PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Neocron

Nuvibe
02-12-15, 22:55
Ive been considering trying Neocron and have a few questions that hopefully will make my mind up and prey some players will do their best to answer for me...
Character customisation...how much can you customise your characters appearance?
Can you run the game in 1920 x 1080...I read some textures have or are being upgraded?
Does it have enough quests to help you level?

In my ideal world I'd love an atmospheric mmo with plenty of quests. Graphics don't have to be cutting edge...as long as my character looks cool and I can soak up atmospheric visuals and ambient sounds :)

Ta

Bruder Malmsdoo
02-12-15, 23:42
Neocron ist not an MMO with a lot of interesting quests. It is more a sandbox, where the primal target is: Get rich and equip your charakter with the best gear to do PVP or found a prospering business to support a clan that fights for world-domination...Character Customisation is possible but comparable poor, but the atmosphere and the lore of the game is very good. 1920x1080 is possible.

Fremen
03-12-15, 01:49
Hey Nuvibe,

Like said Bruder, Neocron is very atmospheric, through the music, sounds, environments, the lore, etc.
There are few quests, and those are mostly "epics" which are chain-quests given by each faction, telling a story which help you better understand the game and offer substantial rewards.
What will drive you throughout the game won't be quests though, but your own curiosity and the fact you'll need to learn the game mechanics in order to expand your wealth.

But all in all, it's quite simple: Kill mobs to make some cash, buy weapons, kill bigger monsters to level up your attributes, then get yourself some good weapons built by player crafters. As you meet player crafters, they will explain you the deep and interesting crafting machenics, which you will maybe end up trying yourself.

Back in the days, in 2001, they used to call the game genre more of a Virtual Reality than a MMO. So just let yourself discover the huge world and make sure you always ask players for help. Chat is found by pressing (F1) then selecting a channel such as local, direct or other:help.

Have fun !

Nuvibe
03-12-15, 08:17
Thanks for the info guys. It sounds right up my street. I get the epic quest idea seems similar to daoc in which quests weren't prevalent but had a epic quest class specific. For a game with a small community it seems to have made a lasting impression on its players :)

yavimaya
03-12-15, 09:45
there is a reason its name is Neocrack. ;)

Terror_Nonne
03-12-15, 11:44
there is a reason its name is Neocrack. ;)but there is nothing wrong in it, to become infected of neocrack. :D

gypsiMoth
03-12-15, 22:07
I have always Loved Neocron since first playing it.

Bonse
06-12-15, 14:02
Neocron is a rare experience that you will never find again. There are hardly anyone playing it ATM and this will only make you sad that this game is such a waste :(

You'll then compare every game you play to the experiences you have had in neocron which will only make you sad.

They need to remake it in an engine that works.

Nuvibe
06-12-15, 16:20
Neocron is a rare experience that you will never find again. There are hardly anyone playing it ATM and this will only make you sad that this game is such a waste :(

You'll then compare every game you play to the experiences you have had in neocron which will only make you sad.

They need to remake it in an engine that works.

Do you still play Bonse...as we're both from the UK heh. I'm so tempted to try it.

Bonse
06-12-15, 19:10
Do you still play Bonse...as we're both from the UK heh. I'm so tempted to try it.

Nah no one really plays, we all went back when it went free but it became full of cheaters so we all left (again).

Nuvibe
06-12-15, 19:37
Nah no one really plays, we all went back when it went free but it became full of cheaters so we all left (again).
Seeing that your checking out this thread (I hope heh) could you tell me if this game would cure my craving for a cyberpunk kick? I'd like to know if controls are pretty much standard mmo style....you know...hold down RMB to steer wasd etc for movement?

Bonse
06-12-15, 20:21
Seeing that your checking out this thread (I hope heh) could you tell me if this game would cure my craving for a cyberpunk kick? I'd like to know if controls are pretty much standard mmo style....you know...hold down RMB to steer wasd etc for movement?

its third person shooter, no "abilities" only skills in the sense of weapons

Torg
06-12-15, 22:34
Seeing that your checking out this thread (I hope heh) could you tell me if this game would cure my craving for a cyberpunk kick? I'd like to know if controls are pretty much standard mmo style....you know...hold down RMB to steer wasd etc for movement?fps-controls. lots of hacking (read: stealing things). and there's a hacknet ingame. for hackers, you know. i think it doesn't get any closer to Deus Ex or Fallout, in an MMO, than Neocron. Go try it.

