PDA

View Full Version : [R# 192] T# 200/201 Patchnotes

Zoltan
06-12-14, 00:59
Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

Reworked Health-Sync - Health is now updating instantly without jumping
Health regeneration is no longer a client side part
NPC can have now much higher health which is very interesting for PvE
Death-Flag behavior and synchronization reworked - Should kill the nasty Rezz-Bug
AFK- Flags added. You can set your afk state via command /set afk 1 (0 to remove AFK)
Crash fixed which could raise on team invites
Damage Sync *WIP* - Beam weapons should hit now the target more often
Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymore
NPC Health isn't jumping on movement anymore

Gameplay Updates

All Rare and WoC weapons have been modified - this is still work in progress your feedback is needed and very welcome

Visual Assets

A bunch of HD graphics were added. Neocron is looking very nice now and I believe Xortag will provide more details in the next time ;)
All Faction Logos and Traffic Signs are overhauled
Some static actors have their textures overhauled
A lot of environment decals and textures like posters, blood, cracks and so on have been added and overhauled
Hundreds of misaligned or floating boxes, actors and decals have been corrected
Revamped a huge amount of decorations in the jailhouse
The Terminator Assault Quad now has a slight sharper texture

Content

Jailhouse was reworked - Baldur will provide more details about the content changes in the next time.

Patchnotes from the Content Development Department:

JAILHOUSE REVAMP
This is the first step of our rework of the Jailhouse, Soullight and Anarchy Breed. More to come.

added medical area
added shopping area
added All Buyer store
added filler NPCs, decorations and new HD decals and actors
changed some NPC Models, NPC Weapons (Guards) and NPC locations.
New repeatable mission "NeoCare in the Community" has been introduced. A low and high level version of this longer mission (run) is available allowing runners to re-gain a larger amount of Soul Light. These missions start in the new medical area of the Jailhouse in Outzone 8.
A new repeatable mission to gain Soullight has been implemented: "Jailhouse Good guys". The StartNPCs are located in the Jailhouse Bar.

low level version : level 30-44
med level version: level 45-54
high level version: level 55+
The high level mission currently uses the Anarchy Breed Camps from the TH-Corporate Contact missions (AB-Harrasser and Aggressors). This will be changed / these camps will be reworked and new camps will be added before this patch hits Titan.
MISSIONS

The first mission ("NPCD has an eye on you") from our mission-contest has been implemented. Agent Jones is waiting for you in front of NCPD Headquarters in Viarosso 3
Since Neocrons maximum for missions (runs with more than 1 mission) had been reached by Reakktor, we had to implement a new way of mission-implementation. This is the first mission which uses the new system.
New low/mid-level mission "Canyon Secret Service" has been introduced.
This missions starts in the TG Canyon and makes (new) TG runners go to Neocron City.
Tech Haven Corporate Contacts missions (missions to gain faction sympathy): reduced the number of killtargets and increased the amount of faction sympathy you get.
New missions to gain Soullight have been implemented (see Jailhouse Revamp for details)

MILITARY BASE

MILITARY BASE ENTRANCE
Added permanent CityCom and GoGuardian near zone entrance
Improved guard placement
Updated signage to reflect changes in Military Base Sec-1
MILITARY BASE SECTOR 1
Fixed the positions of many static actors and NPCs
Revamped signage in the zone to improve navigation
Revamped the Bar/Dancer area to improve seating and usability
Added extra decoration in the form of new decals
Added ambient audio to shops to add atmosphere
Added a bank of CityComs to the middle of the zone
Fixed the position of many static actors e.g. floating boxes
Moved several City Merc Contact Person NPCs closer to the Entrance zone line to ease frustrations with trade skill missions.

ASSETS (Xortag will go into detail here)

Across the entire game world, a large number of graphic decals have been replaced with brand new higher definition versions

Retailer logos
Faction logos
Traffic system signs
Holographic frames and adverts
Warning signs
some Static actors
...and many more textures
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in City Administration HQ
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Plaza District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Viarosso District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Pepper Park District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Subway and Outzone District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in Outposts across the Wastelands

NAVRAY

NavRay now functions in the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
NavRay routing has been added to the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
NavRay menus have been updated with several additional locations across the game world

