PDA

View Full Version : Neocron tabletop conversion! Part 1: character creation!

dWintermut3
16-06-15, 11:38
SO a long, long time ago I talked about doing a tabletop conversion of Neocron into GURPS for the purpose of being able to run tabletop Neocron.

Then life happened, and I got a new job and a bunch of other things, so I had to take a long break. Sorry to all the people that asked about contributing.

That said, I now have the first part well in-progress.

HERE IT IS! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i4DMyMeimSzKlC0_4FtMNlsFwLL_yI1Yke-iyXSsuBk/edit?usp=sharing)

Critique and comment is most welcome.

The next step is going to be equipment, then writing up race templates (for Genetank and PSI monk, as well as mutant, Ceres soldier and genotoxic parasite slave).

Drachenpaladin
16-06-15, 13:10
HERE IT IS! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i4DMyMeimSzKlC0_4FtMNlsFwLL_yI1Yke-iyXSsuBk/edit?usp=sharing)

Critique and comment is most welcome.

about:blank :)

For some reason I have to copypaste the link manually.

Zoltan
16-06-15, 13:55
Link fixed <3

bmurph101
17-06-15, 02:09
I have no idea wtf this is

dWintermut3
17-06-15, 07:18
I have no idea wtf this is

It's everything you need to run a tabletop roleplaying game in Neocron's setting using GURPS, the Generic Universal Roleplaying System.
For copyright reasons I can't include all the basic "this is how you make a character" stuff, for that you'll need a copy of the core rules, but with just that book and the additional material here it should be possible to play a full tabletop Neocron game.

This section is the additional skills, advantages and disadvantages needed to represent a Neocron character, either Citizen or Anti-city, in the game. The next part is equipment, which will adapt the material in GURPS Ultra-Tech (both volumes) to represent the equipment and weapons available to a runner in the Neocron world.

Edit: Another potential point of confusion is the references to things like Duty, Patron, etc. These refer to advantages and disadvantages found in the GURPS core rulebook, or potentially Character Compendium I, which I also cannot reproduce for copyright reasons. Basic summary: the number represents rolls you must make each session to determine if they come up, example, if you call on your patron (5- ), you must roll 5 or less in order for them to show up, a rare occurrence.

bmurph101
17-06-15, 08:07
It's everything you need to run a tabletop roleplaying game in Neocron's setting using GURPS, the Generic Universal Roleplaying System.
For copyright reasons I can't include all the basic "this is how you make a character" stuff, for that you'll need a copy of the core rules, but with just that book and the additional material here it should be possible to play a full tabletop Neocron game.

This section is the additional skills, advantages and disadvantages needed to represent a Neocron character, either Citizen or Anti-city, in the game. The next part is equipment, which will adapt the material in GURPS Ultra-Tech (both volumes) to represent the equipment and weapons available to a runner in the Neocron world.

Edit: Another potential point of confusion is the references to things like Duty, Patron, etc. These refer to advantages and disadvantages found in the GURPS core rulebook, or potentially Character Compendium I, which I also cannot reproduce for copyright reasons. Basic summary: the number represents rolls you must make each session to determine if they come up, example, if you call on your patron (5- ), you must roll 5 or less in order for them to show up, a rare occurrence.

Ah I got it lol