PDA

View Full Version : Safezones (Clubs, Bum Asylum, HQs)

Drake6k
14-12-16, 23:05
I'm happy with Plaza 1 being a safezone, and I think most people are fine with P1, but what about the others?

The clubs in Pepper Park, HQs, and Bum Asylum provide safe zones touching all Pepper Park sectors. If those all became regular city sectors, how do you think that would affect Pepper Park PvP? I'm honestly not sure. People would zone into the sewers more and try to take advantage of the greater SL penalties down there. People wouldn't be able to run away as easily. People couldn't park a PPU in a safe zone nearby.

Other safe zones include Tiki club, Electric Vibes club, and DoY city center. I might be forgetting a few.

I'm inclined to vote against all safe zones, but P1. What do you guys think?

Breakaway
15-12-16, 12:08
I agree mate . Would make things a lot more interesting also I would like to see less copbots in plaza 2 as that used to be an awesome place to fight

Sophie
15-12-16, 14:03
Here we go again.

Why keep P1 as safezone you softies?
No safezones now!

Oh...wait....there used to be a server like that, oh and it died very fast.

Lets make all Plaza and Viarosso into safezones again, keep the city safe.

Where are the S.T.O.R.M. Bots in these sectors to protect the inner city?

Yinyin
15-12-16, 15:47
Yes I agree. One safe zone for a trade hub is all that is needed. If you want safe zones leave LE in.

kakihara
15-12-16, 20:53
I agree with these changes. I think we should only have one safezone as well: plaza sec 1.

But, with that being said.. What makes you think any of you motherfuckers matter to the glorious and amazing NST? You guys don't know a GOD DAMN thing compared to their vast knowledge.

We are but fucking peons in this fucking world. If they ask you to suck their dick, you better wet your fucking lips.

Everything we know is incorrect.

I have bills to pay and bitches to fuck. I don't have time for bullshit like slow ass leveling, but they will remove double xp if it isn't gone already. Great. That means during what free time I do have, I have to devote it to the most boring part of this game: leveling and hunting rares. You know what the good parts of the game are? Exploration and PvP. Yet, we set the barrier so high up that so many people would leave this game before they truly experience it.

The NST knows more than we do. We are fucking retards. Beg away, motherfuckers, it won't matter anyway.

DIS
15-12-16, 21:46
And while we're at it, make HQ raids possible again, make copbots killable and reduce their damage and bring back TG raids so we can have some real good scraps inside NC.

And if you don't like it, leave your LE in so you can sit and watch by the sidelines like all the LE players who don't want to contribute to the real game.

kakihara
15-12-16, 22:18
And while we're at it, make HQ raids possible again, make copbots killable and reduce their damage and bring back TG raids so we can have some real good scraps inside NC.

And if you don't like it, leave your LE in so you can sit and watch by the sidelines like all the LE players who don't want to contribute to the real game.

Yes. There's really no reason that copbots shouldn't be able to be killed. You're telling me that my fucking amazing, rare weapon can't dent a copbot's armor, but their standard copbot plasma rifle melts my face off in seconds?

Same with standard guards in the HQ.

Are you guys really afraid of a couple copbots and guards dying, and somehow it will destroy the world if they do?

It makes more sense for stormbots to be OP as they are the militarized version, but not copbots.

bmurph101
15-12-16, 22:37
Been asking this for a while.

/signed

Drake6k
16-12-16, 01:13

Hell yeah. City pvp could be so much fun.

What if you could raid HQs and steal their FSM items, that would be super cool.

If players could actually kill copbots and take over city sectors that would be really awe inspiring to the LE'd noobs.

Hammer
16-12-16, 12:22
sorry for my bad following english ^^

There was a time when P1 and HQs where no Safezones. Funny times ;) Today we need p1 a safezone, because the community isnt so big that you can move this main trading place to different places.
But why are HQs still a safezone? Thats rly not a must have. Why is MB sec 1 a safezone? So Enemeys of City Mercs can go save in MB sec 1, and you cant remove them?! That srly make no sense.

So my vote is to keep p1 as a safezone to keep the community alive (Trader, poker etc). But we don tneed more than this one. HQ Raids are so funny

Yinyin
16-12-16, 16:23
One consideration is that making some of these zones unsafe is opening them up for exploitation (pve). Anyone remember 'the pimp' from nc1 in what I believe was club Veronique? Very easy levelling there.
So of course if they do it, it won't be as easy as just switching off safe zone.

