guy on EU btw)

sHaKeY
18-05-03, 05:00
I played on US server i was oct before i got banned but ive been all factions.

Jac Raven
19-05-03, 16:44
hmm maybe someone on EU is called shakey too- seem like there is a low lvl quant, but mostr of the sever r resets/second accounts now - we had one of the the biggest EU squads but most have stopped and play PS now.

NemesisWarlock
19-05-03, 16:49
RIP JG

*bows head*

Jac Raven
22-05-03, 14:48
Yep such a shame, i reckon JG could have bene the best game ever, oh well i guess everything must finsih some time.

hmm my piccy wont come up, wonder why

Booglebox
13-06-03, 12:08
A good way to get some practice is to get a laser sword off this wierdo called morpheus on saturn (they are bloody cheap as laser swords go) and trot over to a cave and kill everything within. That is great fun as the sword does 10k damage or something and there will normally be some poor hapless newbie inside scrabbling around inside and saying Meat loaf meat loaf- great. Good fun if you are teaching little sisters how to play (remote IR mouse helps)

greendonkeyuk
13-06-03, 15:12
hey booglebox put down whatever your smoking man! its doing you no good!!!
noobs cant use laserblades.... are you in the right forum? or the right game?

sHaKeY
13-06-03, 18:48
Wow!

LOL

Fatality
17-06-03, 22:25
Thanks, i am new to this game and i found that very handy :)

Fatality

Raphs
20-06-03, 09:03
i help newbies to lvl up in the sewers lvl 4 or at the jerixo fortress ... when you are a nebwie and need help send me a mail i m online monday - friday from 9-16 o clock "german time".

sorry for my bad english ;#]

Raphsoaty lvl 44 black dragon "Pluto"

Raphs
27-06-03, 21:51
sorry for all that send me a mail i changed to the server uranus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry für alle die mir ne mail geschireben haben aber ich bin auf uranus gewechselt

sorry for my bad english
sorry für mein schlechtes deutsch

neophotographer
13-07-03, 00:51
If any new person ever needs help leveling up in pluto server you're more than welcome to ask me. :) just say you're new to the game and ask if I can help you and I'd be more than happy to.

Stacey, The Neocron Photographer

Nymphette79
14-07-03, 09:48
Any noobs need help leveling on Uranus i'll be glad to help just DM *Nymphette* and ill keep you healed, buffed stuff like that and i also give rides to MB

ichinin
08-08-03, 00:16
Just went into an abandoned lvl 5 cellar for the fist time; well prepared for the first time that is: i had collected Big Flesh chunks from Sewer Rats and had placed them on the quick menu, all i am good at right now is melee (i got skill with pistol/rifle but cannot hit a barnyard door!) - so i stormed the place with a baseball bat(!) and quickly healed myself with rat meat as i was swinging the bat. When no enemy was around, i refilled the quickmenu with rat meat, then proceeded.

Amazingly, That went pretty well... Mmm... implants as loot.

neophotographer
08-08-03, 13:22
Originally posted by ichinin
Mmm... implants as loot.

Actually to be Technical they're bone enforcements. :lol:

Stacey, The Neocron Photographer

Moofausa
14-08-03, 04:01
Dang, thats some good adivce. I usually went to Canyon Reloading Point at level 2 and faught Grim Chasers....

Jah
18-08-03, 17:32
I think the Tech Haven is the easiest and best start for newbie monks. There it´s very easy to kill the little mechs when they fall into one of the many abysses.

elGringo
28-08-03, 11:57
The best leveling-help for beginners is called Zze an supports ALL beginners (faction doesn't matter).......string attached: only JUP

J. Folsom
30-08-03, 23:22
I'm willing to help newbies in Saturn, though only expect advice from me, any money, weapons or other stuff you'll need to get yourself, also no levelling help, beyond advicing you where to level. Anyone unable to follow those simple rules will get my standard 24 hour ignore, repeat offenders will get a week's worth of ignore, people who repeat after that will get permanently ignored, which is all so I can provide the optimal services without being bothered by thousands of people begging.

Right before I forget, all advice given by me will always be in English (Well, or Dutch :P), but never in German, though you can address me in English, Dutch or German if more comfortable with that, though if you contact me in German, keep in mind that my German isn't perfect, and I might misunderstand your question.

Anyway, try contacting James Folsom, John Folsom, Jim Folsom or Jake Folsom (Now you know why it's J. Folsom :P) if you need any advice, and don't use buddy for these purposes, I've got it muted.

neophotographer
03-09-03, 01:11
Originally posted by J. Folsom
I'm willing to help newbies in Saturn, though only expect advice from me, any money, weapons or other stuff you'll need to get yourself, also no levelling help, beyond advicing you where to level. Anyone unable to follow those simple rules will get my standard 24 hour ignore, repeat offenders will get a week's worth of ignore, people who repeat after that will get permanently ignored, which is all so I can provide the optimal services without being bothered by thousands of people begging.

Right before I forget, all advice given by me will always be in English (Well, or Dutch :P), but never in German, though you can address me in English, Dutch or German if more comfortable with that, though if you contact me in German, keep in mind that my German isn't perfect, and I might misunderstand your question.

Anyway, try contacting James Folsom, John Folsom, Jim Folsom or Jake Folsom (Now you know why it's J. Folsom :P) if you need any advice, and don't use buddy for these purposes, I've got it muted.

