PDA

View Full Version : [R#199] T#199-T#200 - Patch Notes

Zoltan
02-05-15, 00:10
Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

NPC spawn shouldn't lead to random desyncs anymore
Clan Pointers fixed - Runners without a clan shouldn't see each other via pointers

Additional Notes

Titan's softpatches for NPCs and / or weapons are NOT shipped to Vedeena yet
To join the PTS you have to reinstall the PTS by simply do make a copy of the current retail client R# 197

Zoltan
02-05-15, 10:52
Softpatches applied.

Known issues: NPC healthbar issues for boss mobs still exists.

Zoltan
02-05-15, 20:56

Netcode - NPC information transmission improved
Additional information for GMs on NPCs and Players
An issue in the mission system was fixed

Gameplay Updates

NPC / Player health indicators are now showing up the remaining healthpool in percent
Genotoxic Nightmare is able to make a help call to all surrounding mobs
NPC damage / healthpool adjusted

http://neocron-game.com/media/healthbar.png

Drachenpaladin
02-05-15, 21:32
NPC / Player health indicators are now showing up the remaining healthpool in percent

PRAISED BE ZOLTAN!

http://youtu.be/RenOUsGvS90?t=18s

Zoltan
03-05-15, 15:48
Post altered for update T# 199.1

OLD No.7 BrAnD
04-05-15, 13:57
All implants do add doubled values in their respective mainskills (str,dex, int, psi) since the very latest patch! -Bug?

They also remove doubled values in their respective mainskills!

Zoltan
04-05-15, 14:55
Intended - There are tons of modifier which are getting normalized. Armor, Resistances, Implants, Weapons, NPCs everything is affected from these changes and of course far away from being "balanced".

LeoPump
04-05-15, 16:32

Pretty cool! :)
Hope you can see the new healthbar not only at close distance.

Drachenpaladin
04-05-15, 20:48
Pretty cool! :)
Hope you can see the new healthbar not only at close distance.

The size of the box lettering is always the same, regardless of distance.

Hell-demon
05-05-15, 15:57
What the hell did you do to mob HP?

It's ludicrous! Takes you five minutes to kill an aggressor with a capped melee tank! And melee damage is also terrible!

Fix it!!!! My exclamation mark quota is running out!

Drachenpaladin
05-05-15, 16:21
The size of the box lettering is always the same, regardless of distance.

Addendum: I see now what you mean, it only pops up on a certain distance it seems. Thats... odd.

LeoPump
05-05-15, 16:28
Addendum: I see now what you mean, it only pops up on a certain distance it seems. Thats... odd.

Yep ;)

Trivaldi
05-05-15, 17:10
What the hell did you do to mob HP?

It's ludicrous! Takes you five minutes to kill an aggressor with a capped melee tank! And melee damage is also terrible!

Fix it!!!! My exclamation mark quota is running out!
Previously everything was "balanced" against several values which were all above or below a percentage modifier of 1. So a change we made to something which was already 75% or 175% of its intended value would change far more aggressively (or not aggressively enough) for every change.

Depending on how many of these modifiers were in play, results differ wildly. At the moment everything on Vedeena is now working off "100%" of all modifiers so you'll see drastic changes since existing values are now wildly different. Those will be balanced going forward. Once they're balanced to "100%", future changes will behave far closer to our expectations.

Hell-demon
05-05-15, 18:15
Previously everything was "balanced" against several values which were all above or below a percentage modifier of 1. So a change we made to something which was already 75% or 175% of its intended value would change far more aggressively (or not aggressively enough) for every change.

Depending on how many of these modifiers were in play, results differ wildly. At the moment everything on Vedeena is now working off "100%" of all modifiers so you'll see drastic changes since existing values are now wildly different. Those will be balanced going forward. Once they're balanced to "100%", future changes will behave far closer to our expectations.

????????

Laymen terms? Basically are mobs going to continue to kick my ass? Personally I don't know about everyone else but I thought the mobs were balanced. Do they really need fixing? If it aint broke then don't break it.

Morekai
07-05-15, 01:11
[..]
Gameplay Updates

[...]

Excuse me, but why are you implementing rather useless stuff such as this while the really important things, such as the overhauling of Implants, drugs etc are entirely neglected? Bragi had opened threads for those topics, but I have yet to see feedback for the detailed list for reworking the implants for example.

As far as i am concerned this speaks of a strange choice of priorities.

LeoPump
07-05-15, 04:38
Excuse me, but why are you implementing rather useless stuff such as this while the really important things, such as the overhauling of Implants, drugs etc are entirely neglected? Bragi had opened threads for those topics, but I have yet to see feedback for the detailed list for reworking the implants for example.

Maybe another department? :)

BlueRobot
07-05-15, 18:04
????????

Laymen terms? Basically are mobs going to continue to kick my ass? Personally I don't know about everyone else but I thought the mobs were balanced. Do they really need fixing? If it aint broke then don't break it.

Stuff was calculated depending on some numbers, NST didnt like the numbers and changed them all to 1. Outcome is what you see.

pottburter
08-05-15, 09:43
Stuff was calculated depending on some numbers, NST didnt like the numbers and changed them all to 1. Outcome is what you see.

Imo, it's more like KK's way to fix stuff was not to get to the root cause, but slam weird modifiers on things so they "work" as intended.
Sorting out the underlying formulars and code now causes weird results when they get removed.
It's a necessary step to build a better foundation for the game.

Zoltan
08-05-15, 11:47
Our idea is to normalize all multiplicators known as "Stellschrauben" to 1 so they didn't affect the games balance anymore. The original intention of these external modifiers are to have different servers with different gameplay such like PvE servers and PvP servers. These modifiers became accidentially the foundation of the game after the release of Evo 2.x which is WRONG.

The next step is to update our tool chain to recalculate the whole foundation - I'll do this together with ArkHive in the next days.

We apologise for any inconvenience that we need to recalculate these things step by step. We'll deploy these changes frequently to vedeena - your feedback is highly welcome.

Bragi
08-05-15, 20:18
Maybe another department? :)

Indeed.

Regarding the implants and PA, watch this space! (or rather, the space this space is in :p)

Zoltan
08-05-15, 22:59

Netcode transmission improved - there was a little issue by transmitting the correct package sizes
Additional information for GMs on NPCs and Players improved - The degree of detail was improved
An issue in the mission system was fixed

Gameplay Updates

NPC / Player health indicators visibility are not depending on the distance anymore
"Stellschrauben" (Server customizations) were normalized (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156165-R-198-T-199-Patchnotes&p=2231928&viewfull=1#post2231928)
New implant stats were introduced (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?155928-Your-input-on-Tier-3-implants-vs-Rare-and-MC5-implants/page3)
Implant stats are no "floats" anymore

Morekai
09-05-15, 10:38
Hmm.. does the fact that you linked the implant-thread mean that you have taken my detailed suggestion and implemented it for testing?
Either way it is a good idea, because maybe we'll get a discussion there that way. Thank you.

Zoltan
09-05-15, 10:51
Hmm.. does the fact that you linked the implant-thread mean that you have taken my detailed suggestion and implemented it for testing?
Either way it is a good idea, because maybe we'll get a discussion there that way. Thank you.

It meant that I'd patched Bragi's changes and the best way to discuss about these changes is there :)

Nothing is set in stone yet and far away from being finished.

Dasore
09-05-15, 11:27
should we write our opinions on the last changes in here? or the implant threat?

Dasore
09-05-15, 11:43

the % on the hitbox of npcs should behave like the healthbar of them, atm the % are below the healthbar till the fraction shows up.

Dasore
09-05-15, 12:04

2x +rc on halo suit, xx gentank

ppu and apus pas got a "no text"

Bragi
09-05-15, 15:42
Ack, thought I fixed that.

There's an old modifier that is supposed to increase the psi-pool, but I found out it no-longer works (if it ever did).
I swapped it for PPW on some other items, but missed the PAs.

should we write our opinions on the last changes in here? or the implant threat?

I'm going to write up a general thread on the whole of the implant/PA rework, the other thread is about Tier 3 vs Rares and MC5s.

