PDA

View Full Version : Allow unlimited stacks/Remove Stacks of 3

bmurph101
20-07-17, 07:16
Title says it all.

Remove the limit on stacks of 3 for Survival kits, Boosters, etc. Let us put all our Kits on 1 key, Boosters on another key, etc.

Mal
20-07-17, 10:59
Not sure I agree with this.

Having 3 kits per slot is part of a character's resource management. It's part of the challenge of the game.

You can use more than 1 quick slot, at the expense of other items already - which again, is part of the challenge.

On the other hand... being able to have 4 or 5 charges per kit would be a lot more convenient.

RuNmAN
20-07-17, 11:30
Keep stacksize, auto-refill from inventory (as long as kits, boosters,...are available) but with a global cooldown of ~10 seconds for similar items. QoL increased; "challenge" (dragging small icons around the screen) remains.

William Antrim
20-07-17, 13:56
Its not a challenge. Its fucking irritating. It is the same irritation of having to switch spells out because the dont last long (primes mostly). Every other game has a button where you can change stuff in the UI on the fly. I realise this game wont ever get to that sort of interface but these kinds of small changes absolutely go a long way towards helping it stay relevant.

If the lore states that a quickbelt can take a healing serum/cocktail of medical substances and inject them into a runners bloodstream at the press of a button to regenerate flesh suffered under gunshot trauma then why the fuck does it only stop at 3 shots?

It makes no sense why it hasnt ever been changed. I have made a thread similar to this previously and I am fully behind Bmurph on this one. It would help all classes out if you had the same deal for Psi boosters/stams/medkits. Have one slot for each set of consumables and people might actually use some other stuff, like hack tools, poke tools or whatever.

Convenience is the key here, resource management is knowing WHEN to pop a medkit/stamina booster/psi booster midfight not when to refill your belt.

bmurph101
21-07-17, 00:06
Its not a challenge. Its fucking irritating. It is the same irritation of having to switch spells out because the dont last long (primes mostly). Every other game has a button where you can change stuff in the UI on the fly. I realise this game wont ever get to that sort of interface but these kinds of small changes absolutely go a long way towards helping it stay relevant.

If the lore states that a quickbelt can take a healing serum/cocktail of medical substances and inject them into a runners bloodstream at the press of a button to regenerate flesh suffered under gunshot trauma then why the fuck does it only stop at 3 shots?

It makes no sense why it hasnt ever been changed. I have made a thread similar to this previously and I am fully behind Bmurph on this one. It would help all classes out if you had the same deal for Psi boosters/stams/medkits. Have one slot for each set of consumables and people might actually use some other stuff, like hack tools, poke tools or whatever.

Convenience is the key here, resource management is knowing WHEN to pop a medkit/stamina booster/psi booster midfight not when to refill your belt.

Will pretty much said everything I need to say as for my reasoning why, and the last sentence accentuates what true resource/stat management is.

Any time you have to stop, open your backpack, and drag stuff around during combat, there is an issue.

Assimilator
21-07-17, 23:25
WTB modern day quality of life improvements.

bmurph101
22-07-17, 01:52
WTB modern day quality of life improvements.

+1 m8

Torg
24-07-17, 12:33
So it's up to us (somewhat): what is it we want to play? A simplified combat game, like so many, or an MMO gently making you think about what you're doing. Even while doing combat. It's a different approach. Yes, removing stacks-of-3 would make the game easier, more convenient. And less interesting.

Did i tell you i tried WoW once? I deleted it at Lvl 7 or so. This game is clearly for kids, or adults with very, very simple needs. I'm happy there are games like Neocron. Really.

bmurph101
25-07-17, 00:21
So it's up to us (somewhat): what is it we want to play? A simplified combat game, like so many, or an MMO gently making you think about what you're doing. Even while doing combat. It's a different approach. Yes, removing stacks-of-3 would make the game easier, more convenient. And less interesting.

Did i tell you i tried WoW once? I deleted it at Lvl 7 or so. This game is clearly for kids, or adults with very, very simple needs. I'm happy there are games like Neocron. Really.

If you're trying to imply that a more streamlined, more sophisticated UI that inherently makes combat more smooth and more complex is somehow making the game worse, then I don't know what to tell you.

Mal
25-07-17, 15:22
Increasing the number of medical packs isn't changing the UI, it's changing how artefacts sit within elements of the UI.

And I'd argue that increasing the doses reduces complexity, as there's less micromanagement of the toolbar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea. I'd LOVE another toolbar entirely for reasons like this :)

Torg
04-08-17, 11:54
If you're trying to imply that a more streamlined, ... UI ... is somehow making the game worse... Yes. that's what i'm saying. Making this MMORPG more shooter-like will destroy it.

William Antrim
04-08-17, 12:15
I have to disagree Torg, the shooting element and the open world combat is what kept this game alive for this long.

JoshCooper
04-08-17, 18:18
I agree with the idea here. Stopping to refill your quickbar isn't fun and certainly doesn't provide any challenge. I'm surprised anyone is actually against this idea.

Whether by use of a heal / stam button or increasing stack size I don't really mind.

I just care about the increased QoL and not having to stop fighting as often to refill quickbar.

Torg
07-08-17, 19:42
I have to disagree Torg, the shooting element and the open world combat is what kept this game alive for this long.Well, i don't see a contradicion here. . If all you can do in an mmo like this after you've used up all Pve content is to PvP, then we should hope for mor PvE content (new items, mobs, missions, areas, challenges) rather than giving it up and reduce the game to just another Counter Strike.

bmurph101
08-08-17, 02:18
Yes. that's what i'm saying. Making this MMORPG more shooter-like will destroy it.