Good to see another person out there helping people. :) Thanks fo your contributions.

Again I'd like to say that my services are offered for any newbie that plays on Pluto, preferably tanks as I can fully equip you out with items that I already have, other classes I can get you starting weapons, but not much else, but can provide you with 200K to start out along with the best areas to level at. :) Hope to hear from any new person.

Stacey

Jah
09-09-03, 18:28
Folson, would you support a lvl 77 APU monk with some money, or weapons?

J. Folsom
09-09-03, 22:59
Originally posted by Jah
Folson, would you support a lvl 77 APU monk with some money, or weapons? As I said, you'll need to get money and weaponry yourself.

Bit poor unfortunately, and I'm saving up for a special science implant.

Though if you want to make some money easily, I'd go kill something you can kill quickly and easily yet still gives normal loot, take everything they drop which is worth more then 100 nc, and sell it all once you can't carry anymore and not fit anymore into your goguardian, optimally combine with missions.

sHaKeY
18-09-03, 21:31
Aggy cellars in diamond real estate is a great place to make cash critons is right around the corner and sell the weapons you find to yo's to avoid having to zone over to A&W. i have a player on Saturn named <--im with stupid that has 62 barter atm and i can make fast cash doing this. Also if any of you need help contact <--im with stupid, Roh or Harry Pairoftesties.

extract
22-09-03, 22:35
Originally posted by Mantus
I don’t think missions are all that important early on. The time it takes to get one and find the target can be spent on killiing more MOBs.

I cant take the time to read this whole thread but do not listen to this, its bad advice....missions are essential early on not only do they give XP to ALL skills they also give decent cash so its a win win situation...especially to classes that have skills that are only attainable when doing missions, like tank & spies PSI skill...monks DEX, both of these examples are essential to good gameplay try to attain them early on

missions are essential do em as soon as you can...if youre faction resides in the city the best thing to do is aggressor missions...when i rerolled my monk I was able to get him up to 20 dex, 70 soulite and 100 faction sympathy in less than 2 days of gameplay doing aggressor missions...and trust me I love my soulite...Im sure its saved my ass a few times when Ive dropped my rares and someone tried to hack my belt

Darkborg
22-09-03, 23:48
Dont do the missions like that if unless you want them for SL or faction Loyalties.

i find the easiest thing to do is take a mission and then go on a killing spree. get enough loot and finish the mission. then go sell loot and grab another mission ( finish with whatever comes first).

Valmur
29-09-03, 06:59
Missions slow your leveling down quite a bit when starting, though, it has advantages. Gives money, caps the slowest gaining skills and gives faction sympathy (if even needed O.o). Though if you want to get a quick "rank 50", just don't start with missions. Power-slay monsters and get to that rank in about three days... Unless you are some 24/7 freak.

O.o What the hell did I just write?

Code6
12-10-03, 17:59
Im glad to know that there´s help around for noobies like me. Im starting Neocron next week, so i will use these advises which i got from here.
Good to have you people around, thank you

Zebuleon
12-11-03, 18:06
You forgot one very important part of this. Once you get to the Military base don't stop doing missions. In you own faction you should have started with a 50 sympathy. When your at MB go to very hard missions and choose the Launcher Cyclops missions(min sym 49) and go to the bunker just outside. All you need to do to get the credit for "killing" one is about 100 - 150 points of damage. If your lower level they will attack higher levels first and if anyone is doing more damage than you they will be attacked first. so you should be safe for a while. Each time you do this you get 400 xp and 2000 credits. Cyclops are the most common of the mobs at the bunker so you will have now problems finding 5 to 'kill', this is the fastest way to bring up non primary skills I have found.

Logan_storm_03
15-11-03, 01:20
wont it be harder of psi monks to lvl in da bigging coz they are the crappist of crap in close-quarters. Coz im going to be psi monk when i get the retail version shortly. so can any one help me out?

Jac Raven
15-11-03, 13:52
well any easy place to start, as said earlier i belive, is in the lvl one sewer near medicare, there is a mission term right near by and the sewer has good number of rats (4) that spawn next to each other.
these are good to start with as they give u meat to heal etc.
also i think the monks can eaily shoot the plants on the floor below with no rick to themselves which is damn good for a starter.

Logan_storm_03
18-11-03, 10:04
Great all this should be very useful for me when i start neocron shortly;) Oh BTW how long do you recon a APU monk will take ro lvl at a decent lvlo_O ?

Load_HeavyLoad
30-11-03, 10:45
Another Place with a PE or Tank or Psi or spy come to think of it as long as you have a wepon with range ie not melle go to the Abandoned Cellar lvl 6 (plaza 1 its behind the A&W) an go behind the pipe and shoot the mutie gunmen if you stand well back from the pipe theyt cant hit you :)

Logan_storm_03
30-11-03, 11:02
GREAT, any ways im not being a APU monk any more :( coz me an friend who lives next door are being spy smugglers for the BD or suming:cool:

Necrosadistic
08-12-03, 08:40
I found a great place to level for mid level runners - the road to Regant's Legacy!

The 50/50 muties with the laser blades are at teh zone edge... If you run past them, you can then have hours of fun shooting them and running away, zoning if it gets too much...