Job Centre
Outzone Apartment Complex Apartments
Neocron & Dome of York Entrances
Industrial Area Sec-2
NavRay routing has been added to all subway station platforms
NavRay routing has been added to subway tracks. Runners will now be advised to use the subway when travelling in Neocron City.
References to Con Center and Job Centre have been updated to unify spelling
Mr Jones Mission locations are more clearly marked in NavRay
Faction names have been corrected in the NavRay (aka the "We got 99 problems, but City Mercs appearing twice in the NavRay ain't one" fix)
NavRay routing has been updated in the Twilight Guardian Canyon Facility. Among others, this corrects the issue of finding the All Buyer with the NavRay.
NavRay routing has been improved in Plaza 2. Several routing issues have been resolved.
NavRay now functions in Military Base Sec-1
NavRay routing has been improved in the Pepper Park District. Several routing issues have been resolved.
NavRay routing has been added to Military Base Sec-1

MISCELLANEOUS

Dancing is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
Everyone's favourite dancer in Pepper Park Sector 2 is once again getting her groove on
In game welcome mail "Death in Neocron" has been updated to remove references backpacks
Fixed a typo in NExT's faction description found on the CityCom
Ammo for Mini Rocket Launchers is now sold by the correct Pistol Ammo vendor
Moved Hogan Dunfield to a new location again, to reduce exploit possibility
Regant PA Run (final mission: old dirty conster) has been updated.
Added a guard to the lower floor of the Tsunami Syndicate HQ to improve security in the sector
NPC Inquisitor Kaine has been moved to a new location within the sector.
New NPCs have been spotted in the Canyon Facility
New NPC Massahiro can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of Valadium to loyal Tsunami Runners
New NPC Crazy Ivan can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of XOR Chips to loyal Tsunami Runners
Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed
Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed with Light
Plants in Pepper Park apartments no longer function as Gene Replicators
Belts should no longer drop in sector C07 (Tyron Factory)
CityCom delivery missions for City Mercs now correctly display NPC and Sector names in mission dialogue
Freezer Rifles now correctly sit on the players back when viewed from 3rd person perspective.
Fixed the item description of the TL 29 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost
Fixed the item description of the TL 41 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost Sanctum
Black Dragon CityCom missions no longer direct players to Tsunami Syndicate HQ Recruiters
Several menu and sub menu names have been updated/corrected in NavRay
When put on the floor, Greg's Medkits now use the correct medical kit model
Audio announcements have been added to the Subway when arriving and departing each station. This audio should assist new players when navigating Neocron City.
Voice announcement added when players enter the ConCenter
Voice announcement added when players enter City Administration HQ
Ambient music has been restored to several retailers in Plaza Sec-1
Leaning against walls is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
Boobs & Guns now use all four Neocron 2 era dancer models as vendors
The npc dialog has been revamped.
Added a new background image to the RPOS to handle the new position of NPC dialogue.
The XP and Money Malus of LE wearing players are now visible in the implants window.
Outzone Apartment Complex access interfaces have been renamed to follow the standard apartment naming schema.
Several unique high level kill target NPCs no longer give XP when attacked or killed
Faction and City Guards no longer give XP when attacked or killed
WAITER npcs did not correctly hide/duck to "evade" from players with weapons
If on patrol PMAN npcs should now stop when players talks to them or trades them (if PMAN is a trader) and they should only flee from players with weapons not from copbots and he should now correctly greet when encountering players

Feel free to share your experience or ideas here in this thread (no need to make a separate thread).

Morpheus
06-12-14, 01:08
[SIZE=5] AFK- Flags added. You can set your afk state via command /set afk 1 (0 to remove AFK)
A lot of cool stuff, still wonder why KK didn't manage to fix some of those points in 10 years.

AFK Flag: why would i want to do this and does it go back to 0 when i move?

Br Morph

Zoltan
06-12-14, 01:21
A lot of cool stuff, still wonder why KK didn't manage to fix some of those points in 10 years.

AFK Flag: why would i want to do this and does it go back to 0 when i move?

Br Morph

Yes it does. Sometimes you're staying at the p1 mediacare to be afk for a while, now you have an indicator - so players dont getting pissed if you don't answer in the right time :)

Divide
06-12-14, 01:59
A bunch of HD graphics were added. Neocron is looking very nice now and I believe Xortag will provide more details in the next time ;)

I saw the 40 meg patch and was like ooooooooooooooooh yeah new textures and maybe sounds!

/edit: any place in particular that we have to see?

/edit2: just running through p1 is enough to get a stiffy.

/edit3: with the surrounding texture around entryways like sewers and such makes me very very hopeful for the 'primetime' textures that are so heavily used - floor, wall, ground... all of it. Very nice work in what I have seen in the last 5 minutes.

necrocon
06-12-14, 02:11
I'm guessing this is all test server?

Zoltan
06-12-14, 02:11
I saw the 40 meg patch and was like ooooooooooooooooh yeah new textures and maybe sounds!

