PDA

View Full Version : plz reset soul light

tarasm
10-12-15, 09:15
can we please get a soul light reset to somewhere between 10 and 100. i would love to get on and give people a bit of action but grinding missions on a 1-3% pop server feels like a complete waste of time and i would think im not alone in that.

soul light reset might bring back a bit of life into the game?

bearjew

Torg
10-12-15, 12:45
sounds like you didnt care for game mechanics and got deep into red, but dont want to regain SL by missions or level up a new char, and youre asking for GM help so you can keep ignoring game mechanics? good luck with that.

LeoPump
10-12-15, 16:16
Reset SL - olo

Just do the fuc** missions.

Morpheus
10-12-15, 19:20
Chase him down! His Belt is ours! Haha..

Jodo
10-12-15, 19:30
Also, I spent all my money on blackjack and hookers so if we could do a rollback to a couple of weeks ago I'll be 2 mil better off. I too dislike obvious repercussions.

tarasm
10-12-15, 20:33
first off, the soul light system is broken. so lets not talk about repercussions. if you pvp, you will lose soul light from mis fires. and then the only way to fix it is to sit around and run missions for hours? no thank you. im assuming many of the old vets also dont have as much time to game these days and they rather spend the time they have gaming instead of running missions.

its at the point where i'm not playing because sl system is broken and the only way to continue playing is to sink time into miserable aspects of the game.

can we make it enjoyable again

William Antrim
10-12-15, 21:07
Lol at the white knights. If you can't see how this issue is a microcosm of all that is broken in Nc then I pity you.

Please go down with the ship.

LeoPump
10-12-15, 21:15
SL System is broken? No.
Team up with your friends and you will have no probs.

Once you pushed your SL to 100, it's very hard to reach - SL with a few mis fires.
So, you will have 80 or something after a huge fight in PP3 (without Team)- It's 10mins to reach 100 again.

Btw. You could fight in fighting areas, where you don't lose SL.

hudsonbeck
10-12-15, 22:16
Why not do a onetime 'good faith' SL reset by Rezza? If it helps 3 people play more that’s like 20% increase in population. Stop being such hard asses. You want more people but jump on them when they try but can’t because of past digressions. It’s akin to the poker player (pro/reg) talking shit to the fish at the table. It makes no sense keeping these people away or driving them off…

SL Reset +1 (one time)

William Antrim
11-12-15, 09:20
Congratulations Leo. You missed the point not once but twice in the same thread.

Nobody wants to do that. Hence nobody plays. With a low population people get sl hits even more cos its harder to find opponents other than the zoneline huggers. I am sure that with my expert guidance you will now understand sport.

Torg
11-12-15, 14:49
are we yet at blaming low player count at the soullight system, in other words people being too lazy to move away from the plaza 1/2 zoneline instead of grepping to a battlezone for dueals and group fights, where no SL is lost? i see.

LeoPump
11-12-15, 15:04
Congratulations Leo. You missed the point not once but twice in the same thread.

Thank you! :)

tarasm
11-12-15, 22:57
are we yet at blaming low player count at the soullight system, in other words people being too lazy to move away from the plaza 1/2 zoneline instead of grepping to a battlezone for dueals and group fights, where no SL is lost? i see.

as optimistic as that is, there is not enough population to go looking for fights in the wastelands and it wont start happening now with the low pop. the best we can achieve is an active pp1 pvp scene with loose sl rules. second best is a soul light reset :)

screamface
11-12-15, 23:14
can we please get a soul light reset to somewhere between 10 and 100. i would love to get on and give people a bit of action but grinding missions on a 1-3% pop server feels like a complete waste of time and i would think im not alone in that.

soul light reset might bring back a bit of life into the game?

bearjew

I second the soullight reset, would love to jump in again without the plodding of a mish grind

Torg
12-12-15, 15:21
...i would love to get on and give people a bit of action...on second thought: great idea. if all negative-SL-chars would get ingame, hunting for mission targets while being hunted by dirty, reckless belt-hunters, the game would be sparkling brightly with lost-and-found tension and excitement. need any support? let's get this rolling!