Pathetically easy, as they are slow as fuck and can't do ranged combat... They also drop some nice imps now and then...

sultana
08-12-03, 10:44
Hmm, i'd watch out about going too far in though, if you get targetted by the warriors and corprals (I think that's them), they have plasma rifles and cannons, with stupidly long range + accuracy :/

nexus777
25-12-03, 10:45
Hello all, im brand new to NC and was wondering what are the main reasons to be each class? I cant find any "player stratagy Guides so i know little to nothing about the pros and cons of each class or what they can become later in their levels etc..

Also I am kinda wanting to be a caster so would that be the PSi Monk guy? I like spell effects from other games such as DAOC and such so would that be what he does? Can he heal or do damage from a distance and if so do you know anywhere with info about him?

Im a total noob to this game, was shown it by a toon caled Casper and Idiot who are real life friends who play on Pluto so im making my char their now.

Any advice/help/etc? Dont know what there in game names are so during Xmas wont be able to contact them as they will be away in Mexico for a vacation.... doh!

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

If you leave your Pluto in game names ill contact asap, ty!

sHaKeY
26-12-03, 10:43
Ide be happy to help you in game my name on pluto is of coarse sHaKeY

also named sHaKeY on saturn and uranus.

nexus777
26-12-03, 23:40
Also, could you define help? Im going to make a new char as the one I just made I dont like much so making a new PE faction NEXT Systems Inc. (a friend reccomended it as it has few enemys I guess or something like that hehe.

Anyways, any tips on PE and if I should pick a sub class or just go Privateer. Any template or something like youd reccomend?

Thanks!

alexxp
22-01-04, 16:12
[ edited - banned ]

sHaKeY
22-01-04, 20:39
if your PE then ide pick Pistol or rifle, Pistol being the best choice.

If you go Rifle make sure you load up your intelligence points into weapon lore. Pistol dont need much Weapon lore seeing that they aim fast as is.

If you have any more questions I play on Uranus quite often under the names sHaKeY and Quakez

Morganth
22-01-04, 21:09
Where is there to level after MB bunker for monks and PEs? Bunker gets a little boring sometimes and I fancy an alternative.

sultana
23-01-04, 10:11
I'd say (depeding on your faction) fire mobs at crp... though that can be hard for factions hostile to tg. Other then that warbots at mb.

neophotographer
16-02-04, 00:07
ah it comes time for me once more to express my love for adopting nubs. anyone that's new to th game and wants to play in Pluto feel free to contact me via PM here on the message boards. I can help pretty much any class, but I do prefer helping tanks since I already have most of the weapons you'll need already made. anyhow, if you need help please do contact me.

Stacey

Hitchhiker
25-02-04, 18:32
A fast way to make money for mid-levelers is the INDUSTRIAL AREA: LAB Storage.

Because after a while you level fast and can stand agains a clobs (Launcher Cyclops) at a range of 3 Meters and empty your gun camly though due the rockets (which by the way are WEAKER than the Rank 37 Rocket-Zombie [KK what´s the f**ing purpose of the Rank 37 Flamethrower and the 37 Rocket-Zombie, they are the worst mob in the cellars but have the lowest level]).

Also the mobs there drop implants, bones, weapons, etc.
Go for the following:
- Implants
- Bones
- Weapons
- Medicine
- Nonalcoholic drinks and food (eat them if you need health)
- Arms, biotech garbage and broken implants

You can sell the bones, implants and the medicine directly in the same zone at the traders there.
The weapons, some imps and the ´garbage´ you can put into the gogo.
If the gogo is the full, warp to RONTRADE WALK sell your weapons and the junk at the YO´s.
Every tour takes me about 1 hour and gets me 100k (at Barter 25). Don´t forget to take a LAUNCHER CYCLOPS Mission with you (But don´t warp back just to get another one, Duh!).

Also: Don´t forget to update your PSI Spells, even if you´re not a monk. I´m a PE and i don´t even warp without my CRAHN SHELTER, BASIS RESISTANCE 2 and RIFLE BUFF, the HEAL ist perfect for the gangways between the storage room (Duck behind a pillar if you´re chased) and although the SPY buff costs about 3k the money is fast in, because the +3 Barter is much, if you´re selling all the stuff).
Yes, there is a sweet range spot for BUTCHEES and HURLER, in which they can´t decide if they should throw grenades or go for close combat (Never let get them too close), so all you have to do is find this sweet range spot und keep this range, even if they come nearer.

For the newbies:
- 1 red line above a humanoid => That´s a mob, don´t go around and accuse someone named LAZAAR of PKing.
- 2 red lines above a humanoid => That´s a pissed off NPC, that means you´re to close to a territory you´re not welcomed. And fractions guards are mostly 120/120, so keep away.
- 3 red lines above a humanoid => That´s a TG :p That´s a PK from a clan from a fraction you are hostile with. Means: He will kill you, because you´re his enemy, but he don´t even need this as an excuse.
- Being killed after exiting a GR, means: NO. And witch part of NO don´t you understand: Don´t exit this GR in the next 2 hours.
- PP is fun!!! It´s fun for Tanks and Monks to kill Noobs, even if they are in an allied fraction.(I must know, i was killed by a ALLIED CA Tanks there). There are no mobs there, except the fraction guards who will kill you, if they are in a hostile fraction, so if you are at least neutral to TS and BD then get the both GR as long you´ve got your LE in. Also: The subway is copbot zone and exits to two PP Zones, RUN LIKE HELL to the subway if a monk looks at you and is raising his hands (No, he don´t want to greet you).
- If a PKer (someone with a red name-line) is standing next to sewer cover, NEVER EVER enter this sewer because he´ll follow you (9 out of 10). If there is a FA or a TG standing next to Plaza or VR sewer, this is at least Yellow Alert (4 out of 10).