The game has 30 actives who play the game. It was destroyed long ago.

There's not sense in making things a pain simply for the sake of being a pain.

This would be a QoL improvement that while small, would certainly go a long way.

Torg
08-08-17, 10:28
The game has 30 actives...Yes, and i don't want it to stay this way. What i want is new players, so if we're adding any QoL , please care for new, unexperienced players instead of flattening the experience for vets.

bmurph101
09-08-17, 02:44
Yes, and i don't want it to stay this way. What i want is new players, so if we're adding any QoL , please care for new, unexperienced players instead of flattening the experience for vets.

You know what new players don't want to see?

- Players being able to melee from 50 ft away.
- One class getting a MASSIVE advantage from others in the form of immortality at the click of their mouse
- A shit mechanic that forces them to constantly stop farming, fighting, or any other activity to continually drag shit from their backpack into the hotbar

Allowing us to put all of our consumables on respective keys would be an enormous QoL change for old and new players alike.

If you're going to quit the game because of an objectively superior mechanic, then you're cancerous.

<---- Triggered by stupidity

William Antrim
09-08-17, 09:04
Well, i don't see a contradicion here. . If all you can do in an mmo like this after you've used up all Pve content is to PvP, then we should hope for mor PvE content (new items, mobs, missions, areas, challenges) rather than giving it up and reduce the game to just another Counter Strike.

So make another thread about it.

Torg
09-08-17, 17:33
So make another thread about it.Excuse me, but... no. I still believe we should ask for more starter/newbie content instead for flattening NC into an average online-shooter. No need to agree to my position enthusiastically, this is just my own humble opinion.

William Antrim
10-08-17, 13:42
If you think PVE needs to be improved then make a thread and in the spirit of good discussion we will discuss/critique your ideas.

The change suggested here affects every player at every level from 0/2 right through to cap, LE'd or otherwise. It doesnt turn the game into a flat shooter, it does however replicate modern mechanics of pressing a single button to use a "skill" which you will find in every single MMO from WOW to the Division to any other more modern game you can care to even think of.

So yes, excuse me.... but yes.

Trivaldi
10-08-17, 14:32
'Ello,

Changing the mechanics of the RPOS and Quick Belt is some what more of an involved change. What we could do very quickly is create additional tiers of items for Medkits, stamina and psi boosters. These higher tiers would cost more and offer more charges, reducing the number of times you'd need to move items from inventory to quick belt.

I'd be in favour of these items being purchasable only from NPCs at cost of (X*Charges)+Y, where Y is an add on cost which would vary between the three existing tiers of medkits, for example, and this new fourth tier. This gives us a much needed money sink and gives the option of paying an in-game premium for the convenience which I think is quite a nicely balanced situation.

bmurph101
11-08-17, 01:08
If you think PVE needs to be improved then make a thread and in the spirit of good discussion we will discuss/critique your ideas.

The change suggested here affects every player at every level from 0/2 right through to cap, LE'd or otherwise. It doesnt turn the game into a flat shooter, it does however replicate modern mechanics of pressing a single button to use a "skill" which you will find in every single MMO from WOW to the Division to any other more modern game you can care to even think of.

So yes, excuse me.... but yes.

The voice of reason

William Antrim
11-08-17, 11:10
'Ello,

Changing the mechanics of the RPOS and Quick Belt is some what more of an involved change. What we could do very quickly is create additional tiers of items for Medkits, stamina and psi boosters. These higher tiers would cost more and offer more charges, reducing the number of times you'd need to move items from inventory to quick belt.

I'd be in favour of these items being purchasable only from NPCs at cost of (X*Charges)+Y, where Y is an add on cost which would vary between the three existing tiers of medkits, for example, and this new fourth tier. This gives us a much needed money sink and gives the option of paying an in-game premium for the convenience which I think is quite a nicely balanced situation.

If the end result means that the playerbase gets an item with say - 100 charges in it instead of 3 then yes I think this idea would go a very long way towards fixing this issue.

If you made said items also recyclable - at very high skill levels/junk requirement - you might even create another sub-economy. However if you made this item cost like 50k credits or something for one then yeah it would be a nice cash sink for a capped player also.

Torg
11-08-17, 15:04
What we could do very quickly is create additional tiers of items for Medkits, stamina and psi boosters. These higher tiers would cost more and offer more charges, reducing the number of times you'd need to move items from inventory to quick belt.

I'd be in favour of these items being purchasable only from NPCs at cost of (X*Charges)+Y, where Y is an add on cost which would vary between the three existing tiers of medkits, for example, and this new fourth tier. This gives us a much needed money sink and gives the option of paying an in-game premium for the convenience which I think is quite a nicely balanced situation.This appears to be a nice solution for a minor issue: Some Super-Medikit sold at very high prices at NPC vendors, not cloneable, with 4 or 5 shots (uses) instead of 3, so the runner would have an balanced advantage in fast combat situations. For Pve it would be useless anyway, just different.

William Antrim
12-08-17, 11:55
This appears to be a nice solution for a minor issue: Some Super-Medikit sold at very high prices at NPC vendors, not cloneable, with 4 or 5 shots (uses) instead of 3, so the runner would have an balanced advantage in fast combat situations. For Pve it would be useless anyway, just different.

I think you have an overwhelming desire to have the last word and you are grudgingly agreeing, even though it is obviously killing you but I am glad that you have finally seen sense. :)