PDA

View Full Version : Any body still alive of the NST?

Massaker
13-03-15, 20:45
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering why nobody of the NST write whats going on? Since the first part of the balancing project got deployed Bragi opened a few threads like "your input in drugs, holo PA and implants.
But since some weeks there is no information what are the next deployments to test. The mission "NCP has an eye on you" is still broken and I can't start the mission.
So whats going on? Are you busy in real life or is anybody in winter holidays? Please take care and don't break anything on the piste while skiing or snowboarding ;)

LeoPump
13-03-15, 21:33
Hm.. Good Question ;/

Kalonji Faya
14-03-15, 10:28
Hi Massaker !

Sorry to ask, but I just came back 2 weeks ago... so I'd like to know what is the quest "NCPD has an eye on you" ?!
What NPC starts it ?!
Thanks in advance !
And FYI, I wrote a ticket IG and had a reply from one of the member of NST in less then 24 hours... Maybe they focus on IG runner help ?

Kalonji Faya

Dasore
14-03-15, 11:26
its the first of a bunch of missions that is new ingame, it starts at viarosso 3 in front of the ncpd hq.

Good that you started that question... NST WHERE ARE YOU???

Kalonji Faya
14-03-15, 12:19
oh ok, it's the one given by a pretty Mrs Jones ?!

Thank you buddy !

Kalonji Faya

Dasore
14-03-15, 18:24
yeah mrs jones is the lady to talk to ;)

Trivaldi
15-03-15, 15:20
Ive been MIA for a while due to personal issues, sorry to take a while to answer things here on the forum. We're also having to deal with some internal things at the moment. We will deliver an update on the situation with regards to Neocron, the team and the game's operation by the end of the coming week.

LeoPump
15-03-15, 16:55
I have a bad feeling about this..

Thanks for updating us, Triv.

Dasore
16-03-15, 13:27
yeah that doesnt sound too good....

Kalonji Faya
16-03-15, 16:24
Let's see what will happen, before starting to think about something bad guys !

Kalonji Faya the optimistic !

LeoPump
16-03-15, 17:52
Ya, hopefully nothing bad. It's just a feeling.. ;/

Hackebeil
16-03-15, 21:13
Game Over !!

Ivan Eres
18-03-15, 13:53
Insert coin to continue.

Hell-demon
18-03-15, 14:10
Ive been MIA for a while due to personal issues, sorry to take a while to answer things here on the forum. We're also having to deal with some internal things at the moment. We will deliver an update on the situation with regards to Neocron, the team and the game's operation by the end of the coming week.

Er....O_o

Ominous. Ok folks dip into your wallets, I'm sure if we all pitch in we can buy the Neocron IP.

Lets see...I got a £2.00. What everyone else got?

Drachenpaladin
18-03-15, 15:23
Ominous. Ok folks dip into your wallets, I'm sure if we all pitch in we can buy the Neocron IP.

Lets see...I got a £2.00. What everyone else got?

My lunch money :(

Hell-demon
18-03-15, 17:07
My lunch money :(

Well you have to choose between eating or cyberpunk aesthetics.

aKe`cj
18-03-15, 17:13
I'm sure if we all pitch in we can buy the Neocron IP.

I'm not saying it would be impossible to raise the funds to match what the IP and assets are worth.
I just don't think they are available for sale. Surely not for any reasonable figure. Guess if you have milked millions out of something in the past and also invested a large sum in developing the assets, it is hard to come to terms with the idea that, like most things, this stuff doesn't hold its value too well with age.

Hell-demon
18-03-15, 19:32
I'm not saying it would be impossible to raise the funds to match what the IP and assets are worth.
I just don't think they are available for sale. Surely not for any reasonable figure. Guess if you have milked millions out of something in the past and also invested a large sum in developing the assets, it is hard to come to terms with the idea that, like most things, this stuff doesn't hold its value too well with age.

True.

Still, best we don't do the sky is falling routine. We don't know what's going on at the mo. Could be a problem buying a bulk load of hamsters to run the server.

Whatever the case we should play neocron as much as possible and get friends to play as well.

Tino
18-03-15, 20:52
HaHaHaHaHa...THe EnD iS NEar! Repent for your sins! Have you found Jesus? <3

Dasore
19-03-15, 08:58
sounds like ;(, none of the gms anymore on irc, too.... get ya shit sorted guys and find another game.....

Jodo
19-03-15, 09:40
It could always be the announcement of NC3 and we're just waiting for them to get their ducks in a row before they can announce it.

Maybe?

It doesn't hurt to be optimistic.

Dasore
19-03-15, 13:23
Nc3? before that happens i ll put ur lightsabber there where the sun doesnt shine... ever ;)

Hell-demon
21-03-15, 17:13
Any word yet on the situation? I'm all for teasing but now I'm getting blue balls.

aKe`cj
21-03-15, 18:49
https://jumpingpolarbear.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/comical-ali.jpg

keep calm … everything is splendid.

Vid Gamer
21-03-15, 19:08
Who wants to start up the Kickstarter?

Trivaldi
21-03-15, 20:41
Sorry guys to be a pain in the backside, I will have some actual information as soon as I can (i know, i know :(). There is no intention to purposefully shut down the servers so don't panic, Neocron Community Edition isn't going anywhere in the near future. We also have some cool news once we've aligned a few things that we know many people have wanted for a few years. We just need to shuffle a things around in the background to make sure we keep on trucking and the lights stay on. Pinning down those things is the cause of the disruption you've seen lately and a few dropped balls with support/comms.

