PDA

View Full Version : New Quests? Anyone completed them?

Hell-demon
04-02-15, 18:45
So today I popped into NC and I see a Mrs Jones in Via Rosso. It suddenly dawned on me that she was a character I wrote in for the story mission competition. I travelled around NC and found other NPCs I wrote.

I go to check the patch notes and there is a new quest and even a new one in the canyon area.

Sadly all my characters are too high level to do them. Bit of a bugger I can't do my own mission. Still has anyone tried these new missions?

Do they give good loot?

Baldur
04-02-15, 19:20
Your mission was implemented with our latest content patch.
Mrs.Jones should give you the mission since it is a 35+ mission.

As for the reward : iSpy ;)

from the patchnotes: http://www.neocron-game.com/patch-notes/patch-r192

The first mission from our mission writing contest, "NPCD has an eye on you", has been implemented. Agent Jones is waiting for you in front of NCPD Headquarters in Viarosso Sector 3.

Since Neocron's maximum limit for missions (runs with more than 1 mission) had been reached by Reakktor, we had to implement a new system to handle mission implementation. This is the first mission which uses the new system.

New low/mid-level mission "Canyon Secret Service" has been introduced.

This missions starts in the Canyon Facility and has (new) Twilight Guardian Runners travel to Neocron City.

Tech Haven Corporate Contacts missions (missions to gain faction sympathy) have had the number of kill targets reduced. Each mission now also rewards more Faction Sympathy.
New missions have been added to the Outzone Jailhouse allowing Runners with negative Soul Light to gain Soul Light. More info on these missions is below.

Drachenpaladin
04-02-15, 19:47

"But now something is about to happen that has not happened for an age: a new item gets added to the THN item DB."

Hell-demon
04-02-15, 19:48
Your mission was implemented with our latest content patch.
Mrs.Jones should give you the mission since it is a 35+ mission.

from the patchnotes: http://www.neocron-game.com/patch-notes/patch-r192

Apparently not. I tried a fresh character and was told I was low level - fair enough. However, on my capped tank I was told I had done a good job and couldn't do the mission. Possible bug?

Baldur
04-02-15, 19:54
Apparently not. I tried a fresh character and was told I was low level - fair enough. However, on my capped tank I was told I had done a good job and couldn't do the mission. Possible bug?

I've tested this 30 seconds ago and was able to start the mission with my GM-character and also with a capped spy.

Please try again and report back.

Thank you !

Hell-demon
04-02-15, 19:59

I get this message. Ive done all the epics. Have woc status and I'm a member of Biotech. Does faction come into play?

Hell-demon
04-02-15, 21:28
So I tried again with a level 54 character and switched over to city admin. Again, couldn't do it. Has anyone done the quest?

Dasore
05-02-15, 01:41
have done it several times on the testserver but not on titan so far

Dasore
05-02-15, 01:42
just tryed with my woced rifle spy, also doesnt work... now its getting strange ;)

Drachenpaladin
05-02-15, 03:20
No luck here either, i spoke to Mrs. Jones below the lvl req. and then again with a CR of 39 where she gives me the same response as OP.

Hell-demon
05-02-15, 03:23
No luck here either, i spoke to Mrs. Jones below the lvl req. and then again with a CR of 39 where she gives me the same response as OP.

How bizzarre. Other quests working ok?

Hell-demon
09-02-15, 18:44
Apparently from speaking to other players, no one is able to do this quest. It is severely bugged. Any official word on this?

chrissi
10-02-15, 13:12
well, i did it with my 30something spy some time in december (i believe). have been CA from the beginning. no problems encountered.

Bifrost
10-02-15, 15:47
You need to be base rank 35 to do the mission. However there does seem to be a bug where the mission thinks you have already done the mission. This is why no-one can do the mission.

I'm afraid there is no ETA for a fix at this time. :(

Edit: On a side note, the quest is a great laugh when it works. Good work Hell-demon. :)

Hell-demon
10-02-15, 22:25
Ah well. Can you post the stats of the iSpy?:D

Hell-demon
10-02-15, 23:18
Yes but can Subway Surfers fix this quest?

Fasterbot
21-02-15, 21:44
Don't know if the quest was fixed or if I'm the only one who can do it but just finished that funky missions bundle and got my iSpy ! ^^.

Just decide to see what it is, passing by Mrs. Jones and with a rank around 20/60, no problem.