DIS
16-12-16, 16:32
I don't see why you can't level from guards or npc's, in NC1 we would find all sorts if creative ways to level and it breaks down the monotony of the usual spots. And if you attacked an enemy faction hq you would guarantee some action too.

Drake6k
16-12-16, 17:29
I don't see why you can't level from guards or npc's, in NC1 we would find all sorts if creative ways to level and it breaks down the monotony of the usual spots. And if you attacked an enemy faction hq you would guarantee some action too.

I agree with leveling off guards, but I don't think they should give XP to LE'd runners. This way it would reward and encourage PvP between factions.

Viper 911
16-12-16, 17:35
Ok I could see reasons why they would keep HQ's safe, stop players from farming HQ mobs especially those that hand out quests for the epic missions, basically shutting down completion of the quest lines, and on top of that for the same reason of being there for epic quests, you are giving more reason for players to keep LE's in, at least till epic quest completion, something a lot of the known gankers and PKers on this forum want to see less of. On a personal level I would not be bothered either way, I rarely leave plasa 1, but for those wanting to kill players for fun, your promoting reasons for players to not give you your wish :).

DIS
16-12-16, 20:59
For epic quests I get that, I am sure important NPC's could be set to take zero damage. Although in NC 1 we did raid faction HQ's, they don't tend to last long as the risk vs reward factor is against you here.
Guards don't drop anything useful nor do you receive money, I suppose its more of a PK'ers idea of RP in a round-about way, invade an enemy faction HQ and expect a fight out of it and gain some XP on top.

If we still had stockX, invading a faction HQ and killing a top level guard could affect the markets, so that would make it worth doing, or you could get BP of that factions DB items from a single mob.

I still think the risk of being pk'ed in NC is low, yes its going to happen when you cross paths with a ganker but how often does that honestly happen anyway?

Viper 911
17-12-16, 03:08
I just feel in a time where certain types of players are trying convince players to encourage players to rip out LE's, doing things that encourages the opposite is maybe not the best approach, also on how often you likely to get ganked, I actually feel it's also dependent on character class to a degree, some class's can potentially escape, and some class's vendors for items/armor are more dangerous to purchase due to vendor placement. IE monks and PP.

drenergetico
18-12-16, 00:13
I agree. Still remember when Plaza 1 was not a SZ.
Today, due to low population, would maintain P1 but others you mentioned (and HQ and so) should not be, even MB.

Odimara Orca
18-12-16, 12:54
I also agree, Zonewhoring into Clubs should be disabled and would make PP PvP way more interesting.

But lvling hot spots like MB might be nice to stay safe. Else I already see Ufail grieving bambis everyday ;-)

HQ's as non safe zones I agree with.

Epic Mission NPCs, FSM and Recruiters should take no damage though.

Odimara Orca
18-12-16, 13:00
Yes. There's really no reason that copbots shouldn't be able to be killed. You're telling me that my fucking amazing, rare weapon can't dent a copbot's armor, but their standard copbot plasma rifle melts my face off in seconds?

Same with standard guards in the HQ.

Are you guys really afraid of a couple copbots and guards dying, and somehow it will destroy the world if they do?

It makes more sense for stormbots to be OP as they are the militarized version, but not copbots.

I agree. Gaining XP and Symp from HQ guards would also be nice! Maybe there's even the possibility of adding a "Captain of the Guard" kind of HQ mob, which drops a new kind of rare or rareparts for every faction?

There would be quite a lot of possibilities here to expand content.

Drake6k
19-12-16, 18:22
So, since Zoltan made HQs into non-safe zones to try out (thank you!) the only people I've seen affected was one tradeskiller that didn't know and my own clan trying to zone-whore into DRE HQ and dying because we forgot, lol. I love it.

I do find it odd that HQs would get adjusted before PP clubs and Bum Asylum, those being in the shady parts of town. It would also be cool if the strippers were killable (no SL loss) so we could fire wocket launchers inside the club and accidentally murder a handful of them, would add to the entertainment.

drenergetico
20-12-16, 15:50
I was talking about this with another player, he is a trader and is very worried about the removal of safe zones.