Snake EYE
10-05-15, 14:20
I've spent a few hours fiddling around with spy setups this morning. I haven't tried any other classes yet but from what I've seen of the implants, I imagine they will have similar issues.

With the new implants I can't get a setup that's anywhere near the damage output, speed or resists of the current retail setups.

In order to get enough dexterity to use a disruptor, with the implants, PAs and bones how they are, Rifle/Pistol combat and agility suffer.

For example, to achieve the same athletics and body health as my retail build, but with 15 less energy and xray resists (across con, imps and armour), I had to lose 20 rifle combat and 10 agility.

I'm not moaning. I'm well aware that these changes aren't finished and there's still work to do, I'm just posting my experience with them so far :)

Bragi
10-05-15, 14:59
In order to get enough dexterity to use a disruptor, with the implants, PAs and bones how they are, Rifle/Pistol combat and agility suffer.

For example, to achieve the same athletics and body health as my retail build, but with 15 less energy and xray resists (across con, imps and armour), I had to lose 20 rifle combat and 10 agility.

Hmmm, not as bad I had thought ;).

Although the potential bonus to a stat is higher now, implants tend to be a bit more 'elemental', providing larger, but fewer bonuses, the overall potency of implants has been reduced slightly.
It has also been set up so that pushing for a high TL weapon (such as a dizzy) is going to have consequences elsewhere.
I'd like a situation where more of the lower TL weapons become competitive.

Snake EYE
10-05-15, 15:58
Hmmm, not as bad I had thought ;).

Although the potential bonus to a stat is higher now, implants tend to be a bit more 'elemental', providing larger, but fewer bonuses, the overall potency of implants has been reduced slightly.
It has also been set up so that pushing for a high TL weapon (such as a dizzy) is going to have consequences elsewhere.
I'd like a situation where more of the lower TL weapons become competitive.

I think that's a great idea in principle. It would be nice to see more varied setups and players perhaps not even needing rares to compete in PVP.

However, with the current state of weapons and the run speed soft cap, I fear forcing spies and PEs to choose between high TL weapons with gimped damage output and defense, or lower TL weapons (the majority of which do abysmal damage (Libby, RoG) or rarely deal damage to moving targets (RoG, RoLH, healing light) ), it will make the PVP feel even slower and spies much weaker.

Also, from what I've seen of APU PAs and implants (although I haven't tried any Monk setups yet so I could be entirely wrong), it seems that with this system an APU can use all their spells with just the +psi from their underwear/PA, or with a single brain implant, leaving them unaffected by the choice of high/low TL, resulting in them probably being a bit too powerful, especially if the spy and PE's damage output and/or resists are lower.

On retail, things are fairly evenly balanced as they are. Tanks need a damage boost since TPC does more damage than a CS, and the weapons I mentioned above need fixed/changed, but other than that it's pretty even across the classes.

I think these change are going to throw that balance out by quite a bit.

Bragi
10-05-15, 17:31
However, with the current state of weapons and the run speed soft cap, I fear forcing spies and PEs to choose between high TL weapons with gimped damage output and defense, or lower TL weapons (the majority of which do abysmal damage (Libby, RoG) or rarely deal damage to moving targets (RoG, RoLH, healing light) ), it will make the PVP feel even slower and spies much weaker.
We can independently alter many factors such as runspeed, PvP dmg and individual weapons.
Also, Z discovered a netcode issue that we tested recently with excellent results, but it needs some refinement. This should mean beam weapons are back on the menu.
I will be looking at weapons again in the next few days.

Also, from what I've seen of APU PAs and implants (although I haven't tried any Monk setups yet so I could be entirely wrong), it seems that with this system an APU can use all their spells with just the +psi from their underwear/PA, or with a single brain implant, leaving them unaffected by the choice of high/low TL, resulting in them probably being a bit too powerful, especially if the spy and PE's damage output and/or resists are lower.

That's part of a general issue with monks overall in that their primary items for both PPU and APU don't reach as high as those of the other classes. Although somewhat delayed as focus has moved, there are plans to bring in higher TL spells.

solling
10-05-15, 17:38
i think the classes are also quite balances at this time (with tanks needing a slight boost perhaps) and changing to much of the implants and as the implants look on the test server a lot of them will be worthless. While im not against changing the implants (+2,3453 dex was a stupid idea to begin with :D ) i do think changing them to much or making it to difficult to reach higher level dex will make classes who rely on bonusses (spy and Pe mostly) worse off. If all weapons actually functioned (see snakes post above) it would not be to bad.
Finally PVP MUST be fast and furious :D fast pvp where you can move and dodge and actually be hard to aim and have a hard time aiming is part of why neocron is to fun. All the malus to agility and athletics is not a good idea , it forces everyone to use certain underwear and Pa without the malus.

Maybe a slight + of main starts to most implants will make them all worthwhile and will let classes reach higher TL weapons. (maybe +2-3 dex max on MC5s and the rest of the implants accordingly)

Also Bragi be carefull with the monk balancing. It seems to be at this time the monks are balanced Apus do good damage but are fragile as before and ppus are great as always. If we make apus even better or to hard to kill while making the other classes have less damage or less resist depending on their setup there is a chance we might get monkocron back and no one wants that.

Bragi
10-05-15, 22:31
The actual availability of main-skill bonuses has increased (PEs can reach the dizzy if you try hard enough), but now there is more of a tradeoff between main-skill and sub-skill.

Check out this thread (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?156173-The-Implant-amp-Power-Armour-changes-and-You) for some more in-depth explanation for what's going on.

Don't worry too much if your new setup has less total bonuses than before (which it most probably will have). Overall and individual factors can be adjusted so that the game plays as it did.
What is really important is how the new implants work with each other rather than compared with what's on retail.

Snake EYE
11-05-15, 09:48
Thanks for the replies Bragi.

So it's not just a case of rolling out the imp changes and that's that, there can be some fine tuning of other stuff too.

Sweet.

In that case then, after fiddling around with monk and tank setups last night I think the new changes definitely do add a lot more variation to the setups than current retail.

If the lower TL weapons get some fine tuning and the beam weapons are back on the menu, it could be very interesting!

Also, I think the difference between tier 3 / rare / mc5 is spot on. It's nice that people can have competitive PVP setups without them and only gain a little bonus with them.

A little question about that: since mc5s are now split between main skill and sub skill (eg. Dip now giving +5 dex +15 hack or what ever it is, and CCP give ing +20 pc, +20 RC, +10 Wep, +10tc), it may mean the one we currently use could be useless in our new setups. Will we get the chance to swap them or will everyone have to go farm different ones?

Divide
11-05-15, 15:09
Bragi,

Will any effort be made to adjust rifles to accommodate the fact that the only desirable ones (except SH) for a spy to use are tl113 and above given the fact that this will essentially call for a player to gimp?

Also-- any ETA on the armor changes? Will the armor changes come with a new armor resist curve? Looking forward to new stuff to learn.

Zoltan
11-05-15, 15:59

Netcode - Movement, switching weapons, any actions should now run much smoother than before

Gameplay Updates

Weapons are "recalculated" - Please test the damage output
NPC Healths are "recalculated" - Don't fear the evil Rat anymore! ;)
LE changed to the NC1 Version - -33% XP and -33% Money starting from BR 1

Please do me a favor and please test things like "movement" and "clipping" in pvp, also test beam weapons.
Things that need to be tested too: All damages, resistances and armor should be equal on all classes - so please test the dmg output with the same weapons and same skills on different classes.

UPDATE: Weapons are still not doing damage as aspected - You can't recalculate 822 weapons at once (mainly because of their individiual behavior) we need to adjust them by hand and weapon by weapon.

Bragi
11-05-15, 18:15
Will any effort be made to adjust rifles to accommodate the fact that the only desirable ones (except SH) for a spy to use are tl113 and above given the fact that this will essentially call for a player to gimp?
Yes.

I'm going to be running through all weapons tonight hopefully. I want to see TSU PEs, RoG Spies, etc.