If you don´t want to be killed to often by others, chose PROTOPHARM as your faction, they only got to enemies: N.E.X.T (The average NEXT-guy don´t want to be hassled, too) and TSUNAMI (Well, leave the front part of PP). You don´t want to have the following factions as your enemy: CITYADMIN, TWILIGHT GUARDIAN (both have alot of running-sh**-in-cans) or FALLEN ANGELS, CRAHN (both with alot of robed-firestarters).

sHaKeY
10-03-04, 06:37
good post.

This needed updating bad due to patches over the last few months

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 17:18
General advice from me for n00b leveling.

Remember that leveling is (although it can be fun and such) a means to reaching the 'cap' of the skills, in order to take part in PvP (which this game is centred on). Leveling is not continuos and ends at cirtain levels for the different classes, and thus defines their different roles and strenghts/weaknesses.

XP gain is dependant on two (possibly three) things.

1. Level of the mob you are attacking.

2. The TL (tech level) of the weapon you are using, this or the combat rank you have.

(3. possibly you're own level, uncomfirmed)

Combat rank being the first number at the top of the skills box, level being the second, after the slash. Eg. 34/55.

Though you may do more damage (reffered to as dmg) to a mob with a lower tl weapon (due to the way skills affect weapon stats, a given skill value may get good stats on a low level weapon, but poor ones on a high one), the xp will be greater per mob with the higher tl wepaon.
Obvisiously the faster you can kill mobs in any given time frame the more xp you get, some dmg is indirectly linked to xp. Balance is therefore something to be aimed at.

That said, stuffing the majority of a skills points into a weapons main subskills and using the highest tl weapon you can is generally the easiest, simplest and best way of leveling.

These (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=69477) are a good guide (if a little confusing at first), to how the various subskills affect the different stats on weapons.

INT:
Pistols/Rifles
Though in comparrison to rifles, pistols need very little WEP (weapon lore, under INT) to increase/cap aiming, when you start with either rifles or pistols, you should spec most if not all initial INT points into WEP. To start with you will have very little INT and the weapons you are using will be comparitively poor on aiming, so more the merrier.

Heavy
Tanks have hopeless INT and all points should go into WEP.

Melee
Melee itself has no need for INT subskills, so you are free to spec what ever you want. Though skills like Psi use (PSU) and hacking (HCK) are probably the best options.

APU/PPU (agressive psi use/Passive psi use)
For psi users the best initial skill is PSU, it affects your ability to runcast spells (though this ability is highly unlikely at low levels unless you know what you are doing). It affects spell range and more importantly, frequency. It also contributes to a lesser degree, to your psi pool availiable.

STR
Pistols/Rifles
No skills affect them in STR, so best to go for transport (TRA) and resist force (FOR).

Heavy
All in Heavy combat (HC).

Melee
Hmm, though at the end melee requires much less melee combat (MC), to gain sufficient stats, while leveling, as with HC, it is best to put all points into MC.

Apu/Ppu
As with pistols/rifles, these require no STR subskills, FOR is the best place to start, maybe some TRA, as monk armour gives little force/piercing protection.

CON:

For the beginning, put most of your CON points into hlt (health) and ATL (athletics), resists are really not that important to start with, and with more hp and less resists you take more damage anyway, which means more CON xp.

DEX:

Pistols/Rifles
The subskills that affect Pistol and Rifle combat (PC and RC respectively), are in DEX. These mostly affect Rate of Fire (RoF) and dmg, though aiming and range to a lesser degree (see INT).
Also under DEX are two other very important subskills that are used by Pistol and Rifle users.
Tech combat (TC) is the first. This does not actually affect weapon stats at all (a personal grumble of mine), but is a 'skill sink'. TC is a requisate for so called 'high tech' weapons. Mostly energy based but do more dmg (I think), for thier tl, obviously you will ahve to loose out on PC/RC to spec it, so you may end up doing (and should end up doing) the same dmg.
TC is also used to access cirtain high level tools, such as stealth units.
At the begining it is a person al prefferance to whether you use TC weapons, but to same hassle in haveing to spec enough for the next weapon, it's best to stick with 'low tech' weapons.
The other subskill in DEX is agility (AGL). This affects mainly run speed and jump height, though to an extent it affects dmg taken from melee weapons (though this is an old 'rumour', and to be frank I have no idea whether it is true).

Heavy
Again there are TC heavy weapons and AGL is an important subskill.

Melee
As with heavy.

Apu/Ppu
DEX hold no weapon specific subskills, but as with the other classes, AGL is important.

PSI:

Pistols/Rifles/Heavy/Melee
No weapon specific subskills in PSI, but once you gain a few levels here it is a good idea to start using ppu based spells. These can increase other subsills and provide healing and shielding.

Apu/Ppu
This is the primary skill for monks and all PSI based items.
APU affects offensive spell dmg, range and frequency.
PPU affects passive spell dmg (effectiveness), range and frequency.
PPW affects spell dmg and most importantly psi pool size.
MST (mental steadiness), as with TC, it is nothing but a prerequisite, but ALL spells need it.

More later.

