PDA

View Full Version : Neoscan - Resist tracker

Herrad
19-09-17, 18:15
I've written an application that watches your logs and presents the information broken down into total unmitigated incoming damage, damage received after resists, how much you resisted, a breakdown of your resist sources (Shields, Armour and Skills) and whether you cap your resists. Each hit is broken down into the compositional damage types, showing all of this information for each type of damage (fire, poison, energy, etc.). All in real time.

Installation is pretty straight forward:

You'll need to enable damage logs by adding the line ENABLELOG = "TRUE" to your neocron.ini

Grab a copy of nodejs from here (https://nodejs.org/en/) (6 and up should be fine).
Open a command prompt and run:

npm install -g neoscan
With that done you should be able to run:

neoscan --help

Assuming you got back a help screen there you're good to go.

Running neoscan is as simple as running the command:

neoscan watch <character>

That will log all damage output including healing, the -h option disables heals from showing.

You'll need to wrap your name in quotes if it contains a space.

Neoscan assumes you've installed neocron in the default location of C:\Games\Neocron 2.2 CE and that it logs to a folder in there called logs. You can override this by tacking on the location of your logs to the end of the command up there, like:

neoscan watch <character> -h C:\Neocron\logs

Any suggestions or problems please let me know by replying here or raise a Github issue at: https://github.com/Herrad/neoscan/issues

Zoltan
20-09-17, 11:29
No need to say..... <3

Kalonji Faya
27-09-17, 12:56
omfg, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for !!

Thank you soooo much for that !!
I'll give it a try and give you a feedback :)

Kalon

Kalonji Faya
27-09-17, 13:47
Mate, just did what you told in your post, type the command : neoscan watch Kalon

but all I have is the cmd cursor blinking and even after waiting 10-15 minutes it's still running... What should I obtain, should it open a webpage with resists ? or is it shell displayed ?

Any help would be welcome :)

Kalon

Kalonji Faya
27-09-17, 21:39
omg, just understood what's happening here, Z is trying to steal resist setup from any player installing resist tracker !
We're all doomed

Kalon

Herrad
28-09-17, 12:26
Mate, just did what you told in your post, type the command : neoscan watch Kalon

but all I have is the cmd cursor blinking and even after waiting 10-15 minutes it's still running... What should I obtain, should it open a webpage with resists ? or is it shell displayed ?

Any help would be welcome :)

Kalon

check where neocron is installed on your machine, I think the default installation is slightly different than what I baked into the code.

You need to stick the path to your neocron installation at the end of the command so if NC was installed in say C:\My Secret Place\Neocron I'd run the command:

neoscan watch Herrad "C:\My Secret Place\Neocron"

Kalonji Faya
28-09-17, 16:23
Thanks a lot for answering mate !!

I'll give it another try tonight !!
Indeed I tried with the command -h mysecretplace but it didn't work, only cursor blinking, have to hit ctrl+c to end process...
I'll tell you tonight or tomorrow if I get anything working or not !!

Thanks anyway for what you did for the NC community !!

Kalon

Kalonji Faya
29-09-17, 09:47
Mate,

I did other tries yesterday but I still got nothing happening or maybe I'm looking at the wrong place...
I tried the neoscan scan mychar -h log_folder_place , I saw it did something and then it went back to the console, but when I try the neoscan watch command thecursor keeps blinking and nothing happens.

Anyway in both cases I have no files generated or nothing happening...
I checked in my NC install folder and log folder for new files but found nothing at all, so I'm wondering what should happen ?

Could we have some quickstart guide ? Something simple just to learn how to setup, use and how to obtain results !

If you can't please at least give me some information so I can make some quickstart guide :)

Thanks for all !

Kalon

Kalonji Faya
29-09-17, 09:53
Hi Herrad,

I did other tries yesterday but I still got nothing happening or maybe I'm looking at the wrong place...
I tried the neoscan scan mychar -h log_folder_place , I saw it did something and then it went back to the console, but when I try the neoscan watch command thecursor keeps blinking and nothing happens.

I checked in my NC install folder and log folder for new files but found nothing at all, so I'm wondering what should happen ?

Could we have some quickstart guide ? Something simple just to learn how to setup, use and how to obtain results !

If you can't please at least give me some information so I can make some quickstart guide :)

Thanks for all !

Kalon

Herrad
30-09-17, 04:35
Hi Herrad,

Thanks for all !

Kalon

If you're not getting any log files then it means you've not turned on logging. You need to edit your neocron.ini and place this line in there:

ENABLELOG = "TRUE"

Kalonji Faya
30-09-17, 15:25
Mate,

I have the log files for all my chars, ENABLELOG is enabled, what I don't get is what should I obtain ?
How results can be read, where are they put ? Is there a new file generated with data inside ?

Thanks in advance for you answer :)

Kalon

Herrad
30-09-17, 16:02
Ah I see,

The results are printed on screen in your command window. The best way to test it is to remove the -h parameter and cast a heal in game, it'll print out stuff on the screen showing your healing.

If it's still not working it means it can't find your log files. I'd suggest making sure the path to your NC installation is wrapped in double quotes. Same goes for your character name.

Herrad
30-09-17, 16:07
Damn it I'm wrong sorry, it needs to be the path to your logs directory, not your base install. So sorry for wasting your time there!

Kalonji Faya
30-09-17, 17:19
Cheeeeeeeeeers !!!

It's fully working now !!
I'll test all my runners resists !!

Thank you soooo much !!

Kalon

William Antrim
04-10-17, 20:51
Great work.

Mozencrath
10-10-17, 22:54
Sounds pretty cool thanks a bunch

nabbl
19-05-18, 12:35
Just seen that. Thats amazing work!

Is Damage dealt not part of the log files anymore?

Kalonji Faya
03-06-18, 11:38
Hi runners !

For those who still have problem using that tracker a quick tip : command line must be very well written, for me it didn't work just because I held a \ at the end of the log folder path... ( it ended with ...\logs" instead of ...\logs" ).

The good way to make it work is :

Prompt>neoscan watch "runner name" "logs path" /that's if you want real time tracking

or

Prompt>neoscan scan "runner name" "logs path" /that's if you want a deep scan of your log files for resist tracking

Any filter option like -h to filter health should be placed between the runner name and the logs path :

Prompt>neoscan watch "runner name" -h "logs path" /real time tracking but with health filtered

Feel free to ask if you have any other question and I'll try to answer if possible :)
Have a nice day runners !!

Kalon