The iSpy is : +14 HCK, +11 T-C, +3 WEP and -20 BRT. Would have prefer the inverse in bonus for my barter ;).

Kalonji Faya
02-03-15, 16:11
has the iSpy been addes to THN.org ?! is it a brain implant ?! what is it really indeed ?! can every class use it ?!

I read somewhere that iSpy would be added to THN..org database, but can't find it in the item database ..

Someone has more info to give please ?!

Else I'll have to lvl up my tank to make the quest, but if it's spy only stuff, there's no need doing it for my tank :/

Kalonji

Brammers
02-03-15, 16:27
has the iSpy been addes to THN.org ?! is it a brain implant ?! what is it really indeed ?! can every class use it ?!

I read somewhere that iSpy would be added to THN..org database, but can't find it in the item database ..

Well wherever you read it, it wasn't stated by us - throw a link at me if someone did state that...

As for putting it on the THN - The information two posts up is good so far, but missing a lot of information like what sort of implant it is, the requirements to use. Also to add it to the Item DB we need the TL, description and the weight. Or the easy way - just post a screenshot up. :D

Kalonji Faya
02-03-15, 17:44
Hi Brammes !!

Indeed IIRC, I saw it on Necron official website !! I'll look for the linkand put it here as soon as I find it !!
BTW I'd like to say to you a big Thank You for all you've done for NC community and for Techhaven.org, it's THE NC Bible !!

I'd post you the link mate !

Cya ingame I hope !!

Kalonji

Fasterbot
03-03-15, 12:28
Yeah sorry, I was short on details ^^.

'WEE CRAB ARMY!!'

ps : Brammers, I would be so happy to help you keeping TH.org up to date (at least on item/quest/whatsover) if you want so.
I got the time and motivation by now, and for at least a long long year before... something else... perhaps ^^.

Brammers
03-03-15, 13:06

'WEE CRAB ARMY!!'

Ok item added - http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/2477.html Looks like Add Item still works after all these years. :)

ps : Brammers, I would be so happy to help you keeping TH.org up to date (at least on item/quest/whatsover) if you want so.
I got the time and motivation by now, and for at least a long long year before... something else... perhaps ^^.

Thanks - please do. All quests/guides are on the wiki - which anyone can edit - http://wiki.techhaven.org/ so edit away! You will need to create a login if you don't have a login as the main THN user DB isn't (Yet) linked to the Wiki user DB.

If you find a guide on the http://www.techhaven.org/ part of the THN - please copy it to the wiki and update it, and I'll add a forward link from the old page to the new updated wiki page.

The Item DB is a bit more restricted in terms of access - I've planned to have a new system for submitted and editing items for the Item DB V2, unfortunately it's taken a backseat due to reallife and other projects.

Hell-demon
04-03-15, 00:27

'WEE CRAB ARMY!!'

Oh cool they kept the description I made :p

Suppose to get this and a glove but they just gave the eye. Originally you would get the iSpy and the Quick Draw glove. Was a combat glove that gave transport bonus and weapon lore but minus to vehicle use and construction if I recall correctly. Reasoning for this was lore wise the glove made users suffer hand spasms, so intricate use of your hands wasn't possible.

Kalonji Faya
04-03-15, 23:32
Tryed to take the mission today but had the same message fasterbot had :/

isn't it the fact that I already did Mr Jones Profession quest ?! Is there a link between both Jones ?!
I'm lvl 37 tank so I should do the mission, but Mrs Jones sssays "you again ?! ..."

Am sad,

Kalonji

Hell-demon
05-03-15, 11:14
Tryed to take the mission today but had the same message fasterbot had :/

isn't it the fact that I already did Mr Jones Profession quest ?! Is there a link between both Jones ?!
I'm lvl 37 tank so I should do the mission, but Mrs Jones sssays "you again ?! ..."

Am sad,

Kalonji

Common problem. My capped tank can't do it. Faction has no correlation either. Bug? Feature™?

Mrs Jones has no links to Mr Jones other than name. I requested that particular model be used in-game because as far as I know it was on the data base but not used anywhere in-game.

Purely aesthetic, and I've always thought the model looked cool.

acab
19-03-15, 17:23
Still not able to do the quest.
Would be great if got a more recent update about it.

Kalonji Faya
19-03-15, 18:25
Still not able to do the quest.
Would be great if got a more recent update about it.

Same here :(

Kalonji Faya