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 20:15
Some more about actual leveling now. (If this is wrong please correct me!!)

Teams.

Firstly, a bit about xp gain from mobs.
XP is gained continuously while killing a mob, every second or so it trickles in.
The amount you get is a proportion of the total xp that you get from killing the mob (see previous post on what affects this), in relation to how much hp you took off. If you kill the mob all by your self, you get all the xp, if you only take it to half hp, you get half. Does not matter if the mob does not die, you get the xp, as xp gain is continuous.
However, you only get a reward when the mob dies, this again is dependant on how much hp you took off.

Team basics.
In a team, you share xp that is gained from mobs, as well as the reward.

The overall xp gain in a team is more than the individual xp gained if it were just one person.
However, as xp is shared, the individual xp gains are slightly less. (this is the part I am not sure on)

Xp gain is not split equally, if a person does most or all of the dmg to a mob, they will gain the most, while someone who does nothing will gain some but not all (Joining a team and not doing anything to help is called 'leaching'. Often performed at spawn areas where there is usually a team, the perpertraitor joins, and says something along the lines of 'afk a min :)', and promptly does not return for a time considerably more than one minute. Teammates can either do nothing, leave the team and make a new one (you cannot kick people from a team), or kill the fucker as you do not loose soullight or faction sympathy for team kills.(unless he has an LE in of course)).

Confusion and complication come when it comes to different classes within a team.

You gain xp in skills that are using a subskill.

Pistol/Rifle users have subskills in INT and DEX for their weapons, so xp is gained in those skills.
Same with Heavy, they gain STR and (some) INT. (CON is also gained with heavy weapons, but possibly only with tanks, see below)
Melee gain in STR (and again possibly CON with tanks)
APU gain in INT and PSI.

Then the classes gain xp in different ways.

Tanks will gain XP in STR and CON (their main mainskills) The most. A tank that uses pistols will gain dex xp, slower than they will in STR using a heavy/melee weapon, and slower than a Spy or PE using a pistols. Tank INT gain is very slow, they are only INT 20 at cap. Tank PSI is also very slow, PSI 10 at cap.

Spies will gain xp in DEX and INT (thier main mainskills) the most. Spies only have STR 40 at cap, so will gain STR slowly, even when using a heavy weapon (not recmommended). Psi is slow, PSI 20 at cap.

Monks will gain PSI and INT (their main mainskills) the most. Though Monks and Spies both have INT 100 at cap, monk INT gain is 50% that of spies.
Monk STR caps at STR 20, so again is very slow. DEX caps at 35.

PEs.
PEs are odd.
Though they gain in the skills that have 'active' subskills, they also gain STR when using DEX and INT based weapons (if slowly).
PEs gain more from teaming than the other classes, in that they can gain in areas that other classes cannot (see below).

(Again this next bit is iffy, please correct if wrong)
In a team, a tank will recieve (if teamed with a DEX/INT user) more than usual amount of DEX xp (tanks gain a small amount of DEX with their weapons), same for INT.
The spy will not gain STR from a STR user however.
A monk will recieve more INT xp if teamed with a spy, but will not recieve DEX xp (and no DEX xp from a PE/tank either). They recieve no CON or STR xp from teams either.
A monk will only gain PSI xp from another monk, or bizzarrely, PEs.
As killing mobs is the main way of gaining xp, as ppus cannot kill mobs (exept for very very weak spells, they are reliant on apus and PEs for the vast majority of their xp (they are team palyers after all).
PEs gain from teams in all skills even if the teammate is using a weapon based in only one or two skills. They are the only other class to recieve PSI xp from teams, and can even do so if only teamed with spies and tanks.
They do not gain CON xp in teams however.

It is therefore obvious that some classes cannot gain xp in cirtain skills whithout using weapons that are not intended for that class, even in a team.
Monks have to use ristols and rifles for dex, tanks/spies low level apu spells?
CON is gained by getting hurt, simple enough.
STR holds the FOR subskill, which resists piercing and force dmg, as such STR is gained from being hurt by mobs and weapons that do these dmg types.

The other skills can only be gained through the use of missions then, as all skills gain through completing missions. For tanks and spies for PSI, monks for DEX this is the only way unless they use other weapon types.

All that was supposed to come out a bit more cohesive.
Xp gain for the different classes from the others in teams is confusing to an extent.

I forgot to mention Droning.
Droning is dependant on Remote control (RCL) in DEX and Will power (WPW?) in INT.

Gaining xp is easiest using the 'standard' weapoin types for your class.

Pistols/Rifles for PEs and Spies.
Heavy/Melee for tanks
PSI for Monks.

The tanks, spies and monks will generally have to slog through many mission to level thier tertiary skills. Leveling areas that are not their forte is not supposed to be easy.
PEs will find over all lvling easier (CON can be a bitch, only gained via being hurt and have CON 60 at cap), but obviously cannot reach the same level in any of the skills that the other classes do.

sHaKeY
08-04-04, 20:48
nice work DJ :)

Moofausa
17-04-04, 22:37
[ edited - this is a long-term sticky ]

S4R13L
29-05-04, 03:09
Hmmmmmm kk

Menolak
13-06-04, 05:59
I had an APU that started at the MB bunker at 0/2, died a lot, but it was fun
(I guess I had an advantage, my buddy IG gave me a 5 slot version of the first energy ball spell, super fast...I didn't leech XP either, I didn't join teams until I could fight, didn't get invited much either lol, but once I got going..died a lot but I had fun, and levelled really quickly
Attacking warbots at MB when you are level 10 is fun, suicidal, but fun..

