PDA

View Full Version : Melee?

Forget My Name
29-01-15, 20:03
Haven't played in over 2 years.

Is Melee worth it now, or still under works? Specifically, around TL 80ish there was a huge gap between weapons AND monsters to fight for decent EXP. For me, the game ended around TL 80ish. Weapons sucked versus my targets, my survivability was zero against higher ranked monsters, and the game was basically unplayable once I hit that ceiling. Was this fixed?

Drachenpaladin
29-01-15, 20:07
Afaik the situation has been improved, how far in the likes of engame PVP readyness i can't say tho.

Jack Slater
30-01-15, 10:04
For PVP I think the DMG is a bit too low at them moment but I had fun playing my melee (http://www.twitch.tv/besinnlichkeit/c/5886671) lately in OP-Fights.
I didn't level as melee for years though so i have no clue about PVE.

\\Fényx//
02-02-15, 01:47
Seriously, I wish they would put it back to how it was in NC 1... infact, put the game back to how it was in NC1, implants, the lot...

Riddle
02-02-15, 20:30
Play melee, but for the love of god don't level as melee, you will die of Bordom.

no idea if it's viable, but it's got up be an option since net code fixes?

\\Fényx//
04-02-15, 20:49
Honestly I always thought it was viable anyway even when everyone cried how useless it was, and i wasnt that bad on my melee tank was I... also since then it was boosted anyway ... so presumably its still viable now.

It just sorely lacked any form of AOE for levelling, so gets left behind when compared to a HC tank's STR levelling capabilities, but youll be capping CON faster so its all swings and roundabouts

Forget My Name
15-03-15, 23:02
So I'll take this as a No, Melee is not worth playing in PvE at all.

Thanks. I'll wait another two years.

Vid Gamer
18-03-15, 02:53
I still remember when they added the poison dot to the PoB.. LOL!

LoM'd melee and just rekt people in a super fast non-PA Tank. :D