Let me detail some points of this conversation, so you will take it as a starting point... there are two premises:

1) I love PvP and Im a pker, no matter the situation, op wars, duel, arena, infiltration, excepting ganking newbies of course.
2) He is a trader and love to trade, sell, social and relationships.

Neocron is a dystopia, things have not gone fine for the world and it is quite insecure, even some places of the city are... listen, can you hear it ?... "dangerous criminals sighted inside the inner city limits ". That is one of the reasons to open SZ to combat, the other is to satisfy people like me (PvPer) and to avoid the "zone whore" kids.

But, traders does not like combat, they do not like surprises, they even do not like to be in danger. My friend allege that there must be SZ because every game must have a secure zone for traders and because there have to be a definitive power represented by the game, in this case, a corporative plaza or HQs where enemies can not attack.

On my side, I proposed that NC world should be opened and sandbox, this freedom will probably create some interesting situations like mercs that protect traders, traders paying to bounty hunters to achive a revenge, groups raiding inner zones of the city, to defend HQs against enemies... and many other.

So, how devs should manage the enviroment to make these two kind of profile happy and playing ?, is a very hard to balance ingredient, too much PvP will pull out traders and a low PvP quality will reduce the exciting, so PvP players will leave. NC population are not much, so, any movement may have a hard effect.

As I said, I like confrontation and excitement, enjoyed playing games like Rust (you can be raided even when not connected) and Nether (SZ may be disconnected without notice), even played games where your apartment could be hacked (will not say the name here). So, if you ask me, I probably would say: "release the dogs of war", but we all need traders, NC need that kind of players too, not only to imp or research, because they are a part of the population, if you realize, they make Plaza 1 vibrant and a real city... love that too.

Should be finishing this post, too much to read, sorry, but just let me to add one more comment. Safe zones should not be opened till security and penal system are at a proper level. I think that devs should increase the number of cop bots in some city locations. That will let players or groups to attack but with a very high level of risk, because police and security forces (in case of HQ) will be enough to counter it allowing traders to run, ask for protection and of course, sometimes to die... why not. In this scenary, players would have to freedom to make attacks and pay the price, on the other side traders will have some zones with very good security but not safe.

Again, traders are important as they are a part of population, do not think that would be any trouble if a trader gets killed from time to time, but if they are ganked in a daily basis, they will left for sure. Some people like games where you can play without combat, NC has some features that may attract those players, this should be taken in consideration.

Other topic in consideration would be the penal system aside of the soul light and how to manage that kind of crimes, but, not now... thank you for reading :)

Hammer
20-12-16, 16:30
Neocron is a game fokused on pvp Not on trading Or crafting .i also like pve and trading, but i dont Need more than p1 as safezone for my traders. If i need to travel in City, i Use an obliterator. Also in hqs. If i like to run missis in some hq, ich also Can use stealth when a non le Player come to lokal.

And than There is the law enforcer. Use this Feature if you never like to have some Adrenalin

Celt
25-12-16, 15:38
Neocron is a game fokused on pvp Not on trading Or crafting .i also like pve and trading, but i dont Need more than p1 as safezone for my traders. If i need to travel in City, i Use an obliterator. Also in hqs. If i like to run missis in some hq, ich also Can use stealth when a non le Player come to lokal.

And than There is the law enforcer. Use this Feature if you never like to have some Adrenalin
The vast majority of players of both NC1 and NC2 were PVPers second, at best.

The argument that "NC is a PVP game we must make it as unfriendly as possible to anyone who might want to do other things than PVP" is a bloody stupid one. In that case, enjoy your game with all of 10 players who just insult each other on chat.

All of the city should be a safezone again. HQs shouldn't be, MB shouldn't be. Just like it was in the heyday of NC.

New players, or players who don't pvp often, should have a handful of zones that they can feel safe in. You have 99% of the zones of NC to PVP in, stop being so selfish.

DIS
25-12-16, 17:27
The vast majority of players of both NC1 and NC2 were PVPers second, at best.

The argument that "NC is a PVP game we must make it as unfriendly as possible to anyone who might want to do other things than PVP" is a bloody stupid one. In that case, enjoy your game with all of 10 players who just insult each other on chat.

All of the city should be a safezone again. HQs shouldn't be, MB shouldn't be. Just like it was in the heyday of NC.

New players, or players who don't pvp often, should have a handful of zones that they can feel safe in. You have 99% of the zones of NC to PVP in, stop being so selfish.

