PDA

View Full Version : Vedeena PvP Event | Friday 9th September - 21:00 BST/22:00 CEST

Trivaldi
05-09-16, 13:24
Join us on Vedeena at 21:00 BST / 22:00 CEST on Friday 9th September for two hours of PvP carnage.

The aim of the game is to get as many players on our Public Test Server as possible, taking part in a large scale PvP battle to get your feedback on our all new balance setup.

This new milestone in the balance project is to ensure the brand new weapon system and balance tooling is delivering the results we expect in real PVP. We're happy that the results of two years of active development are giving reliable results in our controlled experiments, that many bugs and peculiarities in the old code have been eradicated. Now we need your help to give it a real world test.

If you've not played on Vedeena in recent months you will find a whole new balance landscape, opening up opportunities to use more varied setups and weapons you may not have previously considered. Now with the right setup a lower tech level weapon can be just as devastating to your opponents.

Along side a battlefield full of new weapon opportunities you'll find:
Damage Over Time has returned to ballistic weapons;
A new Ionic Crossbow Rifle is available;
A new experimental rifle codenamed the SECOND LOVE is available;
A new class of PSI Heal Module allowing instant healing, if the PPU is skilled enough to cast with Line of Sight;
Decimals have been removed from all Armour and Implants;
Other than the removal of the decimal values, Armour and Implants currently have the same statistics as Titan..
Damage is more accurately displayed for AOE attacks;
Damage indicators are now rendered in higher definition for improved readability;
Damage indicators are now coloured to reflect the type of damage dealt, allowing you to see in real time which damage type is dealing damage;
You can customise the colours of damage indicators in your RPOS colour profile.
Information is now more accurately displayed in the Info Page of weapons including damage types, cap percentages and status indicators.

To help you help us, we've also created a new Character Transfers page which will allow you to copy your existing characters from Titan to Vedeena. More details and a link to the page will be provided some time this week. If you want to get ahead of the pack, you can quickly level up characters in the Neocronstruct where you will find everything you need to build new characters ready for Friday.

So get your Vedeena client up and running (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156516-Accessing-Vedeena-Neocron-s-Public-Test-Server) and join us this coming Friday at 21:00 BST / 22:00 CEST. We'll share event location details in the next few days.

MORE DETAILS (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156613-Vedeena-PvP-Event-Friday-9th-September-21-00-BST-22-00-CEST&p=2235827&viewfull=1#post2235827)

BE PREPARED! COPY YOUR TITAN CHARACTERS! (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156613-Vedeena-PvP-Event-Friday-9th-September-21-00-BST-22-00-CEST&p=2235837&viewfull=1#post2235837)

DIS
05-09-16, 13:31
Sounds good count me and Jack in, I will speak to the rest of our clan mates and ask them to join in too :)

bobhoskins
06-09-16, 10:51
Sounds cool, looking forward to trying out this ionic crossbow rifle...Will pop on with a few clan mates, any specific location in mind maybe an outpost fight ?

Trivaldi
06-09-16, 10:54
Sounds cool, looking forward to trying out this ionic crossbow rifle...Will pop on with a few clan mates, any specific location in mind maybe an outpost fight ?
We have some ideas around the event's location that we're toying with, we'll be sure to let you know in the next couple of days :)

Drake6k
07-09-16, 00:46
Sounds good!

carnaged
07-09-16, 03:26
can someone help me out with what time that is in America?

Drake6k
07-09-16, 05:33
can someone help me out with what time that is in America?
Google says 4pm EST

Zoltan
07-09-16, 11:03
I guess there is no need to remind you guys but I do it anyway to ensure everyone is on the track:

KOS @ ALL

bobhoskins
07-09-16, 11:27
Good stuff, there is currently no 10min drug that gives +Athletics on Vedeena, this should be the Paratemol X forte but it only gives health and con at present. Please can this be addressed prior to testing Friday.

carnaged
08-09-16, 00:50
Google says 4pm EST

thanks

Trivaldi
08-09-16, 01:08
Good stuff, there is currently no 10min drug that gives +Athletics on Vedeena, this should be the Paratemol X forte but it only gives health and con at present. Please can this be addressed prior to testing Friday.
There will be at least one more Vedeena patch prior to the event, so we can fix a few bits and pieces ready for the big fight. Drugs will be reverted to their current Titan state as part of this.

Trivaldi
08-09-16, 13:11
To keep things interesting we've decided to randomise the event location! Please meet in the Neocronstruct on Vedeena prior to 21:00 BST/22:00 CEST. We'll then randomise the location from a selection of favourite outposts and provide a teleporter to the outpost of choice.

