PDA

View Full Version : [Hunger Games Event] - POSTPONED - tba

bmurph101
24-07-15, 03:40
Hello friends; I've decided to host a Hunger Games style Free For All Event to help bring the community a bit closer together.

How it will work:
-Players will create new toons (I would suggest a PE for this, but you're free to use whatever you feel).
-Players will gain negative soul light, so as to ensure their entire inventory can be looted.
-There will be a level cap (fairly low) for players to participate in the event. What exactly this level will be I have yet to decide; but the goal is to allow people to have points in all combat skills (Pistol, Heavy, Melee, Rifle, Psi) but at a low level.
-Low level weapons/ammo of all kind will be dropped in an undisclosed area of the map.
-Players will be given instructions on where to congregate; I would recommend leaving Law Enforcement chips in place to prevent pks from showing up and delaying/ruining the event.
-Players will follow me to the area where the event will take place. Upon arrival, further instructions will be given
-Players will remove LE chips.
-When all players have removed their chips, they will all be killed to ensure they have nothing in their inventory. They will be rezzed after it has been found that they are indeed empty.
-Any last minute instructions will be given, and then the countdown will begin.
-Once the match begins, it will not end until one participant is left alive

Additional Rules:
-Players may NOT bring anything in their inventory into the match. You must be completely empty.
-Any and all items used in the event must be looted either off the landscape or off another player
-Players may NOT use ANY implants, boneenforcements, or wear any armor of any kind. Each player must be completely naked.
-Attacking a referee by mistake will not be punishable. Deliberately working to kill referees will most likely result in them mercilessly disemboweling you.

What I need from the Community:
-A group of individuals who can work Security in case people try to crash the event
-GMs to be present at the event. Some sort of announcement system when someone dies would be amazing (I.e. Player X has been killed. There are now X players remaining).
-A large number of low (think newbie) weapons. I don't personally have the credits to buy 10 of each low level weapon and the corresponding ammunition for them (again I don't know if the GMs can help on this front).
-Spreading the word and getting people hyped for the event. I didn't see any CMC/SOAD guys at the last event. I don't know if they didn't know or didn't care, but it'd be nice to see a huge turnout.
-If you're going to participate, PLEASE SIGN UP IN THE THREAD WITH YOUR CHARACTER NAME. It helps build hype and also gives me an idea as to how much of everything I need.
-If the GMs could get this out on their Facebook/Twitter, and if we could get this on the THN page that'd be great as well.
-Also, please let me know what you guys want to see for a prize. Credits, weapons, implants, etc. Whatever. I need to know and coordinate with the GMs.

As always, feedback is welcome and please spread the word.

Hope to see everyone there!

I See Blue
26-07-15, 00:44
Sounds like a great idea, great to see you trying to whip up some action. I wonŽt be back until 10-12 of august tho, so I wonŽt be able to attend.

My suggestions:

If youŽre doing Hunger Games, you should have the GMs spawn some lvl appropriate "hazards" in the area. The GMs could go in stealth mode.

Also, a better tactic would probably be for the players to have points free in their dex/strength/int setup, so they could adapt to whatever they find.

You could also check with the GMs if they could set up healy things like you find in Neofrag around the area, but I guess that wouldnŽt exactly fit the concept.

Keep up the good work, and weŽll do some events together once I get back. I want to do class championships, a race, maybe a treasure hunt, and a demolition derby. And of course the standard 2 vs 2 and 4 vs 4 tourneys.

bmurph101
31-07-15, 05:31
Event delayed until next weekend most likely; rl stuff and all that jazz.

bmurph101
05-08-15, 03:57
Bump. Need some feedback from the community on whether or not there's interest in doing this. Spread the word please.

PVPJunkie
05-08-15, 13:38
BMURPH.

Firstly great job with what your doing, really nice to see someone taking an active interest in running events while pop's are at an all time low.

I feel you should stick with the PVP event's, me personally and the majority of players I know would not be interested in a PVE event.

There are countless PVE missions already available and countless hours of content available already for PVE so I don't feel this is the route to go down.

PVP events are where it's at Brendan, drop me a mail and I'll be happy to help with ideas and details if you like.

Once again great work, look forward to seeing PVP events in the not so distant future. Player run PVP events have been great fun in the past and have helped to bring some life back to the ever dwindling population of avid PVPers.

Baldur
05-08-15, 17:53
I have edited the thread title.

Just let me now when it starts and I will change it again.

If you need any additional help, just ask. :)

Edit: posted a tweet about this event on twitter

bmurph101
05-08-15, 22:42
BMURPH.

Firstly great job with what your doing, really nice to see someone taking an active interest in running events while pop's are at an all time low.

I feel you should stick with the PVP event's, me personally and the majority of players I know would not be interested in a PVE event.

There are countless PVE missions already available and countless hours of content available already for PVE so I don't feel this is the route to go down.

PVP events are where it's at Brendan, drop me a mail and I'll be happy to help with ideas and details if you like.

Once again great work, look forward to seeing PVP events in the not so distant future. Player run PVP events have been great fun in the past and have helped to bring some life back to the ever dwindling population of avid PVPers.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is entirely a PvP event, just not in the traditional competitive and equalized normal format. I don't want to host tournaments too often, because that tends to result in smaller turnouts and less hype around each event.

I just feel like this would be a unique event, and given that all characters would be brand new toons, there'd be a high incentive to participate because there's:

A) No negative influence on your main characters you actually care about
B) Little to no investment other than spending 20 mins in Pepper Park losing Soul Light
C) A lack of player skill determining the winner. A certain element of randomness will allow for lesser skilled players to compete and have fun

But if you guys would rather have a standard tournament, that's fine too. Just the last one had a really bad turnout and needed to be converted to a 1 vs 1 slap together job. It was fun and got a good turnout in the end, but was really a scramble job.

I have edited the thread title.

Just let me now when it starts and I will change it again.

If you need any additional help, just ask. :)

Edit: posted a tweet about this event on twitter

Thanks big guy. Talking with Xenios as well. Let's hope we can coordinate and get an awesome event going.

Aerocytes
06-08-15, 05:42
Sadly due to extremely low active population any event that anyone throws together will have an extremely low turnout. Another thing you have to consider though, for this type of event, is if the people still around have character slots left. I have three accounts held over from NC1 and to be completely honest, I wish I could create a 4th one right now because I don't have enough room to make everything I want, all my slots are filled already T_T.

That being said, I can't take part in this event, but I can throw into the prize pool a little bit. Depending on how many participants you get I'll throw in some cash etc to the prize pool. Shoot me a PM or something if you're interested or just shout and look for a character by the name of Leonard Nimoy in game. Not around as much as I used to be but I've started playing a little bit again.

Baldur
06-08-15, 10:38
That being said, I can't take part in this event, but I can throw into the prize pool a little bit. .

Don't worry about the prizepool.
We are already in contact with bmurph (Xenios is) about the event and adding some goodies to the prizepool is one of the things that are currently discussed. ;)

JdLV-Ibn
06-08-15, 23:09
Isn't it possible to send an e-mail to every registered user of this forum to invite ppl to this event?
I found this thread only by chance, because I suddenly thought: hey, let's see if there's something new in the Neocron world.
And I've been away from this forum for weeks now due to RL things.
So, many ppl probably still don't know what you're up to. And sending some kind of a newsletter could change that probably.

just my 2 cents.

Greetz,
Ibn

Fremen
07-08-15, 00:06
Adding to JdLv's idea. Would it be possible to mail in-game active players for such events ? Or all characters ?

The in-game e-mail is great and under-used :)