/edit: any place in particular that we have to see?

/edit2: just running through p1 is enough to get a stiffy.

Yes: Decals and some static models, more will come in the future... and one of my absoute favorites: THe blood decal :D

http://www.neocron-game.com/media/sewer.png

http://www.neocron-game.com/media/wall.png

http://www.neocron-game.com/media/brick.png

http://www.neocron-game.com/media/crytons.png

Divide
06-12-14, 02:15
Yes: Decals and some static models, more will come in the future... and one of my absoute favorites: THe blood decal :D

http://www.neocron-game.com/media/sewer.png

The framing around the hatch there makes me so excited for the rest of the ground/wall/sky textures. Being able to read one of the new signs from as far away as you can now is impressive - I'm running at a paltry 1080p, but they almost look like raster graphics they are so good.

Baldur
06-12-14, 02:25
There are far more content related things in this patch ;)

e.g. new missions, a lot of fixes etc.

I'll provide detailed information on sunday :)

Divide
06-12-14, 02:30
Yes it does. Sometimes you're staying at the p1 mediacare to be afk for a while, now you have an indicator - so players dont getting pissed if you don't answer in the right time :)

Any chance in the future of an afk reason like "/set afk I'm not afk, I'm debugging" ?

necrocon
06-12-14, 03:01
I don't know that I can post those pictures on your Facebook page, but that might be a great spot to put those new graphics. Last post there was from early November.

slith
06-12-14, 03:20
Finally Transport is not part of the con-setup anymore..

As health regeneration is no longer client-side calculated can we have it scale with different skills/stats? (im thinking of total hp and con-level). Should range from 2 per second on a newly created spy to maybe 6 on a con 100 Tank with 1200 total health. What do you guys think of this?

Bifrost
06-12-14, 04:38
Finally Transport is not part of the con-setup anymore..

There are no TRA changes in the patch notes - so this should be unchanged.

A quick QA note on the new Visual HD Assets. There is a lot of new HD GFX, which you have spotted.

However not everything is in HD - I'll let Xortag cover that.

If you do spot something that looks a bit wrong or mis-aligned please let us know the zone name and location. Better still, post a screenshot. :)

Divide
06-12-14, 04:45
There are no TRA changes in the patch notes - so this should be unchanged.

He means:

Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymorep

also, @slith-
I definitely support a scaling regeneration system with those max/mins.

slith
06-12-14, 12:24
Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymorep Not many people knew, but leg shots where less severe when you had a lot of free load available. Put you in yellow overloading levels of runspeed malus instead of red. One of the magic tricks in neocron - like the tangent automatic pistol before the hotfix :P

necrocon
06-12-14, 12:53
Magic trick, sounds like a funny name for an abuse of an exploit... lol Who makes a hotfix for magic?

Tino
06-12-14, 15:20
[EDITED]

Quoting Nidhogg from the other thread:
"Please don't accuse others of cheating."

You know what's going to happen if you continue to post this, eh ?

-Baldur

Dribble Joy
06-12-14, 17:18
3 shot burst on Judge?

There is no rage image suitable...

Ascension
06-12-14, 17:55

Please open this up to the community, I'm sure there is a lot of skin within the community. I for one would get involved, turning signage into scalable vectors etc.

gstyle40
06-12-14, 17:58
Magic trick, sounds like a funny name for an abuse of an exploit... lol Who makes a hotfix for magic?

lol i like this guy!

gstyle40
06-12-14, 17:59
3 shot burst on Judge?

this literally made me laugh out loud

Xortag
06-12-14, 19:46
So here is what i need to know about the Art related part.

Did you discovered floating, missing (white blurry circle) , non-proportional scaled or mis-aligned textures? A lot of the decal overhaul was made by replacing the original without the need to touch it in a further editor. If something was wrong with the original one, the new decal will get that errors too. New decals can appear all over NC, including Wastelands, Sewers or Storage sectors. Try to check Titan if the issue is there too if you are unsure.

A few tech facts for thoose who my be interested:
The new textures are mixed in DXT1 and DXT3, with a few tech exceptions in BMP.
Sizes go up to 1024x1024
Mip-Maps (LoD) are directly stored into the texture, so the engine can skip this part of processing

Known issues and things to skip in testing:
- Some weathered blood locations may look horrible now, try to lcate and report them. A example of this mess is in the Military Base shopping areas around the boxes.
- Old wood boxes have not been replaced with new ones, they get replaced in a later step
- Some of the new Model-textures have so called "banding" issues, which originating to the original UV that have not been changed yet. Banding means a texture looks like stripes in some areas because the part of the model just have very few texture pixels assigned to it, thus stretching them to cover the part.
- Decals with smaller text in it may look pixelated or slightly blurred at very close range, resulting from the texture compression
- When the Day/Night cycle occurs, some decoration decals may look different or ugly, this is due to the lightmap changes while the decals is placed "on top" of the changing lightmap. (Feel free to report very strange looking ones)
- A lot of decals on windows are translucent white, that is intended.