Also-- any ETA on the armor changes? Will the armor changes come with a new armor resist curve? Looking forward to new stuff to learn.
Resist curve no (afaik), different values, yes.

Divide
11-05-15, 19:15
Yes.

I'm going to be running through all weapons tonight hopefully. I want to see TSU PEs, RoG Spies, etc.

Resist curve no (afaik), different values, yes.

Will there be a TL review of existing items? Will the FL and Dissy be 114/115 forever?

Back to armor - ETA? Is it actually going back to a single overall balance or is it staying segmented? Are all forms of armor going to be available to all classes? Is there any way we could request that the curve be reviewed or revamped?

solling
11-05-15, 22:05
Well after playing around with setups I have to say it looks good. Tanks got a slight buff and even if classes get a bit less over all combat skills it looks very good. I'm excited :) I really hope the lower til weapons get fixed / buffed miss my old pain easer / ROG pe ;)

Bragi
11-05-15, 23:53
Will there be a TL review of existing items? Will the FL and Dissy be 114/115 forever?

If you want I can put up a general discussion about weapon reqs.

Back to armor - ETA?
*Glares*

Is it actually going back to a single overall balance or is it staying segmented? Are all forms of armor going to be available to all classes? Is there any way we could request that the curve be reviewed or revamped?
Not all armour will be available to everyone in what is being worked on at the moment. It will be much more considered though, taking in to account who can use it.
Requirements are also going to be a key part of the rework.

Also.... Duranit!

Zoltan
12-05-15, 01:07

NPC changes from softpatches are now hardpatched
A fix is applied which limits the FPS in fullscreen to 60/62 - Please make sure your driver is NOT overriding any settings such like VSYNC
The "--" bug on Implant / Armor values are fixed

Gameplay Updates

Several Implant / Armor changes were made - Bragi will go more in detail about this
Weapon damage increased

Bragi
12-05-15, 01:32
Very minor ones actually. One of the suit line's PSI bonus was double what it should be and the inventory text for an imp was wrong. Early days for more general fixing.

Also, regarding the weapon fix, it's a bit rough; I did some testing on the TL75+ weapons and found that while the rares were all over the place, the epics and non-rares seemed to be consistent. As such I matched the others too them.
Quick testing shows that dmg is now probably too high (the TL81 Plasma Wave was doing almost double that of the Ravager, so now the Ravager is 'insane'). While it's scaling nicely, fights may be a 'little' fast paced.

I'll send a overall scaling tweak in the morning, until then, have some crazy time (and compare all weapons down to TL75 with setups to match).

Divide
12-05-15, 03:12
If you want I can put up a general discussion about weapon reqs.

That might be cool.

*Glares*

Next patch to hit retail after this one? Two more retail patches? Don't need to know the number of hours-- just the order, I guess.

Not all armour will be available to everyone in what is being worked on at the moment. It will be much more considered though, taking in to account who can use it.
Requirements are also going to be a key part of the rework.

Also.... Duranit!

I guess I should look over that thread again, I seem to recall a different community voice from this inquiry.

Excited for Duranit if it comes to spies. If not, another meh.

DomeOfTerror
13-05-15, 05:28
This is slightly off topic but I don't know where else to ask.
(tried in game but no one answers on test or retail)

How do I use the reverse loms ?

I went to neoconstruct and bought them but they do not give me any skill gain.

Do I have to level skills before they work, or something ?

Thanks for any and all help.

Edit to add: how do we implant and mod ??
Doesn't seem to be anyone online to do any of that. :(

solling
13-05-15, 08:14
Tested the beam weapons Ray of god , rav and healing light yesterday and they are working great , damage is good but not too good. Overall damage of the rifles at least seems a bit to high same with CS. But overall I'm liking the new implants and armor. Also apu spells are doing very low damage at the moment , something I'm sure will be fixed.

Snake EYE
13-05-15, 09:26
A few of us tested the rare beam weapons last night. They're hitting every time now. Awesome :)

Movement seems pretty smooth. The only 'bad' thing we noticed was someone dropping through the floor and popping up a few times in a duel. Everybody except the person falling through the floor would see it. I think that happens when you're on a hill. I know it's not a new issue but I guess it's related to netcode so I thought I'd mention it.

Also, people randomly seem to stand still for me for a second, then warp a few meters ahead. During this time, I stand stand still for others, then warp ahead slightly. I don't know if anyone else experiences this too? It's probably just because I have a relatively high ping (200+) but I also thought I'd mention it.

Didn't try any clipping though, we were out in the open.

Nice patch!

Zoltan
13-05-15, 13:23

More Netcode improvements to stabilize the movement - It should now run more smoothly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQngDV6_5Ew

DomeOfTerror
13-05-15, 19:38
Let's try to get an answer, again !!!

Doesn't seem to be anyone online to do any of that.

Drachenpaladin
13-05-15, 20:09
Let's try to get an answer, again !!!

Doesn't seem to be anyone online to do any of that.

Uh, instead of the reverse LOMs they kinda introduced the Super Hard Mission guy in the Ceres Temple.

Pokes and mods are a problem, you kinda have not much choice other than to dual log do some self-serving.

DomeOfTerror
13-05-15, 20:19
Uh, instead of the reverse LOMs they kinda introduced the Super Hard Mission guy in the Ceres Temple.

Pokes and mods are a problem, you kinda have not much choice other than to dual log do some self-serving.

Thank you for responding.

I'm a bit confused, the reverse LOMs don't work ?

I'll try going to the temple and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Drachenpaladin
13-05-15, 20:26
Thank you for responding.

I'm a bit confused, the reverse LOMs don't work ?

I'll try going to the temple and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Yes, i think they got deactivated or something. There is an altar somewhere in the Neoconstruct that ports you to the temple btw.

DomeOfTerror
13-05-15, 23:03
Yes, i think they got deactivated or something. There is an altar somewhere in the Neoconstruct that ports you to the temple btw.

Thank you again.

With your assistance I have it all working smoothly.

Much appreciation.

Drachenpaladin
13-05-15, 23:39
Btw, you may or may not get lucky by asking for a poke in the NC IRC channel. I just checked, my poker is still available.

Bragi
15-05-15, 00:15
I guess I should look over that thread again, I seem to recall a different community voice from this inquiry.
Wait, do you mean armour types or armour pieces?

Former yes (ish), latter no.

Also apu spells are doing very low damage at the moment , something I'm sure will be fixed.
Error on my part. We're dealing with a bit of a mess regarding weapons at the moment, but it's on my list for the next set of weapon changes I make (along with melee).

Bragi
15-05-15, 00:21
A few of us tested the rare beam weapons last night. They're hitting every time now. Awesome :)
:D.

Movement seems pretty smooth. The only 'bad' thing we noticed was someone dropping through the floor and popping up a few times in a duel. Everybody except the person falling through the floor would see it. I think that happens when you're on a hill. I know it's not a new issue but I guess it's related to netcode so I thought I'd mention it.
NC's 'up' axis is iffy to put it mildly. Aside from gliders and drones, players don't truly use it in the same sense as in other games. Z is looking at improving it.

It's probably just because I have a relatively high ping (200+) but I also thought I'd mention it.
With that kind of latency, there is going to be packet loss issues. Distance and number of servers the data has to travel through will always be higher than people closer to the server.
Is it consistent? Does it happen all the time, at a regular interval and/or does it increase/decrease with ping?

Zoltan
15-05-15, 14:07

Code refactorings. Code refactorings. Code refactorings

Gameplay Updates

The Damage and DoT system got reworked recently - A lot of hardcoded things were removed. Damage, DoTs and DoT Types are now on the fly configurable via "soft patches"

NOTE: All weapon damage, DoT effects and heals are now changed -significantly- from their previous values due to bugfixes to some underlying issues. Over the next few weeks these will be rebalanced.

Snake EYE
15-05-15, 16:07
NC's 'up' axis is iffy to put it mildly. Aside from gliders and drones, players don't truly use it in the same sense as in other games. Z is looking at improving it.

