PDA

View Full Version : The Hacknet

Torg
26-11-14, 12:22
The hacknet is one of the weirder parts of Neocron. I was taking a look at it recently (its kinda weird) and wondered how you see that "game within a game" and "virtual reality within a virtual reality". What are the good and the bad sides of it in your opinion? What would you want to change, what do you want to stay?

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-11-14, 14:35
From my understanding the hacknet is something like you see in the Matrix movies when the Operator takes the guys into the net. You know the part when they hold the phone and zip zap zop they beam through the net.

It΄s not weird, I find it kind of a cool addition. Anarchy Online does have that feature, too. I like it.

Drachenpaladin
26-11-14, 16:52
I think its a nice idea, tho i think it could be a bit more fleshed out, also the mobs are kinda buggy i feel. Connect all the Data Storages to the rest of the Net to generate additional access and exit points f.e.
Introduce Hacknet-Imps and generally a bit more content to make Hackers resourceful.

Also:

Anarchy Online

Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Competitor product advertising! Bring his head on a pike to the altar to appease the forum gods!
:p

Bifrost
26-11-14, 19:52
Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Competitor product advertising! Bring his head on a pike to the altar to appease the forum gods!

To appease the forums gods, Stormlord's punishment will be to bring the forum gods a Youtube video link of this cool Anarchy Online addition - I want to see it in action, it may inspire some ideas. ;)

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-11-14, 22:06
Also:

...yeah, and after appeasing the forum gods I want Biotech to refrigerate my head and ressurect me 3000 years later with a robot body connected with the over decades deep-frozen brain. :cool:

To appease the forums gods, Stormlord's punishment will be to bring the forum gods a Youtube video link of this cool Anarchy Online addition - I want to see it in action, it may inspire some ideas. ;)

There we go ^^

Wikipedia article about the so called "grid" or "fixergrid" in AO.

http://www.aowiki.eu/index.php?title=Grid

I am sorry, looks like it is published in german only......

Now a requested video for the forum gods about grid / fixergrid

http://youtu.be/iHmrjloRm88

its going to be interesting at approx. 0:45 ^^