If you want to report any issues with texture changes try to be as precise as possible where we can find it or deliver a additional screenshot. For example: "The second of four ASG signs in the ASG store at Viarosso 1 is floating to the right".

So far, we hope you like some of the new shiny stuff, enjoy your favorite faction in clear letters or finally can read where to find "Mr.T." on the Guns Guns Guns poster. There is lovely 2k stuff in the pipe for you!

Divide
06-12-14, 23:34

This was much more well-known in nc1 than it seems to be today. I had actually completely forgotten about it until I read the post and I have been back for over a year now. This isn't a hotfix, it is a fix for something that has been in game since nc1-- most likely since beta.

Divide
06-12-14, 23:37
3 shot burst on Judge?

That said, can you not appreciate the fact that the rare of the line now feels unique compared to the rest? After some initial shock, I have been digging the fact that rares feel out of the ordinary when compared with the rest of the weapon series. Droners have had this benefit for some time now that I think about it.

Dasore
06-12-14, 23:59
damn that notes sound very very good, cant wait to get on the testserver on sunday again, hope you dont miss me ;)

necrocon
07-12-14, 00:16
This was much more well-known in nc1 than it seems to be today. I had actually completely forgotten about it until I read the post and I have been back for over a year now. This isn't a hotfix, it is a fix for something that has been in game since nc1-- most likely since beta.

Just because it has taken 14 years to address doesn't mean it wasn't something that was not intended. I didn't know about it until now. I played then, I just never looked for bogus ways to give myself an edge. Just because "everyone" is doing it, doesn't mean it is right. Say someone had a sheep in Ireland.... never mind... lol!

Dribble Joy
07-12-14, 05:00
That said, can you not appreciate the fact that the rare of the line now feels unique compared to the rest?
Of course I can. Comedic exaggeration.

That said, there's distinction and then there's making something completely out of line with everything else.

I still see the rares more or less as 'level 4' versions of their respective weapon lines. The HL and EoF are just far too removed from that. I don't have a specific problem with how they operate aside from how wildly different they are from their non-rare versions.
Unique examples like the epics, the storm laser, etc. I have no issue with. In fact we need more of them. I really like the style of the EoF as a weapon, but it's just not a gatlin.

necrocon
07-12-14, 05:14
Of course I can. Comedic exaggeration.

That said, there's distinction and then there's making something completely out of line with everything else.

I still see the rares more or less as 'level 4' versions of their respective weapon lines. The HL and EoF are just far too removed from that. I don't have a specific problem with how they operate aside from how wildly different they are from their non-rare versions.
Unique examples like the epics, the storm laser, etc. I have no issue with. In fact we need more of them. I really like the style of the EoF as a weapon, but it's just not a gatlin.

I question, the calling of a level 4 version. You mean this as a generic term right? Some weapons, say the street rifle, have 5 versions ranging from TL 2- TL 78, and then the rare version makes the 6th model in the series. Then you also have the assault rifle that also has 5 standard models, plus the Tsunami Epic, plus the rare, plus 4 additional WOC versions. A total of 11 versions.... CRAZY!!! Those only reflect what the Techhaven site have listed. If it is wrong, then so am I, lol!

Divide
07-12-14, 05:27
Just because it has taken 14 years to address doesn't mean it wasn't something that was not intended. I didn't know about it until now. I played then, I just never looked for bogus ways to give myself an edge. Just because "everyone" is doing it, doesn't mean it is right. Say someone had a sheep in Ireland.... never mind... lol!

Intent/lack thereof do not and can not predict appropriate use, or exploitation, as a product matures. The majority of this game is not officially documented in any capacity. It is not within the realm of possibility to understand or truly know how something will be used over the course of time. It is up to the NST to determine what is and what is not within the scope of fair gameplay and clearly they had no qualms with individuals utilizing that specific knowledge.

necrocon
07-12-14, 06:13
Intent/lack thereof do not and can not predict appropriate use, or exploitation, as a product matures. The majority of this game is not officially documented in any capacity. It is not within the realm of possibility to understand or truly know how something will be used over the course of time. It is up to the NST to determine what is and what is not within the scope of fair gameplay and clearly they had no qualms with individuals utilizing that specific knowledge.