Menolak
26-06-04, 04:08
the bottom level sewers in PP1..bring AoE or a barrel, though..great place

Manosteel36
26-06-04, 21:44
i've noticed with tanks that......well i had a melee tank and he was lvling really fast...but then i deleted him and made a heavy tank but tht heavy lvled a lot slower........y is that?? and also whats up with the heavy weps it starts at str 19 wtf!?!? :wtf: :confused: .......well can someoen just awser this ? where can tanks lvl thats good at heavy and at medium to high lvl (50-100) thx and also i think ur advice has proply helped a lot fo people personaly i havent used it becuase most of my characters r near capped thx if someoen could awser this ? i'd be very apreciative

Seth Shoshi
30-07-04, 08:28
I think you left one thing out in your guide. I don't believe you mentioned how to get your vehicle out after you bought the keys for it. If anyone can tell me I would surely appreciate it.

tiikeri
30-07-04, 08:39
1. right-click on it, use/activate.

2.You needs ASG to make your vhc spawn.
One is just outside Neocron. where you can get your vhc out.
Just right-click on the ASG panel and click the bike/car of yours and press spawn.

It wil appear some where near. not right next to you.

jnky
23-08-04, 13:52
I didnt read through the full post but here's a tip if not already said:

TG hard missions has "kill sewer bee" missions, get yer syp up with tg to 38 (you cant if your hostile with em) then do your hard sewer bee missions at a stupidly low level.
TG sewer bee missions are at v.easy / easy and hard so getting your syp up (if not TG or hostile) is easy and can be done with your fists :)

Just my two pence worth, everyting else was said in original post.

sihra
22-09-04, 09:47
iam confused...
iam a newbie ,and i download n2 beta ,and i found nothing.iam in my appartment ,get a mission ,kill sewer rats,but i didnt find the entrance.i walk around and around but nothing.
where must i go ,please help me...

greets

LiL T
22-09-04, 10:43
If your are a pro neocron runner you can find one of these places in plaza 1 and plaza 3 there manhole covers that lead down into the sewer

/edit just ask another player in game and I'm sure someone will point the place out to you GL

Rabiator
24-09-04, 22:09
Start with insect killing in Via Rooso or Plaza sewer, those are easiest. Do it as a mission when possible, it will give you extra money and improve your faction rep.

Collect the chemicals and those animal parts for which recycle recipes are known (you find them on the internet) and invest some DEX in Recycling. Get a recycling tool and start converting the insect scraps into chemicals. That helps leveling too, and you can use the chemicals later. ;) When your avatar has gained a bit of strength, add rats to the menu. The meat is also be useful for recycling.

Now the we start researching weapons and armor parts. Get some RES skill, a research tool and a stack of datacubes. You can get the TL30 version cheaply when doing a research job.
Search the City for some tangent weapon parts (we need at least one Tangent Weaponpart1). You should find one in some old rotten box. Research it, make lots of copies of your datacube and mass-produce Tangent Weaponparts 1 from your stack of Solantium.
Now, use your recycle tool to recycle Weaponparts into higher level parts. For instance: 2 Weaponparts 1 => 1 Weaponpart 2. Research this too and mass-produce Weaponparts 2 from your stack of Meritium.
Now convert the weapons parts into higher level parts. This will convert a big stack of low level part into a handful of higher level parts. This recycle orgy is somewhat boring but gives lots of skill points. After going through 30 Solantium and 30 Meritium this way, you should have the INTl to make many of the mid-level items.

NeoCyber
29-09-04, 15:25
*spy (hardcore)*

okay... some advice if u really want to hardcore grind your skill the first few lvls (lets say up to something/30).

beginners skills should be:

Int: put all your points on barter (at least 50)
Dex: recycling minimum 30 rest on agility
Consti: Body Health / endurance / athletic
strength: all here is about transport

espacially in Neocron2 it is important to get a faction sympathie of 90 with ur own faction asap.

when u start in MC5 rep out there as fast as u can, there is nothing to get for u.
rep to your appartment and go directly to the citycom, take a quickjob (very easy) and down to the sewers.
Do the mission there, every mob you kill click "take all".
all materials you find there you sell to yo's, the ones that give you 0 nc you store in your gogu. (storing like poisonglands, chitin and meat) the rats and spiders drop drinks and candybars, use them to heal you, you need the meat.
Also all chems you find you store in your gogu.
Just go down there, do the mission and on your way back out you kill all you see (have an eye on your weight index... the more in the yellow, the slower you move)
The money you make with 50 barterskill is especially in the beginning a lot more then any other player is making, so you will find money isnt a problem for you.
As soon as you have the money together you go to buy a recyclingdevice.

here you will find some really useful information about recycling (http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/recyclingrecipes.asp)

Use now all your gathered and stored materials to recycle chems out of it (should ive u about 2 lvl dex)
Go on spending your skillpoints in reseach and construct.
I guess u will have some solantium and merithium in your gogu by now. Okay.
Take now very easy recycling mission from the citycom. The chems to do those missions are solantium, meritium and arillium. All of those chems you can with 50 barter cheaper then the mission reward is. So do those missions for a while now... it raises fac-symp and soullight. (recycling missions are always the fastest way for me to gain fac-symp though i buy the chems)
when u find yourself with some decent money, it is time to spend it... :D
Buy a research divice (55) and a construction device (55), weaponparts 1 - 7 (u will get them at the medicare) and some datacubes (about 40).
start ressing the weaponpart 1 and then build it, when u have 40, start with the weaponpart 2, and so on. once you have a stock of 40 of each weaponpart you are already at lvl 17 - 20. To build the weaponparts you can buy the chems or recycle them, but recycling now, really slows you down.