Nuvibe
06-12-15, 23:23
One thing that worries me is the population size. Seems a few people post here but don't actually play anymore :(. Who will my answer my millions of questions ingame heh! You still play Torg?

gypsiMoth
07-12-15, 00:46
I still Play regularly, and have for years.

Terror_Nonne
07-12-15, 13:03
yeah, currently is rly empty... resser/conster/poker.. this is a problem.
not where i can get help...

Nuvibe
07-12-15, 14:19
yeah, currently is rly empty... resser/conster/poker.. this is a problem.
not where i can get help...

How long has this game been free to play in its current state? I'd like to try it but would hate to be alone....For a first timer is it an interesting cyberpunk mmo? Do you think the game will continue and not get its plug pulled if I enjoy it heh

Terror_Nonne
07-12-15, 16:59
still best mmorpg in the world...

LeoPump
07-12-15, 17:21
still best mmorpg in the world...

This!

William Antrim
09-12-15, 15:33
You can ask game mechanics questions on the forum and most will be answered rather deftly. There are lots of guides to help with general flavour and overview stuff. Plenty of people lurk without posting.

If you have specific questions about services etc in the game now (ie you need a constructor/other tradeskill) then you can only spam the help channel and wait i am afraid.

Nuvibe
10-12-15, 08:27
You can ask game mechanics questions on the forum and most will be answered rather deftly. There are lots of guides to help with general flavour and overview stuff. Plenty of people lurk without posting.

If you have specific questions about services etc in the game now (ie you need a constructor/other tradeskill) then you can only spam the help channel and wait i am afraid.

Well I took the plunge and downloaded the game. I've only ran the tutorial twice to get a feel of the game and a quick look at the starter area. Firstly the music draws you in...secondly the interface and mechanics issue definitely retro. Corpse run to get your backpack back...really? Weapons deteriorate in seconds? Graphically as long as a game to me has atmosphere I can forgive that aspect but anyone who has played an mmo in the last few years will find certain things such as being out of ammo, weapons broke and a corpse run very alien to them now.

Torg
10-12-15, 12:42
Well I took the plunge and downloaded the game. I've only ran the tutorial twice to get a feel of the game and a quick look at the starter area. Firstly the music draws you in...secondly the interface and mechanics issue definitely retro. Corpse run to get your backpack back...really? Weapons deteriorate in seconds? Graphically as long as a game to me has atmosphere I can forgive that aspect but anyone who has played an mmo in the last few years will find certain things such as being out of ammo, weapons broke and a corpse run very alien to them now.at least. the tutorial doesnt teach you a lot. you may want to skip the "starter area" (MC5) and head for the Genreplicator (Transmitter/Teleporter) to jump to your starter apartment. head out and find a sewer level 1 to kill some rats and spiders or talk to the bald guy in front of your app. the corpse run thingy isnt ingame anymore (for a long time), just the notice stayed with us. weapon deteriorating isnt a real problem as its pretty slow, and you soon will level up and want bigger guns. buy those from other players or buy the low-quality version from a vendor, have it blueprinted by a (player) researcher and rebuilt by a (player) constructor. NC is relying heavily on social play, maybe more than some other MMOs. if in doubt ask on ingame help channel.

Nuvibe
10-12-15, 16:43
at least. the tutorial doesnt teach you a lot. you may want to skip the "starter area" (MC5) and head for the Genreplicator (Transmitter/Teleporter) to jump to your starter apartment. head out and find a sewer level 1 to kill some rats and spiders or talk to the bald guy in front of your app. the corpse run thingy isnt ingame anymore (for a long time), just the notice stayed with us. weapon deteriorating isnt a real problem as its pretty slow, and you soon will level up and want bigger guns. buy those from other players or buy the low-quality version from a vendor, have it blueprinted by a (player) researcher and rebuilt by a (player) constructor. NC is relying heavily on social play, maybe more than some other MMOs. if in doubt ask on ingame help channel.

Thank you very much Torg for the info. Does everyone enter the same starter area or is that decided by faction...I think I read it is somewhere? How important is stat allocation in character creation? I have decided on a assasin spy class. I'll probably run the starter area a few times to get the feel of things...oh another thing can I resize ui interfaces as the font is a tad small?