Is that not what the LE is for though? If a player does not want to risk being killed then they can keep the LE chip in, safe in the knowledge they can go anywhere they like without any repercussions.

The selfish thing here is to put the entire city on lock down and turn the game into Neobore, that will really encourage players to return. Majority of tradeskillers are spy's and have access to stealth or they are a monk and can self buff. But how much ganking actually goes on within the city not including pepper park? I personally feel it does not happen that often.

It's not about making the game unfriendly, its about balancing things out... I'd be fine for them to make Viarosso safe zones as a lot of new players start there, but plaza (apart from 1) and the other zones should be as they are now.

Off-topic but as I have repeated on so many threads, missions in the city sectors for players which provides item rewards to help them out would really go far and it will encourage them to explore more of the city and outzone. New players are easily overwhelmed or get bored of the grind at early stages, missions/quests would break that up and provide them with incentives to go on.

Celt
26-12-16, 02:20
Is that not what the LE is for though? If a player does not want to risk being killed then they can keep the LE chip in, safe in the knowledge they can go anywhere they like without any repercussions.
No, the LE is to allow players to experience the world (to a limited degree) while being safe from PVP. Plaza/VR were about creating a safezone/hub both for new players to get to grips with the game and to allow existing players to mingle safe from PVP.

The selfish thing here is to put the entire city on lock down
"It's selfish to give non PVP players more than one safezone in an entire game".

Are you actually reading what you're writing? That's an incredibly dim thing to say.

and turn the game into Neobore
Plaza and VR were safezones at the height of Neocron's popularity. People didn't call it Neobore back then, so your point is clearly invalid.

that will really encourage players to return.
I'm glad you agree. Yes, in a small way, having a safe city will encourage players to return and more importantly, players to stick around.

Majority of tradeskillers are spy's and have access to stealth or they are a monk and can self buff.
Back in NC1/NC2 the majority of tradeskillers were nothing but 100% tradeskillers. Not 'hybrids'.

But how much ganking actually goes on within the city not including pepper park? I personally feel it does not happen that often.
Then what's your issue with extending safezones?

It's not about making the game unfriendly, its about balancing things out...
How is having 1 safezone vs 300+ non safezones 'balance'? Again, excellent perspective.

I'd be fine for them to make Viarosso safe zones as a lot of new players start there, but plaza (apart from 1) and the other zones should be as they are now.
Well, why don't you explain why you feel that way rather than nonsense about balance and neobore?

Christ, this forum sounds like an echo chamber half the time. "Neocron is PVP, there is nothing in Neocron but PVP, PVP must come first, PVP is the be all and end all" as if the vast, VAST majority of players through Neocron's history were anything more than casual halfhearted PVPers.

People on here really need to get a sense of perspective and realise that their views on what Neocron was and is, are not the only ones and indeed, counter-majoritan.

DIS
26-12-16, 04:50
No, the LE is to allow players to experience the world (to a limited degree) while being safe from PVP. Plaza/VR were about creating a safezone/hub both for new players to get to grips with the game and to allow existing players to mingle safe from PVP.

There is nothing limted about it, other than some slight XP and money malus, they can still join non LE teams and they have access to the entire game world other than clans.

"It's selfish to give non PVP players more than one safezone in an entire game".

Are you actually reading what you're writing? That's an incredibly dim thing to say.

Don't be ridiculous, non PVP players have the LE option.

Plaza and VR were safezones at the height of Neocron's popularity. People didn't call it Neobore back then, so your point is clearly invalid.

No because the previous developer did not listen to the community back then, they ruined PVP by allowing constant zone line warping into safe zones and freeze weapons, I was part of NC1 at it's peak when raids in TH were a common occurance, did that put anyone off making an FA character? In-fact it brought FA together as a faction to deal with the gankers and encouraged some of the great clans of the day.

I'm glad you agree. Yes, in a small way, having a safe city will encourage players to return and more importantly, players to stick around.

You have to be willing to make allowances for everyone, but I do no think it will make as a much of a difference as you think.

Back in NC1/NC2 the majority of tradeskillers were nothing but 100% tradeskillers. Not 'hybrids'.

There were Spys, with access to stealth later in nc1, if you had a monk tradeskiller you could/can use PPU's to buff tradeskills and defence.

Then what's your issue with extending safezones?

