PDA

View Full Version : So Necrack is still a thing?

Trillian
19-12-14, 00:35
So I haven't logged in since 2008 or so. I know this is a *very* broad question, but what all has changed? Is it still the same game at all? If I logged in would all my shit still be there?

Tino
19-12-14, 00:38
http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?155946-Reviving-Titan

That is a link to a forum page you should read if you want to know the state of Neocron at the moment. As far as your old shit...if you have not played on Titan then you have nothing...all your old characters from Terra are gone and can not be transferred to Titan =)

Torg
19-12-14, 01:24
(yes)
quite a lot / yes, just better / it's all in the fridge.

log on, make a new char. have fun.

Trivaldi
19-12-14, 01:45
Good to see you Trill, yes Neocrack is very much a thing. I'm still getting up to speed after a three month hiatus after which more information will be provided in the link supplied by Tino.

In the mean time it's certainly worth checking out the significant changes introduced in patches since the NST took over (http://www.neocron-game.com/patch-notes). I'd also recommend checking out abundance of changes coming in the next patch, currently available to test on our public test server, Vedeena (http://forum.neocron-game.com/forumdisplay.php?232-Vedeena-Announcements-amp-Discussion).

It may also be worth checking out the Support FAQ (http://www.neocron-game.com/support-faq) regarding any questions you may have about your old accounts/characters.

Roc-a-fella
19-12-14, 03:00
Some people are still here, i really just log in here an there to level some noobs for fun the "old fashioned way" or help newbs... also been streaming my gameplay on twitch.tv everytime i play lol hoping i can singlehandedly revive some population

necrocon
19-12-14, 06:04
Why not link your stream Roc....

Riddle
19-12-14, 09:51
Welcome back trill :) you never truly wheen of the neocrack! Draws us all back in from time to time. Game has improved, genuinely, but sadly player pops have not.

p.s. For the rest of you ba hum bugs, where's those bloody Santa hats!!!???!!!!!!11111one. :D

Roc-a-fella
19-12-14, 20:43
Why not link your stream Roc....

Haven't been playing a whole lots and when i DO play the stream goes down and up because when i crash, since the login screen is INGAME, i shut off the stream until i log back in because i don't want people trying to figure out my login info.

www.twitch.tv/itsprincebaby

Called it "You Will Always Die Alone" since Always used to be 'Never' but figured it was appropriate since servers are sort of dead lol

Kronos
19-12-14, 22:42
Wow! Trill! That really is a blast from the past!

See if you can work it out... International Drinking Games via MSN......

Glad to see you back on here! :D

Trillian
22-12-14, 22:06
HA! The International Drinking Games! Those were the best. Were you playing the night I fell out of my chair? My headset caught on the spaghetti strap of my shirt and.. well it doesn't count because I didn't flash y'all on purpose. I've got you narrowed down to a couple of people. The others I either knew their GM names, 'cause I'm cool like that, or they no longer play. Did we see each other when I went over to England in 2009?

Yea, and I'm totally not back. I've got some free time until the new roller derby season starts so I was thinking of maybe logging in just for old times sake. But honestly, it's totally not worth the effort to dig out my gaming computer (assuming it even still works) and patching just so I can go kill rats in the sewers for a couple of days. I had too much crap/money in game to want to start over again.

Drachenpaladin
22-12-14, 22:31
Yea, and I'm totally not back. I've got some free time until the new roller derby season starts so I was thinking of maybe logging in just for old times sake. But honestly, it's totally not worth the effort to dig out my gaming computer (assuming it even still works) and patching just so I can go kill rats in the sewers for a couple of days. I had too much crap/money in game to want to start over again.

Booooooooooo! Not! Cool!

Ah well, maybe better that way, someone might steal your walker or something...

Trillian
22-12-14, 22:52

Ha! Walker my ass. I could totally take you little boy. Or at least I could have back before they nerfed the lib and took away the ability for my PE to use stealth/ROLH. Damn, those were the days. But you do have a point. I'm about as "old school" as a person can get. TBH I never got over the loss of Pluto..

I'm not sure which is worse, the lost of my PE or the loss of my tradeskiller. I kinda feel like someone died.

Drachenpaladin
23-12-14, 02:58
Ha! Walker my ass. I could totally take you little boy. Or at least I could have back before they nerfed the lib and took away the ability for my PE to use stealth/ROLH. Damn, those were the days. But you do have a point. I'm about as "old school" as a person can get. TBH I never got over the loss of Pluto..