Awesome :)

Is it consistent? Does it happen all the time, at a regular interval and/or does it increase/decrease with ping?
I can't say I've ever noticed a pattern to it. It can happen once every few minutes or not happen at all. It can happen in a 1v1 duel but not happen in a 15 person OPwar. I have noticed the occasional packet loss when pinging a few servers over the months, so I guess it's just that.

Thanks for the replies!

Morekai
17-05-15, 21:32
On the note of rebalancing weapons, i would like to suggest to revise the re-working (or rendering useless) of AoE-weapons that happened a while ago. Ever since that patch came out AoE weapons have nearly disappeared - and I myself also noticed that the Holy barrel of my APU dealt only 10-20 damage per tick, which is plain ridiculous.

Dasore
18-05-15, 09:05
none rare? should be at least 30 and the rare one is 200...

Morekai
18-05-15, 09:57
Nope. The first number was definitely a 2 - which is why I am making this proposal. I don't want area-weapons to be overpowered either, but they should at least remain usable. Right now I don't remember anyone who was using an area-weapon lately. This is also matched by what i have been selling: Single target weapons - plenty of em. But no area weapons whatsoever. In a nutshell we are currently having several dozens of useless items among the weapons. I mean, back before the patch area weapons like raygun cannons, missile and grenade launchers used to be somewhat of a pain to aim because the shots rarely landed where you aimed. This inaccuracy - as far as i am concerned - was a decent disadvantage to compensate for the damage they dealt.
With the re-working of implants and armor now underway i see no reason why the damage should remain on par with a TL30 pistol. If we get some proper resist-armor we could give area weapons a purpose once again without needing to worry about opfights any more.
I had originally intended to equip my tank with a Moon striker or Doom Beamer, but as things are right now i dropped the idea because both are plain useless. If the gimped holy barrel is any indication they would deal like 50 or so damage. In that case it would be more effective to keep my trusty old TL84 plasma gun which deals around 80 damage per hit. I'd be a lot quicker killing the mobs one by one compared to a weapon that was once supposed to quite literally nuke the enemy out of existence.

Dasore
18-05-15, 10:53
each weapon kind is supposed for special areas, aoe weapons are pretty well balanced atm.
Aoe in chaos caves/regants/el farid does like 3-5 the dmg you can do with a single target weapon at the same time. If you try to hunt firemobs with doomy or moony its your own problem.

Holy barrel is 3x close to 30 dmg... so not that bad compared to the wave

Drachenpaladin
18-05-15, 11:43
Aoe in chaos caves/regants/el farid does like 3-5 the dmg you can do with a single target weapon at the same time.

The fuck? On Vedeena? Because it sure doesn't on Titan. I tested with the smallest Raygun Cannon in El Farid and the damage on a direct hit is equal to a single-target weapon of the same TL. AoE only really becomes viable when you get the chance to clog mobs up and hit 3 or more with one shot. Damage decay makes anything else a waste of time and ammo.

Kalonji Faya
18-05-15, 11:55
As I cannot start a new thread, I'm posting here, I just made a Pistol Spy this morning, and I'm wondering how can I reach 113 dex to use the BHG-9 pistol, with the implant being revised, it seems to be hard to use High end stuff .... I find cool some inmplant changes, but if because of the changes some stuff can't be used anymore, I think some people gonna start to cry ...

Kalonji

Edit : My bad, indeed you can reach 112 dex with a PA and 2, yes I said 2 MC5, so with a dex drug you can reach 114+ dex, but that means you need 2 mc5 or at least one and a tier3 brain imp ... a bit hard mostly nowadays, with those MC5 so hard to get ...

Drachenpaladin
18-05-15, 12:03
As I cannot start a new thread, I'm posting here, I just made a Pistol Spy this morning, and I'm wondering how can I reach 113 dex to use the BHG-9 pistol, with the implant being revised, it seems to be hard to use High end stuff .... I find cool some inmplant changes, but if because of the changes some stuff can't be used anymore, I think some people gonna start to cry ...

Kalonji

Well, once they roll out the changes you'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Go to the traders and look at the values of the different DEX implant, then do the math. TL115 is a fix star on the balancing chart I think, simply because most WoC items revolve around that number. So I doubt they simply forget about it...

Ivan Eres
18-05-15, 15:10
Keep it going Zoltan! Refactoring the code is a good investment of effort and time because it pays for sure. Thank you for the work.

Ivan Eres
18-05-15, 16:29

That's a very good strategy. There won't be any real progress in regard to balancing before the normalization has been done.

In layman terms: You need to clean up the place before the next party can start.

Regards

Ivan Eres
18-05-15, 16:31

You cannot change the big things that fast. It takes time. Especially with a small team.

That's why it's cool to change smaller features like the healthbar. There is progress, and there is fun in that.

Regards

Bragi
20-05-15, 01:32
Graphenic Nano-coat v F-24: +6 DEX
Synaptic Accelerator: +5 DEX, +15 HCK/WEP
Targeting Computer 3: +2 DEX, +15 RC/PC, +10 WEP
DEX 113.

Still leaves two brain slots and back booster.

You could use a Dex Booster (+5 DEX) and swap the SA for something else.
Or use two +5 DEX brain imps and a Balance Advancer 3 (+3 DEX) and either the Reinforced Spy PA or Graphenic Synth-gear v Q-24.
Or a mix of whatever.

Zoltan
27-05-15, 21:27

Damage System reworked - It's not possible to modify value from outside anymore (coding)
Healthbar fixed
Stuneffects fixed

Gameplay Updates

The poison FX effect is now looking like a poison effect

Refactoring the Damage System was and IS a huge step forward - This is the first time we get the same values ingame like we have it in our editors and a requirement to a good balancing.

Dru Blood
28-05-15, 10:17
I was leveling with rats yesterday and got owned multiple times on my 0/2 noob. I tried using a capped character by standing in front of a group of aggies and also got owned multiple times.

TL 3 heal is useless 0 tick rate.
Crahn rejuvenation lasts 1 second with 0 tick rate.
Generally ppu psi is useless under tl45

However these are probably things you are already aware of and I am willing to invest more time testing and reporting.

Zoltan
28-05-15, 11:11
Actually there is a bug with DoTs and HoTs if fixed it already. These temporary effects are ticking with just.... 1.
I'll create a patch in a few.

Zoltan
28-05-15, 13:18

A bug that causes just 1 damage / heal ticks was fixed
New FX for temporary effects added

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFdH_YfKB38

Dru Blood
28-05-15, 13:36
awesome, I will try these out tonight.

Dasore
28-05-15, 22:47
damn, with that effect other around you should also get fire dmg ;)

reminds me of the tributes of panem

Dru Blood
29-05-15, 01:02
TL3 heal works and heal sanctum. However Crahn Rejuvenation = insta heal full HP in one tick.
Maybe you already know this as its part of the hard coded stuff?

bmurph101
29-05-15, 05:08
Were 2 handers included in this patch???

Jack Slater
29-05-15, 08:30
Looks as if burning stealthers more fucked than ever :D
I'm curious about the first person though!

Dru Blood
29-05-15, 09:22
Looks as if burning stealthers more fucked than ever :D
I'm curious about the first person though!

With new burn effect in first person you cant see a thing, which is kinda cool, problem then is that nobody will use first person mode anymore not even for PVE.

Zoltan
29-05-15, 14:51
TL3 heal works and heal sanctum. However Crahn Rejuvenation = insta heal full HP in one tick.
Maybe you already know this as its part of the hard coded stuff?

Nope the Rejuvenation is made for testing on Vedeena - You don't want to wait until a 30 sec heal is running out when you are doing some damage tests :)

Dru Blood
29-05-15, 20:35
Nope the Rejuvenation is made for testing on Vedeena - You don't want to wait until a 30 sec heal is running out when you are doing some damage tests :)

Roger that!

Oh the new stealth effect is awesome no longer can you see the location of the player, the stealth haze is untrackable!!!! awesome!

Zoltan
30-05-15, 00:09
Roger that!

Oh the new stealth effect is awesome no longer can you see the location of the player, the stealth haze is untrackable!!!! awesome!