I do not feel it is necessary.. example I want to hunt a low SL player in the city, but I can't even draw my guns... or I want to take revenge on another player who killed me previously in the wastes... plus I enjoy the fact that at any point I could get attacked, it whats make Neocron so unique compared to other MMO games.

How is having 1 safezone vs 300+ non safezones 'balance'? Again, excellent perspective.

Opinion, I am entitled to one..

Well, why don't you explain why you feel that way rather than nonsense about balance and neobore?

It's not nonsense, it's my opinion, I think your idea of turning NC into safezones is nonsense, but as a fellow forum member I'd not point that initially as its just rude.

Christ, this forum sounds like an echo chamber half the time. "Neocron is PVP, there is nothing in Neocron but PVP, PVP must come first, PVP is the be all and end all" as if the vast, VAST majority of players through Neocron's history were anything more than casual halfhearted PVPers.

So you're no different than the rest of us, NC is a PVE game, PVP is secondary, but you clearly prefer the limited PVE aspect of the game which is fine. I can assure you than the vast majority of players from NC1 enjoyed PVP, or certainly the ones who played on Pluto.

People on here really need to get a sense of perspective and realise that their views on what Neocron was and is, are not the only ones and indeed, counter-majoritan.

I agree, the more opinions the better, perhaps if more people spent some time on the forums to give feedback then the dev team would be able to steer the game to a more central direction that suits everyone, as it stands now, it suits me fine... but I give my opinion and take part in polls as they arise.

Doc Holliday
26-12-16, 10:16
No safe zones means no zonewhoring. players banding together to protect traders would also bring a greater sense of community. That i think is critical to drawing people in.

when people leave jobs they always say its not the job i will miss its the people. why cant the same be said about social activities such as gaming?

Farril
26-12-16, 12:38
Please do not confuse LE and Safezones. They serve completely different purposes and audiences.

My very own and personal opinion: Safezones do not have influence in Zonewhoring. If safe zones would b removed, fights would still be at zone borders for a quick escape. We have been there and seen that.

And then this is Neocron! the old citadel serving as shelter for what is left from mankind. If not to be safe in its innerst core, what would be the purpose of neocron anymore?
Btw I still fancy some faction wars in faction HQs

DIS
26-12-16, 15:16
My very own and personal opinion: Safezones do not have influence in Zonewhoring. If safe zones would b removed, fights would still be at zone borders for a quick escape. We have been there and seen that.

Perhaps not in the way you would think, I'll give you an example.

I want to PVP in pepper park, I go there to hone my skills against other players who are there for the same reason, sometimes its friendly, sometimes its not... but its what makes Neocron great.

Then another player loses the upper hand, so he logs his alt PPU in the club and dual logs, he can then buff himself across the zone line and give himself a major PVP advantage.

If you were to make Plaza safe zones (not talking p1 here), but remove this element from clubs inside pepper park, you would get the same issue just at it was in NC1.

Zone whoring will always happen, no one is going to just accept their fate and will try to escape, its a pain but there is still a chance you can kill the player, going back to safezones will just make the problem worse.

I love Neocron's PVP, I know which clases I can take and which I cannot depending on my chosen character, but having players use PPU's in a safezone changes that, this is one reason why I do not like safe zones. P1 100% agree safe zone, shit i'd even say let viarosso be safe too if it keeps new players happy, but safezones anywhere else is just unwanted and causes player frustration for reasons mentioned above.

Drake6k
27-12-16, 01:21
I pvp in PP1 every single day and I completely disagree with "Safezones do not have influence in zonewhoring."

People will still zonewhore, but if you have two people, one goes in, one stays out, they won't get away.

The reason I use kamis so much in PP1 is because it ends fights when the loser would otherwise run through into a safe zone. Nothing frustrates me more than winning fights and having them run into safe zone every single time.

I would even make all the dungeons in Pepper Park into city sectors instead of dungeon sectors. People killing noobs in Pepper Park sewers ISN'T an issue. It's a shit place to level and most people use LEs in the first place.

Who are you protecting? The mythical non-LE noobs that level up in Pepper Park sewers? Or the large portion of oldschool loyal players who take PvP seriously and keep this game afloat.

Farril
27-12-16, 15:17
Zone whoring will always happen, no one is going to just accept their fate and will try to escape, its a pain but there is still a chance you can kill the player, going back to safezones will just make the problem worse.

