PDA

View Full Version : Basic APU spell descriptions

necrocon
17-12-14, 07:11
So there are the variety of spells in game. I was wondering if anyone had a fairly short and clear description of what the APU spells are. Things like range, damage, Rate of fire... Direct line of sight, or if it will cut through boxes/walls like bolt spells do.

Bolt -
Ball -
Lance -
Halo -
Blast - lobbed AoE?
Barrel - surface targeted AoE (glitchy on the surface world...)
Beam -
PSI attack -
Multi Bolt - Chain spell (max targets?)

I found a previous link of someone trying to get similar answers before, but it looks like it strayed.
http://forum.neocron-game.com/printthread.php?t=145066

Roc-a-fella
17-12-14, 19:54
I'll give it a try sorry i can't give u range dmg ROF you can find all that on individual spell info but ill give you the jist of it::

Bolt - Straightforward bolt, like a zap, believe if you are able to hold target it will pass through boxes etc
Ball - Shoots out a ball that travels at speed to hit target, will not pass through anything
Lance - Like a bolt but arced, usually want to stay away from these spells simply because their are always better options
Halo - Best type of spell to use usually. Upon casting creates a halo or ring around the target dealing damage therefore you can be behind cover and it will always hit as long as you have target
Blast - I'm very iffy on this one and i apologize but i think it might be something like ball, i think its something that has to travel through the air
Barrel - surface targeted AoE (glitchy on the surface world...) << Got this right basically, easy to cast to many or to close to yourself and harm yourself. Usually casted while back pedaling
Beam - A wider beam of light, still single target i believe. Some of these spells at lower levels might be worth crafting
PSI attack - Some of the BEST single target spells while leveling up ! Make sure you make each of these as you unlock them if single target mobs is what you are grinding with
Multi Bolt - The other type of AOE attack besides barrels, Pretty much like it sounds Shoots multiple bolts, As far as maximum amount of targets goes i think that number is pretty high. Might be 10 or something but ultimately as many targets as you can get bunched up together the more it will hit. Also - as far as i believe is a VERY DISTANT second option for AOE compared to barrells, simply because the psi to cast and damage dealt is no where near as high for the cost of casting barrels

necrocon
17-12-14, 20:57
It seems, unless I'm wrong... Barrels, and multi bolts can't be locked pc/npc target... Only buildings,, and terrain.

Roc-a-fella
17-12-14, 21:10
It seems, unless I'm wrong... Barrels, and multi bolts can't be locked pc/npc target... Only buildings,, and terrain.

Multi bolts i believe you shoot at the actual mob, but yes with barrels dont get casted at the actual mob you cast them on the floor or wall even around a bunch of mobs

Morpheus
17-12-14, 23:35
i like your sig, reminds me of one of my trophy apps. out there, lost in the digital matrix..

Roc-a-fella
17-12-14, 23:46
i like your sig, reminds me of one of my trophy apps. out there, lost in the digital matrix..

Thanks this was my pride and joy sadly it was on Terra, i only have some mob trophies on Titan none of the other rare ones because there is no way to get them anymore :(