PDA

View Full Version : Drag and Drop concern

Contoursvt
04-01-16, 18:25
I sent an e-mail back in March of 2014 about drag and drop add-ons. I have heard nothing back since March of 2014. Myself and my uncle has been playing the game off and on about 13 years. I was told to come here on the forum for more help. Here is the e-mails that was sent...

Me-
Hi, I have came back to the game after a long absence. Now my uncle would like to come back also. But my uncle is a quadriplegic and uses special tools to play the game. When he played before he used the (/) key to Drag and Drop. Now when he uses the (/) key all it does is type it in chat box. Is there anyway that he can use that key without showing up in chat screen so he can drag and drop? He would like to come back into the game but is getting discouraged because that is a big part of the game to him is to drag and drop seeing's he mainly does research, repair, and construct. Thank you for your help.

NC-
Thank you for your request. I guess you tried to define your own keys at the login window? In this case I must ask the devs. But this could take a little time. I will contact you again when I get news.

Me-
I am checking to see if anything has been done to looking into this at all?

NC-
Sorry that you must wait for an answer. The problem is that this must be integrated in the code and for this we need a patch. There is a patch planning but currently I got no answer if the devs will add this at the next patch. I will contact you again when the devs will tell me if it is possible to add this at the next patch or we must wait for another patch.

I have not heard anything since March 25 2014. Can someone help me with this?

yavimaya
05-01-16, 00:03
I dont think there will be much people can do, i have never even heard of anything like this, does he run a 3rd party prog. to allow these functions?

can he not set the key to something new, home key, pg UP, etc??

Zoltan
05-01-16, 01:24
I had checked the code in 2014 - A such feature needs to get implemented first. Drag and Drop is bound to the mouse input only, there is no way to bind it to the keyboard at moment ;/