William Antrim
13-12-15, 11:12
Your sarcasm is more tired and old than your jokes torg.

If it was a case of people couldn't move at the citycom/dungeon for LE players taking all of the mobs you might have a point. The problem is there isn't. So your point is moot.

You aren't even shutting the door after the horses have bolted, you're probably just asking what colour we should paint the door.

It is just this sort of narrow-mindedness which has led to the demise of Nc. Thankfully you weren't directly involved but almost certainly you have contributed.

Jodo
13-12-15, 17:06
Changing some of the fundamental aspects to the structure of the game may indeed bring a few players back but then what? Does it get reversed when populations are higher? If so won't that push players back out again? What should the population be at before we change it back to ensure there are still suitable numbers after some players leave? How long will it take to reach that population level? Will it have been so long that nobody will want to go back to the normal SL system because they're used to it and feel like they're being nerfed/punished? How many players might leave because of the initial change to SL?
We all love this game, we profess it often enough on these forums alone, but each of us would like to change one or two aspects of it. Problem is, it won't be NC any more.
Some "Crusades" have been taken up on these forums to drastically change the game and a couple of them may have resulted in a very watered down change to be made. More than a couple have ended with the initial "Crusader" being banned. My advice would be to aim for something less drastic then the remainder of the community and indeed the remaining Devs will feel more comfortable with that change.
Before you ask, no, I don't have any ideas, but then I don't have an issue with the current system so have given it no thought.
Finally, given that there seems to be a shortage of resources for the game, I really don't see this being given the green light any time soon.

Zoltan
13-12-15, 18:03
Please don't forget why the soullight system got altered in Patch #182 (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?150460-R-182-183-Patch-Notes). There were a bunch of players which had turn Neocron into a Free-For-All Deathmatch pk'ing everyone everywhere. Consequences? None... just being afk 'for a while' until the soullight is getting fixed by the game itself.

William Antrim
13-12-15, 21:48
And now you struggle to find anyone online let alone anyone who may actually want to fight.

If these are the two extremes then there must be a middle ground.

That middle ground could be something along the lines of changing the soullight reward per mission to plus 5 for example instead of plus 1.

A minor change which mathematically makes a huge difference to the amount of missions needed to run.

Hopefully it is one which is easy to implement and supports PvP amongst neutrals without removing the needed mission grind completely.

You don't need Donald trump to fix Nc but I bet he would help.

Zoltan
14-12-15, 00:59
Agreed, but let us finish the balancing first please. I really want to finish and deploy the damn huge patch. Erm btw,... I prefer the NC1 SL / Faction system btw - Now you can slap me for this ;p

tarasm
14-12-15, 05:49
Changing some of the fundamental aspects to the structure of the game may indeed bring a few players back but then what? Does it get reversed when populations are higher? If so won't that push players back out again? What should the population be at before we change it back to ensure there are still suitable numbers after some players leave? How long will it take to reach that population level? Will it have been so long that nobody will want to go back to the normal SL system because they're used to it and feel like they're being nerfed/punished? How many players might leave because of the initial change to SL?
We all love this game, we profess it often enough on these forums alone, but each of us would like to change one or two aspects of it. Problem is, it won't be NC any more.
Some "Crusades" have been taken up on these forums to drastically change the game and a couple of them may have resulted in a very watered down change to be made. More than a couple have ended with the initial "Crusader" being banned. My advice would be to aim for something less drastic then the remainder of the community and indeed the remaining Devs will feel more comfortable with that change.
Before you ask, no, I don't have any ideas, but then I don't have an issue with the current system so have given it no thought.
Finally, given that there seems to be a shortage of resources for the game, I really don't see this being given the green light any time soon.

ummm changing fundamental aspects of the game wasn't mentioned once in the thread. i dont understand how your post fits anything were discussing. we are talking about a one time soul light reset to bring back some players, maybe even time it strategically with the patch release to bring back players who wouldnt otherwise comeback due to the boring mission grind.

edit: devs correct me if im wrong here but a soul light reset wouldn't require much resources...