Whatever helps you sleep! Whatever helps keep that old imaginary crown on your head buckaroo! I'm not here to strip you of it. Saturn, is as dead as Pluto.

I do add in though... this piece cut from the above patch notes. "Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymore"

As it is uses the word hack, and hacks are often exploits.... I guess that leads down a path.

Zoltan
07-12-14, 14:07
Sorry for the confusion. I ment a very dirty and poorly implemented solution to achieve a special goal.

The solution which makes you slower by getting shot in the legs was a such hack.

--

About the EoF and HL:

As far I understand the new behavior is not wanted?

Tino
07-12-14, 16:42
The solution which makes you slower by getting shot in the legs was a such hack.

There are hacks in neocron?

Faid
07-12-14, 18:37
About the EoF and HL:

As far I understand the new behavior is not wanted?

The new behavior is great, keep it :D

Drachenpaladin
07-12-14, 18:38
There are hacks in neocron?

Hack as in hackneyed code, not a cheat :p

Divide
07-12-14, 19:48
Whatever helps you sleep! Whatever helps keep that old imaginary crown on your head buckaroo! I'm not here to strip you of it. Saturn, is as dead as Pluto.

I do add in though... this piece cut from the above patch notes. "Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymore"

As it is uses the word hack, and hacks are often exploits.... I guess that leads down a path.

Again, your perception of the issue doesn't actually immediately set universal truths for the rest of the game. The imaginary crown is still well in place, thank you, but it's as marred with shitstains as it ever was. The term hack in this case is a reference to the quality of the implementation of the leg-breaking code by the developers, not the players' method of working within the constraints of the game. Zoltan is saying the original dev behind leg-breaking code was lazy or stupid... he is not throwing stones at the players who understood and utilized the mechanic effectively. It's not the players fault that this game has many, many ins and outs. It's not their duty to share what they know, either.

Massaker
07-12-14, 20:20
The new textures look pretty awesome :)

Massaker
07-12-14, 20:32
hm the new gogu and city com in the entrance of the mb look not so nice :(

Also the lights in the HQ sector in the last room before the GR aren't placed correctly

Missplaced bushes in J06 next to the east sync

necrocon
07-12-14, 23:47
You presume a lot Divide about the developers, going back to the "It is not within the realm of possibility to understand or truly know how something will be used over the course of time."

That sounds very grandiose, and almost dramatic. I hope you are a writer, lol! Also you are right. You can't know to the full extent, and understand how something will be used over the course of time. Often that is where eventual buffs, and nerfs to systems come in. Some fixes are high priority, others are not. The fact that this has been recognized for a long time, and only now being dealt with suggests this wasn't as high a priority to correct, as money cubes were. I would not truly venture to know what goes on in the minds of the developers. I only hope their goal is to produce the best product they can. By the newest patches, and previous steps, it might be slow going... but I believe that is still their goal.

Massaker, beware the sky bushes, they will eat your soul!

Baldur
08-12-14, 00:05
Alright, here we go.

Patchnotes from the Content Development Department:

JAILHOUSE REVAMP
This is the first step of our rework of the Jailhouse, Soullight and Anarchy Breed. More to come.

added medical area
added shopping area
added All Buyer store
added filler NPCs, decorations and new HD decals and actors
changed some NPC Models, NPC Weapons (Guards) and NPC locations.
New repeatable mission "NeoCare in the Community" has been introduced. A low and high level version of this longer mission (run) is available allowing runners to re-gain a larger amount of Soul Light. These missions start in the new medical area of the Jailhouse in Outzone 8.
A new repeatable mission to gain Soullight has been implemented: "Jailhouse Good guys". The StartNPCs are located in the Jailhouse Bar.

low level version : level 30-44
med level version: level 45-54
high level version: level 55+
The high level mission currently uses the Anarchy Breed Camps from the TH-Corporate Contact missions (AB-Harrasser and Aggressors). This will be changed / these camps will be reworked and new camps will be added before this patch hits Titan.
MISSIONS

The first mission ("NPCD has an eye on you") from our mission-contest has been implemented. Agent Jones is waiting for you in front of NCPD Headquarters in Viarosso 3
Since Neocrons maximum for missions (runs with more than 1 mission) had been reached by Reakktor, we had to implement a new way of mission-implementation. This is the first mission which uses the new system.
New low/mid-level mission "Canyon Secret Service" has been introduced.
This missions starts in the TG Canyon and makes (new) TG runners go to Neocron City.
Tech Haven Corporate Contacts missions (missions to gain faction sympathy): reduced the number of killtargets and increased the amount of faction sympathy you get.
New missions to gain Soullight have been implemented (see Jailhouse Revamp for details)

