PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Hybrids

Drake6k
21-11-16, 00:53
They're completely overpowered. (what a surprise)

It's the ones that have holy shields that are just unkillable.

Please reply if you agree.

Hell-demon
21-11-16, 01:14
Not surprised, balance has never been a strong point in development. Monks needed some loving as they were too weak but now introducing the hybrid element has made them too powerful again.

More work needs to be done with balancing, especially implants, and it needs to be soon with the new influx of players we have now.

kane
21-11-16, 10:36
Not surprised, balance has never been a strong point in development. Monks needed some loving as they were too weak but now introducing the hybrid element has made them too powerful again.

More work needs to be done with balancing, especially implants, and it needs to be soon with the new influx of players we have now.

TBH these developers idk their true background and experience. But OP Classes is a sexy things to stimulate a community for a while. Say 3 months and then nerf them down to some sort of acceptable levels. It happens all the time in MMORPG's and people think these idiot devs at times but the truth is it's strategically done.

That being said I'm not claiming it here but why not let Hybrids have a month of fun and bring them down to acceptable levels?

Brawl
21-11-16, 12:18
I play a holy shield hybrid and from my experience they are fairly strong 1v1 melee damage is a joke but weapons like dev and ak are doing good damage and present a challenge vs someone who can aim them. They are far from impossible to kill I have to disagree but going toe to toe with a hybrid alone will always be difficult

Maxx
21-11-16, 13:26
Poison needs a little nerf that’s about it. Hybrid should be most powerful 1 v 1 as he has the ability to self buff... In an op fight Hybrid falls in line with the other character classes. Get yourself a decent piercing weapon and you shouldn’t have a problem taking them down. Yes dev is one of the weapons that can take a hybrid out, but there are more ;)

Brawl
21-11-16, 16:20
Defiantly agree with the above. Not forgetting apu with a well executed antibuff

DIS
21-11-16, 17:50
Myself and Jack are forced to use unusual / dirty tactics to bring down hybrids, however with each class I have tried it's basically suicide to 1 on 1 a hybrid, I don't mind a challenge, but come on they are not balanced at all.
Even 2 pe's get easily mashed by them.

I don't believe any one class should have such a massive advantage, but that's up to the Dev team, I will still use team work and bring them down and keep adding those lovely 5 slot spells to my collection.

Nooq
21-11-16, 19:12
From what i've heard and gathered, it's poison spells or poison / resist in general that's the problem and not so much the Hybrid itself.

Which is quite obvious with how broken Chaos caves and reagant are atm, even with full heavy kevlar, chaos mobs pretty much one-shot you.

My money is on poison resist not working at all OR poison ignoring resists or a combination of both.

Brawl
21-11-16, 19:26
My hybrid can hit with fire apoc and holy lightning with a psi combat buff while running holy heal and shields but the damage from the rares is less than lower tl weapons. This is something to look at as hybrids can stack shit loads of of ppu and put out very reasonable damage with very little apu skill. Its more to do with damage scale really although poison and force damage types seem to be very effective right now

Brawl
21-11-16, 19:30
I got another build that uses rare shields and still hits good with basic psi attack spell.

Hell-demon
21-11-16, 21:31
Come on guys post a build so we can all bask in the the carnage

Ajam
22-11-16, 02:36
Hi there I am new to the game, I have seen hybrids in action and think they are cool. Might be a bit too powerful but let's see what everyone else thinks.

Drake6k
22-11-16, 03:10
Hi there I am new to the game, I have seen hybrids in action and think they are cool. Might be a bit too powerful but let's see what everyone else thinks.

I think hybrids are cool too. I just think they're a bit OP right now. I don't mean for this thread to be like "nerf them into the ground" more like, let's have a discussion about how to balance them.

Jodo
22-11-16, 03:48
I think hybrids are cool too. I just think they're a bit OP right now. I don't mean for this thread to be like "nerf them into the ground" more like, let's have a discussion about how to balance them.

Then you titled the thread poorly. "Hybrids discussion" or "Hybrid re-balance" would have had a less polarising feeling.

hudsonbeck
22-11-16, 04:05
This same thread topic has come up again and again and again since forever. The only time they weren't perceived as OP was when they were completely unplayable.
They are fine right now. I think all classes need tweaks but to say NERF HYBRIDS is ridiculous.
Even if they were to be mildly more powerful than most other classes in 1v1, why shouldn't they be for a skilled hybrid player. They have both passive and aggressive powers. Will a pure ppu beat every other class in 1v1? Will a pure apu?
Some people get owned by a few hybrids and the nerf bat already comes out. The hybrid is probably the most played class right now because it's fun and people haven't had it in a loooooong time.
Give it time, all classes need tweaking.

+1 to what Jodo said.