The stock of your weaponparts you can sell at the medicare to other runners (gives good money) or you keep for yourself, so a least you dont have to run around to buy the parts when you need a weapon.

Go on like that till you get really tired of ress/const/recycle. But i mean really tired. you should be at least lvl 25 or 30. (btw, you always can make some extramoney at the medi when you ress something for an other player or mod a weapon). the guy in the shop sells lom - pills. That is you next station. You want to stay resser? okay, lom your way through constr. first and then through barter (barter still gives you some advantage in buying the lompills). Or you want to stay barter? lom ress and constr. (after 5 pills you put free skillpoints on barter and buy the next pills - u will see they get a bit cheaper every time.)

At the end i have to tell you that lom-pills are not only good. First it takes quiet long to lom higher skills off, because you get some synaptic impairment everytime you take a pill. and them it costs you about 3k xp at the skill you are looming (e.g.: looming construction makes you loose int. xp).

SO it is your turn to decide if you want to try it that way, or if you find out another way of lvling a spy. But for me it was always the fastest.

(eXo) Opaleye
30-09-04, 21:23
Great job Shakey :) I am glad to see this in print.

I have done the same exact leveling template for all my chars on all servers
and it works like a charm. Allows lowby chars to get tl 3 heal relatively quickly (incredibly helpful). And have taken many new runners to the same spots you described with the same drill to get them leveled to a "fun" level quickly.

So everyone get your friends in the Cyber Punk attitude and show them the ropes. See you in NC2

sHaKeY
14-10-04, 04:26
thnx opal its needs some updating but it still helps new players who are clueless to the ways in NC

Sian
19-10-04, 11:55
and also whats up with the heavy weps it starts at str 19 wtf!?!? :wtf: :confused:

You should be glad. Attack Software for the HackNet starts at Int 30. So for pure hackers who don't want to invest in INT or DEX other than HCK and T-C skills too much it's rather hard to lvl up to there. But I'll get my 30 INT all right. Tonight. Then the HackNet Mobs will perish one by one by one .... and so on, you know *g*

Anyone got advice for leveling on HN?

Ebonwulf
23-10-04, 06:28
This guide is much appreciated, but it makes me wonder how much has changed since I last played. If I read this right, then very little as far as starting out, but midrange has developed quite a bit more. Anyone that could fill in just how much different this guide as far as the way it stands now?

Used to play under the nick of Benitora, and RE was the path I took. As far as "tradecraft" goes, what seems to be the better path to take? Before I spent waaay too much time doing nothing but copying BP's, making new ones, and generally keeping track and organizing my clan's BP's, to the point it almost became like a second job, but instead of getting paid for it, I paid someone else entirely. However, the cool thing was when I needed something, I had the blueprints to it and could get it made, even PP's and back then you couldn't make them (not sure if this changed?)

SizZLeR
25-11-04, 00:26

I must say that i agree with you here, personally i started out with doing roach-missions, the roaches r very easy to kill, they run around a bit, but roaches does that. ;)

Also, the sewer in P1 next to the PSI shop holds roaches within the area really near the exit, normally the first 3 roaches can be found there and when dun with mission, u dont have to run thru the whole sewer to the exit, using up your endurance multiple times before u get there. :(

The only drawback i see on the roach mission is, that sometimes roaches doesnt spawn to quick, even if u loot them, rats spawn almost instantly on loot, but rats also provide a great deal of dmg to an unskilled char and rats takes a pretty long time to kill too.

Conclusion is, i dont favour the rat mission over the roach mission, but when u get lvled some, i think its faster to do rat missions, cause then the issue is how long time u spend on locating or waiting for the critter to respawn, rather than the time u spend running between the CityCom and the "ratspot" in the sewer. ;)

Nidhogg
25-11-04, 12:52
Killing rats is easy. They take a chomp out of you at predictable intervals and all you have to do is to back away for a couple of seconds - once you've heard that slurping noise head back in. You can kill rats like that without losing any health at all.

Having said that, my advice for levelling would be to join a clan and hunt harder mobs in teams. Advantages: You get a share of XP from everyone in the team so you level faster
As far as I see it you have to join a clan in order to get the most benefit from the game. Having brothers and sisters in arms adds orders of magnitude to the fun and excitement, not to mention all the other benefits of being in a clan.
With a team you can hunt mobs that are far higher level than you are on your own. XP from mobs much higher than you is far greater than you'd get from whacking rats.
Killing rats is so cliche ;)

N

SizZLeR
30-11-04, 14:26
Killing rats is easy. They take a chomp out of you at predictable intervals and all you have to do is to back away for a couple of seconds - once you've heard that slurping noise head back in. You can kill rats like that without losing any health at all.