MILITARY BASE

MILITARY BASE ENTRANCE
Added permanent CityCom and GoGuardian near zone entrance
Improved guard placement
Updated signage to reflect changes in Military Base Sec-1
MILITARY BASE SECTOR 1
Fixed the positions of many static actors and NPCs
Revamped signage in the zone to improve navigation
Revamped the Bar/Dancer area to improve seating and usability
Added extra decoration in the form of new decals
Added ambient audio to shops to add atmosphere
Added a bank of CityComs to the middle of the zone
Fixed the position of many static actors e.g. floating boxes
Moved several City Merc Contact Person NPCs closer to the Entrance zone line to ease frustrations with trade skill missions.

ASSETS (Xortag will go into detail here)

Across the entire game world, a large number of graphic decals have been replaced with brand new higher definition versions

Retailer logos
Faction logos
Traffic system signs
Holographic frames and adverts
Warning signs
some Static actors
...and many more textures
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in City Administration HQ
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Plaza District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Viarosso District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Pepper Park District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Subway and Outzone District
A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in Outposts across the Wastelands

NAVRAY

NavRay now functions in the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
NavRay routing has been added to the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
NavRay menus have been updated with several additional locations across the game world

Job Centre
Outzone Apartment Complex Apartments
Neocron & Dome of York Entrances
Industrial Area Sec-2
NavRay routing has been added to all subway station platforms
NavRay routing has been added to subway tracks. Runners will now be advised to use the subway when travelling in Neocron City.
References to Con Center and Job Centre have been updated to unify spelling
Mr Jones Mission locations are more clearly marked in NavRay
Faction names have been corrected in the NavRay (aka the "We got 99 problems, but City Mercs appearing twice in the NavRay ain't one" fix)
NavRay routing has been updated in the Twilight Guardian Canyon Facility. Among others, this corrects the issue of finding the All Buyer with the NavRay.
NavRay routing has been improved in Plaza 2. Several routing issues have been resolved.
NavRay now functions in Military Base Sec-1
NavRay routing has been improved in the Pepper Park District. Several routing issues have been resolved.
NavRay routing has been added to Military Base Sec-1

MISCELLANEOUS

Dancing is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
Everyone's favourite dancer in Pepper Park Sector 2 is once again getting her groove on
In game welcome mail "Death in Neocron" has been updated to remove references backpacks
Fixed a typo in NExT's faction description found on the CityCom
Ammo for Mini Rocket Launchers is now sold by the correct Pistol Ammo vendor
Moved Hogan Dunfield to a new location again, to reduce exploit possibility
Regant PA Run (final mission: old dirty conster) has been updated.
Added a guard to the lower floor of the Tsunami Syndicate HQ to improve security in the sector
NPC Inquisitor Kaine has been moved to a new location within the sector.
New NPCs have been spotted in the Canyon Facility
New NPC Massahiro can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of Valadium to loyal Tsunami Runners
New NPC Crazy Ivan can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of XOR Chips to loyal Tsunami Runners
Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed
Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed with Light
Plants in Pepper Park apartments no longer function as Gene Replicators
Belts should no longer drop in sector C07 (Tyron Factory)
CityCom delivery missions for City Mercs now correctly display NPC and Sector names in mission dialogue
Freezer Rifles now correctly sit on the players back when viewed from 3rd person perspective.
Fixed the item description of the TL 29 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost
Fixed the item description of the TL 41 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost Sanctum
Black Dragon CityCom missions no longer direct players to Tsunami Syndicate HQ Recruiters
Several menu and sub menu names have been updated/corrected in NavRay
When put on the floor, Greg's Medkits now use the correct medical kit model
Audio announcements have been added to the Subway when arriving and departing each station. This audio should assist new players when navigating Neocron City.
Voice announcement added when players enter the ConCenter
Voice announcement added when players enter City Administration HQ
Ambient music has been restored to several retailers in Plaza Sec-1
Leaning against walls is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
Boobs & Guns now use all four Neocron 2 era dancer models as vendors
The npc dialog has been revamped.
Added a new background image to the RPOS to handle the new position of NPC dialogue.
The XP and Money Malus of LE wearing players are now visible in the implants window.
Outzone Apartment Complex access interfaces have been renamed to follow the standard apartment naming schema.
Several unique high level kill target NPCs no longer give XP when attacked or killed
Faction and City Guards no longer give XP when attacked or killed
WAITER npcs did not correctly hide/duck to "evade" from players with weapons
If on patrol PMAN npcs should now stop when players talks to them or trades them (if PMAN is a trader) and they should only flee from players with weapons not from copbots and he should now correctly greet when encountering players

Dasore
08-12-14, 00:17
think we have to test it ;) bugs incoming? ;)

necrocon
08-12-14, 00:20
Damn Baldur! On that note... Divide. There are more important things going on than us playing patty cake, you win almost all of the things... Except for those that Baldur, Zoltan, and the rest of them won. Be well good sir!