Jodo
14-12-15, 09:31
SL is a fundamental aspect of the game. But are you honestly expecting people to come back for a one-time reset? If they've left because of negative SL why would they come back only to leave after a couple of days because their style of play causes them to lose SL? It'd just be demanded every month. The same happened with the double xp weekend. We got a nice boost (I think because of people test server patching) and then everyone starts whining that it should be double xp all the time.
If it's a one off then it'll end up pissing people off even further when they can't get a reset again and again or it becomes a semi/permanent thing and there are essentially no more consequences.

hudsonbeck
14-12-15, 17:35
...we are talking about a one time soul light reset to bring back some players, maybe even time it strategically with the patch release to bring back players who wouldnt otherwise comeback due to the boring mission grind...
Exactly this. Nothing more/less. Its a simple act to help a few who may want to come back. Like I said earlier, even if it only helped a few people that would be (percentage wise) a good boost.
No one thinks that this is going to revive anything... its just to potentially get a few more people in game until something changes that will hopefully attract even more.

Zoltan
14-12-15, 18:48
Exactly this. Nothing more/less. Its a simple act to help a few who may want to come back. Like I said earlier, even if it only helped a few people that would be (percentage wise) a good boost.
No one thinks that this is going to revive anything... its just to potentially get a few more people in game until something changes that will hopefully attract even more.

x will bring back n people. Replace x with, "double xp", "triple xp", "soullight reset", "char transfer", or simply other stuff which helps lazy guys ;)

edit: devs correct me if im wrong here but a soul light reset wouldn't require much resources...

As you can see in your own thread it will require resources - The community's opinion about this matter is cleary divided. So if you'll get your sl fixed that easy a lot of people are getting pissed too of course - People who fixed their sl the hard way by doing those (shitty) missions.

Apart from this, resetting SL server wide isn't as easy as you may believe.

Faid
14-12-15, 20:28
Apart from this, resetting SL server wide isn't as easy as you may believe.

Just announce a time and a place, then have a GM manually reset the 20 or so players who play this game. It's been done before after events and only takes a few minutes...

Zoltan
14-12-15, 21:07
Faid I see you got the point. Very well.

tarasm
14-12-15, 21:09
Just announce a time and a place, then have a GM manually reset the 20 or so players who play this game. It's been done before after events and only takes a few minutes...

the problem with this is, it can potentially miss a big group of players who infrequently visit the forums or can't make the time/date. imo needs to be server wide for max effectiveness to bring back players who quit playing. the players who are playing don't need a soul light reset

Idea for a cash shop if it ever comes: paid soul light reset ;)

Faid
15-12-15, 07:18
Mebbe they could put something on the launcher that says write an ingame ticket for your one time SL fix and manually do it that way. I'm just trying to save Zoltan some work here so he can focus on his balancing project, a server wide fix isn't possible, or is too much work.

tarasm
15-12-15, 07:57
Mebbe they could put something on the launcher that says write an ingame ticket for your one time SL fix and manually do it that way.

I like it +1

wintah
15-12-15, 20:57
Negativ SL was all time a problem to fix it,but it works if you spent enough time for it !!
May ask ur friends to support you and u have a few nice Eventdays for free ;)

If u dont have friends and always alone you should think about why u have so horrible negative SL and dont ask the Dev to make a reset,deal with it .

wintah

Torg
16-12-15, 01:57
I like it +1for real: do you want fast, quick and effortless green SL, so you can return to plaze one zoneline guarding duty in no time? or do you want to have an exciting time in NC? let me tell you: doing missions while in red SL is pretty exciting. as you could lose a real lot of crap when killed. go on. give it a try. i did.

