PDA

View Full Version : (Maybe) Returning

AramatOwnedYou
15-02-15, 02:16
I used to play Aramat Vrendel amongst others, I was even a faction counsellor back in live (Mostly Saturn and Pluto, as I didn't speak German). It was an unpaid position for Diamond Real Estate.

So, my question is: Last time I played was .. wow, 2009, I thought it was much sooner, but how's the game now? I heard some people say that there was sometimes actually over a hundred people online? What percent of the server is online? How many people actually are on at peak and the quiet times on average?

Bruder Malmsdoo
15-02-15, 14:13
Atm the population is rising again. So its a good time to come back. At german peak you have 10-15% (100-150) population. There are opfights daily.

AramatOwnedYou
15-02-15, 17:54
Atm the population is rising again. So its a good time to come back. At german peak you have 10-15% (100-150) population. There are opfights daily.

It's sad that all my character I put countless hours into are gone, because a few people decided to cheat. It'll be hard to start completely over from scratch. Thanks for answering my question. I was in last night and did a few of the new starter quests, skipped mc5 (always hated that).

Drachenpaladin
15-02-15, 21:45
It's sad that all my character I put countless hours into are gone, because a few people decided to cheat. It'll be hard to start completely over from scratch. Thanks for answering my question. I was in last night and did a few of the new starter quests, skipped mc5 (always hated that).

Getting started isn't so hard actually, you know the game, there are traders around, you will get by.

AramatOwnedYou
16-02-15, 08:33
To be honest, I can't remember a -lot- of stuff, like where to get rares or how to make good money. I know the basics though.

Ivan Eres
16-02-15, 09:38
People will always help you if you ask them kindly.

Drachenpaladin
16-02-15, 10:37
Well, stuff hasn't changed too much since "back then" i guess. First address is still Giant Rats in P1 sewer around the corner of the Terminals. Next stop Aggressors in the cellar at the Neocronicle Office.

Rares you can farm from the fire mobs at the canyon.

AramatOwnedYou
16-02-15, 18:00
Well, stuff hasn't changed too much since "back then" i guess. First address is still Giant Rats in P1 sewer around the corner of the Terminals. Next stop Aggressors in the cellar at the Neocronicle Office.

Rares you can farm from the fire mobs at the canyon.

Fire mobs in the canyon also still the best way to PL?

Dribble Joy
16-02-15, 20:10
Fire mobs in the canyon also still the best way to PL?
PL? Player levelling?

Firemobs are OK but not the best. Good for unressed parts though.
For pure xp gain then regants legacy is still the best.

AramatOwnedYou
17-02-15, 03:14
PL? Player levelling?

Firemobs are OK but not the best. Good for unressed parts though.
For pure xp gain then regants legacy is still the best.

PL means power leveling. I remember that I used to have my PPU heal people over in the TG canyon caves to kill fire beasts.

yavimaya
17-02-15, 06:07
Ahh the good old poison caves.

these days regents is like them but with mobs that almost never hit, but hit hard when they do, also 10x the XP.
hell of a long run though, might want to get someone to buy you a hovertech.

Drachenpaladin
17-02-15, 17:20
Tho they nerfed Tank AoE for leveling it seems. -_-'

AramatOwnedYou
17-02-15, 17:52
Tho they nerfed Tank AoE for leveling it seems. -_-'

I never made a heavy combat or was it high tech combat tank? The tanks with the big guns. I did a melee tank. Those still viable?

Dribble Joy
17-02-15, 19:31
I never made a heavy combat or was it high tech combat tank? The tanks with the big guns. I did a melee tank. Those still viable?
Heavy = cannons. High tech is a general weapon type which normally means energy based.

Melee is OK up to a point (though you miss out on AoE, which is still better than single shot) but then the mobs just do too much damage to take if you aren't using cover/range.

AramatOwnedYou
17-02-15, 20:22
Heavy = cannons. High tech is a general weapon type which normally means energy based.

Melee is OK up to a point (though you miss out on AoE, which is still better than single shot) but then the mobs just do too much damage to take if you aren't using cover/range.

I remember melee being the big rage for tanks back in the day, but that was -long- ago. I could try a heavy tank, I gotta say though. I was surprised when I logged in the other day and saw a melee PE. I didn't think they had enough strength to make a viable melee class.

Dribble Joy
18-02-15, 01:16
Melee PEs are very rare, mainly because the amount of +Str they can gain to use PvP viable weapons is quite limited.

AramatOwnedYou
18-02-15, 02:35
See, that's what I thought. It's why I was so surprised to see one with a Katana sword strapped to his back.

Which is better atm for leveling and pvp? Droner, rifle, or pistol spy?

Odimara Orca
18-02-15, 12:24
See, that's what I thought. It's why I was so surprised to see one with a Katana sword strapped to his back.

Which is better atm for leveling and pvp? Droner, rifle, or pistol spy?

Even though I hate drones sooo much:

Droner because AE.

Fasterbot
18-02-15, 15:27
All my tradeskillers got a Katana on their back ^^.

The weapon you put on your first quickbelt slot, even you can't use it, is showed on your back (when it's huge enough to be on your back).

Drachenpaladin
18-02-15, 15:47
All my tradeskillers got a Katana on their back ^^.

The weapon you put on your first quickbelt slot, even you can't use it, is showed on your back (when it's huge enough to be on your back).

Except for drones iirc. They always stay in... your pockets i suppose.

AramatOwnedYou
18-02-15, 19:34
Except for drones iirc. They always stay in... your pockets i suppose.

Wouldn't drone be hard to pvp? I mean, you'd have to plan out pvp happening, if you were caught before hiding your body, you'd be in deep.

Dribble Joy
18-02-15, 22:02
Wouldn't drone be hard to pvp? I mean, you'd have to plan out pvp happening, if you were caught before hiding your body, you'd be in deep.
Correct. They are generally limited to raids (like on players levelling at MB) and OP fights (especially where you can hide nearby, like the canyons).

Drachenpaladin
19-02-15, 00:41
Correct. They are generally limited to raids (like on players levelling at MB) and OP fights (especially where you can hide nearby, like the canyons).

Lets not forget the backstabby, honorless bastards that use Revenge/Kami drones :p

AramatOwnedYou
19-02-15, 08:23
Drones could be fun, I remember enjoying them somewhat back in the day, but I think rifle/stealth could be more viable for pvp. Is that silly?

Dasore
19-02-15, 10:15
every weapontype is fun, just even playable atm. Just choose what you prefer ;)

AramatOwnedYou
20-02-15, 18:39
Is it true that you can hack apartment doors and apartment cupboards? I didn't do this back in the day on Saturn, even though I had a PE hacker. I heard also though, that some people got banned for stealing too much, which seems silly to me. You put in a feature to steal, so you ban someone for using that feature.

Breakaway
20-02-15, 18:47
I think that melee pe would have been me. They are pretty shit for op fights. But with a damage boost and paw of tiger I can usually outfight most tanks /pes. But spys and apus usually rape me due to the high damage they hit with. Still fun tho :)