This was not intended ;D

Dru Blood
30-05-15, 00:12
This was not intended ;D

Shame! don't fix it though :)

Ivan Eres
03-06-15, 02:09
With new burn effect in first person you cant see a thing, which is kinda cool, problem then is that nobody will use first person mode anymore not even for PVE.

The solution would be to apply the burn effect in 3rd person too. Otherwise your prediction will always be true.

Jack Slater
03-06-15, 09:37
The solution would be to apply the burn effect in 3rd person too. Otherwise your prediction will always be true.
Didn't test the effect myself yet but if the flames are really that extreme: If it would work in 3rd person too everyone would use it in PVP to blind people and the spies run around setting everyone on fire with the result that you will be burning a lot. I don't want to wear shades during OP fights...

DomeOfTerror
04-06-15, 23:10
I, personally, do not like the blinding effects, Fire spells are blinding enough in first person as it is.
With these new effects everyone will have retinal burn after fighting fire mobs or PVPing if they like first person. :(

Concerned!
24-06-15, 12:13
[Edited - Spam/Powerposting]

Concerned!
24-06-15, 12:14
The Support team need to take a step back and really understand if the work they are putting into the game is focussed correctly. The biggest issue on the game over the recent months is the constant disconnect issue's... not being able to PVP for longer than an hour without your character randomly syncing out. These issue's became present when the last big patches hit Retail. They have been ignored and passed off as "DDOS ATTACKS".... that is bullshit and as neocron has always been faced with these issues and the outcome I'm referring to has only been present since 197 went live.. Look at the current server pops... on average 3% and ask yourselves what has caused this..... Yes numbers fall in summer, but this drastic loss of player base is due to the unreliability of the game at the present moment in time... SO PLEASE Stop wasting time with nonsense rework and balancing of items etc etc when the biggest issue is not being able to play the game longer than 10 minutes without being booted out... Come on guys think about this seriously...

Zoltan
24-06-15, 13:19
If would read the testserver patchnotes carefully you'll understand that a) The desync issue is fixed b) It is not possible to ship the current version yet to retail until it's "done".

The spam isn't necessary at all.

About the "DDOS Attacks" - You better tell this to our provider.

Concerned!
24-06-15, 14:30
If would read the testserver patchnotes carefully you'll understand that a) The desync issue is fixed b) It is not possible to ship the current version yet to retail until it's "done".

The spam isn't necessary at all.

About the "DDOS Attacks" - You better tell this to our provider.

Thanks for the timely response Zoltan... Although my feedback coincides with the current state on the test server. This issue is still present on the test server regardless of the notes stating "the desync issue is fixed". I wouldn't waste my time or yours writing something without first testing.. If you need demonstration I'm happy to reconstruct the issue by simple playing on the testserver for an hour...

Thanks

Zoltan
24-06-15, 14:38
I am pretty sure because I did the test on Vedeena ... unwitting. My client ran "accidentally" in the background for more than ~5 hours connected to Vedeena - No syncs, no disconnects, no crashs.

The disconnects in the past on Titan/Vedeena was caused by the netcode, yes... but also by the router / network interface which got replaced recently.

Concerned!
24-06-15, 14:47
I am pretty sure because I did the test on Vedeena ... unwitting. My client ran "accidentally" in the background for more than ~5 hours connected to Vedeena - No syncs, no disconnects, no crashs.

The disconnects in the past on Titan/Vedeena was caused by the netcode, yes... but also by the router / network interface which got replaced recently.

Unfortunately the issue isn't present when simply idling... The issue is most present when in PVP scenario's using very fast movement.. You can replicate the issue very easily playing on an APU monk in a few fights... What is very strange is that when you receive this Dysync issue your characters movement/actions are still live on neocron whilst on the client side everything is unresponsive.. This is still present and if you need proof I'll be happy to spend a bit of time demonstrating..

Drachenpaladin
24-06-15, 15:23
Unfortunately the issue isn't present when simply idling... The issue is most present when in PVP scenario's using very fast movement.. You can replicate the issue very easily playing on an APU monk in a few fights... What is very strange is that when you receive this Dysync issue your characters movement/actions are still live on neocron whilst on the client side everything is unresponsive.. This is still present and if you need proof I'll be happy to spend a bit of time demonstrating..

I call trolling attempt, a bad one.

If this issue was really relevant you wouldn't be here discussing this nonsense, you'd have made a recording and just slapped it as proof into the bug report forum to begin with.

Why would anyone with this issue ASK if proof is needed, or waste time copypasting a bitching post - if not for trolling.

Concerned!
24-06-15, 16:14
I call trolling attempt, a bad one.

If this issue was really relevant you wouldn't be here discussing this nonsense, you'd have made a recording and just slapped it as proof into the bug report forum to begin with.

Why would anyone with this issue ASK if proof is needed, or waste time copypasting a bitching post - if not for trolling.

Seriously Drachen WTF?

Keep your big nose out because you are clearly clueless...

This is the biggest issue with NC right now... Take a look at server pop's now against all pop's in history of NC. Look at the decline, take note when the decline started and what may have caused it at that time...

Anyway if there is anyone left in the NC Support team that would care to address the biggest issue with the game right now please speak up.... I'm not trolling I don't have a powerful enough computer to record whilst gaming at a suitable FPS level.
I'm happy to spend an hour fighting against one of the support team to demonstrate this as I'm confident it is still not fixed....

NC is a big part of my enjoyment in life outside the realworld and to see it in this state is simply soul destroying... especially giving the amount of work that is being focussed on less urgent issues i.e balancing...

You need to fix the walls of NC before looking at the cracks....

Thanks

Drachenpaladin
24-06-15, 16:18
Seriously Drachen WTF?

Keep your big nose out because you are clearly clueless...

This is the biggest issue with NC right now... Take a look at server pop's now against all pop's in history of NC. Look at the decline, take note when the decline started and what may have caused it at that time...

Anyway if there is anyone left in the NC Support team that would care to address the biggest issue with the game right now please speak up.... I'm not trolling I don't have a powerful enough computer to record whilst gaming at a suitable FPS level.
I'm happy to spend an hour fighting against one of the support team to demonstrate this as I'm confident it is still not fixed....

NC is a big part of my enjoyment in life outside the realworld and to see it in this state is simply soul destroying... especially giving the amount of work that is being focussed on less urgent issues i.e balancing...

You need to fix the walls of NC before looking at the cracks....

Thanks

If its such a big issue, why do you waste so much time instead of working on the Dsync proof?

<°)))o><

Bifrost
24-06-15, 16:25
Ok that's enough of the flames and trolling and get back on topic.

In regard to the de-sync issue, more information on your ISP, location, PC, OS, Router etc is needed. We know you have a de-sync issue we need to see the bigger picture to see why you are having a de-sync issue.

Concerned!
25-06-15, 12:24
Thank you Bitfrost appreciate you recognise this is a big issue, it would be fantastic to get a fix.. I'm nearly at the end of my tether and can fully understand the drops in pop's if players have been having the same problems as experienced my side. Just to note I've not had any De-sync issue's in any other MMORPG or any game in that matter and doubt it's in relation to my hardware. But as you've taken the time to respond I'll take the time to answer your question;

Talk Talk
London
5 Year old Rig "Intel Core I5 2.63 ghz/ ATI Radeon 5770/ 16 Gb Kingston Hyper X//Seagate 750GB Momentus XT
Windows 7
Bullion 7800N

Cheers

Zoltan
26-06-15, 14:52

Nag screen which warns you of starting multiple client instances removed
Weapons: (Cosmetics) Weapons can have their own light sources now
GameEditor project revived again
Support for 1024px textures added
Actor scaling added
Map compiler improved
Server / Client netsocket management improved - connections should now working faster - ping should be lower
Kill stats tracker added - Useful for some PvP statistics - This will be available for the Public Api too

Gameplay Updates

A first version of weapon adjustments to the new damage system - Yes, the damage is still low
So called "RangeWeapons" (Rocket-, Fusion-, Raygun-,... cannons) can now have a burst mode

Visual Updates

New DoT Effects added
New Rezz Effect added
New reworked woodbox actor added
New reworked decals added

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.