Support is still be available in game and via email as I know BlackIvory is online most days along with Bifrost, Kronos and Baldur. Hopefully a few events will crop up for you in the next little while to mix things up a bit too. I'm not going to put another time frame on this, other than as soon as I can as I need to trap a few people and beat them up for info when I get the chance. ;)

Kalonji Faya
21-03-15, 21:05
Thanks for the news Triv !!

Can't wait to know more !! And for info, I saw Bifrost Ingame just 2 days ago, so NST seems to be still active :)
So like I told before, no need to fear something bad's going to happen!

Stay optimistic :D

Kalonji Faya

Hell-demon
22-03-15, 12:04
Sorry guys to be a pain in the backside, I will have some actual information as soon as I can (i know, i know :(). There is no intention to purposefully shut down the servers so don't panic, Neocron Community Edition isn't going anywhere in the near future. We also have some cool news once we've aligned a few things that we know many people have wanted for a few years. We just need to shuffle a things around in the background to make sure we keep on trucking and the lights stay on. Pinning down those things is the cause of the disruption you've seen lately and a few dropped balls with support/comms.

Support is still be available in game and via email as I know BlackIvory is online most days along with Bifrost, Kronos and Baldur. Hopefully a few events will crop up for you in the next little while to mix things up a bit too. I'm not going to put another time frame on this, other than as soon as I can as I need to trap a few people and beat them up for info when I get the chance. ;)

Double exp weekend did you say? That would be lovely.

Dropout
22-03-15, 12:09

So hell is not freezing over? Good news..
Should probably have said that it wasent horrible news, in your first post.. It did sound very negative.. ;)

Eventhough I dont play NC anymore (currently), I still only want the best for the game.
And it would SUCK if the game was gone, when I get the itch again..

William Antrim
25-03-15, 14:56
Best to go back to lurking then.

Vyse
27-03-15, 22:41
I would love to see Neocron revived and people talking about it again. I don't play the game anymore personally but do stop by here from time to time, mostly due to having this account almost 13 years now. Time sure does fly.

aKe`cj
03-04-15, 00:04
Sorry guys to be a pain in the backside, I will have some actual information as soon as I can (i know, i know :().

So? I wonder what's holding you back … a "state of the union" wrap up and maybe a word or two on where you see NC headed for ppl who have a soft spot for NC but watch from the sidelines would be very much appreciated :)

There is no intention to purposefully shut down the servers so don't panic

In the KK days any reassurance of the intend to purposefully shut down the servers ASAP (or at least soon™) would have helped me feel confident about their prolonged existence :p
Nowadays I am less worried about the upkeep of the servers, but more worried about the upkeep of the status quo. There is a lot of tunnel, it seems, and little light? Are you guys happy with the <100 pops in the long run?

I'm not going to put another time frame on this, other than as soon as I can as I need to trap a few people and beat them up for info when I get the chance. ;)

… bunneh up, grab that TL94 peacemaker and do what needs to be done :p

William Antrim
08-04-15, 19:51
Bump.

Netphreak
09-04-15, 10:10
Bump.

;)

Awfully quiet in these parts...

Xenios
09-04-15, 13:04
Hey there,

I can't comment on what's Trivaldi doing (I simply don't know, all I know is he's rather busy currently), but at least our easter event's showed that we're still alive. Didn't they? ;)

Trivaldi
09-04-15, 14:02
I would love to see Neocron revived and people talking about it again. I don't play the game anymore personally but do stop by here from time to time, mostly due to having this account almost 13 years now. Time sure does fly.
When did you last stop by in game? A fair bit has happened since 2012 in terms of general improvement. It may be worth for you to drop back in and take a tour!

So? I wonder what's holding you back … a "state of the union" wrap up and maybe a word or two on where you see NC headed for ppl who have a soft spot for NC but watch from the sidelines would be very much appreciated :)
We still need to nail down a few things surrounding general upkeep (again, no worries here, just needs to be done) and come together to get some of the more active development spun back up to where it was prior to Christmas. We have a few nice things more or less done but other development slowed around the turmoil you guys clearly noticed (hence the thread).

We need a few bums back on seats to plan the delivery of those properly, as he mentioned on his Twitter, Zoltan has been out of action and is resting up after a recent surgery. On the other hand Baldur and his event team are back in the swing of things, which I hope was noticed with several events over the Easter weekend and a good few things to change up the pace for folks out hunting in the wastelands.

Nowadays I am less worried about the upkeep of the servers, but more worried about the upkeep of the status quo. There is a lot of tunnel, it seems, and little light? Are you guys happy with the <100 pops in the long run?
I am personally very happy with how stable the populations have remained, especially over the quieter times from the team. Obviously we'd like populations to increase. Hopefully we can orchestrate some stuff and put some new batteries in the torch, to make the end of that tunnel brighter. We do this cause we love the game and don't want to see it go away, as long as it is here, we are happy but we could be happier, yes.

I can't comment on what's Trivaldi doing (I simply don't know, all I know is he's rather busy currently)
Yeah, sorry about that! I'm not dead yet. :)

William Antrim
13-04-15, 13:00
Details please. :D

Dasore
23-04-15, 12:11
Any updates?

MayhemMichael
23-04-15, 13:36
Any updates?

^^^^^

Hell-demon
23-04-15, 14:25