PDA

View Full Version : Autoupdater crashing

Jonas Blackthor
25-02-15, 02:53
soo i have been trying to get nc to update for the last couple of days its stuck on downloading patch 192 it freezes then just sits on nearly downloaded! can anyone help me with this?

Jonas Blackthor
25-02-15, 02:57
gets stuck on Not responding

Divide
25-02-15, 04:01
Manually download the patch from ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/ and slap the file into your patches folder and the updater will just apply it instead of downloading.

Jonas Blackthor
25-02-15, 04:12
you sir are a rockstar :)

AdorCinc
03-03-15, 13:44
Well thank you. Been looking for that too.

Bifrost
03-03-15, 13:55
A quick note from me on patch 192 since there have been a few issues.

The patch file should be 41.6 megs in size on your hard disk. I've had a few rare support cases where the launcher failed to download the whole patch.

Also patch 192 can take a while to patch and in a few cases it will make Windows think the patcher has crashed and has stopped responding. If you see this, please give it a few minutes before giving up and killing the process - it will get there eventually.

mnkjaegarn
22-03-15, 15:00
A quick note from me on patch 192 since there have been a few issues.

The patch file should be 41.6 megs in size on your hard disk. I've had a few rare support cases where the launcher failed to download the whole patch.

Also patch 192 can take a while to patch and in a few cases it will make Windows think the patcher has crashed and has stopped responding. If you see this, please give it a few minutes before giving up and killing the process - it will get there eventually.

I've had this problem now and I left my computer up & running for hours without it being completed. Also tried to download the patch manually, but yeah. Where do I find the patching folder?

Best regards
Mnkjaegarn

Drachenpaladin
22-03-15, 15:31
Also tried to download the patch manually, but yeah. Where do I find the patching folder?

Best regards
Mnkjaegarn

In your neocron install directory, its called "patches"...

Or do you mean the online directory?