Terror_Nonne
16-12-15, 05:28
you can press this little, sweet red x in the char-ui.... :D
(lets bitch around) hihi :p

uuuuummmm, board-colors.. hungry... muahaha.

yavimaya
16-12-15, 08:34
the problem with this is, it can potentially miss a big group of players who infrequently visit the forums or can't make the time/date. imo needs to be server wide for max effectiveness to bring back players who quit playing. the players who are playing don't need a soul light reset

Idea for a cash shop if it ever comes: paid soul light reset ;)

If they would miss the opportunity for a reset by not logging on / seeing the forum in time, they also wont know about the SL change to come back, so same thing.

William Antrim
16-12-15, 12:27
for real: do you want fast, quick and effortless green SL, so you can return to plaze one zoneline guarding duty in no time? or do you want to have an exciting time in NC? let me tell you: doing missions while in red SL is pretty exciting. as you could lose a real lot of crap when killed. go on. give it a try. i did.

I'm calling this one as pure bollocks. You still have your le in.

Torg
16-12-15, 14:54
I'm calling this one as pure bollocks. You still have your le in.On Titan, yes, not on the servers before. I'm not playing as much as in the past, so it took me about 3 years to cap my main char (while raising 20 or more side-chars) and i'm still on track to get back into RP-based PvP in the future. i'm not in a hurry. in other news: doing missions to regain SL while in red is really hot. more than usual PvP.

William Antrim
17-12-15, 01:03
/Set Credibility 0

Continue to post.....

Sorry dude but please stop. You told a lie and just got called on it. You don't PvP you've said this much in the past so to make a claim such as this now just screams "I just want to put a cat among the pigeons" for no other reason than you love reading your own posts.

P.s we should paint the door green, for envy. :)

Netphreak
17-12-15, 03:46
this thread: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh"
That is all.

tarasm
24-12-15, 11:32
just logged in and its 0%

really got to keep those players happy though and make all the bad pvpers run brain dead missions to play the game.

Divide
24-12-15, 17:27
you can press this little, sweet red x in the char-ui.... :D
(lets bitch around) hihi :p

just logged in and its 0%

really got to keep those players happy though and make all the bad pvpers run brain dead missions to play the game.

Quote #1
PLAY THE WAY I BELIEVE IS ACCEPTABLE OR DELETE YOUR SHIT AND DON'T COME BACK BECAUSE NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID FACE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HACK IT AND THIS GAME IS ONLY FOR HARDCORE PLAYERS LIKE TORG WHO IS WOC 20 WITH HIS LE IN

Quote #2
Rolls eyes and acknowledges that server pop is 0%. There is no one else to tell to go home. Better keep those righteous NC players righteous.

AristaBarret
04-01-16, 05:34
Deleted because I can quote Zoltan as saying "There were a bunch of players" and then fixing the apparent problem of the guys who got PK'd.

AristaBarret
04-01-16, 05:58
Please don't forget why the soullight system got altered in Patch #182 (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?150460-R-182-183-Patch-Notes). There were a bunch of players which had turn Neocron into a Free-For-All Deathmatch pk'ing everyone everywhere. Consequences? None... just being afk 'for a while' until the soullight is getting fixed by the game itself.

"There were a bunch of players." You said it yourself. What you say in this frame is perfect NC. PERFECT!

Ryan Steiner
04-01-16, 10:52
"There were a bunch of players." You said it yourself. What you say in this frame is perfect NC. PERFECT!

If "a bunch of players" is able to ruin the fun of a larger majority of players without having to fear any consequences, this system definitely needs to be altered.

The changes of patch #182 perfectly solved this problem imho.
People can still be the bad guys and do whatever they want to do, but now they have to live with the consequences ;)

William Antrim
04-01-16, 17:03
I would love to be able to see things from your point of view but I cant get my head that far up my arse.

tarasm
06-01-16, 03:19
@arrista.. hit me up on whatsapp. lost all numbers. you got banned before i could send a pm lol

tarasm
06-01-16, 05:59
If "a bunch of players" is able to ruin the fun of a larger majority of players without having to fear any consequences, this system definitely needs to be altered.

