PDA

View Full Version : [R#199] T#202 - Patch Notes

Trivaldi
23-05-16, 22:32
Small patch with a couple of fixes. Main one is to enable the new test-only drug to make testing a bit easier.

+ Added TL labels to all tools without
+ Added "R" notation to all remote tools
+ Added PE and SPY notation to Jones Stealth Tools
+ Added I, II, III notations to Stealth Activators
+ Added Vedeena-only drug "Master of Poking". Gives temporary +115 implant skill and is available from the Tyler's Biochem Drugs vendor.

~ Fixed transparency for willows and reeds (first fixes for "broken alphas")
~ Overhauled doorbell textures

- Removed Yakarma and "FragZone" VOX adverts

Bragi
23-05-16, 23:44
I have noticed that two implants (the Commando CPU and MC5 Psi Enlightener) are not functioning properly.
An upcoming patch will introduce some bone changes, so this should be fixed when that arrives.

Ascension
24-05-16, 15:59
Removed Yakarma and "FragZone" VOX adverts

I say bring back Yakarma, psi shop to plaza 1 rather than remove VOX! :) If only for NC1 nostalgia!

RuNmAN
24-05-16, 16:32
Iam not able to create a character on Vedeena, every name is already in use. Any fix?

Kalonji Faya
24-05-16, 18:36
I have noticed that two implants (the Commando CPU and MC5 Psi Enlightener) are not functioning properly.
An upcoming patch will introduce some bone changes, so this should be fixed when that arrives.

Yop Bragi ! Can you please tell me what MC5 Psi Enlighter stats are please ?! Because I can see no stats... So while waiting for the patch you could perhaps give us an idea of that implant stats ?!

Thanks in advance !

Kalonji

Weazeler
24-05-16, 18:45
Iam not able to create a character on Vedeena, every name is already in use. Any fix?

Same issue as RuNmAN

Kalonji Faya
24-05-16, 18:52
Btw, I don't know where to post that, but I just went to Battledome to test my ppu setup against warbots and others mobs and I can say that electric shock from WBs has a way tooooo agressive stuning effect !!! It was as if I was totally overweighted...

I guess you still made no adjustment to mobs and their dmg output no ?

Sorry to ask so many question, I'm just coming back after a long break for family reason...

Kalonji

Bragi
25-05-16, 01:25
PvE dmg and freezers are still a bit of a mess as a result of 'under the hood' changes.

Some contemporary PvP info on freezers would be nice btw (especially low vs high TL).

Kalonji Faya
25-05-16, 08:03
Hi Bragi !!

No problem, I can log my tank or my spy to do some testing !! you want output dmg files after I shot the hit me one more time babe ?!

Kalonji

Odimara Orca
25-05-16, 10:54
Thanks!

Ascension
25-05-16, 16:59
PvE dmg and freezers are still a bit of a mess as a result of 'under the hood' changes.

Some contemporary PvP info on freezers would be nice btw (especially low vs high TL).

I took my APU to Pepper Park, and got shocked by a low-level NPC, and could hardly move. I also picked a fight with a copbot and could barely make it to the zone line before I got nuked!

Kalonji Faya
25-05-16, 17:21

Bragi, I'm sorry I don't remember how to activate the dmg output file ... Could you please remind me ?!

Thanks !

Kalonji

RuNmAN
25-05-16, 17:35
Bragi, I'm sorry I don't remember how to activate the dmg output file ... Could you please remind me ?!

Thanks !

Kalonji

Try to add
ENABLELOG = "TRUE"
to your neocron.ini file

should work, unless something has changed over the years.

Kalonji Faya
25-05-16, 17:48
Cheers pal ! I'll try it tonight @home :D

Kalonji

Bragi
25-05-16, 23:22
What I really need is the stun effect difference between low and high TL freeze weapons (and also the difference between low and high quality freezers).

We may still have an issue with a 'recent' change to the freeze effect where the power of the effect is inversely proportional to the 'quality' of the effect (low TL, poor quality freezers being more powerful than high TL, good quality freezers).

Ascension
26-05-16, 16:17
What I really need is the stun effect difference between low and high TL freeze weapons (and also the difference between low and high quality freezers).

We may still have an issue with a 'recent' change to the freeze effect where the power of the effect is inversely proportional to the 'quality' of the effect (low TL, poor quality freezers being more powerful than high TL, good quality freezers).

NPC freezers affected by the changes, as I was glued by a beggar with a stun gun?

Bragi
27-05-16, 00:24
NPC freezers affected by the changes, as I was glued by a beggar with a stun gun?

How does this compare to a WB stun?

PvP tests are better though. If you can find someone to test with and try a variety of different TL freezers and the same ones but store-bought, that would be great.

gstyle40
30-05-16, 21:29
Try to add
ENABLELOG = "TRUE"
to your neocron.ini file

should work, unless something has changed over the years.

no longer works. in an effort to stop hacking they made a switch on client/server side calculations. so that log no longer works.

Kalonji Faya
31-05-16, 10:23
no longer works. in an effort to stop hacking they made a switch on client/server side calculations. so that log no longer works.

So how can I enable damage outputs logs now please ?!
Thanks in advance pal !

Kalonji

Drachenpaladin
31-05-16, 10:53
So how can I enable damage outputs logs now please ?!
Thanks in advance pal !

Kalonji

There are non.

Drake6k
31-05-16, 19:43
How come implant values changed? All the chips that used to give +5 are now giving +9 or +10 to main attributes.

