PDA

View Full Version : Regents boss room

Chuck Norris
26-03-15, 12:26
After forever and then some I reinstalled Neocron and tried to go level my APU. Much to my dismay I could not. The mobs in the boss room seemed to take no damage from any of my spells. It would say it was damaging things but theyd never loose life.

If that area working as intended?

Baldur
26-03-15, 13:08
Those mobs have always been kinda immune to all damagetypes except for energy-damage.

I've just tested it with a Creed, a Holy Lightning and an Energy barrel and the mobs took damage.
My Fire Apoc did not do any damage though.

Works as intended so far :)

Morpheus
26-03-15, 18:34
If Chuck Norris pleads for this room being to difficult, I want to participate in setting it back to the old level.

If groups were normal in NC, one could argue about making it an requirement to have a group.

But we don't have groups.

At least not me..

Hell-demon
26-03-15, 18:44
Those mobs have always been kinda immune to all damagetypes except for energy-damage.

I've just tested it with a Creed, a Holy Lightning and an Energy barrel and the mobs took damage.
My Fire Apoc did not do any damage though.

Works as intended so far :)

Strange how fleshy based creatures are immune to fire damage. I understand that the fire mobs would be immune due to the hard chitin but mutant humans? It would make sense they have a poison immunity because the regant guys are created virally. Why fire though?

Jodo
26-03-15, 19:25
Strange how fleshy based creatures are immune to fire damage. I understand that the fire mobs would be immune due to the hard chitin but mutant humans? It would make sense they have a poison immunity because the regant guys are created virally. Why fire though?

Cos they're gooey?

Divide
26-03-15, 20:20
It would say it was damaging things but theyd never loose life.

Works as intended so far

How can it be working as intended if he is seeing damage numbers when he is doing no damage?

OLD No.7 BrAnD
26-03-15, 20:32
When Chuck Norris enters a room, the room leaves.

Same in Regant! No room, no mobs to hit=no damage!

Baldur
26-03-15, 21:49
How can it be working as intended if he is seeing damage numbers when he is doing no damage?

Where exactely did he say, that he was seeing damage numbers ?

Baldur
26-03-15, 22:10
To clarify this:

The FIRE and POISON resistances for the respective NPCs are set to "immune" or "invincible", which means that you can not damage these NPCs with fire and poison damage at all.
(it has always been like this, we have not changed these values).

All Genotoxic NPCs also share a high resistance to force damage and rather low resistances to energy and xray.

Divide
27-03-15, 02:20
Where exactely did he say, that he was seeing damage numbers ?

It would say it was damaging things but theyd never loose life.

in the OP

Chuck Norris
02-04-15, 03:32
still having problems; i dont have any rare apu modules

Kalonji Faya
02-04-15, 10:30
what are exactly the problems you encounter ??!
Can you be more precise, or post screenshots af your problems ??!

We or GM's can't help without knowinf exactly what's happening to you ;)

Kalonji

Chuck Norris
03-04-15, 06:09
Holy energy (beam, multibolt and barrel) spells say they are damaging things but they dont actually lose the life on the life bars and they dont die ever.. also no exp gains

Terror_Nonne
03-04-15, 07:06
Play Rigger, works fine. :D :p :lol:

Kalonji Faya
06-04-15, 13:30
Hey Chuck !

What Combat Rank / Level are you ?! When you say your spells are damaging things, what amount of dmg do you do with a hit of Holy energy beam for exemple ?!

I'm trying to understand ... My APU monk does dmg with his blessed energy beam and the barrel works well too, I just went to Regant to make a test, and I could kill for Genotoxic Parasites with my blessed energy barrel ... So I guess you should write a ticket Ingame ...

Like it has been said above, stick to Energy psi modules, fire or poison Module won't work at all !! But why your energy modules won't work, I can't figure it out ... sorry!

Kalonji Faya

ps : I just forgot to say, Mobs in regant are high to very-high level, so they take forever to die !!! My tank kills the Geno Nightmare (120/120) in like 10-15 minutes !!!

Zoltan
06-04-15, 14:06
Wait a second, the Nightmare (120 / 120) is still easy soloable?

Dasore
06-04-15, 14:51
As long as 0/2 characters run to regant to level there is something wrong ;)

Kalonji Faya
06-04-15, 15:05

O my god no !! It's far from being easy !!!

My tank do it sometimes for the CAR mission, and as I don't find any groups in the morning when I play, I have to do it solo, but I have to run, run, run all the time around the Geno, and I use resist drugs a lot to do it !! I use a lot of stams and drugs so my capped tank can do it... so yes I can do it solo but it takes hours and I die very often.... resist drugs FTW !!! (I'm BD FSM so I have some drugs help!!)

But it's not because I do it solo that everybody does it !! I often see groups there with PPU so Regant's boss room is still a hard thing to achieve !!

Kalonji Faya

Kalonji Faya
06-04-15, 15:06
As long as 0/2 characters run to regant to level there is something wrong ;)

I never see 0/2 chars at regant... and I'm there often as I'm trying to Woc my tank ...
I sometimes see some **/40 or **/45 groups... but no so low level chars !!

Kalonji Faya

Dropout
06-04-15, 16:49
So glad that I got all my leveling done while you could solo the bossroom in 2-3mins on APU.. :p

Dasore
06-04-15, 17:04
Tl 27 barrel apu down there... ;)

Terror_Nonne
06-04-15, 21:25
Maybe i´m wrong, but i think Nightmare vs Elvis... (full cave) Elvis wins. The snakes wasnt in the old days so easy like Regant at all. Maybe this is still so. And yes, the damage of the cave... nice joke. I´m currently there for xp. Its nice, but takes a while to become something down. Need to check elvis-cave again... But i think elvis wins at all... Style, XP(?), speed, danger... Its smaller and genrep isnt so long away. In Regant we have a long way down... When i´m right, i repeat myself.

Zoltan
06-04-15, 23:27
Okay, I had pimped the Genotoxic Nightmare in 2014 - same as all 120+ Bosses

Chuck Norris
07-04-15, 02:31
ok nm its working now; thinking i was going out of sync with server; seems to happen a lot now... playing from west coast USA

Terror_Nonne
07-04-15, 07:17
ok nm its working now; thinking i was going out of sync with server; seems to happen a lot now... playing from west coast USA
roundhouse-kick isnt working anymore? - damn, shit. :D

Kalonji Faya
07-04-15, 09:18

Yeah, same here mate, I have sync problems everyday in regant boss room...

Happy to see it's working again !! Next time, try to check files intergrity too ;)

Kalonji Faya