PDA

View Full Version : Your input on: Holo PA

Bragi
22-12-14, 00:37
As part of the implant and PA rework, the subject of Holo PAs needs to be addressed. What do you think they should do?

Again, have some options.

Alternate model version of regular PA.

Holo PA does what normal PA does, but with a different model (doesn't have to be current ones).

Holo PA gives an alternative to PA.

Similar to what it does now, though not necessarily the same bonuses.

Does something else.

Not a PvP item? Not Spy only? Anything else you can think of?

Dropout
22-12-14, 03:03
It depends a lot on what you're going to do with the underwear, balance-wise.

But Im most for
•Holo PA gives an alternative to PA.

Similar to what it does now, though not necessarily the same bonuses.

As long as its balanced ( :p ).. There must be some reason to use a normal PA instead of the holoPA, just like Regants PA.
Currently the normal PA is just horrible compared to Regants PA (little extra weaponskill, TC and resists) and HoloPA (nice resists).
The amount of extra weaponskill that the normal PA gives is just not worth it compared to the two other options.

I do like being a bearded woman though... :p

Drachenpaladin
22-12-14, 05:58
Well... fixing them so they don't bug out would be a nice start. Not sure if anything the likes has happened yet. They used to display buggy char models with wrong haircuts etc., not very deceptive.

That being said, Battle Drom PA. Make it happen!

Not sure if they should give any noteworthy stats at all, their purpose is deception and confusion so... that should be the focus here.

Torg
22-12-14, 13:45
i wouldnt miss Holo-PAs at all. the idea of masquerading as another class is, well, not the best idea ever. i'd rather see more variety in "real" PAs.

Drachenpaladin
22-12-14, 15:36
i wouldnt miss Holo-PAs at all. the idea of masquerading as another class is, well, not the best idea ever. i'd rather see more variety in "real" PAs.

Yeah, the tactical advantage is not really that big, the whole thing feels rather gimmicky.

Divide
24-12-14, 17:56
The 'holo' part of the holovests leave a bit to be desired. There are 8 variants of the exact same item and all they do is make you look a little different.

I think the holovests should be rebranded to CyberSuits or something and be available to PE's and Spies based upon level and not class. You'd have to put both a dex and int requirement on there to meet that goal.

Two or Three tiers of the CyberSuits should be there for players building different setups with different needs.

eg:

Tank CyberSuit 1
Int/Dex Req 40
-5 Dex, -5 Int, -5 Psi
+8 Str, +3 Con
Ath +8
Hlt +8
RC/PC -5

I dunno something like that. Brings a lot more dynamism into Spy and PE setups, which is a bit unfair to Monks since they don't have any real flexibility as Tanks do to run alt setups. That probably leaves room for a hybrid PA or something though

Morpheus
26-12-14, 01:19
Wee Crab PA

Torg
26-12-14, 21:09
on second thought:

let's drop that camo PA theme (like it's hot) already and bring in the long missed trader lab coats. char heads still stickin out, white is for INT skills like CST, RES, IMO, blue is for DEX skills like REP, REC. also a great replacement for the generally misused trader gloves.

´Clayton
29-12-14, 12:38
The holo PA is the only source of decent energy resists for a spy!

I think you might want to split the holo PAs properties and make 2 PAs instead.
You should bring back the ARS or a new set of PA with energy resists (or bring back shelter) and a set of PA for the shapeshifting properties. The shapeshifting PA could be for traders and give certain bonuses.

r3yka
16-01-15, 21:28
colour variations for PA's would be oh so nice. I'd say make it a droppable 'ink' from mobs that you need a certain number of to achieve certain colours. 10 for yellow 20 for green .... so on and so forth, could even play around with the camos.. obviously like over 9000 for pink. as for stats and stuff, my brain is not compatible with numbers and such, I shall leave that to the pros.

Continuing from my other post though regarding implants, as you can see I would like to see more things to do to achieve customization via grind/effort/team oriented tasks. pretty much everyone I know has achieved late game completion on atleast one of their chars, its even at the point within our circle that one can log on and ask for any weapon or implant in game and someone will be able to easily pull out their 3rd of 4th spare [item] and hand it over with ease [clearly talking about Iron Man/I See Blue here :lol:]. I want to see some real rare things :)

In my ideal world, everyone shall look at me with awe in p1 after I have grinded for 19 straight days and got sacked from work to get my gold PE PA ;)

I See Blue
17-01-15, 03:30
Pretty much everyone I know has achieved late game completion on atleast one of their chars, its even at the point within our circle that one can log on and ask for any weapon or implant in game and someone will be able to easily pull out their 3rd of 4th spare [item] and hand it over with ease [clearly talking about Iron Man/I See Blue here :lol:].

Are you saying I only have 3 or 4 spares of items? I feel insulted. But ye, I´d appreciate rareness, variety and customization. One thing this game misses is colour, there´s is so many dull shades, so anything that brings some life to the eyes would be good. Neocron 1 had it in loads, eyewrenching pink being a classic. So give us something to go flashy with, would be much appreciated.

Tino
18-01-15, 17:11
Are we really going to screw tons of runners who have their spies setup in holo pas? If your going to change holo pa then you need to change all power armors. That way everyone has to change their setup and not just the people that use holo pa.

Bragi
18-01-15, 17:13
If your going to change holo pa then you need to change all power armors. That way everyone has to change their setup and not just the people that use holo pa.

Correct.

BlueRobot
19-01-15, 00:38
-Holo PA gives an alternative to PA.

It should be something that gives you bonuses for pp zonewhoring but gimps you for real fights. In addition there should only be one version, which changes you into hooker or one of the crackhead spy models.

Gridcore
19-01-15, 12:13
The holo PA at this point is in my opinion complete useless. Why not change the Holo PA to (I really like that Scientist Coat Idea from Torg) and make the Holo PA to a Tradeskiller Powerarmor. You can make different Types for Conster, Resser, Imper, Hacker etc. Oh and don't forget one for Repair ;)

Tino
19-01-15, 19:14
The holo PA at this point is in my opinion complete useless.

If you think the holo pa is completely useless then you need to come fight my spies =)

BlueRobot
19-01-15, 23:44
He will do that. But first the devs need to make your useless spy a tradeskiller.

Kalonji Faya
01-03-15, 11:47
I love the way Holo PA are, why do you want to change everything that are nice like they are...

My opinion : leave Holo PA like they Are, but make NEW PA ! like I saw on topic : why not make an Hybrid PA, a Spy PA that gives more CON or a PE PA that gives more PSI abilities so we can see more exotic setups like a PE mini PPU...

I think items are good like they are now, just lack of diversity !!

Please don't change everything, but add NEW content, new imps, new PA, new Weps, with that we'll see more setups !

Thanks for reading !

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
01-03-15, 11:49
If you think the holo pa is completely useless then you need to come fight my spies =)

I agree, my Rifle Spy Kalona on pre-Titan Server was awesome with here Holo PA, hard to hit, because she was soo fast !!

Don't remove Holo PA, don't change it please !!

Kalonji