PDA

View Full Version : Current NC situation

Strife
04-12-15, 07:58
Just came to pop on and check in. Forums seem dead aswell, which always had at least some activity in it over the years.

What's everyone upto nowadays?

yavimaya
04-12-15, 08:13
site is not really any more dead than it has been for the last 8 years+.

Terror_Nonne
04-12-15, 10:38
hmm, the german-part is rly dead. and here... hmm, *wuaaarr* infected mutant - style... *ratsch*...

Ascension
05-12-15, 00:45
echo echo echo

hatmankh
05-12-15, 03:36
The only time i remember the game being this dead was back on Terra, just before the new team took over.

Bruder Malmsdoo
05-12-15, 11:48
The lacking influx of new players is a problem for us, because most of the old players have a job and families now.

aKe`cj
05-12-15, 15:59
The lacking influx of new players is a problem for us, because most of the old players have a job and families now.

The lack of perspective is a problem too, even those that have time to play games and love NC, have no reason to waste their time here. It is apparent that the speed of progress has long fallen behind the rate at which things decay and I don't see that this is going to change anytime soon™. A small number of hobbyists toying around with the game in their part time, will not be enough to turn around the boat. I don't blame them, but I also cannot recommend NC to anyone in its current shape.

NC had its prime and it was fun while it lasted.

J45
05-12-15, 19:08
If the devs aren't bothered then why should the players be. To many games out there with lacklustre devs, the only bonus with these they don't attempt to milk their player base.

Nuvibe
05-12-15, 20:36
I've been considering trying NC for a while now so I would be a new player heh! I find its cool that people take their own time to run and maintain a free mmo...without a sign of a cash shop :) checking out Tech Haven servers shows maybe around 15 online...are there figures correct?

wintah
05-12-15, 22:03
Should be correct.

William Antrim
05-12-15, 22:34
15 is that it?

Nuvibe
05-12-15, 23:29
Now showing 13 online :( hopefully it picks up now X factor has finished

Bonse
06-12-15, 13:02
They really need to move this to the UE4 engine and put it through steam and a one off payment model (or free + sub)

William Antrim
06-12-15, 18:22
They really need to move this to the UE4 engine and put it through steam and a one off payment model (or free + sub)

Without sounding like a massive fanboi, if they could do that then they would have done it already. For whatever reason though, this game has missed its window of opportunity by now I think.

Bonse
06-12-15, 19:09
Without sounding like a massive fanboi, if they could do that then they would have done it already. For whatever reason though, this game has missed its window of opportunity by now I think.

Well, unreal 4 hasnt been available for a long time. If i was jobless i'd honestly look at putting a model together for it and just give it them to populate with models, animations and sounds etc.

The Unreal 4 editor is fantastic and pretty damn simple to use, if they cant do it in that it would explain a lot tbh :P

aKe`cj
08-12-15, 00:20
Well, unreal 4 hasnt been available for a long time. If i was jobless i'd honestly look at putting a model together for it and just give it them to populate with models, animations and sounds etc.

The Unreal 4 editor is fantastic and pretty damn simple to use, if they cant do it in that it would explain a lot tbh :P

a) you completely underestimate the amount of assets that need to be redone from scratch to port NC to another platform
b) you completely underestimate the amount of code that needs to be redone from scratch
c) it does not matter at all, because they (Zoltan) do not have the legal authority to make such a move nor are they (Zoltan) interested in resolving that issue.

Trivaldi
08-12-15, 23:30
We're still here and have no intentions of going anywhere (i.e. offline) any time soon.

Unfortunately things are a little quiet at the moment. While populations were obviously a bit anaemic before hand, we've certainly seen a decent dip due to the appearance of a certain other post apocalyptic game recently. :)

Development is still occurring and Titan will, as soon as we can muster, receive the many improvements introduced to Vedeena in the last 12 months.

William Antrim
09-12-15, 15:48
Got anything new and exciting to share please Triv?

Nidhogg
16-12-15, 16:32
If the devs aren't bothered then why should the players be. To many games out there with lacklustre devs, the only bonus with these they don't attempt to milk their player base.

The devs are volunteers - people like you. If you want to help make a difference yourself then please take a look at this (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156433-Volunteers-Required). Thanks.