I'm not sure which is worse, the lost of my PE or the loss of my tradeskiller. I kinda feel like someone died.

Eh, still no reason not to drop in and just kick around for the sake of it. Stuff happened since you logged in the last time, i'm sure :p

Trivaldi
23-12-14, 03:11
You get more XP for killing stuff (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?155971-Merry-Christmas-amp-Happy-New-Year-2015!) at the moment, that's a lot less rats to kill! I'm sure there are plenty of folk around who would help you get on your feet too! :)

Mr Kot
23-12-14, 13:35
back before they nerfed the lib and took away the ability for my PE to use stealth/ROLH. Damn, those were the days. But you do have a point. I'm about as "old school" as a person can get. TBH I never got over the loss of Pluto..

I'm not sure which is worse, the lost of my PE or the loss of my tradeskiller. I kinda feel like someone died.PE's still have stealth.. it's just a lot shitter than it used to be. I remade my PE on Titan and he's rifle now, although I may get back into pistols on a future spy. I'll level with you if you want!

Oh, and don't bother with rats in sewers.. REAL old-schoolers have the balls to take on aggies as a 0/2 with a little help. My ppu occasionally patrols aggy cellars helping out low levels he finds there...

When you're level 15 or so, one of my chars has an aircraft that can fly you to MB in under ten minutes so you can start joining a team at the bunker like the good old days. There's a permanent citycom and gogo at the MB entrance now, so with triple XP as well, you'll be capped by Christmas :)

Add an extra adrenaline rush by taking out your LE at MB. I will if you will ;)

/edit: I've just checked, and your original name is still available on Titan. If you're quick, you can reserve it before some nutter from Blackpool does. Tick-tock, tick-tock....

‡ Stormlord ‡
23-12-14, 14:29

Dont you remember the NC Slogan "You will never die alone?" ^^

Not only you, just make a new char on Titan and start playing. I had to force myself to take neocrack again. I had several capped characters on Uranus (nc1 data is shutdown forever), left the game, several characters on Terra (Terra is down too), left the game but came back now and got a capped Monk after 5-6 weeks, plus almost capped spy.
Your advantage would be triple xp till december the 26th and then double xp is being enabled till january the 5th and people are coming back since the patch is live and holidays and shit what now.

It is definitely worth it. Have fun.

SilentEye
23-12-14, 14:44
Trillian... this name rings a bell!

Brammers
24-12-14, 01:09
HA! The International Drinking Games! Those were the best. Were you playing the night I fell out of my chair? My headset caught on the spaghetti strap of my shirt and.. well it doesn't count because I didn't flash y'all on purpose...

I should wave in here and say "Hello!" :)

Ahh the International Drinking Games! Memories and the hangovers the next day. For some reason I seem to remember your NC Thong getting involved in the games... or was that when you came over to England? :D

Dribble Joy
24-12-14, 01:29
I fucked a dog in the arse....

Brammers
24-12-14, 01:56

Oi you! You want to walk back home from the New Years party?! :p

Trillian
29-12-14, 23:46

HAH! I'd forgotten about that.

Bram, about that thong. Pretty sure it was both! Most of the drinking games are pretty blurry but this just goes to show how good they were. And didn't you wear that thong on your head while trying to do drunken cartwheels in the streets of Blackpool? ;)

Brammers
31-12-14, 11:43
HAH! I'd forgotten about that.

Bram, about that thong. Pretty sure it was both! Most of the drinking games are pretty blurry but this just goes to show how good they were. And didn't you wear that thong on your head while trying to do drunken cartwheels in the streets of Blackpool? ;)

Drunken or not - I know my gymnastic abilities are not that good! Think it was one of the eXL lot - got to blame Tangent for something! :p

Trillian
31-12-14, 17:14
Think it was one of the eXL lot - got to blame Tangent for something! :p

The only good thing to ever come out of Tangent was the reward for completing their faction mission thing. I called it the Tangent Sniper Pistol. That thing used to be awesome! I could kill WBs in I-06 from half way across the sector.

Dope
01-01-15, 00:33
Can't ever quite shake this game, can ya?

Drachenpaladin
01-01-15, 02:03
Can't ever quite shake this game, can ya?

Yeah, its just like a tripper... even if you get rid of it you'll get infected again anyway.