Drake6k
22-11-16, 04:33
Then you titled the thread poorly. "Hybrids discussion" or "Hybrid re-balance" would have had a less polarising feeling.
You're right, my bad. I still have a bit of a "fuck hybrids" attitude inside. It's really frustrating when you can't 2v1 them.

I always thought the PE was supposed to be similar to a hybrid. High defense, lower damage. Libby, termi, pain easer, etc, were once viable and PEs had better defense, but not anymore; spys, tanks, and hybrids can still outlast a PE. I'd rather see other classes and weapons buffed than anyone nerfed.

bobhoskins
22-11-16, 10:12
You're right, my bad. I still have a bit of a "fuck hybrids" attitude inside. It's really frustrating when you can't 2v1 them.

I always thought the PE was supposed to be similar to a hybrid. High defense, lower damage. Libby, termi, pain easer, etc, were once viable and PEs had better defense, but not anymore; spys, tanks, and hybrids can still outlast a PE. I'd rather see other classes and weapons buffed than anyone nerfed.

I dont like writing in the forum so much ... but posts like this force me to... hybrids are very slightly op because of posion currently.. only slightly.. Poision damage is a little bit too high across all characters. I havent found a hybrid that i am unable to kill with a private eye. Dont complain about nerfing a character because your using the wrong weapon or not hitting with enough consistency. That kind of feedback can result in worse balancing to a state where a charcter is unplayable. A pe can take down any hybrid 1 on 1. If you disagree please show me otherwise.. proof is in the pudding

kane
22-11-16, 11:15
I dont like writing in the forum so much ... but posts like this force me to... hybrids are very slightly op because of posion currently.. only slightly.. Poision damage is a little bit too high across all characters. I havent found a hybrid that i am unable to kill with a private eye. Dont complain about nerfing a character because your using the wrong weapon or not hitting with enough consistency. That kind of feedback can result in worse balancing to a state where a charcter is unplayable. A pe can take down any hybrid 1 on 1. If you disagree please show me otherwise.. proof is in the pudding

I can't comment on End game but did the Devs not actually state that it was about the right Armor / Weapon types now for PvP/PvE? These choices have a bigger impact then before? I might be wrong but I swore I saw that somewhere so you are correct in that people need to use the right tools for the job.

Sevendust
23-11-16, 08:20
Ahem...

STFU, quit whining, and learn how to play. Hybrids were always supposed to be stronger 1v1. You can't kill him solo? Try using piercing, force, poison, and better aim. Oh, maybe try not having very little poison resist also. You and your friend cant kill him? bwahaha, yall suck then. OR, you're actually up against someone that can aim very well. -- BS aside, poison is almost always the lowest resist in anyone's build. NC has never had poison PSI spells do most of the dmg instantly instead of over time. It may need to be changed back to how it was where it lasted a good bit longer (~20 secs?) over time, and the instant hit only did about 10% of the total dmg. How it is currently, the only real choice is poison for offense. No diversity in spell use. (psi attack 2 doesn't cast smooth, and does less)

PS: Hybrid isn't my main, but I'm the reason they were nerfed for nc 2.2. Even though they were 100% fine and not OP.

Jodo
24-11-16, 16:58
I dont like writing in the forum so much ... but posts like this force me to...

It's good to talk.

Zoltan
24-11-16, 19:23
Hi,

unfortunately Evo 2.2 has ruled too long so much of the Evo 2.2 gameplay just became a habit.
As already stated in previous posts you have to vary your damage output like we all did in NC1.

Damage types become important again thats why we have all the colored numbers now. I personally would NEVER engage a enemy monk with energy weapon for example.

I would pick a weapon that does at least some piercing or force.

Z

kazvall
24-11-16, 20:32
That's nice, but as a capped melee tank, using weapons that mostly do force/piercing, I can't even get a hybrid to 75% health before he owns me. That's with the hybrid using poison spells on me.

It's time to retire my melee guy, the only class you have even a chance killing is perhaps a spy, until he stealths.

Odimara Orca
24-11-16, 20:48
Hi,

unfortunately Evo 2.2 has ruled too long so much of the Evo 2.2 gameplay just became a habit.
As already stated in previous posts you have to vary your damage output like we all did in NC1.

Damage types become important again thats why we have all the colored numbers now. I personally would NEVER engage a enemy monk with energy weapon for example.

I would pick a weapon that does at least some piercing or force.

Z

Maybe fix the damage output on low TL spells downwards and the problem would be solved?

As it currently stands if a TL64 does as much damage as a rare with much higher APU requirements no wonder they dont have to make any trade off between offence / defense.

Zoltan
24-11-16, 21:50
Maybe fix the damage output on low TL spells downwards and the problem would be solved?