Zoltan
08-12-14, 01:02
btw. Who wants to organize a outpost war on vedeena?

Dasore
08-12-14, 01:44
@baldur:
3th mission of the Agent Jones NCPD Mission:
I'm stuck at the point where i talked to sarah knocker, she wants paratemol forte and i got it in the inventory but doesnt take it. the next npc hogarth also doesnt talk.

Baldur
08-12-14, 01:50
@baldur:
3th mission of the Agent Jones NCPD Mission:
I'm stuck at the point where i talked to sarah knocker, she wants paratemol forte and i got it in the inventory but doesnt take it. the next npc hogarth also doesnt talk.

yes, that's a known issue and the fix is already committed to the patch-folder of Vedeena. Will be patched to the server tomorrow.
For now, just give her Destrosol Forte and she'll be happy (she asks for Paratemol Forte but needs Destrosol Forte).

(Hogarth does not talk because you did not finish Sarahs dialogue properly.)

Dasore
08-12-14, 02:25
okay thanks, everything was fine now after choosing the other drug. Just something to mention is probably that hogarth got a bit too much life for a 45/45, took me like 25 fire apos to kill him, probably someone at lower levels doing that mission could say if he can kill him

Drachenpaladin
08-12-14, 04:31
okay thanks, everything was fine now after choosing the other drug. Just something to mention is probably that hogarth got a bit too much life for a 45/45, took me like 25 fire apos to kill him, probably someone at lower levels doing that mission could say if he can kill him

I'd assume thats due to Zoltan fudging with mob-health recently :p
I did it at lvl 40 with a rifle spy and it was tough, tho I found the dudes damage-output worse then the health.

Ascension
08-12-14, 10:22
http://i.imgur.com/B5YWtXU.jpg (http://imgur.com/B5YWtXU)
This man has no eyes in PP3

http://i.imgur.com/2PN8rEZ.jpg (http://imgur.com/2PN8rEZ)
No strippers

http://i.imgur.com/OlddgLc.jpg (http://imgur.com/OlddgLc)
No dialogue

http://i.imgur.com/mNBPdXa.jpg (http://imgur.com/mNBPdXa)
All CM guard NPC's now seem to be PE's with purple glasses.

Also, I'm not sure trying to impersonate the old RPOS with the new dialogue is the best idea, id like to think the DEV team would consider changing/simplifying the whole thing at a later date.

I'm aware that before it was 'skinned' to match the RPOS, it was a semi transparent base layer, I think I prefered if like that, now its pretty invasive, and seems to fudge up the camera view when engaging.

Zoltan
08-12-14, 10:37
I did a reset of all sectors yesterday, the respawn will take some time after the first visit of a sector.

--

@ NPC Health: Nope this has nothing to do with the latest health change of the NPCs ;)
The change just allows our content team to create npcs with a healthpool greater than the old limit of 35k

Trivaldi
08-12-14, 10:46
So pleased to see all of those content changes out in the public eye! :)

Great work guys. <3

Dasore
08-12-14, 11:51
@ NPC Health: Nope this has nothing to do with the latest health change of the NPCs ;)
The change just allows our content team to create npcs with a healthpool greater than the old limit of 35k

For example the Chaos Queen? Looks like it got a health pool of 300k ;)

Zoltan
08-12-14, 12:35
300k * Serverspecific modifier, which means something near 180k at the end.

Ascension
08-12-14, 14:10
http://i.imgur.com/B3Aepqcl.jpg (http://imgur.com/B3Aepqc)
I think the attempt to introduce the rpos into the dialogue box is a step backwards,

http://i.imgur.com/XRd7avvl.jpg (http://imgur.com/XRd7avv)