Rob01m
02-01-15, 18:27
It's still a thing...

EH?! What's that you said sonny?! :confused:

Drachenpaladin
02-01-15, 18:32
EH?! What's that you said sonny?! :confused:

And another one...
NOTHING MR. JOHNNSEN, WE WILL GET YOU BACK TO YOUR ROOM AND THAN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR APPLESAUCE!

Rob01m
02-01-15, 18:34
And another one...
NOTHING MR. JOHNNSEN, WE WILL GET YOU BACK TO YOUR ROOM AND THAN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR APPLESAUCE!

WHY WOULD I USE A BROOM TO FLOSS?! :confused:

Drachenpaladin
02-01-15, 18:44
Gee Willikers, Mr Johnnsen, did we misplace the hearing aid again?

Breakaway
07-01-15, 16:19
Nc is still good. Come back and check it out :)

Trillian
08-01-15, 16:39
Nc is still good. Come back and check it out :)

I was foiled in my attempt to log in by a missing ethernet cable and now the urge has mostly passed. Mostly, I was just wanting things to kill while my roller derby team was on winter break. But now we're back and I can hit people irl again. Hitting people irl > shooting people on the internet. :angel:

NS_CHROME54
08-01-15, 23:19
Well, I've got some time on my hands as I was downsized a couple days ago. Downloading the client. :)

BTW, ph3@r my join date. :p

Tenchiro
09-01-15, 23:48
Sorry but: Neocron > roller derby! http://www.ugly-smilies.de/data/uglyla.gif

Trillian
12-01-15, 16:41
Sorry but: Neocron > roller derby! http://www.ugly-smilies.de/data/uglyla.gif

HAH!

Maybe if you're watching it. Not if you are playing it. :)

Drachenpaladin
12-01-15, 16:56
HAH!

Maybe if you're watching it. Not if you are playing it. :)

Meh, if i want a bunch o' hefty ladies moshing while running in circles I can just go to the PP zonefights :p

Trillian
13-01-15, 16:27
Meh, if i want a bunch o' hefty ladies moshing while running in circles I can just go to the PP zonefights :p

Hey! Who you callin' hefty?

Or would you rather do that because you know that no woman, no matter how hefty, would let you come near them unless they are the virtual strippers in Pepper Park? :)

\\Fényx//
22-01-15, 21:15
o_O

Bit of a blast from the past there, suddenly remember finding you afk in crp caves when i was with cannings, got some ok belts out of that and a few days of fun fixing my SL :lol:

Trillian
22-01-15, 23:24
o_O

Bit of a blast from the past there, suddenly remember finding you afk in crp caves when i was with cannings, got some ok belts out of that and a few days of fun fixing my SL :lol:

Omg... its YOU!!! It might be worth coming back just so I can shove my Lib up your ass. Wait.. forgot.. all my crap and characters are gone. Maybe you could lend me one to use? ;)

Why the hell was I afk in the CRP caves? I don't remember this. And I never once dropped something in a belt I wasn't willing to lose or didn't have like 1,000,000 backups of. I always kept one "good" weapon on me and it was always in the locked slot. Or they were all hidden away on my tradeskiller. And I had so many credits it didn't matter what I lost, no matter what it was I could afford to buy another. I had 3 characters that were maxed out on money and the THSC clan bank that I stored my extra in.

Now I DID lose some things trying to use random boxes to transfer things from Tricia to Trill or from Trill to Tricia so I could repair them. But that's guess that's what I get for not being patient enough for someone I trusted to log in and help me.

Torg
23-01-15, 20:44
Now I DID lose some things trying to use random boxes to transfer things from Tricia to Trill or from Trill to Tricia so I could repair them. But that's guess that's what I get for not being patient enough for someone I trusted to log in and help me.may i suggest opening a 2nd account just for dual log and transferring things? youre probably the only person in NC not using this workaround. finding remote crates in less frequented areas is only the 2nd best approach.

Trillian
23-01-15, 22:33
may i suggest opening a 2nd account just for dual log and transferring things? youre probably the only person in NC not using this workaround. finding remote crates in less frequented areas is only the 2nd best approach.

Sure thing. I'll get in my time machine and go back 6 or 7 years to when this actually happend. Then I'll pay extra money for a second account (it wasn't free back then, not sure if it is now) and tell myself that work around. Thanks for the advice!