Just to make sure: I am not for adding more safezones and I like the idea of fights in the HQs.
I am just against removing all safezones, because it will not solve anything and just open up issues we already know.

But that is - i repeat - my personal opinion. I have no problems implementing changes I do not favor but are a plus for the community.

@Drake6k,
Trying to ignore parts of the community does not help you get new opponents, it is more like reducing diversity and if not directly then indirectly reduces any possible influx you'r opponents are coming from. You may say, that there is no diversity, so who cares but i believe we need to allow it beforehand and get diversity as a result.

On the point itself:
If there is no impact in leveling within the city limits because that is broken anyways like you said, then the broken system has to be fixed rather then destroying it any further, don't you agree?
I think we all do not want to administer the loss, but revitalize again.

At least that's why I am working on fixing old annoying bugs, even tho I could say that it does not harm, as everyone is used to it. But I think it's the other way around: only those who are used to it don't care, everyone else is turned away by it.

DIS
27-12-16, 16:50
Just to make sure: I am not for adding more safezones and I like the idea of fights in the HQs.
I am just against removing all safezones, because it will not solve anything and just open up issues we already know.

But that is - i repeat - my personal opinion. I have no problems implementing changes I do not favor but are a plus for the community.

Sure I understand, I just wanted to explain my reasoning here that's all.

It's also nice to see a member of the NST providing opinions here as that's really important so thank you for your input.

OT: It would be really nice to see some of the places like the pepper 3 sewers getting a revamp, that place is pretty impressive but its so empty and I would love to see all the leveling area's connected, I.E the end of the Aggressor cellars could lead into the pp3 sewers and vice versa, would really make those area's feel less linear.

Odimara Orca
27-12-16, 21:28
Really my biggest pain point are the Safezones, bordering to active PvP zones, a.k.a. Clubs in Pepperpark.

Any opinion on this farril?

Odimara Orca
27-12-16, 21:35
Just thinking about Elevator fights in Clubs and dead dual logged PPU's gives me a boner.

Remove safe Clubs NOW!

Viper 911
28-12-16, 01:45
Now I know my opinion means very, very little amongst many who post on these forums, but I'm curious, why not move the PvP to a different zone? I used to remember the days when other pp zones were used for these mini fights, even some of the outdone zones(which was actually a lot of fun), surely some issues some peeps are experiencing with PP1 for an example could be sorted just by a community deciding to move pp1 fight to another zone? 1 without safe zone boarders?

DIS
28-12-16, 03:04
Now I know my opinion means very, very little amongst many who post on these forums, but I'm curious, why not move the PvP to a different zone? I used to remember the days when other pp zones were used for these mini fights, even some of the outdone zones(which was actually a lot of fun), surely some issues some peeps are experiencing with PP1 for an example could be sorted just by a community deciding to move pp1 fight to another zone? 1 without safe zone boarders?

Everyone's opinion is valid and welcome imo, it's getting people to agree on going to other zones to fight, each pp area has a safe zone directly connected to them so that would mean fighting in OZ sectors, but as the advantage of moving to another zone like that would go against players, its unlikely they would fight there as they won't be able to park their ppu alts in any surrounding safe zones.
We have called out in the past in OZ to see if anyone would show, but no one did.

Jodo
28-12-16, 03:29
The reason I use kamis so much in PP1 is because it ends fights when the loser would otherwise run through into a safe zone. Nothing frustrates me more than winning fights and having them run into safe zone every single time.

Then why PvP in the city at all? I don't understand how so many people seem to be against having safezones but so many won't even PvP out in the wastes. You really need to decide what kind of PvP you want before trying to change the game for everyone else.
I'd think pushing PvP outside of the city would be beneficial to PvP'ers and makes the most sense from a story/RP point of view.

Drake6k
28-12-16, 03:40
Then why PvP in the city at all? I don't understand how so many people seem to be against having safezones but so many won't even PvP out in the wastes. You really need to decide what kind of PvP you want before trying to change the game for everyone else.
I'd think pushing PvP outside of the city would be beneficial to PvP'ers and makes the most sense from a story/RP point of view.
I do not love Pepper Park pvp. I go there because there are guaranteed fights and because my clan fights there. We do go roam the wastes all the time. We often take a gang of vehicles, leaving from either Battle Dome or DRT and going over the whole map. We get fights at MC5 over base commander. We sometimes hack a layer of an OP and try to fish for fights that way.