The changes of patch #182 perfectly solved this problem imho.
People can still be the bad guys and do whatever they want to do, but now they have to live with the consequences ;)

there are no players left... the pvpers who gave action to the game are all gone now.

pvp is the backbone of the neocron economy. no pvp = no need for tradeskillers/farmers

all the pvpers left.. next to go will be the remaining tradeskillers/farmers who will take their SL views to the grave with them.

lets make some quick changes to bring back pvp?

yavimaya
06-01-16, 06:03
hi guys :wave:

how is everyone today?

Terror_Nonne
06-01-16, 15:56
fine. :) no problem with - sl xD
and i dont need to cry for äh 'nothing'....
whatever

tarasm
09-01-16, 01:09
fine. :) no problem with - sl xD
and i dont need to cry for äh 'nothing'....
whatever

you have no problems with sl because you either dont pvp or dont play the game.

gstyle40
09-01-16, 19:52
you have no problems with sl because you either dont pvp or dont play the game.
all a matter of opinion. some have a problem with it for their reasons, some dont. me personally i only pvp in zones that ill lose sL on chars i dont mind losing it on. if i loose sL on a clanned char then i run missions to get it back. the people who seem to have the most problems are the ones with a far more careless playstyle. and fewer chars to play with ect. It could be better, but it could also be worse imo.

Terror_Nonne
10-01-16, 06:13
you have no problems with sl because you either dont pvp or dont play the game.u know what? - l2p...

William Antrim
11-01-16, 14:33
Well im really pleased this thread has stayed constructive. Well done everyone.

Torg
11-01-16, 16:52
all a matter of opinion. some have a problem with it for their reasons, some dont. me personally i only pvp in zones that ill lose sL on chars i dont mind losing it on. if i loose sL on a clanned char then i run missions to get it back. the people who seem to have the most problems are the ones with a far more careless playstyle. and fewer chars to play with ect. It could be better, but it could also be worse imo.what the man says. voice of reason.

Faid
11-01-16, 19:47
The point of the thread has nothing to do with old play styles and previous actions of people regarding their pvp behavior, which most people seem to be missing completely. It has everything to do with the future of this game and if you even want it to have a chance to become somewhat populated again. A one time negative soul light reset would 100% increase the population, if they do nothing about the soul light the game will definitely stay the way it currently is... DEAD.

Zoltan
11-01-16, 20:33
The point of the thread has nothing to do with old play styles and previous actions of people regarding their pvp behavior, which most people seem to be missing completely. It has everything to do with the future of this game and if you even want it to have a chance to become somewhat populated again. A one time negative soul light reset would 100% increase the population, if they do nothing about the soul light the game will definitely stay the way it currently is... DEAD.

Those players don't have negative SL for no reason. If you are going kill a friendly runner 1, 2 maybe 3 times in a row you don't will have a such -SL that the game becomes "unplayable" for you.

They obviously gank / grief friendly runners for some reason. I guess just for fun. We'd lost a lot runners in the past because of such griefplay.

So my question is... What keeps those people griefing another friendly runners again after a soullight reset?

PK carefully and be aware of the consequences.

William Antrim
12-01-16, 14:39
Give mechanics that punish said behaviour with tangible ways to repair the damage.

It is a big vicious circle and it starts with the base mechanics.

"Runner A and B are enemy to C so when C logs on they can fight him and not lose any SL.

When Runner C is not online A and B disregard any chance of fighting him and begin to argue and fight among themselves. They lose SL.

Nobody realised that C quit because he couldnt put his le back in and was constantly being farmed by A and B but now he has gone to play World of Warcraft and hug elves and so A and B are back to fighting one another."

Soullight is good for the game but bad for the players. It is currently used to stop people fighting outside of Ops without penalties. The problem is the game population is so small that people will struggle to find a fight anywhere outside a safe zone. So if they find another runner its like woohoo guns out and game on!

If there was a higher population then more fights would occur among "enemies" and less reliance on "neutral" runners would occur.

