PDA

View Full Version : Double XP Request

Odimara Orca
06-07-17, 00:53
Hello

I'd like to WoC my PE.

Any Idea when we can expect the next double XP?

Without any boost it's artrocious.

Thanks

Odi

Apocalypsox
06-07-17, 08:30
Reloaded everything up hoping for some july 4th weekend neocron shooty shooty bang bang hella XP action, sadly it was all for naught.

William Antrim
06-07-17, 13:51
Hopefully with another marquee event.

Odimara Orca
06-07-17, 20:40
honestly though it's been a while.

Drake6k
06-07-17, 20:51
NST said one reason they aren't doing double XP or permanent double XP is then noobs level so fast they can't afford gear. Noobs aren't making enough money, while capped people in Elfarid are making >500k per hour.

I suggest making all kill and delivery missions give 500% more money (I dunno exact amount, just pulled 500% out of my ass). They could give more XP too. It wouldn't be that hard to do and it would help the new player experience a lot.

Don't get me started with how bad the current mission system is. I did two Black Dragon delivery missions, one sent me to the TG Canyon and paid me 500nc, the other sent me to FA HQ (enemy HQ) and the guards 1 shot me. Kill missions are way too specific, with radiated roach, black roach, and roach all being different missions. They don't have the tech to make multiple mobs count for same objective.

Yes, double XP would be great and would only help the game. Aegir said AoE was getting buffed (thank fuck) so that will help too. Hopefully the double self-damage gets reversed as well.

Last 24 hours on kill board:
Sarah Laursen killed oneself in A MC5-AREA with a Street Model Grenade Launcher
Wiledan killed oneself in A MC5-AREA with a Street Model Grenade Launcher

Sad. I wonder if they even left MC5.

Vid Gamer
07-07-17, 04:51
Honestly at this point double XP should just become the new norm in XP gains.

Mal
07-07-17, 10:16

Quoted for truth.

Odimara Orca
07-07-17, 12:17

QFT

on the money issue:

Honestly that's easy to fix. Just double the money reward for low level mobs and kill missions.

No reason to wait till kingdom come with that.

William Antrim
07-07-17, 14:20
Or make the junk worth more at a Yos Vendor.

A long long time ago we had an NPC in the TT hq who gave us anti-radiation suits (before Spy PA came along) so that as spies we could go and fight the DOY bots without any real aggro. (In context the DOY bots used to one or two shot most people who didnt have much xray resist). We never had xray bones back then either.

However part of the mission to get said suit was to also collect a large amount of loot to be sold for money to this particular vendor.

To the best of my recall I believe I have seen official word from at least one GM saying that implementing an NPC in a similar role would not take a huge amount of work. I may have made this up or it may be that this ability has been lost over time but if it is still possible to add temp NPCs with a small script and the ability to generate funds and remove items from the runner inventory then this is potentially another good way to generate said funds.

alternately what about having a wealth redistribution event - something player run - everyone chips in 1m credits and you give it to the "newbs" in the form of a lottery prize. Admittedly this is a band aid solution to a larger issue but it might well work for the short term/as a one off to show good will to fellow man/woman/cybernetic monster-daemon friend.

Mal
07-07-17, 16:38
QFT
Just double the money reward for low level mobs and kill missions.

I'd say up the reward on Easy to Hard missions. As soon as they hit EF, money's no longer a factor.

Odimara Orca
11-07-17, 11:29
How's it looking with double XP?

Load_HeavyLoad
12-07-17, 10:54
Or make the junk worth more at a Yos Vendor.

A long long time ago we had an NPC in the TT hq who gave us anti-radiation suits (before Spy PA came along) so that as spies we could go and fight the DOY bots without any real aggro. (In context the DOY bots used to one or two shot most people who didnt have much xray resist). We never had xray bones back then either.

However part of the mission to get said suit was to also collect a large amount of loot to be sold for money to this particular vendor.

To the best of my recall I believe I have seen official word from at least one GM saying that implementing an NPC in a similar role would not take a huge amount of work. I may have made this up or it may be that this ability has been lost over time but if it is still possible to add temp NPCs with a small script and the ability to generate funds and remove items from the runner inventory then this is potentially another good way to generate said funds.

alternately what about having a wealth redistribution event - something player run - everyone chips in 1m credits and you give it to the "newbs" in the form of a lottery prize. Admittedly this is a band aid solution to a larger issue but it might well work for the short term/as a one off to show good will to fellow man/woman/cybernetic monster-daemon friend.

why did you tell everyone about the thing at the place??!???

bmurph101
13-07-17, 01:09

I've asked numerous times about doing something along these lines, but everyone complains and says "nope, not doing any kind of entrance fee"

William Antrim
15-07-17, 16:33
why did you tell everyone about the thing at the place??!???

sssh. I told them about the thing, the place is still secret.

Odimara Orca
24-07-17, 22:29
So any update on double XP or a PE WoC fix?

Mal
25-07-17, 15:28
So any update on double XP or a PE WoC fix?

How can there be an update, when NST haven't said they were doing anything? :lol:

Odimara Orca
25-07-17, 16:15
How can there be an update, when NST haven't said they were doing anything? :lol:

I'm dying to WoC my PE here I deserve at statement at least!

Mal
26-07-17, 16:46
I'm dying to WoC my PE here I deserve at statement at least!

I'd suggest that no response after 20 days is the statement in itself.

William Antrim
26-07-17, 19:51
I can't blame them.

Odimara Orca
27-07-17, 15:25
I'd suggest that no response after 20 days is the statement in itself.

That's a shit marketing strategy.

William Antrim
31-07-17, 12:45
In case it escaped you there has never ever been a marketing strategy in NC. The original publisher was called CDV and they borked the release. Since then this game has relied on word of mouth and the occasional article on a couple of websites.

I think they have more pressing matters to attend to however.

Vid Gamer
01-08-17, 18:53
Actually, wasn't there a "No More Elves" marketing thing back in the day? (push back at WoW)

William Antrim
01-08-17, 20:45
Actually, wasn't there a "No More Elves" marketing thing back in the day? (push back at WoW)

That wasnt a marketing thing, it was a few people here on the forum who changed their signatures to say that in order to stamp their virtual feet at the droves who left this game to play Wow.

Combes
02-08-17, 10:46
More double xp please! :angel:

Torg
04-08-17, 11:33
i request combat xp gain to be lowered to 50% for matching the low xp in trade professions (cst, res, rec).

bmurph101
05-08-17, 12:51

"No Elves" was a marketing campaign for Global Agenda during their ad campaign.

Enjoy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxFKDzW0qdg)