If the clubs were not safe zones then people wouldn't all go straight to PP1 anymore.

Edit: Also, we're not "changing the game for everyone else." The clubs being safe zones would only affect Pepper Park pvp; they are not leveling or trading zones. You've still got Plaza 1 and your LE chip. Do people think we're trying to gank noobs in Club Veronique? There are no noobs there.

Celt
28-12-16, 04:44
I did nothing but PVP in Neocron, anyone who remembers me from Uranus will attest to that. I never 'duelled' or took part in the Pepper Park nonsense, I was out in the wastes op warring day in day out for months, often on my own or with just one or two others against entire clans.

I remember one particular situation where I was chasing down 2 uTs members who had started destroying turrets at Malstrond, a PPU and a tank. I almost killed the PPU before the two of them PPU bolted for the zoneline. They then proceeded to zone right from the very southwest corner of H9, making it almost impossible for me to tell if they were zoning to H8 or G9. They proceeded to do the same from G9 (H9 or G8?) and G8 (G9 or H8). When I guessed it wrong, they had time to heal and rebuff. Eventually they ran for Gabanium, most likely out of boredom as neither of us could gain an advantage. I didn't moan about zonewhoring, or insist that the game be changed to suit me. It was PVP and a perfectly valid tactic. Indeed, I learned from that experience and used it infrequently myself as a means to escape when outnumbered.

What does Plaza 2 being a safezone have to do with this? Nothing. Because I come from a time when people actually PVPed. No-one cared that the city had safezones because people looked past their egos and accepted that Neocron was a game that engendered many different kinds of play, from pepper park divas to op warriors to softie tradeskillers to people who just wanted to hunt warbots.

People who maunder on about how important the ethic of PVP above all else really have no idea just how unappealing they make Neocron. If people wanted a pure PVP game, why would they ever play Neocron? Why would they even play an MMO?

Ignoring all that, how bloody stupid is that a militaristic repressive regime allows its citizens to fight each other willy nilly in the central areas of it's sole city? What happened to the idea that Via Rosso, Plaza, Pepper Park and the Outzone were meant to literally represent the lessening of Reeza's grip, allowing players more and more freedom as they escaped Neocron's boundaries? That the walls/etc became grubbier and dirtier the further you went from VR was by design, as was the lessening grip of safezones and indeed, not even copbots/stormbots by the end.

But nooo, PVP must come first even if it completely destroys the soul of an area.

Jodo
28-12-16, 10:10
I do not love Pepper Park pvp. I go there because there are guaranteed fights and because my clan fights there. We do go roam the wastes all the time.

So would you agree that forcing PvP outside of the city is the best answer rather than encouraging it? The game has never been designed nor based around zoneline hugging but on exploration and conquest (whether PvP or PvE).

drenergetico
28-12-16, 10:12
Guys... devs... safe zone whoring does have an easy solution.

In other games, you can not zone out if you are flagged as PvP.

Let's say for X seconds, that will avoid that someone marked as PvP status (he has shoot a target) would be able to zone, he will have to wait. Do not know how versatile is the new framework Pegasus or it has to be hard coded, but, I think that is a real solution.

Arguing that the SZ removal is due to zone whoring may not be completely true as zone whoring (maybe) would be solved by another way and SZ status, IMHO, are more related to traders, new players, city enviroment and many other features, but not zone whores.

So, we all would have tons of oppinions to remove or keep SZ, but I think that we all must want to solve the zone whore issue, so, when it's solved, we could have a clear view about SZ.

Odimara Orca
28-12-16, 14:18
Guys... devs... safe zone whoring does have an easy solution.

In other games, you can not zone out if you are flagged as PvP.

Let's say for X seconds, that will avoid that someone marked as PvP status (he has shoot a target) would be able to zone, he will have to wait. Do not know how versatile is the new framework Pegasus or it has to be hard coded, but, I think that is a real solution.

Arguing that the SZ removal is due to zone whoring may not be completely true as zone whoring (maybe) would be solved by another way and SZ status, IMHO, are more related to traders, new players, city enviroment and many other features, but not zone whores.

So, we all would have tons of oppinions to remove or keep SZ, but I think that we all must want to solve the zone whore issue, so, when it's solved, we could have a clear view about SZ.

I don't think there is a PvP Flag mechanic in NC :(.