I've got 118 dex on my PE and could go even higher. PEs shouldn't be able to go past maybe 107 without drugs, and then that would involve 3 MC5 chips and very little weapon combat. If PEs can use the highest TL weapons in the game, that makes the lower TL rares even more pointless; this also fucks over Spys who had exclusive access to weapons like the Disruptor.

All the rare rifles that I've tested do the exact same amount of damage to NPCs (110) per hit.

I'll see if I can get some friends on the test server tonight to test more weapons and I'll test the various TL freezers as well.

Edit: Doorbell texture is nice, although mine still hovers slightly away from the wall.

Edit: Commando CPU (rare brain implant) does nothing.
Marine CPU still sucks, needs to give heavy combat

Drake6k
31-05-16, 20:54
I now have 126 dex without drugs on my PE and could go even higher with riggers dream.
I was able to make a 107 STR PE without drugs that could use a Cursed Soul.

I can't find the implant drug at any of the drug or medicare vendors, so I'm running around with 115 base implant right now.

I can't figure out how to cap my con on the test server, anyone know?

I keep getting stuck while logging in at "Updating Game Data" and I currently can't login.

Drake6k
31-05-16, 22:36
I was able to login, the "Updating Game Data" crash seems to randomly come and go.

All the rare pistols also only do 110 damage per hit (so burst weapons have the highest dps)

The rat from the rat mission in the Ceres temple killed my capped PE in one hit.

All the sewer mobs have low health, like 6% or 32%

All mobs have way more health than they should and take much longer to kill than on the live server.

Bragi
01-06-16, 19:45
Not sure what's going on with the implants, it could be a resurgence of an old bug/feature where main-skill bonuses were doubled. Not intentional.

As for the poke drug.

Bragi: "Zoltan, I need to add the poke drug fix, have you started the patch build yet?"
Zoltan: "Yes."
Bragi: "Oh, nm then....."

So I missed the boat as it were. It should have been in #203, double-check the sta/psi booster vendor.

Z is handling weapons at the moment and a lot is going on that I'm not sure of. From what you say, I think I know what's wrong, but saying what may be giving to much info on the way the weapons work.

I also can't log in at the moment; same result.

We're all running around trying to fix this. Keep an eye out for any announcements.

Falchion
01-06-16, 21:10
We're all running around trying to fix this. Keep an eye out for any announcements.

At this point I want to chime in and say: Thanks for testing at all! :)

We know its been a drought recently, and the summer hole is not going to make things look more lively, as usual around this time of the year.

But nonetheless, thanks to everyone helping and responding to us!

Bifrost
01-06-16, 22:01
I can't find the implant drug at any of the drug or medicare vendors, so I'm running around with 115 base implant right now.

Talk to this trader in the Neocronstruct - and purchase the "Master Of Poking" drug (Last drug in the 2nd group of red drugs in the list)

I can't figure out how to cap my con on the test server, anyone know?

1. Head to the Ceres Temple - use the shortcut in Neocronstruct to get there.
2. Talk to the "Super hard guy mission guy"
3. Kill the rat.
4. Rinse and repeat until you are capped.
5. Spend your skill points.
6. Warning: The rat contains nuts...I mean it bites.

Hope that helps. :)

Bruder Malmsdoo
02-06-16, 15:15
The rats cannot be killed atm

Drake6k
02-06-16, 19:16
Talk to this trader in the Neocronstruct - and purchase the "Master Of Poking" drug (Last drug in the 2nd group of red drugs in the list)

Thanks Bifrost! I guess I was blind, I found the poking drug now.

I was also able to cap con with the Ceres Temple rat mission. A friend of mine tried to level a new character with the rat mission, but the rats had so much health they regenerated faster than he could kill them. I killed the rat with the rare (TL 102) freezer pistol.

The testing shall continue.

brand
03-06-16, 17:26
k z is working on the weapon dmg. does he have any new ideas for that? or is he doing it like before

Bragi
04-06-16, 13:19
k z is working on the weapon dmg. does he have any new ideas for that? or is he doing it like before

Previously we largely worked with how the weapons already operated. Though the regular guns are quite manageable, drones and psi is a whole heap of MagiKK. Z's pulling the whole thing apart and remodeling it so we can alter/edit them consistently and they do what we tell them to.

Hell-demon
05-06-16, 16:51
Melee is terrible! With over 200 MC skill and a Devils Grace, I'm doing a crap 81 damage to a launcher cyclops. I gave up trying to kill it after 15 whacks with my sword and only getting down to 97% health.

Boost melee damage. It is broken.

brand
05-06-16, 17:48
don t think you should test weapons at monsters atm. i think atm they still need to redo all the weapons so it s not worth testing dmg at the moment.

Kalonji Faya
06-06-16, 08:25
not only melee is broken, all DMG is broken.... Z is working on it, all values where reset to 1 and now, they need to adjust !!
The only dmg output I found working well (maybe too much even) was APU HL, FA and HF spells...

Just wait for Z to finish the job ;)

Kalonji

Bragi
07-06-16, 02:39
not only melee is broken, all DMG is broken.... Z is working on it, all values where reset to 1 and now, they need to adjust !!
The only dmg output I found working well (maybe too much even) was APU HL, FA and HF spells...

Just wait for Z to finish the job ;)

Kalonji

It's not just simply a case of 'external' factors (pistol, melee, class, etc.) being reset; The whole weapon dmg system is a trek into 16 years of mangled code.

Internal changes/tests are promising for the under-lying mechanics, but the wider system will take a long time to calibrate.
Not to mention that meta player/class roles will undoubtedly have an effect on the base system.

One step at a time.

Ascension
10-06-16, 16:32
4 days of checking back here and nothing :wtf:, logged on the test server a few days and no one around.