OLD No.7 BrAnD
26-06-15, 19:41
Finally good news again! CU on Vedeena.

dWintermut3
29-06-15, 07:37
Some feedback "damage being low" is a drastic understatement. I tested with an APU (capped, using rare weapons), a tank (also capped) and a rifle spy. the APU went 0/3 against 54/54 raptors, couldn't do enough damage even with capped-damage rares. Tank with a Maeldiction, which I have plenty of experience with (that used to be my rare hunter once upon a time), no luck in chaos caves, unable to kill a single fire mob.

So I figured okay lets scale it WAY down, I took a rifle spy out, didn't cap her guns but did very well with them (also took vehicle to get myself around). I thought I would take on mobs of successively lower level until I found something I COULD kill. Using an ionic shotgun and a ronin WoC sniper.

Small spiderbots were no-go, actually killed me.

Launcher cyclops were no-go, I didn't die but couldn't kill them without pop and shoot and spending five minutes each (by that figure I estimate that my Ronin and Ionic Shotgun did less damage than a dex 32 pistol spy).

Went WAY down, was actually killed by snakes, though my health was already low.

By the time I got to fierce spiders (the yellow buggers in the sewers) it took three-four shots from a capped-quality ionic shotgun.

Started again with a newbie, unable to kill 6/6 rats successfully without several deaths, PPU support, or a lot of run and heal.

The game is pretty much untestable because I can't test drop rates, I can't test combat strategies because there's no way to actually kill mobs. I was going to try MC-5, but I couldn't get past the desert mobs to get to it, and I think we all know what the result of that will be.

Player damage needs to be multiplied by a factor of 10-20, and survivability needs an increase of at least fivefold. Spies are unable to take any hits right now, and tanks can withstand a great deal, which tells me that the issue is base resist or base damage is way out of whack.

Resillience testing:

newbie spy dies in three bites from 6/6 rat.

Capped spy in full PA and armor dies in approximately 4 volleys from small spiderbot.

capped APU, in fire-specced armor, three fire stacks from a raptor, down.

Capped tank, generic-spec armor. Stood off against fire mobs a good while with use of only healing nanites, had survival packs on standby didn't need to use them. Got bored after three minutes, went home.

SvK151
30-06-15, 21:25
Was going to hop on and do some testing but from the above post it looks like its fairly clear what needs to be done. Is there anything that can be done to help contribute?

Massaker
01-07-15, 01:04
I got synchronising every time I type "/set kill_self 1" on the test server :P

Zoltan
01-07-15, 20:19
I'll test this later when I am back at home.

Zoltan
01-07-15, 21:50
I don't get a sync but I don't die. Its because of the changes some patches ago, where the server decides if you die or not. kill_self was a part of the client side damage calculations.

bmurph101
07-07-15, 01:51
Any chance for a WoC melee weapon of some sorts? Like a 2h Devil's Grace or something?

Jafoole
15-07-15, 20:32
Exciting times!

Zoltan
15-07-15, 21:10
Any chance for a WoC melee weapon of some sorts? Like a 2h Devil's Grace or something?

-> The Hurler King's Brassnuckle!

bmurph101
16-07-15, 08:27
-> The Hurler King's Brassnuckle!

Pls god no

Zoltan
16-07-15, 16:44

A lot of tool improvements regarding the Map compiler, Texture Packer and World Editor
The engine is now able to handle high quality textures - 24BIT / 32BIT instead of a max. of 16BIT 565. Worldtextures are not downscaled to 8BIT paletted textures anymore, there also 24BIT and far more than x256 (~4k support)
The limitation of lightmaps are also removed - they should have a more higher resolution which results in smoother lighting
GM's are now able to use the player version of placing things in a room

Gameplay Updates

A lot of implant and armor changes - Bragi will go more into detail

Know issues

Some alphas are not working anymore (e.g. tree in the wastelands) they apear just black - We're on it

See what the Neocron Engine is now able to render:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI30f1cWcAA38jw.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJaIFLQWUAAlwK_.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIv3VRaWoAAua2a.png:large

Hell-demon
16-07-15, 19:07
See what the Neocron Engine is now able to render:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI30f1cWcAA38jw.png

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/0/0d/Male_Nuclear_Inspector.png/revision/latest?cb=20111219052437

THE BOX!!!! THE BOX!!!!

bmurph101
16-07-15, 20:34
Keep up the good work brotato. New rendering looks great.

LeoPump
16-07-15, 21:04
New Rendering looks amazing! Keep it up! ;)

Bragi
17-07-15, 00:35
A lot of implant and armor changes - Bragi will go more into detail

The main thrust of (my part of) this patch is in the armour area.

The previous system tied armour values to TL, rather than setting the values to be appropriate to who can use a given armour piece.
This created a number of problems:

Some armour types were partly available to some classes; Eg. the top level battle helmet is Str 41, so unmodified Spies could not use it.

Differences between levels were minimal; the bottom level duranium helmet/necklace gave +96 energy to the head, while the top level gave +116. A minimal difference in overall damage reduction.

The new armour system targets each armour piece at who will use it. There are three types of general user: regular, negative-modified and positive-modified.
Some people many have noticed that some implants reduce Str or some similar stat while having higher bonuses. With the current armour system, this negative doesn't mean a whole lot (like many of the experimental implants), but a PE or Spy for example now would find themselves unable to use a certain armour type - the lower armour offsetting the higher than normal bonuses on the implant. These would be 'negative-modified'.
A player using an implant to increase strength for example would be able to use a higher level of armour, but loose out on a resist implant or offence implant. These would be 'positive-modified'.

If you take a look at the requirements of the armours now, they will fall into distinct ranges, Eg.: 51-55 - negative PEs, 56-60 - regular PEs and 61-65 - positive PEs.

We next come to how much armour each class/sub-class should have.
Currently the difference in total armour values may seem a lot, but as with the above example of duranium, the overall damage reduction difference as a result of the total armour values is not distinct enough.

As a provisional starting point, I've roughly gone for total average armour unmodified values for each location of 40 for Spies/Monks, 60 for PEs and 80 for Tanks.
As there are six armour types, this gives us 240, 360 and 480 total armour in each location. The pure armour PAs give about half of this and there are two armour pieces per location, so we end up with a total armour amount of 60, 90 and 120 per piece.
Eg. The Heavy Kevlar Helmet gives +10 Force/Piercing and +20 Fire/Poison, for a total of 60.

There is of course the issue of the total defence abilities of a class compared to another. If a lot of areas are fixed, tanks - with their higher hp, resists, armour and 100 main-stat cap appear to come out on top. And they do. Fixing the currently 'useless' Spy and PE Psi abilities will come along later. Monks of course intended to have the highest dmg output.

Another issue is that most primary dmg, aside from a few given weapons, is energy and piercing based. Many of the armours will have little apparent value when those two damage types have priority (I recently talked to someone with 146 energy resist - this is not a result of a balanced or varied damage/armour system).
A follow-up patch will address this to some extent (just ironing out some issues at the moment).

Some minor points:

Not everything can or needs to be viable for PvP. Some of the options are more 'elemental' in that they provide protection more focused in one are, but the total armour bonus is equal or lower than a standard item.
One example is the Int-based belts and mob-drop armour. Previously they are simply better than the Str ones, but now they follow an overall equal, but different proportion of armour values. Eg. the Inq 2 vest offers +20 force/piercing and +50 fire, but the titanium vest is +10/+70.

The underwear system has also been revamped.
They have been split into two types; pre-PA items (PA slot items worn before PA is available) and high-end PvE items.
The former (Carbonsilk, Glasfibre, FeSilicon & Argentiferous) generally focus on a type of damage, depending on what mob your are fighting against while you level. The latter are higher level items that provide above PA level values is a single area, but have large penalties.

I am also trying to implement full titan/viper armour sets, but am having to deal with some issues regarding the whole mob-drop system.

