PDA

View Full Version : Death Run 2: Canyon to Pepper Park

Torg
04-02-16, 20:14

Since some of you enjoyed reading about my adventurous travels from neocron city outzone station to the military base as a 0/2, i decided to turn up the volume (to 11, of course) and start in the canyon this time. And of course i had a mission to fulfill: Grab that Dex 2 Street Rifle, make some money to buy a TL 30 recycling tool, help yourself to some ammo, medpacks and stamina boosters and run south to the city to infiltrate the enemy's stronghold, Neocron, using a secret side entrance.

Spoilers ahead.

Clearing some canyon cave from spiders and snakes was the easy part. Within minutes i was able to buy the tool and head to the canyon exit, selling some valuable loot on the way out to some wasteland trader caravan. Not far from the trader's i met a guy totally out of his mind, yelling some gibberish about a volcano and lava and running for one's life, but i decided to ignore that madman. I had things to do.

From what i gathered from older Twilight Guardian fighters, the best way south was keeping to the mountainside, as east as you can go. Easy talk, as i soon run into some Grim Persecutors, greeting me with fireballs. Which i narrowly avoided, zigzagging between trees and wolves. Soon i was crossing a zoneline and had to sneak past more fire monsters to get into Grant Mine facilities. Proceeding to the street to the south, i just peeked over a hillslope at a group of Terror Leapers, so i had to turn around, climb the hillside to tag the Grant Genrep. From here it was an easy jump into the mountain slopes and terraces, which i followed until some geomagnetic phenomenon forced me westward and down to the dangerous grassland level. Ceres mine and it's Genrep soon was behind me, but from now on my life was even more in danger, and soon i observed the heads of Y Replicants between lush waves of grass. I knew that these guys could kill me with a single shot, so i had to sneak around each of them, which led me to the next sector to the west, and then south again, until i reached the McPherson factory. Again, tagging the Genrep wasn't a problem because i had set aside some cash for travelling expenses before i left the canyon. Moving west i had to care for Storm Bots only from now on, until i reached the mesa of Neocron and its first gate. Unfortunately this jail area was guarded by very unfriendly persons with pumpguns, so i had to retreat quickly and move on through the grassland to a secret entrance. Unfortunately i really can't tell you it's exact location. Because it's a secret. The secret passage happened to lead me to some not-so-unfriendly Black Dragon lair and finally into Pepper Park 3. Where i didn't stop my running until i reached the exit Genrep. Now my real mission could begin: Fighting the enemy from within and finally destroying the City Admin terror regime, freeing the citizens of Neocron once and for all. While that's another story, i urge you to support me by running your next Twilight Guardian starter char from the canyon to neocron. Death to Reza's followers!