Things you'll need to consider before the event:
Is your character fight ready?
Make sure you are not in a clan!
Make sure you know where the Faction Change NPC is in the Neocronstruct.
Are you a PPU or an APU? Well maybe you want to be a HPU. That's right. Hybrids are back!
Do you have FACTION chat turned on in the Hypercom?

At the beginning of the event we'll divide attendees into two groups. One in Twilight Guardian (Team Zoltan) and one in City Administration (Team Aegir). The form of the event will then depend on the number of attendees we have. So please encourage your clan mates to get prepared and show up. FACTION chat will be used to communicate within groups during the event.

bobhoskins
08-09-16, 16:29
To keep things interesting we've decided to randomise the event location! Please meet in the Neocronstruct on Vedeena prior to 21:00 BST/22:00 CEST. We'll then randomise the location from a selection of favourite outposts and provide a teleporter to the outpost of choice.

Things you'll need to consider before the event:
Is your character fight ready?
Make sure you are not in a clan!
Make sure you know where the Faction Change NPC is in the Neocronstruct.
Are you a PPU or an APU? Well maybe you want to be a HPU. That's right. Hybrids are back!
Do you have FACTION chat turned on in the Hypercom?

At the beginning of the event we'll divide attendees into two groups. One in Twilight Guardian (Team Zoltan) and one in City Administration (Team Aegir). The form of the event will then depend on the number of attendees we have. So please encourage your clan mates to get prepared and show up. FACTION chat will be used to communicate within groups during the event.

Sounds cool and good stuff with regards to the drugs.
Do you have a TeamSpeak to facilitate these teams as you plan to split the groups, if not I have one that could be used for the event?

Dasore
08-09-16, 20:37
Where can i copy my char?

Drake6k
08-09-16, 20:50
That rat kill mission at the Ceres temple is unnecessarily hard. I'm trying to get another character setup to fight with and chasing around this thing doing 1% of its health per hit, or less, while it almost kills me over and over. Besides that complaint, this event sounds good! I like the two team thing.

hudsonbeck
08-09-16, 21:35
Cross posted to hopefully increase participation.

Xanthos
08-09-16, 21:41
Cross posted to hopefully increase participation.

Many thanks! <3

bmurph101
08-09-16, 22:41
No new melee weapons

</3 </3 </3

Drake6k
08-09-16, 22:42
No new melee weapons

</3 </3 </3

I want a woc chainsaw.

Trivaldi
08-09-16, 23:08
Where can i copy my char?

This will be online as soon as possible.

That rat kill mission at the Ceres temple is unnecessarily hard. I'm trying to get another character setup to fight with and chasing around this thing doing 1% of its health per hit, or less, while it almost kills me over and over. Besides that complaint, this event sounds good! I like the two team thing.

Sorry about that, side effect of the still-to-come adjustments to NPCs to bring them inline with new damage output. This particular mechanism for getting enough XP to cap, will be fixed in the next patch to Vedeena.

No new melee weapons

</3 </3 </3
Not yet anyway... ;)

Drake6k
08-09-16, 23:22
Could we get a rez spell that has no requirements so everyone can rez on test server? When GMs are not around, dying in firing range is kinda annoying.

edit: even better would be an npc that can rez everyone in the whole zone

Trivaldi
09-09-16, 00:26
You can now copy your characters from Titan to Vedeena!

https://transfer.neocron-game.com/ (https://transfer.neocron-game.com/)

Please make sure that you have an empty character slot on Vedeena to receive the copied character. The name of your Titan character must also be available on Vedeena for this tool to work. It's important to note that you may need to resupply copied characters with some equipment from the Neocronstruct. Only your Armour, Implants, Quick Access Belt and Processor will be copied.

bmurph101
09-09-16, 04:40
Not yet anyway... ;)

You give me a big ass laser sword and you'll never get me off the game :D

bobhoskins
09-09-16, 11:05
You can now copy your characters from Titan to Vedeena!

https://transfer.neocron-game.com/ (https://transfer.neocron-game.com/)

Please make sure that you have an empty character slot on Vedeena to receive the copied character. The name of your Titan character must also be available on Vedeena for this tool to work. It's important to note that you may need to resupply copied characters with some equipment from the Neocronstruct. Only your Armour, Implants, Quick Access Belt and Processor will be copied.

"Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Seperate note whilst I'm writing here… are you planning to remove that horrible fire animation where you have rougly 10% visability when being hit with it?

Zoltan
09-09-16, 13:32
Seperate note whilst I'm writing here… are you planning to remove that horrible fire animation where you have rougly 10% visability when being hit with it?

Solved

Zoltan
09-09-16, 13:33
No new melee weapons

</3 </3 </3

<3 <3 <3 !