Edit:
P.S. Who remembers the Cypher helmet? ;)

Zoltan
17-07-15, 09:31
Gameplay Updates

set kill_self deactivated (Yes I am aware of the mighty drugflash)
Drone movement improved but needs testing

Visual Updates

New sky textures added for "dawn"

Know issues

Some alphas are not working anymore (e.g. tree in the wastelands) they apear just black - We're on it

Dasore
17-07-15, 10:12
damn what a wall of text, but good to read what you want to get the armor system to.

keep up the work and see you on the testserver

SteveJinx
17-07-15, 12:06
Haha wow that rending looks good! Is that what it will look like when i log in now or?

Mortis
17-07-15, 15:51
there is a problem with the xp gain...

and i find the starter drones to weak, it should be muchier easier to play at the very beginning

ps: starting hitting something, jumping around, made con/dex/str/int gain lvls
guess i have to use psi spells to gain the get the lvls...

wasn't there a new sync screen?

Trivaldi
21-07-15, 00:01
Haha wow that rending looks good! Is that what it will look like when i log in now or?
Not yet ;)

Ivan Eres
24-07-15, 15:55
Why can't I see the new rendering picture?

Can you post it again? I'd really like to see it!

Trivaldi
24-07-15, 16:20
Still working for me, are you connected via a work network or something similar which may be blocking the image host?

Omnituens
26-07-15, 12:28
Who remembers the Cypher helmet? ;)
That takes me back :D

Seems like a lot of good updates.

What are your thoughts about the stats screen giving out 1 value for each resist, with a tool tip stating the armour/skill split? At the moment it's a bit confusing having the concept of 2 different resist stats each with a different scalar of effectiveness.

Ivan Eres
27-07-15, 22:05
Still working for me, are you connected via a work network or something similar which may be blocking the image host?

Yes, that's what it was! Now I see them, and they look great. Good job, NST.

Zoltan
30-07-15, 22:53
Gameplay Updates

Minor client / server side fixes
Some implant / armor changes - Bragi will go more into detail on that

Visual Updates

New sky textures added for "day clear"
A first version of a localized HUD

Know issues

Bragi
31-07-15, 00:14
Some implant / armor changes - Bragi will go more into detail on that

There are now full sets of titan and viper armour; however the means of obtaining them has changed.
The scorpion queen and blood viper king should drop unique parts that can be recycled with either lvl2 carbon/inq armours.
The Paw of Bear has been temporarily boosted to assist in killing mobs. I may buff some other weapons for other classes.

Much of the damage proportions for ammo mods have been significantly altered.
Modded weapons now do a majority (usually 75%) of secondary damage, rather than the current 20-25%.
Much more variety in the duration and proportion of damage that comes from DoTs.

Some variation in the base damage of some weapon types has also been introduced.
For example: Lasers now have an element of fire dmg (because... burny burny) and pulse lasers have some piercing (because... stabby stabby).
Also, please test the paralyser ammo for the Swat Backup. If it works as intended, it should reduce the stamina pool by a small amount.

Note: Due to the way soft-patching and hard-coded effects work, some DoTs are not working as intended. Eg. the 9mm pistols and flamers.

Arcaine
02-08-15, 00:02
don't know if it is known atm, but the TL16 personal injector applies a DoT instead of heal, that slowly drains health

Massaker
02-08-15, 20:48
the x-ray damage of the cs isn't more than the energy damage... nova is as expected.

Xortag
03-08-15, 12:02
Shiny things...

Everything is Work in Progress and guranted to change.

GR Textures are placeholders. Black DoT's from screen2 are gone. Viarosso Fascade is one of 5 new window tiles.

Drachenpaladin
03-08-15, 12:05
GR Textures are placeholders. Black DoT's from screen2 are gone.

You mean the floor tiles? Thought that was just fancy marble :D

Xortag
03-08-15, 12:08
You mean the floor tiles? Thought that was just fancy marble :D

No, it's one of the ugly engine bugs that prevented us from doing anything on levels. Red/Green compression artifacts are gone also (and already improved everything on Vedeena).

William Antrim
03-08-15, 19:00
New art looks really nice, be aware of floating plant pots in the apartment screen though!

Ascension
03-08-15, 21:09
new sky box in viarosa looks really oversaturated?

Bragi
03-08-15, 23:55
don't know if it is known atm, but the TL16 personal injector applies a DoT instead of heal, that slowly drains health

Probably due to one of the backend changes Z has been making; might have previously been hard-coded to read certain damage types written as positive into a negative.
Are all nanite heals doing this? What about psi heals?

Fremen
04-08-15, 08:45
Very cool stuff ! Gj on the new textures.

Today I got a friend back on NC, he didn't play for a year but instantly noticed new textures !

Also, this might be off topic, but when are all the patches 199 to 217 expected to hit retail ?

Falchion
04-08-15, 17:12
Also, this might be off topic, but when are all the patches 199 to 217 expected to hit retail ?

SOON(tm)

Or more precisely: When its done! (c)

Bragi
04-08-15, 17:28

It largely depends on how much we want to take from Vedeena to Titan.

We've got the initial phases of the implant and armour rework done; when we get the initial weapon balancing done we could go to retail. But this would leave a whole host of issues like NPC dmg/health, Spy/PE psi abilities and PPUs.

Waiting for another layer/phase to be completed before releasing means delaying a long needed patch, releasing early means retail is worse.

Morpheuz
04-08-15, 18:10
It largely depends on how much we want to take from Vedeena to Titan...
Maybe it would be a good idea to bring the non-Balance related stuff (e.g. Netcode improvement/NPC / Player health indicators are now showing up the remaining healthpool in percent) in a Patch „soon“ and the Balance Stuff after that?

So some of the benefits would go live and smaller Bugs(overlooked on Vedeena) could be fixed. Afterwards you could focus even more on the balancing.

By the way, the new Textures and tiles look great!

MFG

Xortag
04-08-15, 18:44
new sky box in viarosa looks really oversaturated?

Yes, they will be toned down a bit with the next patch but at all it's not made for Viarosso. Viarosso will get the ocean back but we experience quite some problems that prevent us from having all 17 weather/sky sets up. At the moment, just 3 skymaps are used everywhere.

Bragi
05-08-15, 00:01
Maybe it would be a good idea to bring the non-Balance related stuff (e.g. Netcode improvement/NPC / Player health indicators are now showing up the remaining healthpool in percent) in a Patch „soon“ and the Balance Stuff after that?

This is only really a question Z can answer. A lot of work has been done in many areas and I don't know how compartmentalised he has kept it. So much links with other areas.

AlvaroT
05-08-15, 12:42
Any chance for implementing some bump mapping? Textures look great, but very flat. Some depth could make them even more pleasant to watch. Dont forget about retexturing wastelands as well, I know that city is most important.

PVPJunkie
05-08-15, 13:49
Appreciate the effort/time spent on trying to rebalance armour/implants/drugs... but thus far this has only resulted in negative outcomes. There is now less variation available with setups with the changes made... spent a considerable amount of time testing variation on retail/ verdeena and the results very disappointing.

Without trying to be negative, It would really be best to just scrap the planned change's in these area's and to focus efforts on weapon balancing, fixing broken textures and general bad code.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I feel time and efforts are being wasted, please switch focus to the right channel's we could be making some really positive changes to NC, rather than just causing stress to those that have a love for the PVP experience available in NC.

Ascension
05-08-15, 16:01
Any chance for implementing some bump mapping? Textures look great, but very flat. Some depth could make them even more pleasant to watch. Dont forget about retexturing wastelands as well, I know that city is most important.

I've been wandering round looking for changes, but I've only noticd the skybox, mat in viarosa apps etc. That an the new signs/decals a few patches back.

Falchion
05-08-15, 16:05

Yes, we'd wish for that too... but alas, it's all a question of time and work.
Zoltan is currently the only one capable of working with the engine code, and apart from being on a well deserved vacation right now hes also got his hands tied with work in other areas. Like entangling the mess that are the mechanics for damage calculations etc. mentioned in the status update

BUT he already did take a look at it. And what he found wasn't promising. Afaik the underlying engine had some simple implementations of such features to support bump mapping and such. However those capabilities got severely castrated by the old developers for god knows what reason so... there is a lot of stuff to do. Again.