As it currently stands if a TL64 does as much damage as a rare with much higher APU requirements no wonder they dont have to make any trade off between offence / defense.

https://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156810-R-201-2-24-November-2016&p=2236909#post2236909

Odimara Orca
24-11-16, 23:55
https://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156810-R-201-2-24-November-2016&p=2236909#post2236909

<3 love the soft patches.

Doc Holliday
25-11-16, 03:06
It's good to talk.

Think im the only person who got that one but god it was good :)

William Antrim
25-11-16, 11:16
That's nice, but as a capped melee tank, using weapons that mostly do force/piercing, I can't even get a hybrid to 75% health before he owns me. That's with the hybrid using poison spells on me.

It's time to retire my melee guy, the only class you have even a chance killing is perhaps a spy, until he stealths.

Do you have poison mods for the blades? Seems to me like the only really sensible weapon that would fit a poison mod tbh.

Paw of Bear/Tiger/Vein Ripper would all be good candidates I am sure.

I am not a melee player so I have little knowledge of them beyond basic. Is this a thing you can adapt to?

Odimara Orca
25-11-16, 16:22
Do you have poison mods for the blades? Seems to me like the only really sensible weapon that would fit a poison mod tbh.

What about Dev or AK? D-D-D-DISQUALIFIED!

On topic: As I reported 2 days after the patch has gone life. With low TL weaponry rivaling high TL weaponry Hybrids can have both pre patch apu damage values and all the Shields in the game.

Ofc it's broken thats why I keep saying: adjust the Damage on low TL weaponry!

Jodo
25-11-16, 18:15
Think im the only person who got that one but god it was good :)

Haha. Old and British is a requirement I think.

Teal`c
26-11-16, 14:42
There is still concentrated antidote+damageblocker u could use to avoid some decent amount of poison damage.

Nara
03-12-16, 11:48
Holy shield is stuff like absorber + deflector? Or psi shields? I have no clue about PPU stuff, but searching on techhavern I couldn't find anything about "Holy shield"

bmurph101
04-12-16, 05:51
Hybrids aren't terribly OP. They're definitely head and shoulders the best, but I wouldn't say it's the Hybrids themselves that are to blame. More the mechanics imo.

2 issues that put hybrids a little too high:

1) High TL weapons currently aren't worth it; using melee as an example, I can do roughly the same damage with a TL 84 Long Laserblade II/TL 90 Soulblade as the TL 115 Devil's Grace. Why? The stat requirements to get the MAX yield for a weapon are too high, and the ability to "overclock" a weapon's damage output (as in the dmg formula, get 85% x 115%) makes it so there's no REAL value to having a high TL weapon.

To get the DG to have MAX damage output (100% x 100%) I need 272 MC, 91 TC, and 116 STR. Doing that puts me at the ass end of resistances, so my damage values suffer. And spec'ing heavily into one area (in this case, MC) doesn't put you at any advantage because you hit the wall of diminishing returns too early.

Solution: Don't allow for the Overclocking of lower TL weapons (I.e., if it says the Max Energy damage you can do with a TL 90 is 90, regardless of how high you pump your stats, the max energy damage you should be able to do is 90, not 115 because you're so far over the stat requirements). Also, lower the threshold at which you hit diminishing returns so we can hit the 100% x 100% with higher TL weapons. You're selling out for that one particular style of play, and you should be rewarded for investing into high TL reqs.

2) Protections are too highly tied to armor values now as opposed to character setups. Prior to the patch, for example, if you were running full duranium and ran into someone with poison/fire weaponry, you were definitely at a disadvantage, but it was still doable. Now? You may as well get up from your keyboard and walk away, because they will kill you in about 10 seconds due to the ridiculous amounts of damage you take. Couple that with the outrageous DoT damages (even after the soft patch, they are still too high). Tanks running around with Devourers instagib people rofl.

That, coupled with no "true" poison resist armor makes for a bad time. Sure, heavy kevlar is in the game, but in comparison to the energy armor (duranium) and fire armor (inquisition) it is absolute trash in protecting you. Poison isn't the only issue, it just seems that way because most people don't have poison protection as readily available, but it goes the same with all damage types. If you bring Rock and the other dude brings Paper, barring a vast separation in player skill, you will lose by default just because of his setup, which doesn't make for fun gameplay.

Solution: Tie resistances more heavily to character setups and use armor as a supplement, not the other way around. Some people will say "hurr durr wear the right armor", but that's a shit response to a shit mechanic. I'm not saying you shouldn't be at a disadvantage if you bump into someone with a different damage type than what you're stacked heavy for, but you shouldn't Insta-Lose because of Rock/Paper/Scissors. Particularly in a game where spontaneous, random PvP is the heart and soul of why we all play. The current population makes those amazing moments difficult to find, and having them cut very short due to R/P/S is disheartening.