NS_CHROME54
24-01-15, 03:34
Then I'll pay extra money for a second account (it wasn't free back then, not sure if it is now) and tell myself that work around. Thanks for the advice!

Neocron has been free for a few years now.

Dribble Joy
24-01-15, 13:23
may i suggest opening a 2nd account just for dual log and transferring things? youre probably the only person in NC not using this workaround.
I've only ever had one account.

Garfield
24-01-15, 16:44
TBH I never got over the loss of Pluto..

nobody did...

-FN-
29-01-15, 23:04
TBH I never got over the loss of Pluto.
You're not the only one...

r3yka
30-01-15, 03:44
Can't ever quite shake this game, can ya? a truer word has yet to be spoken

750iL
18-02-15, 11:26
Wow man,

i just stumbled in here by accident again, and had to regain my passwords for forum and game account. I loved Neocron, started on Saturn and when that died started new on Mars. I read that one is down now too, so fresh start on Titan it will be. Kinda sucks, losing all the nice equipment I had, oh well. Back to the sewers killing roaches and rats!

I can't wait to start over, even tho it will feel cumbersome as a slow newbie without epic weapons and stuff but the journey was fun. I don't have as much free time as i used to back in the day, played pretty hardcore. Thats what made NC so cool, the cyberpunk feeling, straying through the city outskirts, hacking boxes and hoping no one comes by to gank you. Hunting warbots, getting those parts for your desired weapon, building it with good upgrade slots, or not...

I will try to convince my friends to join me, we are sick and tired of cookie cutter triple AAA titles without soul. This is the kind of independent title thats unique and nearly impossible to replicate.

I have the day off tomorrow, I know what I will do!

Cheers

ShadowAgent
22-05-15, 16:25
So I haven't logged in since 2008 or so. I know this is a *very* broad question, but what all has changed? Is it still the same game at all? If I logged in would all my shit still be there?

It's been so long... I still can close my eyes and walk the streets of Neocron with you all. hope to see you soon in game. contact me anytime

ShadowAgent

LiL T
10-06-15, 22:14
Hi, is Phoenix Ltd still going?

I'd hope so, we have things to sort out... ^^

Brammers
10-06-15, 22:57
Hi, is Phoenix Ltd still going?

I'd hope so, we have things to sort out... ^^

:eek: Things to sort out? Do I need to worry and get Section 2 on your case? ;)

LiL T
10-06-15, 23:20
:eek: Things to sort out? Do I need to worry and get Section 2 on your case? ;)

Mr Brammers *sniffs* under my court you are charged with defamation of my self and all previous or current members of clan F.E.T.I.S.H
Sir I ask how do you plead?

Brammers
10-06-15, 23:31
Mr Brammers *sniffs* under my court you are charged with defamation of my self and all previous or current members of clan F.E.T.I.S.H
Sir I ask how do you plead?

I of course plead not guilty. Now I have a question for you.

*Gets a gun out and points it at LiL T*

Now....how do you plead?

Drachenpaladin
10-06-15, 23:39
*sets up the camera* Now this is getting interesting...

LiL T
11-06-15, 00:41
I of course plead not guilty. Now I have a question for you.

*Gets a gun out and points it at LiL T*

Now....how do you plead?

You are one vile brute, you have no value for human life.

LiL T
11-06-15, 01:16
of course Mr Brammers you have absolute power, you fully understand what I am talking about, well in actual reality you do not know anything, so it is no use guessing. I don't enjoy games as much these days perhaps you should start to consider the security of your premises.

if i were u..

Brammers
11-06-15, 11:57
You are one vile brute, you have no value for human life.

I do have respect and value human life. However do I have respect for your old leader who brutally attacked me in the Phoenix store, and broadcast the footage on CronTube.com ?

Now do you speak for your clan F.E.T.I.S.H or are you capable... *Put gun away* ...of speaking for yourself like a free mind, and distancing yourself from the past actions of F.E.T.I.S.H?

of course Mr Brammers you have absolute power, you fully understand what I am talking about, well in actual reality you do not know anything, so it is no use guessing. I don't enjoy games as much these days perhaps you should start to consider the security of your premises.

if i were u..

*Gets the gun out again and points it back at LiL T*

One chance only. You can walk away, live your life in peace. But make any attempt on my life or any other member of Phoenix or any Fallen Angel then I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

OOC: Good times :)

BlueRobot
11-06-15, 15:29
What if he has his LE in ?