And hey, while we implement normal maps and dynamic shadows - why not go for Physically Based rendering as well? IIRC it runs even under DX9. If only all the assets weren't so sparse with polygons...

But until that day new meshes and higher resolution textures with baked lighting will have to suffice.
However, we are aware!

Zoltan
18-10-15, 05:35
Gameplay Updates

Weapons got recalculated - TL is affecting the weapons handling at all, means: A rare weapon should work like a weapon of this kind should work - with decreasing TL the weapon should get more malusses on damage, frequency, handling and range
Weapon damage output on NPC are doubled

Visual Updates

Sky textures added for "day clear" updated

Know issues

Guns with piercing damage (Wyatt Earp, Pain Easer, Libra,...) don't working - I need to figure out which is causing that
The both CAR-47 WoC rifles should do the same damage (I haven't tested it yet) - This is not intended
Your weapon skill isn't affecting your damage yet

bmurph101
22-10-15, 08:19
Awesome to hear! Just to be clear, this is only on Vedeena currently?

Edit: Still waiting on something like this (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightclub) ;)

Zoltan
27-10-15, 21:13
Awesome to hear! Just to be clear, this is only on Vedeena currently?

Edit: Still waiting on something like this (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightclub) ;)

Yes, just Vedeena =)

Zoltan
27-10-15, 21:21
Gameplay Updates

New "Balancing Mode" for the server added. This mode allows us to remove any effects which influences weapon damage (next line).
Skill + Weapon + Aim modifiers added to the damage output

Visual Updates

Item images were fixed. The black artifacts should be gone on items.

Know issues

Guns with piercing damage (Wyatt Earp, Pain Easer, Libra,...) don't working - I need to figure out which is causing that
The both CAR-47 WoC rifles should do the same damage (I haven't tested it yet) - This is not intended
Your weapon skill isn't affecting your damage yet

Darkeast
28-10-15, 17:42
richtig geiler patch Zoltan nur nim dich in acht vom meinem bruder (der psi modul dot frager ^^) er wird dich dafür küssen :angel: .ist es gewollt das mann auf den test server keine chars erstellen kann immer wenn ich nen char erstellen will heist es das der name shon vergeben ist obwohl ich den char extra für den namen gelöscht habe. ich freue mich auch schon auf das waffen balancing. Da muss noch was gemacht werden weil bei nen warbot titen 661 dmg mit nen Fire apoc und HL und 575 dmg mit dem frosti ist nicht normal finde ich ;) .

Schönen tag noch wünscht Darkeast

Zoltan
28-10-15, 23:04
richtig geiler patch Zoltan nur nim dich in acht vom meinem bruder (der psi modul dot frager ^^) er wird dich dafür küssen :angel: .ist es gewollt das mann auf den test server keine chars erstellen kann immer wenn ich nen char erstellen will heist es das der name shon vergeben ist obwohl ich den char extra für den namen gelöscht habe. ich freue mich auch schon auf das waffen balancing. Da muss noch was gemacht werden weil bei nen warbot titen 661 dmg mit nen Fire apoc und HL und 575 dmg mit dem frosti ist nicht normal finde ich ;) .

Schönen tag noch wünscht Darkeast

Danke, nein das Balancing ist noch nicht fertig.

RuNmAN
29-10-15, 14:53
Wieso, der Schaden passt doch.

Ich verstehe sowie nicht, warum man - bei einem 13+ Jahre alten Game - den "Schwierigkeitsgrad" in Form von mehr Hitpoints anhebt. Jeder hat alles. Soll es das "Teamplay" fördern? Dazu benötigt das Game mehr Spieler. Ich denke nicht, dass ein Veteran in Neocron lust hat, mehrere Minuten auf einen Warbot/Grim/Whatever einzukloppen um evtl. an ein Part zu kommen. Im lowlvl Bereich siehts derzeit genau gleich aus. Mein frisch erstellter PE braucht mit der Anfängerrifle eine Ewigkeit um eine Crab zu killen, da diese scheinbar schier unendlich viele Hitpoints hat.

Das ganze Balancing geht derzeit eher in Richtung casual gaming. Zugern erinnere ich mich an die Zeit auf Saturn, als ich mit meinem APU - bewaffnet mit einem Energy Beam - hunderte Warbots zerlegt hab, um an ein FireApoc und HL zu kommen.

Odimara Orca
29-10-15, 14:56
Wieso, der Schaden passt doch.

Ich verstehe sowie nicht, warum man - bei einem 13+ Jahre alten Game - den "Schwierigkeitsgrad" in Form von mehr Hitpoints anhebt. Jeder hat alles. Soll es das "Teamplay" fördern? Dazu benötigt das Game mehr Spieler. Ich denke nicht, dass ein Veteran in Neocron lust hat, mehrere Minuten auf einen Warbot/Grim/Whatever einzukloppen um evtl. an ein Part zu kommen. Im lowlvl Bereich siehts derzeit genau gleich aus. Mein frisch erstellter PE braucht mit der Anfängerrifle eine Ewigkeit um eine Crab zu killen, da diese scheinbar schier unendlich viele Hitpoints hat.

Das ganze Balancing geht derzeit eher in Richtung casual gaming. Zugern erinnere ich mich an die Zeit auf Saturn, als ich mit meinem APU - bewaffnet mit einem Energy Beam - hunderte Warbots zerlegt hab, um an ein FireApoc und HL zu kommen.

Schwierigkeitsgrad senken?

Ich bin dagegen.

Schaut einfach das es am Schluss ungefähr gleich ist wie auf Retail.

Dann bin ich zufrieden.

Ascension
29-10-15, 18:42
I check in this forum on a regular basis, but its getting harder and harder to understand whats going on with language defaulting to german :(

Massaker
29-10-15, 20:21
Because the German part of the community is more active at the moment than the English speaking part? ;)

I have to admit that the return of the DoT on the fire and poison spells is really cool. But the freezing of freezers are pain :P But this is also not the end configuration?

Bragi
29-10-15, 20:38
But the freezing of freezers are pain :P
How freezers work was altered, unfortunately, it's backwards. So rather than reducing, for example, by 10% runspeed, it reduces to 10% runspeed. This also makes the lower the skill, quality and dmg of a freeze weapon actually more effective at freezing.

Odimara Orca
29-10-15, 21:21
How freezers work was altered, unfortunately, it's backwards. So rather than reducing, for example, by 10% runspeed, it reduces to 10% runspeed. This also makes the lower the skill, quality and dmg of a freeze weapon actually more effective at freezing.

Will this be fixed?

ariall
04-11-15, 19:02
when the damage is getting "fixed"? Its impossible to level up now with a 0/2 noobie, like dWintermud3 wrote in the post above.
To insta-cap a 0/2 char you can do the "very hard mission " in the ceres cave , ( kill the rank 6/6 rat for loads of xp) , but its impossible to kill it with a new char.
This patch is from more than 4 months ago, so what is the progress in this?

$tormbringer
07-11-15, 14:47
Just went to the TestServer.
Killed a Warbot, tried to loot it -> Damn Locked (no suprise there)
Hacked it -> Damn Locked (still?!)
Another thing: heals don't seem to do anything, is that supposed to be how it is? (Tested Crahn Rejuv and Blessed Heal)

Trivaldi
17-05-16, 00:20
Rather big merge. Due to the reset of Vedeena, the previous multitude of patches have been merged into a new T#199 and T#200. Sorry for any confusion caused.

All of the redirects from the old separate threads will vanish in a couple of days.

brand
17-05-16, 01:26
at least i like the drug changes. just not sure if the bd resist drugs might be too strong.

Bragi
17-05-16, 01:35
at least i like the drug changes. just not sure if the bd resist drugs might be too strong.

True; It's the area I am least sure about.
A key issue (for PvP) will be weapon damage proportions, which currently favour high piercing/energy resist/armour values. In which case the dragon drugs are clearly very powerful.
Input on this would be appreciated.

Also: Wrong thread? ;)