Not sure if this has been modified yet, but there is an issue with aspect ration on a lot of the tangent signage
http://i.imgur.com/nJoCd8hl.jpg (http://imgur.com/nJoCd8h)
Couple of the new hi-res decals in situ.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6qZXYal.jpg (http://imgur.com/Z6qZXYa)
New Archer & Wesson signage

http://i.imgur.com/OXqBBP4l.jpg (http://imgur.com/OXqBBP4)
Would love to see a new version of this

http://i.imgur.com/uvWmtyql.jpg (http://imgur.com/uvWmtyq)
New CTT Signage & new grime textures

http://i.imgur.com/WqP4eCyl.jpg (http://imgur.com/WqP4eCy)
New SOS sign would be good

http://i.imgur.com/oz7gypul.jpg (http://imgur.com/oz7gypu)
New hatch skin

http://i.imgur.com/UMOEO1el.jpg (http://imgur.com/UMOEO1e)

New YO's signage and better ambient lighting
http://i.imgur.com/vxP3BRUl.jpg (http://imgur.com/vxP3BRU)
New Signage

http://i.imgur.com/UfSTSoTl.jpg (http://imgur.com/UfSTSoT)
New Signage

http://i.imgur.com/YHoxPLTl.jpg (http://imgur.com/YHoxPLT)
New Signage

http://i.imgur.com/NoAC9kgl.jpg (http://imgur.com/NoAC9kg)

New Signage.

Loving the facelift images guys, only one I'm not sure about is the NCN logo.

Also, slightly off topic, can we remove the immortality of NPC's again?

Dasore
08-12-14, 14:30
damn 180k... have to check the basecommander and woc disk mobs ;)

Divide
08-12-14, 15:04
damn 180k... have to check the basecommander and woc disk mobs ;)

Shit it'll take years to farm MC5 if that HP pool goes up that much.

Zoltan
08-12-14, 15:11
The main intention is to give rares and bosses their original meanings again. Rares are not rare, artifact isn't artifact... and Bosses are easy to kill as a single player.

Dasore
08-12-14, 18:57
that should have been done long time ago, but its def the right way to do now... no more farming of hundreds of unresseds a day ;)

Zoltan
08-12-14, 19:57
Pay attention (!): https://twitter.com/GM_ArkHive/status/541730741282168833

<3

Baldur
08-12-14, 23:05
Todays patch on Vedeena fixed the "Destrosol Forte" bug and added missiontexts (F8 window) for german and french clients.

Also the damage output and the HLT of Edward Hogarth (NCPD has an eye on you mission) have been reduced.

The reset of all the worlds Zoltans mentioned, should have fix the weird positioning of some static actors (see massakers screenshots).

necrocon
08-12-14, 23:14
Wow, that twitter picture... looks pretty badass!

Robert [GS]
09-12-14, 00:12
Sorry for German ....

ich bin bin ja so hin und weg was ihr hier macht!
Wahnsinn!!! Die neuen Texturen sehen gut aus.

eine Frage: werden auch Texturen wie zB Wände, Böden oder der Himmel angepasst?

Dasore
09-12-14, 01:01
Pay attention (!): https://twitter.com/GM_ArkHive/status/541730741282168833

<3
and now just let us know where that cave is so we can try it out :)

Xortag
09-12-14, 01:19
and now just let us know where that cave is so we can try it out :)

Not before it looks like

:cool:

Dasore
09-12-14, 09:06
as you guys are already into the cave modelling, you could also fix the whole tg canyon tunnel? on the second layer before you get out of tg i get stuck all 20 meters on invisible stuff.

Ascension
09-12-14, 10:52
is there a way to the neocontruct on the TS now?

Dasore
09-12-14, 11:19
there is a terminal in the reactor room in p1, the others disappered again

Divide
10-12-14, 05:36
The main intention is to give rares and bosses their original meanings again. Rares are not rare, artifact isn't artifact... and Bosses are easy to kill as a single player.

The rares in this game haven't ever really been 'rare.' They have always been a rite of passage. You level, you get your rares, you fight-- repeat for as many characters as you want to play. The slots were and continue to be the rare part of the equation. You aren't talking about just restoring original meanings here, you are talking about inventing a new echelon of item which is something this game does really have room for. Are the rares in place now going to stay where they are with new rares to be introduced to bosses and new content? I'm thinking there have been enough suggestions for new items like dyes for power armor (assuming that is feasible within the constraints of the code) for that to be a 'rare' drop from the new spider cave?
Lore could be something like blah blah blah spiders blah blah poison blah blah powerful against power armor blah blah kill them for dye.

The rarepool is such a stuck pig right now. Making it harder to obtain the same stuff isn't necessarily a problem, but I'd be happier knowing that the shiny bunch of shredded up tech parts I pull out of a dead mutant that resembles a pterodactyl and a dragon put together that can magically create two babies out of thin air on command was likely to be a rare that someone could possibly be interested in.

Instead of, say, melee tech parts.

Or drones.

Or Freezer rifles/pistols/cannons.