PDA

View Full Version : A couple of question to decide to test the game

darkbart
14-11-16, 14:30
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of question regarding the game :

is there an active community ? looking at the forum it seems there is little activity for some time now.
Are there guide for new player that are recent (maybe not for the last patch from a couple days ago, but something more recent than 2014 ?).

Is it still worth for a new player starting from scratch to play the game ?

Do you guys have any helpfull tips for new player (like link to explanation of classes and build ? I like playing healer in other game is it possible in neocron ?)

Is there a group of player accepting new player ?

Thanks in advance for your responses :)

DER_julu
14-11-16, 16:09
hello, and welcome.
at the moment there's quite some activity on the server itself, people in the ingame helpchannel are probably gonna help you if you got questions about the game and skilling. as for guides, i have got exactly zero clue.
yes, you can play a healer, although levelling a pure healer is a pain in the ass. the class you are looking for is a ppu (passive psi user), but you might want to level it as an apu (agressive psi user) or a hybrid, since a ppu can't really deal any damage and thus earns it's xp only in teamplay or via non-combative missions.

as for tips: try neocron without a lot of howtos and guides. yes, it might be slower, but there's a huge world out there to discover, and if you like sandboxes and games where you are not taken by the hand, you will experience it at it's best that way, in my opinion, exploring tunnels, sewers, the outzone.
oh, and leave the law enforcer (pvp-protection implant) in if you don't have a very high frustration tolerance ;)

darkbart
14-11-16, 16:27
Hello,

Thanks for your quick response :)

For what I've read psi powers are handled by the psi monk, is it a class that is ok for new players ? or is there a better starting class to get used to the game ?

hudsonbeck
14-11-16, 17:27
Hello,

Thanks for your quick response :)

For what I've read psi powers are handled by the psi monk, is it a class that is ok for new players ? or is there a better starting class to get used to the game ?

I think a monk is fine for starting. Since a hybrid monk ( both APU & PPU) is supposed to be viable again, it might not be so difficult. A tank is probably a good class to start with as well. He/She can take a lot of damage and deal a lot as well. As a tank you can get a recycle tool and put a few DEX points in recycle( I believe you only need as many recycle points as the item you are trying to recycle) to make your own ammo and medkits. That way you can go out and be self sufficient. Medkits will heal you as you need health.
Hope this helps. Sorry for the short reply, at work and not a lot of free time.

Get in game and just explore everything for the first time... there are many many people who are very envious of you getting to explore NC for the first time!