PDA

View Full Version : Dual logging issues

TheonlyoneIknow
04-10-16, 21:41
Hi guys,

Not played NC for approx 12 months, previously having all 3 of my accounts running simultaneously at times.

I am now running, (as most likely most of us are), Win 10 64 bit, (u/g from a previous Win 7 pro 64 bit).

This is my spec, (in case it matters):

i7 4770k @4GHz
GTX 670 2GB (yeah, I know, soon to be replaced).
16GB RAM
500GB SSD C: drive
2TB HDD
100Mb (direct connect) ISP

Currently, I have three clients, in separate folders, with their own client launcher. 1st client is NOT using Local Port, numbers 2 & 3 ARE, namely 6666 and 7777.

They are set to run as administrator, in Win 7 compatibility mode, (was previoulsy Win XP SP2 when running Win 7).

Individually, they all run fine. However, when I try and open a 2nd client, (not under the same account of course), I get the usual "Neocron is already running and may cause your system to become unstable. Continue yes/no" alert, I click YES and the 2nd client instantly shuts down.

Any ideas as to what, if anything, has changed in the last 12 months that might be stopping me from dual logging?

Any and all help much appreciated, tooik.

Xanthos
04-10-16, 21:59
Heyho,
first of all: Welcome back! :)

Since Patch #186 (http://neocron-game.com/patch-notes/patch-r186) you can adjust your updater.ini file.
"USELOCALPORT=0" will allow you to start more than one client (with only one installation).

Changed the use of USELOCALPORT in 'path/to/neocron/ini/updater.ini':
USELOCALPORT=0 now randomises the port on every client launch
USELOCALPORT=1 means using a predefined port via LOCALPORT=xxx
The availability of port randomisation allows multiple clients to be launched (dual logging) without player intervention

Is this working for you?

TheonlyoneIknow
04-10-16, 22:26
Hi Xanthos,

Amended each client .ini and tried to dual log with only one and 2 different launchers, with the same result as aforementioned.

In game, ALT+F shows I have 1023MB/1023MB memory. Does NC only alot 1GB of RAM per client now? iirc, it used to read 4096MB/4096MB?

Also, I am getting DC'd back to login screen upon zoning, using lifts, etc.

Thanks for the input fella, tooik.