PDA

View Full Version : Game character process broken for me

zii
08-08-15, 23:14
Hi,
I tried twice to create a new character in a free slot. Last night and tonight.

Each time the process ended on the message recommending I tried the tutorial, to which I replied No.

Then the client returned to the select server, and I was presented with a very free and empty character slot.

Does character created work?

Kind regards,
So

Model192
09-08-15, 18:11
Not sure, try again. Do no tutorial, check the name, etc.

If that doesn't work, have someone else try to make it.

zii
09-08-15, 19:18
Tried again and played tutorial which launched Returned to empty character selection.

If that doesn't work, have someone else try to make it.
Do you mean give a random stranger my account details? Should I post them on Facebook.

Fremen
09-08-15, 19:30
No he meant asking a friend of yours to try it out too.

That's very weird, I tried to make a new character just few minutes ago just for the sake of testing your bug and it's working fine on my end.

Did you try to identify your game files through the client before lunching the game ?

Also, are you trying to connect to the test server or the retail server ? Did you downloaded the NC2 client recently ?

zii
09-08-15, 22:52
hi,

freshly downloaded install (2 days ago).
did a file check.
connectinf with Retail.
also I tried with different factions selection during creation and unchanged.

I don't have any friends with PCs I could install NC on.

Fremen
10-08-15, 08:48
Don't lose your faith ! I'm sure a dev will come by this thread and help you.
Would be sad NC lost a member of its community for a stupid technical bug ! :-(

PS: tested again this morning, created a PE next driver called testvii, skipped tutorial, had the player created normaly.

zii
10-08-15, 11:18
Don't lose your faith ! I'm sure a dev will come by this thread and help you.
Would be sad NC lost a member of its community for a stupid technical bug ! :-(

PS: tested again this morning, created a PE next driver called testvii, skipped tutorial, had the player created normaly.

I won't be leaving. I still have three char slots filled with chars from earlier.

:)

zii
10-08-15, 23:24
Thought I should note the sequence:

Create char.
Pressing Next on the faction selection screen ( the Next button and not the faction! )
There is a long pause or circa 30 seconds.
Next screen is Tutorial question. Press No.
Retrieving Character Information...
Then kicked back to select server screen.

P.S: File Check complete: 1169 files checked

Cannot find any unusual behaviour in the logs directory.

Model192
13-08-15, 03:14
Tried again and played tutorial which launched Returned to empty character selection.

Do you mean give a random stranger my account details? Should I post them on Facebook.

Continue being an ass, that should fix the problem right up.

With that out of the way, I'd be willing to do it for you.

zii
13-08-15, 07:20
@model162 was a genuine question. point I was making was I live alone and have no real life friends except remote ones on Facebook. I don't know anybody with a PC. I live in a country where I cannot speak the language. I drive to work in another region everyday where I don't speak their language either . luckily I work for a company who speak English, but again too far away and folk unwilling for a friendship.I gave up on this years ago.

@mod . close thread please.