The problem is you cant change measures to suit a small population that will make a larger one more hostile. This would further encourage open griefing the world over. The SL system should be used to stop noobs getting ganked in sewers it should not stop fights from happening elsewhere. If someone takes out their LE then they should accept the fact that they are potentially going to be shot at and even perhaps killed.

If this gives rise to griefing then other measures should be emplaced in order to prevent this. With the game's current situation and its development state I do not see a SL reset as much of a fix. It will be like putting a plaster on a gun shot wound.

However if the fundamental base mechanics were altered I think you could make a serious attempt at balancing the system.

For example - split the mechanics in half.

Soullight protects noobs from being ganked in the sewers - if they have no LE in ofc (along with the LE and its protection methods/costs to XP and money gain). So current rules apply for noobs and runners under level 30 (if this last part is feasible).

Make current guard/copbot aggro mechanic take its cue from Faction Sympathy rather than SL.

So this way if someone does begin attacking neutral or friendlies they will demolish their faction sympathy with that faction and run the risk of aggroing guards etc.

Make said guards/copbots instakill just like they should be (apologies if they are currently - havent played in a while).

Add a good quality system of repairing faction sympathy/soullight and make it financially viable and potentially risky but rewarding.

So for example - a quick easy fix of sympathy might involve someone having to trek around the wastelands to go to locations to complete a run of 2-3 missions for a LARGE dose of sympathy (10-20 points per completion repeatable) or give them endless missions to do in the HQ (research cubes style without the enormous cash bonus) but only give 1 sympathy per mission handed in.

These missions would both be applicable at -99 faction sympathy.

__________________________________________________________________________________

If all of that is too complicated then just add some -99 sl missions (like the res cube missions) and let people do them in the hq instead. Sure they will go around "griefing" some more but thats what this game needs. Action, pvp, a good gun fight or two. The carebears quit in 2004, the people who still play want to fight so let them. If they dont want to fight then they have the LE.

Jodo
12-01-16, 17:21
Runner A can log an alt from an opposing faction.

William Antrim
12-01-16, 22:02
Yep but then you can also just have a moan there are still only ten people playing. :)

Faid
18-01-16, 20:39
Those players don't have negative SL for no reason. If you are going kill a friendly runner 1, 2 maybe 3 times in a row you don't will have a such -SL that the game becomes "unplayable" for you.

They obviously gank / grief friendly runners for some reason. I guess just for fun. We'd lost a lot runners in the past because of such griefplay.

So my question is... What keeps those people griefing another friendly runners again after a soullight reset?

I think this just about sums up the KK mentality. Good Luck...

(*I dont even have any chars with negative SL)

NAPPER
19-01-16, 10:17

Quick Question I know its going off subject a little

If a player has 100 SL and is killed by a friendly running does the amount of SL he losers change from someone with say 10 SL ?

tarasm
04-12-18, 14:54
How about that soul light reset.

Xanthos
04-12-18, 21:51
This is my personal opinion - I'm not speaking for the Neocron Support Team

You only get minus SL by killing friendly runner in zones you should not kill those (aka no Warzone / OP Zone).
If you kill a friendly runner by accident (with AE in a cave for example), it hurts, because you will lose SL, but just a "few" SL.

Obviously, we're not talking about accidents, we're talking about ganking, griefing and killing for fun, right?

The content team spent hours to implement several missions to get your SL back (Jailhouse for example), why someone should now reset your minus SL? You have it for a reason, right?

Don't get me wrong: I'm in when it comes to help/improve NC and when's a mistake, but not if you know what you do.
And if you're on a killing-spree in Plaza 2, Pepper 1 or where ever you should know what's the deal if you kill other, friendly, runner.

I see no reason to reset minus SL - You picked a style to play, so you should learn how to handle it.
Before you reach -32 for example you could run some quick missions to gain SL, why provoke with -100?

I'm open minded for suggestions how to help you guys with some other mechanics, like missions (maybe as a reward for dailies for example).

Oh, and btw: I know how hard it is to play a -100 SL character and also how hard it is to get +SL again - I did it myself back in the days.