Having said that, my advice for levelling would be to join a clan and hunt harder mobs in teams. Advantages: You get a share of XP from everyone in the team so you level faster
As far as I see it you have to join a clan in order to get the most benefit from the game. Having brothers and sisters in arms adds orders of magnitude to the fun and excitement, not to mention all the other benefits of being in a clan.
With a team you can hunt mobs that are far higher level than you are on your own. XP from mobs much higher than you is far greater than you'd get from whacking rats.
Killing rats is so cliche ;)

N

Sure u can do the rat killing like you describe, but stepping away from the critter and then approach it again also takes time where u can't stab it with your stiletto. ;)

But sure it can be done that way, too.. :)

I agree to the part about joining a clan or just teaming with 2 or 3 others and go hunt, teaming may be a good way to start out as in a team u r still independent after u call it the day, in a clan there may be a lot of other stuff to learn about, especially the clan itself and it's members and if you're a noob to NC, u might have enough learning/experiencing to do already getting to know the game, that may affect your choice of clan later on also. :)

ViperG
12-12-04, 06:31
Man I remember killing rats. Omg I never want to go in the sewers again.

The best way to level up is with a friend, that can heal.... then you can really level up really quick. Clans are the best!

olord
15-12-04, 22:15
nostalgia

Cr1t1KaL
14-02-05, 04:48
Im Sorry Just A Test...

sultana
16-02-05, 05:56
Your sig is rather large :wtf:

Lord Dragon
01-03-05, 23:39
I just started the game and I am a big time RPGer of CyberPunk and from the looks of this game it was made for me :D .
And all the info that you all put here to help the newbie's was great and it has helped me very much on what and how to get my character bult up and going, i am playing a PE and I am going to turn him into a Tank/Hunter it mite take me a bit but I think with all the help that I have got here i can do it and it is thanks to you all :D .

So again thank you...

Lord Dragon

liam8888
26-04-05, 00:10
How do you use your weapons i've pressed every button and nothing worked.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Nidhogg
26-04-05, 00:24
First of all you need to make sure you have the skills to use them. If it's your starter weapon then there shouldn't be a problem but otherwise you need to make sure that the icon isn't displayed in a dimmed red colour.

Then you need to drag the weapon to one of your quickslot entries down the right hand side of your screen. If you put it in slot 1 you can press the digit 1 along the top row of your keyboard and you will draw that weapon.

If the weapon needs ammo (like a gun, for example) you will need to drag the ammo over the top of the weapon's quickslot area to load it. You only need to do that once though as it will automatically reload more of that ammo until you run out.

Let me know if this helps. If not, describe exactly the problem you have and we'll go from there, ok? :)

N

Dribble Joy
26-04-05, 13:18
On a further note; don't be suprised if your weapon doesn't perform that well initially, especially aiming on guns.
If you have little experience on the way your skills affect things, then there is a good chance that they are not optimised for your equipment.
Use your first character as a bit of an experiment in seeing what works for you.

What weapon are you using?

CMaster
26-04-05, 13:21
If it's your starter weapon then there shouldn't be a problem
Unless you made a PE soldier, but then I hear since a recent patch, soldiers are being given a Lazar rifle...

Man O Man
10-05-05, 19:20
People have their own way of leveling, All I did was go kill aggies go kill launcher cyclopse, go kill player thats being a ******, go kill WB......then just keep killing capped players

pker88
11-05-05, 11:10
atm i am lvling with mutants with mission
but wats next
i am in DOY
i heard cyclops is next where is the locations?
after cyclops is wats next? :rolleyes:

i heard i no need to have high skills in hacking to use hacknet
for just travel to diff locations in the worldmap
actually how is works?
i am in asian server atm
oh ya i'm a hybrid psi monk

Capt. Rik
11-05-05, 11:34
atm i am lvling with mutants with mission
but wats next
i am in DOY
i heard cyclops is next where is the locations?
after cyclops is wats next? :rolleyes:

i heard i no need to have high skills in hacking to use hacknet
for just travel to diff locations in the worldmap
actually how is works?
i am in asian server atm
oh ya i'm a hybrid psi monk

Try heading over the the Military base in J_01 - there's a mission terminal which offers Launcher Cyclops missions and just to the north of the bse is a bunker with a good spawning rate.

After cyclops - you're gonna want to start fighting Warbots or maybe heading to the swamp caves or maybe fight some fire mobs around the canyon sectors

eprodigy
12-05-05, 00:53
once you can use a energy barrel and/or multi lightning bolt El Farid is the best bet (especially for a hybrid since you might be able to be fine there without a ppu).

sHaKeY
20-08-05, 08:31
glad to see this thread grow keep helping them noobs guys
ill be back in the game to pk you guys soon :)

Rubycat
20-08-05, 16:43
what about for people starting city merc? should we just keep killing tose security bots in the Punits till we move on?

eprodigy
20-08-05, 18:25
what about for people starting city merc? should we just keep killing tose security bots in the Punits till we move on?
dont start CM :angel:

Torg
20-08-05, 20:19
dont start CM :angel:
i started a CM rifle spy lately, grabbed my lazar rifle, run out of the base, emptied my ammo on a warbot. i did damage, and got exp. next i sneaked up to the bunker, asked for team, made an occasional shot at a mutant or cyclops. shortly after i bought an archer companion and got into big levelling business. you cant move on faster.

sHaKeY
22-08-05, 18:56
start CM and just run to neocron its a good long run but worth it. hit the sewers and then to missions for aggy captains