Bifrost
09-09-16, 14:26
"Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

This issue is resolved - thanks for the information. I've moved the related posts for this issue to it's own thread in the bug forum.

bobhoskins
09-09-16, 15:24
Brilliant good work, and the horrible fire stack animation?
I know you want to make NC look more appealing for new/existing players, but that shouldn't negatively effect the pvp experience which it does quite drastically.

Trivaldi
09-09-16, 15:30
Brilliant good work, and the horrible fire stack animation?
I know you want to make NC look more appealing for new/existing players, but that shouldn't negatively effect the pvp experience which it does quite drastically.

As per Z: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156613-Vedeena-PvP-Event-Friday-9th-September-21-00-BST-22-00-CEST&p=2235844&viewfull=1#post2235844

:)

bobhoskins
09-09-16, 15:35
As per Z: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156613-Vedeena-PvP-Event-Friday-9th-September-21-00-BST-22-00-CEST&p=2235844&viewfull=1#post2235844

:)

Ok missed that post, Cheers :)

gstyle40
09-09-16, 19:21
why is it that everytime i want to get on the test server i have to do download a million files. everything appears to be broken

Trivaldi
09-09-16, 19:53
why is it that everytime i want to get on the test server i have to do download a million files. everything appears to be broken
The test server is reset from time to time (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156517-Vedeena-Reset-Log-(May-16)). Please ensure you're configuring your test server client as per this process: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156516-Accessing-Vedeena-Neocron-s-Public-Test-Server

gstyle40
09-09-16, 20:28
The test server is reset from time to time (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156517-Vedeena-Reset-Log-(May-16)). Please ensure you're configuring your test server client as per this process: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156516-Accessing-Vedeena-Neocron-s-Public-Test-Server

yea, i did. and its downloading a million broken files. ive uninstalled, deleted, restarted reinstalled rinced and repeated. nothing changes. i have to download a million files no matter what i do. just gonna let it download all these broken files and see how long it takes. ive been working on this for over 2 hours now.

Trivaldi
09-09-16, 21:10
yea, i did. and its downloading a million broken files. ive uninstalled, deleted, restarted reinstalled rinced and repeated. nothing changes. i have to download a million files no matter what i do. just gonna let it download all these broken files and see how long it takes. ive been working on this for over 2 hours now.

What's the filename of the installer you're using?

Trivaldi
09-09-16, 22:08
We're just quickly applying T#235 to Vedeena. Once it's back, we're good to go.

Notes for the last few patches here: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156619-R-199-T-232-235-Patch-Notes&p=2235856#post2235856

Trivaldi
09-09-16, 23:27
We're also live on www.twitch.tv/officalneocron with a stream of the event, with myself and Kronos discussing some of the changes made since the last Titan patch!

Drake6k
10-09-16, 01:35
I had a lot of fun. I was mostly there on Run, my melee tank. Those new rares (rare stiletto and junk knife) were awesome. Melee felt fairly balanced. I was able to run even faster with drugs, roughly 150 ath and 150 agl and the speed felt similar to Titan.

Biggest problem I encountered was PPU buffs lowering damage taken by about 10x and then holy heal rapidly healing. PPUs are absolutely mandatory (same as Titan) and I don't like that; no one in my clan even wants to play one, we all wanna fight.

Great job with the live stream. I enjoyed the commentary and the extra info about patches and so forth. Near the end it kept cutting out for me, not sure if it was me or not.

I can't wait to see this stuff hit Titan. Gotta get me that poison junk knife asap.

Edit: Random idea I just had. Add the NC1 rare models back as alternatives to the current rares, with old model and sound. Make them take WoC +2. People could opt into those models for variety and vanity, without it affecting the current content or balancing. And maybe make PE WoC the same time investment as the other classes.

Same goes for alternative PAs that give you NC1 models. White shirt tank, dragon coat PE. Blue hair spy, etc. Maybe make the PA WoC +3

Trivaldi
10-09-16, 02:17
The entire team are incredibly grateful for the participation in the event tonight. We've gotten a ton of really helpful feedback and useful data. If you have anything else to add please do use this thread as a basis for it, so we know your feedback is related to the event. I had a lot of fun with Kronos on the Twitch stream, chatting a little more in depth about the changes we're making. For those unable to watch it, we'll have the video up on YouTube in the near future.

Drake6k
10-09-16, 03:00
Whenever I would get a rez I couldn't use my weapon until I did a long relog. This meant that if I got a rez and people were still fighting I couldn't attack anyone and would just die again. Any chance we could get a simple fix like a command to get PA and implants to sustain themselves? like /gear or something? It's something we've all lived with forever on Titan and I'm sick of relogging every time I GR or get a rez.