PDA

View Full Version : Solution to troubled Cable/Virgin connections

DIS
13-12-15, 00:53
Hi,

If any of you are on Virgin Media and have sync and chat issues when playing NC, it could be caused by your provided SuperHub.

The problem I had, was if I was in a zone for too long and tried to leave, I would get a World creation error message and have to log back into the game, all chat would also disappear even in local at random. If you are having this problem please read the solution below, it may also help non Virgin users:

Please try the Super Hub in modem only mode and connect your PC to the specific Modem only port, if the problem stops (which it should do) I would recommend that you purchase a separate router as this will then resolve the issue. Although it is messy having the Superhub and a separate router, it will improve your gameplay experience and reduce sync issues to virtually zero.
If you want a fairly cheap router that supports current 5GHz standards and Gigabit Ethernet the TP-Link AC750 is quite affordable.

Regards,

DIS
13-11-16, 12:05
Just thought i'd bump this thread seeing as we have new players who may have similar issues I had.

Hope this helps anyone.