PDA

View Full Version : Server Wipes?

mystery8
27-01-15, 06:02
I don't play very often anymore, but it seems like every time I login my characters are gone. I haven't gotten very far on any of them, but it kinda kills my interest to play. Having to start anew when I come back every few months. Have they been wiping the servers a lot lately or just non-active players? Thanks.

Can't wait to get running around the wastelands.

yavimaya
27-01-15, 08:33
That sucks man, i dont think they would ever wipe inactive chars, etc.

I cant imagine you made a mistake, but perhaps the pictures are just gone and chars are still there?

Dasore
27-01-15, 09:08
never heard of that inactive accounts got wiped, probably write a mail to the support and ask them

Jodo
27-01-15, 10:44
How long ago did you last log in? Everyone moved to a new server some time ago now. Have you played since then?

mystery8
27-01-15, 10:53
How long ago did you last log in? Everyone moved to a new server some time ago now. Have you played since then?

October 2014 was the last I played. (console.log is really handy). Before that August 2014 and May 2014. Maybe that's what happened.

Zoltan
27-01-15, 11:20
This needs further investigation but apart from that we don't wipe the server if its not neccesary. Inactive chars will remain, there is not plan or a implementation to remove them after a period.

juugox2
28-01-15, 14:21
could be a bug today i loged in and all my gear was missing then i reloged few times it came back was werid lol

mystery8
31-01-15, 11:24
So far my character hasn't reappeared. Maybe he was on another server that got taken down? Ah well. I spent like an hour running around killing stuff in the sewers tonight. Good times. Just running around the city gets the nostalgic feelings going. Don't see too many people, but I do play pretty late.

Jack Slater
31-01-15, 13:17
Maybe you were unlucky and played shortly before a rollback!? Does your new character get wiped too?

Don't see too many people, but I do play pretty late.
For serverpopulation there is a nice graph (CET) (http://stats.techhaven.org/de/server/titan) on techhaven.org.

Dropout
31-01-15, 16:37
So far my character hasn't reappeared. Maybe he was on another server that got taken down? Ah well. I spent like an hour running around killing stuff in the sewers tonight. Good times. Just running around the city gets the nostalgic feelings going. Don't see too many people, but I do play pretty late.

Thats possible. Depending on when you last played. Terra still "exist" its just not available anymore.. So it is very possible that your old characters are on that server.

Everyone had a fresh start on Titan.
Cant remember when Terra was made unavailable though.. But Im sure someone else can.

yavimaya
01-02-15, 03:45
titan has been up for well over a year, going on 2 years???